Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

only 300 million to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

https://i.imgur.com/ASwUSer.mp4

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Chinatown posted:

So I work in commercial real estate. Below is what they think NEW workstations will look like. Not sure if this is an elaborate joke or what.

Someone got paid to do this.

drat if only there was a workspace paradigm with separate space for each worker, maybe with floor-to-ceiling partitions and some way to minimize exposure to passing coworkers

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Breakfast All Day posted:

starting to realize whether i die in 30 days or 30 years im going to spend the rest of my life arguing with people who are going to say "not many people even died" because of this stupid numbers fuckingsworth undercounting

it's going to be like your parents insisting we never bombed cambodia or laos, i was alive, i think I would've heard about that on the news

I'm HOPING that post the election we'll be able to look back and go "oh, a lot of people died"

Cause we're loving not gonna be able to until then.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Anyone want to make a POW-MIA flag for corona virus deaths that we can hang on every statehouse?
DOW-WFH: You are an essential worker

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://www.newsweek.com/leader-north-carolina-protests-against-stay-home-tests-positive-coronavirus-1500545 just read the url

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

hello Plague Gang
I had to take a break yesterday for my mental well being, any good news ?

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

hello Plague Gang

What's your definition of good?

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020

I believe continuing the lockdown is a mistake but this is hilarious

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

NotNut posted:

Please expand.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

this is what both me and my wife are terrified of. im HOPING one or both of us just arent asked to re-hire since the store was pretty dead before all this anyway and we can ride this out. we'll be in some poo poo once UI runs out and there are literally no jobs for folks with our qualifications

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

hello Plague Gang

number goes up!! :sun:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ammanas posted:

this is what both me and my wife are terrified of. im HOPING one or both of us just arent asked to re-hire since the store was pretty dead before all this anyway and we can ride this out. we'll be in some poo poo once UI runs out and there are literally no jobs for folks with our qualifications

sorry about your meme store but the robots are way better at it despite all your qualifications

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

NotNut posted:

Oh this is gonna be good

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020

Southpaugh posted:

Please expand.

the point of the lockdown and flattening the curve was to get the hospitals ready and we're pretty ready. maybe social distancing should continue in metropolitan areas/hotspots like NYC but in most places it's unnecessary

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
someone mentioned earlier (today I think) that pneumonia deaths not attributed to COVID-19 are way the gently caress up right now, in addition to the COVID-19 deaths

what's a good source for that kind of data? I haven't seen it posted afaik

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

NotNut posted:

the point of the lockdown and flattening the curve was to get the hospitals ready and we're pretty ready. maybe social distancing should continue in metropolitan areas/hotspots like NYC but in most places it's unnecessary

Oh poo poo I didn't know the hospitals were ready now

Well hell yeah let it ride

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

NotNut posted:

yeah we're totally loving ready for this boys open er up the hospitals are now 100% loving prepared for the ongoing pandemic because *checks notes* we figured out garbage bags can be used for PPE according to new york and only SOME of the ER docs will kill themselves

paging Madjackal get back to work this Feb 2020 regdate says you're golden now

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020

Son of Man posted:

Oh poo poo I didn't know the hospitals were ready now

Well hell yeah let it ride

:cheers:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lmao metro areas like dakota county nebraska where one out of every 30 people has coronavirus

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

yeah we're totally loving ready for this boys open er up the hospitals are now 100% loving prepared for the ongoing pandemic because *checks notes* we figured out garbage bags can be used for PPE according to new york and only SOME of the ER docs will kill themselves

we're ready because we're estimated to have enough beds and ventilators in most places for the peak

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

NotNut posted:

we're ready because we're estimated to have enough beds and ventilators in most places for the peak

"the peak" numbers include current or stricter lockdowns

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

NotNut posted:

ah yes, the lovely ventilators that save like a quarter of the people put on them

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

wait he did this poo poo before

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

ah yes, the lovely ventilators that save like a quarter of the people put on them

lol 9/10 on vents die

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Not even, isn't the death rate 88%?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

NotNut posted:

Whose estimate? And where are there enough?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I gotta say this whole thing has made me, for maybe the first time in my life, kinda proud of my shithole state, we're actually taking this thing seriously

Yes the people in the only important part of the state are dying so of course, but I'm still proud that we're taking it seriously and getting through this.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

seems like new deaths are decreasing but now we're finally OPEN FOR BUSINESS so who knows what 2 weeks from now will look like :(

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Google Butt posted:

lol 9/10 on vents die

a quarter, a dime, what's the difference all money is fake now anyways

lives may also be fake, currently testing out if those are important or not (thanks Iowa!!)

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020

FAUXTON posted:

lmao metro areas like dakota county nebraska where one out of every 30 people has coronavirus

that county is so sparse it only amounts to about 608 infected people with it total. with a hospitalization rate of about 11%, that's only 66 people. probably not gonna overwhelm a healthcare system anytime soon

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Grondoth posted:

I gotta say this whole thing has made me, for maybe the first time in my life, kinda proud of my shithole state, we're actually taking this thing seriously

Yes the people in the only important part of the state are dying so of course, but I'm still proud that we're taking it seriously and getting through this.

better chill out with all that pride, the donors will convince them to send you to slaughter soon

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mummy Xzibit posted:

the whole ventilator stats thing both in general and especially for covid is skewed as hell by the fact that old people are the vast vast majority of people who ever get hooked to one and do HORRIBLY in any and all severe illness

young ppl scared of ventilator horror stories designed to make them scared of covid shouldnt be going out and making strict advance directives that will end up with them not getting treatment that could serve a real purpose if they get hit by lightning or a bus or whatever but they should def avoid covid

sorry thats just my advance directive rant

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

We gonna need more Da Mets rain ponchos.

Love Da Mets.

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020

Zeroisanumber posted:

Whose estimate? And where are there enough?

estimates by the CDC and independent peer-reviewed virologist studies, and there are enough outside very densely populated areas

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
People reading this on a delay could probably skip a page or three. NotNut is going to reap taints for awhile.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

is there any weight to the “blood type” theory that some blood types are very resistant to Covid?

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020

you're arguing against your own point cuz if the ventilators don't work that means having enough of them is less important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
My sister, an NP at various nursing homes, just got a new shipment of ppe gowns.

Manufactured in wuhan, china. Boy oh boy fox news dad was hooting and hollerin in disgust.