Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do you remember when weev tried to take credit for “making her that way”? Like he used psychic manipulation to make her irritating to the kind of losers he wanted to radicalize. It’s like dude, you guys are both borderline personality psychos. your destiny was always to publicly go insane for the amusement of an audience of freaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I really want to know where Felix's hatred for the New School comes from. He's right about it and it's students, but I'm curious about how it became a regular reference point.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really hope weevs current radio silence is his weird personal myth bottoming out into raw depression but for all I know he’s still post post posting away trying to bully his little nazi forum minions

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

did weev post on here.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

I really hope weevs current radio silence is his weird personal myth bottoming out into raw depression but for all I know he’s still post post posting away trying to bully his little nazi forum minions

Weev is hiding from more than a few lawsuits and criminal charges.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

MizPiz posted:

I really want to know where Felix's hatred for the New School comes from. He's right about it and it's students, but I'm curious about how it became a regular reference point.

I assume its from living in New York

and Adams trysts :getin:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nobody’s ever pinned an account to him but you can assume with how long he was somthingsensitives admin. Honestly though he could have just bullied his way to the top spot there because he saw it as ripe clutch of racist losers to impress.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

MizPiz posted:

As someone who did community college to public university, all of these expensive private "multidisciplinary" universities just seem like a place for the rich who destroy the poor to send their children to goof around for 4 years before they take their place in the cockpit of the soul harvester. My guess is these are the kids who aren't even serious enough to even pretend that they are working hard or creating value by the ideology they claim to follow, but will still end up doing anyway.

Kind of like when people from the Ivy League with philosophy degrees who always poo poo on STEM degree holders end up working for investment firms

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There was a period of time where he was manically trying to be every nazi forums top senior regular

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Shipon posted:

As someone who did community college to public university, all of these expensive private "multidisciplinary" universities just seem like a place for the rich who destroy the poor to send their children to goof around for 4 years before they take their place in the cockpit of the soul harvester. My guess is these are the kids who aren't even serious enough to even pretend that they are working hard or creating value by the ideology they claim to follow, but will still end up doing anyway.

Kind of like when people from the Ivy League with philosophy degrees who always poo poo on STEM degree holders end up working for investment firms

As much as I love the science of philosophy it's 90% rich kids getting a law degree started and 10% weirdos who actually want to learn it. Although ime it's usually the STEM people being weird

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

There was a period of time where he was manically trying to be every nazi forums top senior regular

i found out who he was via the twitter dude henry krinkle who worked with taryn fivek to expose dylan roofs insanity plea as a fraud. as a byproduct i discovered CIA agent molly crabapple, cos that part of twitter really dove into her weird history and showed how she was a langley asset, and waddya know there she is smoozing it up with weev, even went to his trial lmao

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

weev needs to finally go on cum town just for the twitter meltdowns it'll produce

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Percelus posted:

weev needs to finally go on cum town just for the twitter meltdowns it'll produce

:imunfunny:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Percelus posted:

he said he wouldn't because his neonazi prison buddies would murder him for being gay, thanks to the name of the show

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gh0stpinballa posted:

i found out who he was via the twitter dude henry krinkle who worked with taryn fivek to expose dylan roofs insanity plea as a fraud. as a byproduct i discovered CIA agent molly crabapple, cos that part of twitter really dove into her weird history and showed how she was a langley asset, and waddya know there she is smoozing it up with weev, even went to his trial lmao

Lots of very strange connections and coincidences with all of the occupy people

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

times are truly mad: 'Till Death Do Us Blart has posted a bonus episode

this is the show that only has one episode a year, in November

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gh0stpinballa posted:

that twitter dude was an lf superstar

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Do you remember when weev tried to take credit for “making her that way”? Like he used psychic manipulation to make her irritating to the kind of losers he wanted to radicalize. It’s like dude, you guys are both borderline personality psychos. your destiny was always to publicly go insane for the amusement of an audience of freaks.

a man so afraid of prison Nazis that he became the preeminent Nazi and ran away to Belarus because of the lack of extradition treaty and computer

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

what I'm saying is that there are few men alive as cucked as weev

a fitting and ironic fate

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i say swears online posted:

that twitter dude was an lf superstar

i hear tales of lf on here from time to time but all the threads are gone. c-spam is the replacement no? or so i am told

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

times are truly mad: 'Till Death Do Us Blart has posted a bonus episode

this is the show that only has one episode a year, in November

that podcast is so much better than it has any right to be

the 2016 episode where all the gags last year about how wacky it was Donald Trump was running for president have aged brutally, and the diametrically opposed reaction of the two freshly-reproduced McElroys to the movie

griffin taking some solace in the thought that at least he can bring a new person into the world and maybe they will help make it better than the world that produced this horrible artifact
travis explaining "my daughter currently believes the word 'movie' is synonymous with Pall Blart: Mall Cop 2"

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! has issued a correction as of 00:17 on Apr 29, 2020

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
matt's livestreaming on twitch with one of his rants and he's basically just describing evangelion without realizing it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gh0stpinballa posted:

i hear tales of lf on here from time to time but all the threads are gone. c-spam is the replacement no? or so i am told

the goldmine is still around, it has good threads but they're all from like 2008

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Victory Position posted:

what I'm saying is that there are few men alive as cucked as weev

a fitting and ironic fate

Dude he became racist because his mom adopted a black kid. He’s spiritually cucked.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dude he became racist because his mom adopted a black kid. He’s spiritually cucked.

destined to be destroyed at every turn, the entrails reading "OWNED" over and over

he really is a funny guy, one of those so-called "lolcows" of old

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Victory Position posted:

he really is a funny guy, one of those so-called "lolcows" of old

Now theres a word I havent heard in a while, fitting it applies to a relic like weev

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he said he wouldn't because his neonazi prison buddies would murder him for being gay, thanks to the name of the show

fellas is it gay to cum

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I'm really enjoying Matt's new gnostic syncretic philosophy. I've had the notion recently that capital is basically the same thing as the gnostic idea of the demiurge. A blind, malevolent idiot god that created and directs this fallen realm. An emergent phenomenon created from the collective activity and decisions of millions of people, but taking on an agency of its own that is apart from the desires of the owners of capital, and subordinating them to it its own will. But there is no "it". It's a nothing, just an outline of a thing. It isn't the numbers in the computers on Wall Street. It isn't even the collective will of the bourgeoisie. It's a metaphysical non-being brought into "being" by the market system, which nevertheless controls the world as though it were an actually existing dark god. We are all slaves to Armok, the God of Blood.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Capitalism is the waifu of the rich

No I will not explain

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

A Russian troll farm posted:

I'm really enjoying Matt's new gnostic syncretic philosophy. I've had the notion recently that capital is basically the same thing as the gnostic idea of the demiurge. A blind, malevolent idiot god that created and directs this fallen realm. An emergent phenomenon created from the collective activity and decisions of millions of people, but taking on an agency of its own that is apart from the desires of the owners of capital, and subordinating them to it its own will. But there is no "it". It's a nothing, just an outline of a thing. It isn't the numbers in the computers on Wall Street. It isn't even the collective will of the bourgeoisie. It's a metaphysical non-being brought into "being" by the market system, which nevertheless controls the world as though it were an actually existing dark god. We are all slaves to Armok, the God of Blood.

haha number go woooosh

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sounds kind of fantastical

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh good he's starting to put these on twitch now, he's live on the channel

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

A Russian troll farm posted:

quote:

The capitalist has his own views of this ultima Thule [the outermost limit], the necessary limit of the working day. As capitalist, he is only capital personified. His soul is the soul of capital. But capital has one single life impulse, the endency to create value and surplus-value, to make its constant factor, the means of production, absorb the greatest possible amount of surplus labour.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

matt is goated on the sticks rn

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Uranium posted:

matt is goated on the sticks rn

does this mean heroin

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
long ago I found a photo of a big group of people who attended Weev's trial to support him and it was just a rogue's gallery of ostensibly lefty media people. can't remember who else was in there besides Crabapple and now I can't find the photo. I feel like Justine Tunney was in there.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

T-man posted:

Capitalism is the waifu of the rich

No I will not explain

Makes sense to me, they find its simplified characterization to be more appealing than reality, and are constantly disappointed in real people for not being able to dehumanize themselves so perfectly.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

gh0stpinballa posted:

sort of. cspam is better mostly. cspam gets a lot of poo poo from other subs but imo cspam is by far the least clique-ishly of all forums and most welcoming (as long as they aren't a holy righteous scolding D&D lanyard lib) and i genuinely like almost all the posters.

LF started off as a ron paul primary containment and then devolved into unironic weird patriarchyfascist maoist third worlders like babyfinland. there was also uh, quite a bit more r- and f- word used liberally (although i don't really mind either way but it was def a much more unfriendly culture). there were some really good effort threads at the time, but i don't think effortthreads really fit cspam that much given the times we live in--although we do have a few good ones but they're more like hobbyist/history effortthreads.

for it's time it was good when the zeitgeist was MORE WARS IN MIDDLE EAST and all you had was loving Daily Show with internet mostly being jingoistic hoo-rah neoliberalism/capitalism good, south park ~independent thinker~ lolbertarians, and NPR pearl clutching libs everywhere.

but yeah there's a lf goldmine which probably has the better ones.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the early 2010s were impossibly naive compared to now so hundreds of goons went from obama libs to hardcore maoists because a brazillian teen called them gay over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

matt is actually asking suggestions on which games to stream. he wants something easy, clear, minimization of reading. people are split between katamari damacy, papers please and ff7

matt riffing on the plot of ff7 with zero prior cultural knowledge would be hilarious