Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Apparently on a phone call with state Govs, Trump wants them to "open the schools soon". That's a bit too late there, Wet Mouth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

VitalSigns posted:

because the media will repeat it endlessly just like Hillary's emails

multiple people have corroborated Reade's story, it aint just Trump. It strains credulity that she just went around to all her family and neighbors lying about a sexual assault just in case she needed to bring it up 25 years later

The only weird thing at this point is that we aren't hearing other women tell "Joe Biden straight up groped my genitals" stories.

Lots of him being too touchy, but I would have expected more similar stories at this point.

This isn't to denigrate Reade in any way, I'm literally surprised there hasn't been another of similar credibility and severity.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

VH4Ever posted:

We don't mention it enough that Trump is STILL doing the diva "bump the press conference start back" poo poo like he's late-80s/early 90s Axl Rose and the media is STILL falling for it, at least NBC still is. Showing the empty podium for 30 straight minutes. And after all that waiting we all get "inject bleach!" hot takes. Stop covering these events, MSM.

to be fair you don't want to be the network failing to air the president live on camera advising the nation to inject bleach into their lungs

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

VH4Ever posted:

We don't mention it enough that Trump is STILL doing the diva "bump the press conference start back" poo poo like he's late-80s/early 90s Axl Rose and the media is STILL falling for it, at least NBC still is. Showing the empty podium for 30 straight minutes. And after all that waiting we all get "inject bleach!" hot takes. Stop covering these events, MSM.

they barely did. after like the first 10, they stopped showing them live or showed only pieces. plus the slow motion train crashes get views.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1254886786171645955

Gotta protect those corporations at all costs.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

not surprised but is that the worst thing?

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Guze posted:

Gotta be one of the main stars on Fox to say totally batshit things

It wouldn't shock me to learn that the internal reasoning was that they were simply becoming too popular and FOX has to maintain the white sort of image to keep its base.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

as far as i know, it's incredibly unclear whether Congress could even legally do this -- it would effectively require overriding the workers' comp and negligence law of every single state

like state legislatures can definitely pass legislation that says "employees are no longer allowed to sue businesses for their negligence in getting people infected with COVID" but it's a very different story for the Congress to try to do that

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yes! knowingly putting your employees in danger should be criminal, not just civil

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I mean, it’s a free pass for business owners to tell their employees “get to work or get fired” and “come to work sick or get fired”, so yeah

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

The Angry Bum posted:

More like been involved in NY Democratic Party operations since the Clinton years so I'm very incredibly far from Conservative viewpoints, but I do know many on the other side of the political spectrum. I left the Democrats after the 2008 primaries and Obama was the presidential nominee because of what he and his team had done to sabotage local elections.

It's not often you spot a genuine PUMA in the wild anymore.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Serfer posted:

yes! knowingly putting your employees in danger should be criminal, not just civil

yeah. good point.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
LMAO Trump is having a presser tonight. So how many days was that?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

LMAO Trump is having a presser tonight.

its going on. he just reading of stats and company names with self sucking noises.

Edit

CNN cut away.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

eke out posted:

as far as i know, it's incredibly unclear whether Congress could even legally do this -- it would effectively require overriding the workers' comp and negligence law of every single state

like state legislatures can definitely pass legislation that says "employees are no longer allowed to sue businesses for their negligence in getting people infected with COVID" but it's a very different story for the Congress to try to do that

Poliogoiter is looking to extend corporate protections against suits by injured sla--employees. It's a continuation of the kind of thinking that brought us Right To Work and At Will employment and making it so all disputes need to be solved under arbitration instead of in court. It's presumably in the legislature's power to do that, since we're kinda of playing calvinball anyway, but I imagine if challenged by individual states they could probably fight it -- he's tying it to state aid for presumably that exact reason.

Federalism only seems to apply in one direction.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
It's good to see that the Presidential Fellating Sessions continue yet again.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Haha, who called that dipshit was going to bring up business people to talk how great he is? You won!

CNN has already bailed.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Corporate executive circle jerk. He thinks this impresses people.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Guze posted:

Gotta be one of the main stars on Fox to say totally batshit things

fox, as an NYC-based entity, seems actually pissed about the corona response in a way that is only mostly restrained on air

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Wilbur Swain posted:

Corporate executive circle jerk. He thinks this impresses people.

yeah. dudes trapped in the 80s.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

Haha, who called that dipshit was going to bring up business people to talk how great he is? You won!

CNN has already bailed.

He needs this footage for when he's campaigning later this year to say "Look how well I did with the Economy! Give me your vote!"

This is only appealing to his Chuds, rich businessmen, and wackjobs. The typical adult and typical worker are sick of his poo poo and fully aware of his handling of the virus.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
The bugs seem to be out in full force today

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Trotting our CEO names worked on March 20ish when people still had misplaced faith that he had a clue in what he was doing.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trotting our CEO names worked on March 20ish when people still had misplaced faith that he had a clue in what he was doing.
Trump has a circular playbook it seems

also none of the stuff he said would happen with these companies ever did

Totally Huge
Mar 10, 2006

Cold brew got me like...

College Slice
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1254869376538468355?s=21

I love everybody

or

Ello erry boddy

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Trump has a circular playbook it seems

also none of the stuff he said would happen with these companies ever did

You mean your local Target Walmart and CVS don’t have drive up on demand testing in their parking lots?

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Buncha mic touchers.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

This poo poo is more embarrassing that saying we should try injecting Lysol.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:confused:

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1254889517296824328

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

I might be commitment averse, but that's the most alarming use of those words that i've ever heard

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

The guy is either drugged up something fierce, is sick, or just spent 2 hours trying to push out a pea-sized poo poo into a toilet. Or all.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I think he just read this https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/1254889812219265026

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

I think its "I love everybody"

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
I'm the shocked zoom-out

For all their failings and horrible fuckups, the us intel community does do some interesting stuff and has some extremely knowledgeable people tracking what goes on in the world and I can't fathom not being curious enough to read what they think is worth passing up the chain each day.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 27, 2020

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

The Qubeheads are scrambling to decode his secret messages as we speak.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
So... this is a task force presser now?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

What did Trump spend his weekend off doing exactly because it does not look like it was good for him.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

evilweasel posted:

like what i don't get is that everyone knows old people already vote like their lives depend on it

why are republicans making their lives actually depend on it, and on them voting democratic?

all they care about is quarterly profits

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

1glitch0 posted:

So... this is a task force presser now?

That's what it really needs to be.

I'm a bit bummed we didn't get to hear from Arby's CEO after that line up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1254894899943669762