Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

CoolCab posted:

ayyyyyyyy guess who got into newcastle!!!

In these times you could interpret that as physically being admitted to the city :v:

Congratulations!

E: Catte tax, from today's walk - this is one of our regulars

Bobstar fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

DesperateDan posted:

Then came home and watched my neighbor get arrested so in all a day of contrasts tbh

What were they arrested for?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

crispix posted:

Breaking t'law

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Which one though?

Are we talking about unessential shopping for multipack lollies or corpses under the patio

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

Breaking t'law

I've been having this idea for a while where you take footage of people doing stuff like buying more than three packets of biscuits or standing more than 2 meters close and then you jump cut to judas priest in the manner of the dancing coffin guys.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Ms Adequate posted:

Breaking t'law

breaking t'law breaking t'law!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

learnincurve posted:

Congratulations CoolCab!

Do they still have that all you can eat buffet restaurant in Newcastle? You should definitely go there if they do.

Lau's? Yeah it's still there (and might be a lot fancier than you remember) lthough if you want Chinese food you can do better on Stowell Street.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

crispix posted:

Which one though?

Are we talking about unessential shopping for multipack lollies or corpses under the patio

Just noticed your excellent avatar. I barely saw the programme but I spent hour upon hour in the Spectrum game as a kid.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Party Boat posted:

Lau's? Yeah it's still there (and might be a lot fancier than you remember) lthough if you want Chinese food you can do better on Stowell Street.

Place I went to had sections with different types of food stuffs in them, and a pudding section that seemed to be comprised entirely of gelatine.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Looks like Virgin Media is shutting the bed tonight. Anyone else having issues?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s a national outage so not just you. Twitter thinks they deliberately doing it for a bailout

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah it's loving up everywhere.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

crispix posted:

Technically? common assault

Realistically? not shutting up/staying at scene of crime

I only caught the arrest part and got filled in on the details later but there had been a lot of family arguments going on and presumably while he was stressed from this tried to lamp one of the teenage kids who hangs around on the street (he's previously taken to yelling at them for doing tame teenage poo poo). They filmed at least part of it and had witnesses and when the cops showed he was still having it large on the pavement and going into detail about how when he got back out they would be in for it and would the cops like a taste too etc.

Always remember ladies and gents- "no comment. I would like to speak to a solicitor.". Not "ahhhll fakking kill yez". Especially on camera.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

I'd suggest waiting myself. I am waiting till wednesday to nip out and pick up the bananas I have been waiting on!

Thanks again Owl!

I have a little bit of sertraline but was in the process of moving doctors when Covid took over, so haven't been able to pick much of it up. I should probably do that soon though.

Thanks Forkboy. Keep safe.

CoolCab posted:

ayyyyyyyy guess who got into newcastle!!!

it's not scotland as was my preference but i wouldn't have applied if it wasn't pushes and support from you nerds. <3

Congratulations! Newcastle was lovely last time I went! Have fun!

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Pablo Bluth posted:

Over 30000 reports on here:

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/virgin-media/

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Trip report: If Cadburys has gotten worse I can't remember what the difference was and it tasted alright. Definitely not the abomination we call Hershey's.

Speaking of which, Thandie Newton and Aaron Paul are really struggling with some loving awful material.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

The Deleter posted:

Trip report: If Cadburys has gotten worse I can't remember what the difference was and it tasted alright. Definitely not the abomination we call Hershey's.

Speaking of which, Thandie Newton and Aaron Paul are really struggling with some loving awful material.

I think you can sometimes get the barest hint of sick with their creme egg chocolate, which is apparently the butyric acid they added in to harmonise recipes. Which I have a vague feeling they said they wouldn't do, along with closing the UK factory.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Josef bugman posted:

I have a little bit of sertraline but was in the process of moving doctors when Covid took over, so haven't been able to pick much of it up. I should probably do that soon though.

Thanks Forkboy. Keep safe.

Thanks bud. With sertraline, I do feel like you need to be aware of the side effects. When I started on it I couldn't get an erection for the first month, & even a few years later ejaculation is...I dunno, it's less pleasurable I guess you could say. But that's honestly survivable. The big issue I've had on it has been that I can't go more than 4 hours without needing to piss, which includes waking up in the middle of the night every single night. While that's disconcerting at first I've mostly adapted to it, but I've also had slightly diminished control of...what I'm saying is it only happened once but I, as a grown man, who was totally sober, woke up having pissed myself. And even when I wake up in the middle of the night, if I don't instantly leap to my feet & race to the bog there's a tendency for leakage. It loving sucks but it's also the first time an SSRI has really worked for my brain so it really is worth it. But I'm glad I'm single, getting up at 4am every night to take a leak (I started setting an alarm because I had been waking up at 7am when there was a massive risk others in the house being up and in the shower or something which would not end well, at least this way I avoided that hazard) would probably be a nightmare for a significant other to deal with.

Like I said, I don't regret being on sertraline, it's been the best condition my brain has been in since I was 14 or something. But it is worth being aware of the side effects, even if they are rarer. I kind of missed that bladder trouble was a risk & started having a panic that something more serious was going on for a bit.

learnincurve posted:

Big split in the Tory party, the old guard ultra right wing capitalist and Boris and his cronies.

...Boris isn't an ultra right wing capitalist?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can't remember if it sertraline or citalopram but the first time I took it my body just went NOPE and started bombarding me with nausea, dizziness, splitting headache, shortness of breath, stomachache, all sorts of poo poo.

Though I also couldn't ever tell when I was taking ritalin and I'm told that's definitely not the case for most people.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Prince John posted:

I think you can sometimes get the barest hint of sick with their creme egg chocolate, which is apparently the butyric acid they added in to harmonise recipes. Which I have a vague feeling they said they wouldn't do, along with closing the UK factory.

If they have then thankfully I'm not eating a creme egg for the chocolate. That's lame though. Nationalise Cadbury's.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Effexor VR stoned me out of my gourd two weeks straight (I couldn't drive it was so bad. Chill feeling though) and straight up murdered my sex drive. I've been off it 2 years now and I still struggle with feeling absolutely unrandy.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
awesome

https://twitter.com/Zomzilove/status/1254725534283632640?s=20

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Pablo Bluth posted:

Oh I thought it was just me.

Cunts. One job etc. etc..

Josef bugman posted:

I'd suggest waiting myself. I am waiting till wednesday to nip out and pick up the bananas I have been waiting on!

Yeah, I managed to hold out until the shop closed 2 minutes ago. I regret it now, of course, but sailor vee.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/_MichaelOswell_/status/1254709789113962496?s=19

Worlds hosed. We're hosed.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
thanks enormously for all the positive wishes. it's big and scary, and i'm not finished - still gotta apply for finance etc - but i'm making progress and i appreciate the support. you guys :kimchi:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

quote:

"Instead policymakers must prevent a stunning rise in unemployment from scarring a generation with lower living standards"

Like they gave a poo poo about that after 2008

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

forkboy84 posted:

...Boris isn't an ultra right wing capitalist?

The old guard are capitalist before they are ultra-right. They'll tolerate pesky inconveniences like black people and Europe as long as doing so makes money. By backing Brexit to the hilt Boris has done the reverse.

jacksbrat
Oct 15, 2012

sinky posted:

Yeah but they had to pull a fair amount of bullshit to prevent left wing leaders getting voted in here & in the US. It's bad enough to have one generation pushing for a fairer society after being screwed by capitalism as young adults, God forbid having two!

(yeah right, instead of making sure zoomers get some opportunity in life they'll make great strides in youth disenfranchisement).

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

sinky posted:

Billionaire safety is the product of;

A) How many bullets are available for the duration of the riot
B) how many staff are available to fire those bullets,
C) how many rioters are they shooting at.

In the States you might see C outweigh A soon.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Total Meatlove posted:

Surely it would be (A*B)/C rather than a simple product

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Jedit posted:

The old guard are capitalist before they are ultra-right. They'll tolerate pesky inconveniences like black people and Europe as long as doing so makes money. By backing Brexit to the hilt Boris has done the reverse.

Boris does not understand economics either, he’s your typical thick as pigshit Eton old boy who was chosen to be the next Hesseltine and he’s decided to get his own people in and follow this xenophobic agenda instead of doing what he was told. As you said the old guard don’t mind black and brown people so long as they “learn to speak English and properly assimilate into British Christian society” as in act like a white person and pay taxes.

JRM is the “right” kind of Tory, however they are marginally self aware enough to realise that he’s not going to be able to joke around and play up to Tommy Robinson's lads and as he’s catholic the Middle English WI ladies won’t approve of him.

Edit: My dad is literally the fash, but unfortunately for the world at large he’s fash with a doctorate in economics and had 40 years of being in the civil service under his belt, it’s fuckers like my dad you really really need to watch out for.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Total Meatlove posted:

Rioters in the US can and generally do have their own guns and bullets and this still hasn't happened.

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010
Well the landlords and letting agents just flat rejected our request for a rent suspension as it 'wasn't in the best interests of the estate'.

Our landlord (a woman in her 90s) died in February and her son stands to inherit the four bed flat we live in West London. It's a real shame she passed away (I know, UKMT heresy) because she almost certainly would have given us the suspension, and we had thought our flatmates close relationship with her and her husband (who died a couple of years ago) might have stood us in good stead with her sons but alas.

He even went to their funerals and was once propositioned by one of the sons but apparently the compassion and closeness only flows one way.

My flatmates are fuming but I'm a bit more resigned to it. Landlords gonna landlord etc.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Sloth Life posted:

Effexor VR stoned me out of my gourd two weeks straight (I couldn't drive it was so bad. Chill feeling though) and straight up murdered my sex drive. I've been off it 2 years now and I still struggle with feeling absolutely unrandy.

Username/post

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

a lovely king posted:

Well the landlords and letting agents just flat rejected our request for a rent suspension as it 'wasn't in the best interests of the estate'.

Our landlord (a woman in her 90s) died in February and her son stands to inherit the four bed flat we live in West London. It's a real shame she passed away (I know, UKMT heresy) because she almost certainly would have given us the suspension, and we had thought our flatmates close relationship with her and her husband (who died a couple of years ago) might have stood us in good stead with her sons but alas.

He even went to their funerals and was once propositioned by one of the sons but apparently the compassion and closeness only flows one way.

My flatmates are fuming but I'm a bit more resigned to it. Landlords gonna landlord etc.

gently caress landlords, estate agents and the government for failing to provision for this.

poo poo on the walls and move out (if you can)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

learnincurve posted:

Boris does not understand economics either, he’s your typical thick as pigshit Eton old boy who was chosen to be the next Hesseltine and he’s decided to get his own people in and follow this xenophobic agenda instead of doing what he was told.

Boris is doing exactly what he's been told to do. The old guard's problem is that he's being told what to do by Dominic Cummings instead of the 1922 Committee, and he's got sufficient support both among Eurosceptic Tory MPs and the general membership that they can't do anything about it.

Boris himself doesn't care what he does, I don't think. His goal was always to be Prime Minister, but he wants someone else to do the actual work and the decision making while all he has to do is make speeches on the telly. If Cameron had taken Boris aside in 2015 and offered to back him as successor over Gidiot when he stepped down, then Boris would probably have been pro-Remain in the campaigning. But opposing Cameron was the easy route, because win or lose over the EU it put him to the head of one of the Tory factions.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Jedit posted:

Rioters in the US can and generally do have their own guns and bullets and this still hasn't happened.

Very few of the people who have lots of guns are likely to be rioting AGAINST billionaires.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://twitter.com/rolandbarfs/status/1254692798001004544?s=20

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It'd be really nice if Virgin internet stopped making GBS threads itself tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Very cool that Virgin Media is making GBS threads the bed and taking out our Work From Home VPN once every hour.