Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

oh jay posted:

Remind me. Are we getting another chapter next week, or are they skipping for Golden Week?

Next chapter is May 10th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

More time to talk about my boy Dabi.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
If Dabi were there he would’ve shattered the capsule himself trying to torch the 87th ranked pro-hero.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah. We never reached a consensus on Dabi's rear end. Smooth and pale or crispy and purple? Pick a side and explain your reasoning. I won't rest until we get to the bottom of this (<- I made a hilarious pun and joke here but I'm serious about this discussion)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dadi was thrown away because he lacked the Todoroki family's rear end genes.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Libra posted:

Yeah. We never reached a consensus on Dabi's rear end. Smooth and pale or crispy and purple? Pick a side and explain your reasoning. I won't rest until we get to the bottom of this (<- I made a hilarious pun and joke here but I'm serious about this discussion)

Crispy and purple. Look at where the skin grafts are -- face, hands, chests, all stuff you display to the public. Given that Dabi's butt is covered by his jeans and his jacket, no need to do a cosmetic skin graft.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

TheHan posted:

Shigaraki eats it right here and Dabi gets to be leader now.

rannum posted:

so who is ready for
shigaraki to kick the bucket this arc leading us to our TRUE villain for the rest of the series, everyone's favorite character: Dabi!

my prophecy comes closer to being true with each passing chapter

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

See I would also argue that he has skin grafts on all the parts of the body that you would want to look smooth and pristine. Personally, I would include the rear end in that category.
Of course Dabi is a twisted killer, and his opinions on the matter may differ strongly from mine! Perhaps in the mind of an evil criminal, a nasty rear end is best.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

One: Dabi needs to be louder, angrier and have access to a time machine.
Two: whenever Dabi's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Dabi?"

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Libra posted:

Left cheek smooth, right crispy

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Hrrrrnnggh Shigaraki, I'm trying to sneak into the summer camp, but the crunch of my rear end cheeks keeps alerting the kids.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Mirko mentioning that the Nomus woke up after being zapped with electricity kind of pointing a huge glowing sign in one direction here.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

serious gaylord posted:

Mirko mentioning that the Nomus woke up after being zapped with electricity kind of pointing a huge glowing sign in one direction here.

:hai:

Pikachu.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kanos posted:

Yeah, the dramatic narration used in MHA is almost always incredibly misleading or exaggerated. I don't think this arc is going to end with "and then the heroes stomped the villains flat with no losses besides that one guy twice stabbed and mirko getting mangled", but I think reading "the day heroes disappeared from the city" as "Shigaraki woke up and then he and Gigantomachia splatterhoused half of hero society in one go" is probably reaching too far.

Granted the first one lead to Stain getting super popular which lead to the villains getting stronger.

Another dramatic one was him saying his life wasn't ever the same after getting some cheese.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I think everyone in the hospital team(with maybe the exception of Mirko) is about to get dusted. Though I’m not sure how the Kurogiri/Shirokumo subplot would work if Mic and Aizawa were dead. Maybe he’ll witness their deaths somehow...

serious gaylord posted:

...Like for example if he teleports a certain electricity user to wake up Dusty boy.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 27, 2020

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rhonne posted:

Shigaraki is about to be saved by the "Traitor".

God I hope it's this

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Do we know where Hagakure is?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Actually, another thought just hit me, Kurogiri gets free(thanks to AfO) and he immediately teleports to Shigaraki's side and saves him. Gotta protect his gloomy brat.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

Actually, another thought just hit me, Kurogiri gets free(thanks to AfO) and he immediately teleports to Shigaraki's side and saves him. Gotta protect his gloomy brat.

This could work given that Eraser is specifically not going into that room but Mic is.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I like a prison break story, and I'd also be game for "they put all the current heroes in the hospital and now it's UA crew up against impossible odds." I'd put my money on Shigaraki getting revived enough to kill a beloved hero or two and then lots of bad guys getting away. I think there are too many heroes on the scene for them to lose this, and I'll chalk up "all the heroes disappeared" to Deku being Drama Deku. I like the idea of the traitor being revealed here, the heroes got the upper hand here thanks to their traitor, let the villain traitor among the heroes have to blow their cover to recover from this, and even better if that traitor is one of the UA class. This would also help explain why the villains didn't get clued in on the plan, since presumably the students would be the last people to know about what's up. Bakugo could be a fun traitor if they want to commit to making him the Sasuke.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Bakugou already had his Sasuke moment and went "nah gently caress that".

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Shadowlyger posted:

Bakugou already had his Sasuke moment and went "nah gently caress that".

"I'M NARUTO, DAMMIT!"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

chiasaur11 posted:

"I'M NARUTO, DAMMIT!"

Can Hori retroactively add this line to that arc? Thanks in advance.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I'm still of the theory that the traitor doesn't know they are a traitor and is being influenced by All For One in some way(and also none of the other villains know there is a traitor).

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Everyone in 1-A is a traitor but is ignorant to the existence of the other traitors.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Funky Valentine posted:

Everyone in 1-A is a traitor but is ignorant to the existence of the other traitors.

Of course, all cops are traitors.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
A "my plan was to get caught all along" twist would a. Be really dumb and b. Be an incredible homage to western superhero movies.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Funky Valentine posted:

Paranoia: the Manga.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Badactura posted:

A "my plan was to get caught all along" twist would a. Be really dumb and b. Be an incredible homage to western superhero movies.

If all the villains were sent to prison and then broke out, the blame would be on the government and not heroes. Unless there's some contrived way to blame heroes for this.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

If all the villains were sent to prison and then broke out, the blame would be on the government and not heroes. Unless there's some contrived way to blame heroes for this.

"Why doesn't All Might just kill All for One?"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

"Why doesn't All Might just kill All for One?"

He tried that and he still didn't die

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yeah I mean, if I blew off the top half of someone's head with my fist I'd be pretty confident they weren't getting up.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

"I'M NARUTO, BELIEVE IT!"

Edit:V Yeah Present Mic is turbo dead.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 28, 2020

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

SKULL.GIF posted:

This could work given that Eraser is specifically not going into that room but Mic is.

Yeah I'm much more concerned about Mic than I am about Eraser. The earlier comment about the former tossing up death flags was spot on I think

Rhonne posted:

I'm still of the theory that the traitor doesn't know they are a traitor and is being influenced by All For One in some way(and also none of the other villains know there is a traitor).

I think this'd be pretty cool so now it's what I'm hoping for!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rhonne posted:

I'll amend that and actually he'll teleport to Present Mic and save him.

Also Uraraka is the traitor.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

TheKingslayer posted:

Yeah I mean, if I blew off the top half of someone's head with my fist I'd be pretty confident they weren't getting up.

I still have it in my head, i'm not sure where from, that he punched his head down into his chest cavity like some Goomba death sprite.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

He tried that and he still didn't die

TheKingslayer posted:

I was trying to make a cute reference to "Why doesn't Batman just kill the Joker?" arguments, but I probably should have been clearer. :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I was trying to make a cute reference to "Why doesn't Batman just kill the Joker?" arguments, but I probably should have been clearer. :v:
When has dying ever stuck for any comic book character, though?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

PMush Perfect posted:

When has dying ever stuck for any comic book character, though?

When somebody doesn't give a poo poo about the character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The thing that's going to be annoying is that we're probably going to be constantly switching back and forth between both places like we have, and we don't know if there's going to be more gap weeks in Weekly Jump because of COVID-19- which has gotten worse in Japan.