Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I'm gonna need a source on this because every newspaper I read keeps reporting that movement is still mostly restricted and you'll still need to carry papers around with a new form (which, uh, why doesn't the police just carry those and make people compile them on the spot? I can't imagine the first option is any less risky, given you'd still be handing over documents to a police officer).

You can, in fact, compile your autocertificazione on the spot afaik. All police checkpoints are supposed to have the modules since they are effectively asking you to take full penal responsibility of what you say. You are in effevt rendering a declaration of compliance on the spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I'm gonna need a source on this because every newspaper I read keeps reporting that movement is still mostly restricted and you'll still need to carry papers around with a new form (which, uh, why doesn't the police just carry those and make people compile them on the spot? I can't imagine the first option is any less risky, given you'd still be handing over documents to a police officer).

https://www.protezionecivile.fvg.it/it/la-protezione-civile/eventi/emergenza-coronavirus-covid19-ordinanza-contingibile-e-urgente-n-11pc

Point 2 states that you can go walk, run, unicycle or whatever the gently caress freely in your town in FVG. Before then it was only for people with a internal park in their condo/house, otherwise you fell into the papers please scenario.

FVG is halfway there on the plague charts so I’m expecting southern regions to be even more lax.

About the autocertificazione ... the IMMUNE app for contact tracing was supposed to handle those but the app is not yet ready to be deployed so paper it is ...

The shitshow that is happening about the CEI and the churches being closed is sorta embarrassing, almost US megachurch level(we need to reopen the churches gently caress everybody else in case you didn’t heard those cringy articles on the newspapers)

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 27, 2020

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
well what is the catholic church if not the ultimate literal megachurch all other megachurches aspire to be

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

SlowBloke posted:

https://www.protezionecivile.fvg.it/it/la-protezione-civile/eventi/emergenza-coronavirus-covid19-ordinanza-contingibile-e-urgente-n-11pc

Point 2 states that you can go walk, run, unicycle or whatever the gently caress freely in your town in FVG. Before then it was only for people with a internal park in their condo/house, otherwise you fell into the papers please scenario.

FVG is halfway there on the plague charts so I’m expecting southern regions to be even more lax.

About the autocertificazione ... the IMMUNE app for contact tracing was supposed to handle those but the app is not yet ready to be deployed so paper it is ...

The shitshow that is happening about the CEI and the churches being closed is sorta embarrassing, almost US megachurch level(we need to reopen the churches gently caress everybody else in case you didn’t heard those cringy articles on the newspapers)

aaaaand here's what happens when you let every region do whatever the hell it wants. Utter chaos. Also that's only valid until 3/5 and presumably will be replaced by the more "general" rules of DPCM on 4/5

here's the relevant points in the DPCM draft:

quote:

1. Allo scopo di contrastare e contenere il diffondersi del virus COVID-19 sull’intero territorio
nazionale si applicano le seguenti misure:
a) sono consentiti solo gli spostamenti motivati da comprovate esigenze lavorative o situazioni
di necessità ovvero per motivi di salute e si considerano necessari gli spostamenti per incontrare
congiunti purché venga rispettato il divieto di assembramento e il distanziamento interpersonale di
almeno un metro e vengano utilizzate protezioni delle vie respiratorie; in ogni caso, è fatto divieto a
tutte le persone fisiche di trasferirsi o spostarsi, con mezzi di trasporto pubblici o privati, in una
regione diversa rispetto a quella in cui attualmente si trovano, salvo che per comprovate esigenze
lavorative, di assoluta urgenza ovvero per motivi di salute; è in ogni caso consentito il rientro presso
il proprio domicilio, abitazione o residenza;
b) i soggetti con sintomatologia da infezione respiratoria e febbre (maggiore di 37,5° C) devono
rimanere presso il proprio domicilio e limitare al massimo i contatti sociali, contattando il proprio
medico curante;
c) è fatto divieto assoluto di mobilità dalla propria abitazione o dimora per i soggetti sottoposti
alla misura della quarantena ovvero risultati positivi al virus;
d) è vietata ogni forma di assembramento di persone in luoghi pubblici e privati; il sindaco può
disporre la temporanea chiusura di specifiche aree in cui non sia possibile assicurare altrimenti il
rispetto di quanto previsto dalla presente lettera;
e) l’accesso del pubblico ai parchi, alle ville e ai giardini pubblici è condizionato al rigoroso
rispetto di quanto previsto dalla lettera d), nonché della distanza di sicurezza interpersonale di un
metro; il sindaco può disporre la temporanea chiusura di specifiche aree in cui non sia possibile
assicurare altrimenti il rispetto di quanto previsto dalla presente lettera; le aree attrezzate per il gioco
dei bambini sono chiuse;
f) non è consentito svolgere attività ludica o ricreativa all’aperto; è consentito svolgere
individualmente, ovvero con accompagnatore per i minori o le persone non completamente
autosufficienti, attività sportiva o attività motoria, purché comunque nel rispetto della distanza di
sicurezza interpersonale di almeno due metri per l’attività sportiva e di almeno un metro per ogni
altra attività;

so it is pretty clear that to move around you should have reasons; besides work and health reasons that were already allowed, visiting family and individual "motor activity" (but not leisure activity, so you can walk/run/go on a bicycle but not say, juggle or go fishing I guess?) are now allowed too, any form of crowding is strictly forbidden, but you can access parks, but only if you're not crowding and if the mayor is not closing areas that he feels cannot be controlled. And there's no mention of having to produce any papers for just motor activity e.g. walking around :confused:

I guess some kind of clarification will be coming in the next few days but still this is pretty insane, in that it both is .. not really much more lenient than "phase 1" and at the same time open to such interpretation that basically anyone can go around for any reason and just say they are doing "motor activity" (passeggiata) as long as they're not litreally caught being in a crowd, eating, playing cards or whatever with other people.

I'm happy for myself because I really need to ride my bicycle again, I was a fat gently caress before the quarantine and things are definitely NOT improving by staying at home and eating junk food, but I am afraid too many people will abuse this and go have parties at friends' houses since I doubt police will be able (if only for manpower reasons, there's already too little checking as is) to check people inside private homes, and if you're caught on the road going there you're just taking a walk of course. Personally, anything I'll do outside I will be wearing a mask and carrying papers though with my reason for leaving home, I don't feel it infringes on my basic rights or whatever, we're living during a pandemic and it is kind of expected.

oh btw it's not just catholics having hissy fits about not going to church, evangelicals/protestants (which are a tiny minority here) are too, or even worse because they're afraid that since catholics are a huge majority they will be allowed to do their things, while they won't because no one thinks of them...

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Today i had to go to the office due to a handful of idiots and if my return trip is of any indication we are quite hosed, out of say 100 people 60 had the masks correctly on and the rest(all runners, teenagers and cyclists i wonder why....) held the masks on their chin, sorta like my generation did with their motorcycle cromwell & jet-type helmets slung on the nape of their neck(hey i have the helmet on, you cannot say anything cop).

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

SlowBloke posted:

Today i had to go to the office due to a handful of idiots and if my return trip is of any indication we are quite hosed, out of say 100 people 60 had the masks correctly on and the rest(all runners, teenagers and cyclists i wonder why....) held the masks on their chin, sorta like my generation did with their motorcycle cromwell & jet-type helmets slung on the nape of their neck(hey i have the helmet on, you cannot say anything cop).

Good to see some things are the same on both sides of the pond. I can't help but thinking, every time I go out, that we'd be so much better off than we are if people just did the bare minimum with some common sense.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
I’m sorry for you goons living in Milan but if those Navigli photos are real we should just wall you guys and let corona solve your “living problem”. Creating dozens or more new superclusters just cause you are desperate for a drink?

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 13:38 on May 8, 2020

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

SlowBloke posted:

I’m sorry for you goons living in Milan but if those Navigli photos are real we should just wall you guys and let corona solve your “living problem”. Creating dozens or more new superclusters just cause you are desperate for a drink?

I believe that it's more "haha this is only for old people", "it's completely overblown and I can go out and see my friends, what's the harm in that" or "it's a conspiracy to have a coup d'état, the state enjoys killing the economy and being hated by everyone so we should do the opposite of what they tell us", rather than being desperate for a drink.

You know, because as far as I can tell people living in Veneto would be much more desperate for a drink but they're not acting as retarded as people in Milan are. Also you can have a drink at home, I know I do that from time to time :v:

Anyway we'll see in 2-3 weeks, I've seen plenty of people out and about in my small centre-south town, both old and young, and mostly not respecting basic common sense, let alone social distancing rules... and every region that is not heavily hit is pushing to reopen everything ASAP.

I guess at the end of the month if things will still be "fine" we might say we're out of the worst part. If we're not, things will be ugly by then and some places will have to close again.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Number went up, today.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Hopefully it's the standard post-weekend bounce and not a prelude to number actually going up again.

:shepicide:

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Omobono posted:

Hopefully it's the standard post-weekend bounce and not a prelude to number actually going up again.

:shepicide:

Given how people are relaxing their masks/gloves stance I am surprised the numbers are not higher....

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Everything has an one to two weeks delay, due to the incubation period.
Number doesn't seem to be going back up at the moment (knock on wood and grab your favourite Neapolitan lucky horn) but you need some days of data before the graphs and numbers are actually meaningful and not random noise.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Christ on a cross, we are truly hosed. Everyone is running around maskless and gloveless without any care in the world. Vehicle traffic(and people movement) is gone back to prelockdown levels. Is it the same for other :italy: goons?

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Rome is definitely seeing a lot more traffic. People going maskless gloveless out in the open is fine so long as they keep distancing, unless they're stuck shoulder to shoulder for some reason. Also restaurants and other entertainment opening up should relieve the pressure off the parks, which was the one open space I felt there were truly too many people going around. Supermarkets are still enforcing masks and limiting numbers so they are fine.

I dunno about closed spaces cause I'm still not forced back in, but that's the one thing I'd be worrying about for real. Social distancing and PPE at the workplace, or any closed space is key, and employers in Italy are loving adamant about not respecting workplace safety regulations cause it hurts myyyyyy profiiiiiittttssss :qq:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

SlowBloke posted:

Christ on a cross, we are truly hosed. Everyone is running around maskless and gloveless without any care in the world. Vehicle traffic(and people movement) is gone back to prelockdown levels. Is it the same for other :italy: goons?

I haven't left home today because I fully expected people to be dumb. Plus since internships in my region are still suspended I see no point in going back to the office since it's staffed by me + an intern, if there's no intern why would I even bother going since I can 99% work from home.

Anyway I looked out the window and I don't see many people on the street, the ones that are there are mostly using masks, there's a bunch of cars going around (maybe for leisure, but maybe for work reasons) but still not as many as it used to be pre-lockdown.

My city is kinda small and many places are still reorganizing for reopening, also the weather isn't great either today so that might change over the next few days. I bet in the more populous regions (north, Napoli, Roma) it will be much worse, if only because with a higher population inevitably comes a higher percentage of stupid people... I guess we'll have a better idea of how it's going in a couple of weeks from now.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
@Char ho il tuo benestare a duplicare il tuo ultimo maxipost su bread and roses? Ho come la sensazione che stia andando tutto in vacca

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh yeah, last week, thanks to covid, I got to experience my first Italian-language funeral. :smith: His niece sent a poem from Italy and I didn't understand basically any of it but that just made it sadder.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Tesseraction posted:

Oh yeah, last week, thanks to covid, I got to experience my first Italian-language funeral. :smith: His niece sent a poem from Italy and I didn't understand basically any of it but that just made it sadder.

If you want i can translate it

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I don't have it to hand - a relative read it out loud. Thanks for the offer!

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I'm very sorry to hear that, Tesseraction. I hope you find some solace for your grief in these trying times and that you get to read this message before SA dies its death because of its garbage owner.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I'm very sorry to hear that, Tesseraction. I hope you find some solace for your grief in these trying times and that you get to read this message before SA dies its death because of its garbage owner.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I did, thanks for the condolences! Hopefully this lives on long enough for us to discuss happier topics!

Char
Jan 5, 2013
The absentee OP returns. Sure, feel free to correct or add anything.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

reviving this thread in hopes of getting some information on what's going on with conte and the parliament. is he out? has mattarella dissolved the government?

curious what's going on and what will likely happen. seems pretty wild.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Good question. Last I heard he had resigned in order to ask for a new mandate/majority. What's going on, compagn(e/i)?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Renzi threw a tantrum because no one was paying enough attention to him, and withdrew his support for the government.

The government survived a confidence vote, just barely, but found itself in an unsustainable situation, so Conte decided to resign in order to allow someone else (or himself, possibly) to form a new government, with support from across the aisle.

The situation as it stands:

- The Democratic Party would like for Conte to remain as PM, but will support anyone from their field or from 5SM.

- Five Star Movement really wants Conte (of course, because he's one of theirs), but have been grudgingly acknowledged that they would stand behind anyone agreed on by the party. A possible complication world be Di Battista, the leaders of one of the internal M5S factions, splitting off if he doesn't get his way.

- Italia Viva (Renzi) is opposed to Conte (of course) but in favour of a government with someone else as PM.

- Several people from Forza Italia (Berlusconi's party) have said they wouldn't be opposed to a National Unity government, if they get some concessions.

- The fash parties, Lega and FdI, want to vote right now (because they know they'll win).

As of right now, it seems Conte is done for. Fico (5SM, President of the Chamber of Deputies) has been tasked by the President of the Republic to talk with the various parties and see if he can't manage to form a new government. Who knows how things will end up.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
I think there'll likely be a last-minute rescue by Berlusconi. His party is dead in the water, if we went to the polls now he'd have a fraction of the deputies he currently has, if at all. They might well be gobbled up by the fash. The interesting thing is if the 5sm will accept.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
The biggest risk IMHO is that a centre-right or right adjacent government would start to throw mass tax removal to the economy using recovery funds(generating massive deficit) to bolster image. Which is likely what a centre-left or left-adjacent government would do (but aimed to mystical ISEE levels so with less widespread damage). In other words our budgets are likely to get even more turbo hosed.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
President Mattarella has called Draghi for a meeting tomorrow so here's to another decade of austerity cuts lmao

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

:rip:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

:same:

let's see how the vote of confidence goes, but I bet they'll appeal to "emotional" reasons like "we can't have a crisis in the middle of a pandemic!" to bruteforce it through even if no one really wants it

we're hosed, and we can only hope we don't get quite as turbofucked as Greece has been

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

what a bitter day

Char
Jan 5, 2013
According to Italian press, Draghi is the Best Human Being currently alive. The amount of pseudo-propaganda circulating is nauseating, even the most read sports newspaper has good words for him.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

We must build a statue to him. He's the Saviour of the Fatherland after all. Maybe an equestrian statue, with the horse trampling a Covid virus under its hooves.

Y'all go melt the bronze and hire a sculptor, I'll start pouring the concrete for the pedestal.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
Here's the list of Draghi's ministers. Notable additions include Brunetta at PA just like during Berlusconi's government. No changes at foreign affairs or health, much to the liberals's displeasure who wanted Di Maio to go back to selling soda. There are a lot of independents, and that's because they're all technocrats nominated by Draghi.

quote:

Minister of Foreign Affairs: Luigi Di Maio (M5S)
Minister of the Interior: Luciana Lamorgese (Independent)
Minister of Justice: Marta Cartabia (Independent)
Minister of Defence: Lorenzo Guerini (Democratic Party)
Minister of Economy and Finance: Daniele Franco (Independent)
Minister of Economic Development: Giancarlo Giorgetti (League)
Minister of Agriculture: Stefano Patuanelli (M5S)
Minister for Ecological Transition: Roberto Cingolani (Independent)
Minister of Infrastructure and Transport: Enrico Giovannini (Independent)
Minister of Labour and Social Policies: Andrea Orlando (Democratic Party)
Minister of Public Education: Patrizio Bianchi (Independent)
Minister of University and Research: Maria Cristina Messa (Independent)
Minister of Culture: Dario Franceschini (Democratic Party)
Minister of Health: Roberto Speranza (Free and Equal - Liberi e Uguali, milquetoast centre-left group made up of washed-up PD has-beens)
Minister of Tourism: Massimo Garavaglia (League)
Minister for Parliamentary Relations: Federico D'Incà (M5S)
Minister of Public Administration: Renato Brunetta (Forza Italia)
Minister of Regional Affairs: Mariastella Gelmini (Forza Italia)
Minister for the South and Territorial Cohesion: Mara Carfagna (Forza Italia)
Minister for Family and Equal Opportunities: Elena Bonetti (Italia Viva, Renzi's own kindergarten)
Minister for Youth Policies and Sport: Fabiana Dadone (M5S)
Minister for Technological Innovation and Digital Transition: Vittorio Colao (Independent)
Minister for Disabilities: Erika Stefani (League)
Secretary of the Council of Ministers: Roberto Garofoli (Independent)

I Love Annie May fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Feb 13, 2021

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

I Love Annie May posted:

Here's the list of Draghi's ministers. Notable additions include Brunetta at PA just like during Berlusconi's government. No changes at foreign affairs or health, much to the liberals's displeasure who wanted Di Maio to go back to selling soda. There are a lot of independents, and that's because they're all technocrats nominated by Draghi.

A shitton of FI has been, back into the fold and some of those newcomers are very debatable(agid to colao)

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it is interesting to me how degenerate democracy has become, to the point where what amounts royalism is seen as a rational and superior way of governing

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

It's nice living in the south and knowing that Mara Carfagna is going to look after your well-being.

Dear Lord, save us from this mess and literally deliver us from evil

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Scrivo in italiano perché ho il sentimento che tradurlo in inglese non renda. Il crollo della Marmolada sta venendo passato sui media come la consueta strage estiva del gonzo che va sulla montagna senza pensare(potremmo discutere all'infinito su come andare per ghiacciai a 30 e passa all'ombra non sia sta furbata ma esula dal punto che voglio fare) ma personalmente è un punto di svolta generazionale. Quando sono andato l'ultima volta anni fa era una sequela di vecchi o adulti con bambini letteralmente trainati a forza che erano più intenti a fare il record con i loro game boy che non gustare l'esperienza, ora ci si presenta lo scenario dove le dolomiti o altre vette delle alpi possano crollare come un castello di carte lasciandoci solo il ricordo per noi vecchi. So che è una pippa mentale e potrebbe non accadere nulla ma comunque mi fa pensare, cosa che ammetto possa sembrare l'ennesimo problema da benpensante rispetto a rogne più impellenti come il conflitto ucraino o l'economia amabilmente andata a mignotte.

Giusto uno sfogo libero, tanto parlar di politica come da titolo, con gli animali che abbiamo in senato o alle camere, è una perdita di fiato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

SlowBloke posted:

Scrivo in italiano perché ho il sentimento che tradurlo in inglese non renda.

To be honest machine translation is pretty good for European languages these days.

I hadn't heard about this serac collapse (British politics has been a little hectic the past week) but that seems pretty devastating, particularly as Draghi says it's climate-related. Extra worrying given this forecast from a few days ago:

https://twitter.com/SimonLeeWx/status/1543391444299198464

Which his latest forecast (sorry he's zoomed in on the UK section) shows is likely to hit in 8-11 days https://twitter.com/SimonLeeWx/status/1544433093574070272