Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hell yeah, Allison

Now you're gettin' it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

whats she getting? cause it's kind of looking like she's questioning the value of violence rather than her methods (which have largely been bound by the rules and methods of others).

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I too would like to know

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

whats she getting? cause it's kind of looking like she's questioning the value of violence rather than her methods (which have largely been bound by the rules and methods of others).

She's manifesting a crown as she says it and the tagline is Enlightenment, so I think we're about to see Allisson clown on some fools who wanted to restart the universal war.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Oh, she's definitely getting something and manifesting a crown, but what the gently caress is it she's getting?

I hope she's coming to the understanding that doing violence in the ways and by the rules these chumps have long been doing it is a loving waste of time. But I dunno.

But, like, the act of creation is explicitly a violent one in this setting. The act of self enlightenment and personal growth is couched in terms of violence (and also heavily implied to be an eternal struggle with no end point).

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

She's going to invent a different form a violence that's orthogonal to existing violence.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

pseudorandom name posted:

She's going to invent a different form a violence that's orthogonal to existing violence.
Invent a celestial brown note to angels and key wielders alike?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Yes, the act of creation is a violent act, but remember that humanity was created by Aesma who did things that explicitly defied the laws of existence because she didn't know any better and YIS-UN themselves is a liar. Anything is possible if you try. You may reach heaven through violence but true royalty is defying the rules because you can.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
The perfect use for covid money is subscribing to patreons, so I just did that for KSBD, and holy poo poo there is a lot of content that I didn't know about in here.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Maybe she'll make white chain a new shell.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Maybe she'll throw a 420 cubit spear through WCs chest hole and pierce Big Dave

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

One of the biggest flaws of the demiurges is that they destroy without any mind to what that will create and create without any understanding of what that destroys. That and they stopped cutting.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

Oh, she's definitely getting something and manifesting a crown, but what the gently caress is it she's getting?

I hope she's coming to the understanding that doing violence in the ways and by the rules these chumps have long been doing it is a loving waste of time. But I dunno.
That seems right on the money. She's getting that she doesn't have to play the demiurge's game to get ahead and this is possibly her first real step towards true royalty. Finally looking to find her own path instead of being goaded along the rails people like Solomon or Incubus laid out.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
She has realized the secret to winning without fighting.

Fighting Solly D is suicide, so she has to clown him some other way without letting him fight back.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

IMJack posted:

Fighting Solly D is suicide, so she has to clown him some other way without letting him fight back.

he's already a big loving clown.

lmao when he realizes he lost his kingdom to everyones friend Gogagog ages ago

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I will make a prediction:

Allison will end the fight by holding both combatants apart without hurting either of them. This will break the illusion of Solomon’s perfection without sinking to his level and also probably make him so mad he weeps blood.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

IMJack posted:

OK yeah that makes sense.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Tulip posted:

???

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIRT6xRQkf8

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

King Of Dragon Pass is the greatest game, that's the moment where you can learn to Win Without Making The Other Person Lose.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Tulip posted:

alternatively:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

eke out posted:

alternatively:

This is the moment where you learn not to take your eyes off that shifty moon goddess.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Tulip posted:

King Of Dragon Pass is the greatest game, that's the moment where you can learn to Win Without Making The Other Person Lose.

yeah but then you roleplay a cow that gets devoured by wolves

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

paranoid randroid posted:

yeah but then you roleplay a cow that gets devoured by wolves

don't kinkshame

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tulip posted:

Also, apropos of nothing, I don't care how silly they look, don't gently caress with the ducks.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Phy posted:

Also, apropos of nothing, I don't care how silly they look, don't gently caress with the ducks.

I played that game for 16 straight hours on the flight to Ukraine, and then dreamt about it during a very weird, jet-lagged week.

It was fantastic.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

very weird, jet-lagged week.
Isn't that what Halcion's for?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Man I almost forgot how much I love Incubus's design. It's so douchey it comes across as almost transcendant. :allears:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
This thread is great

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Very high chance that Solomon will punch Allison and his hand will just explode because she isn't even thinking about him

Also:

eke out posted:

alternatively:

What's the image from?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

She's gonna win with noodles.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

She's going to win by not fighting, by just standing there and letting Solomon David make a fool of himself. Think about it, why did SolDave only annihilate the fighters advancing towards him? He's one of the 7 kings of creation. King in Latin is rex. SolDave is a tyrant.

He's a secret tyrannosaurus rex that can only see things if they're moving.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hang on, where did Cio go. She was with Cio last comic.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MikeJF posted:

Hang on, where did Cio go. She was with Cio last comic.

She's presumably chatting with Incubus in a dream.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also from the tumblr, 2016

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

nimby posted:

She's going to win by not fighting, by just standing there and letting Solomon David make a fool of himself. Think about it, why did SolDave only annihilate the fighters advancing towards him? He's one of the 7 kings of creation. King in Latin is rex. SolDave is a tyrant.

He's a secret tyrannosaurus rex that can only see things if they're moving.

pretty sure you just busted this thing wide open

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Neddy Seagoon posted:

She's presumably chatting with Incubus in a dream.

It's pretty simple, if Incubus isn't covered in scars, it's a dream.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

MikeJF posted:

Also from the tumblr, 2016

That’s a good arc plan but also shows some naive ignorance of how long it takes to draw bannisters.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

JustaDamnFool posted:

What's the image from?

it's like, the now-defunct but official webcomic about glorantha

i don't understand all of it but there's a ton of cool poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I played that game for 16 straight hours on the flight to Ukraine, and then dreamt about it during a very weird, jet-lagged week.

It was fantastic.

Glorantha in general has a lot of the same appeals as K6BD, notably: an extremely high level of fantasy with complex motivations and insane magic.

Baroshi fights The Chaos Maggot. Baroshi is the small (4'10" warrior on the left). As an incarnation of spring and life, Baroshi's head is a grain of barley.

The Capstan of Curustus. In the foreground is a meeting of several dwarfs, in the background the Capstan is visible, being turned by dinosaurs and extending hundreds of feet into the air. The Capstan is a massive magical/engineering project whose goal is to pull an entire continent up from the sea floor. Doing so will kill hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of non-dwarfs, which is a feature not a bug. Just dwarfs being dwarfs.

e: Both images from the Guide to Glorantha.