Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

well why not posted:

topic change away from cracky chat, can someone talk about gardening or home cooking?

How about : anyone here know any music shops in Sydney or online that carry second hand stuff? I want to get a new steel string and can’t help think second hand might be the go when 🌽teen is over

I have a solid sour dour starter and recipe now
Happy to share if you want

And I'm thinking about digging up my garden and bulk planting kangkong

Two buckets worth gets me about a meal a week

Also blowchat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Zazi posted:

I work for State Gov btw and we were reaaaally reticent to even move to the partial WFH arrangements we have now.

It seemed to vary by department here. Some departments stopped face to face contact with clients and that changed the workload. My daughter's office has just increased the number of days per week the admin staff are working from home. No-one is sure what's happening after May, though.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I obliterated my piles of dirt and gravel reinforcing the big rock wall thats gone to poo poo and turning it into a garden/walkway down to the shipping container full of car and mower parts so I feel good about myself and now I'm drinking gin that comes in a 1.5 litre bottle with some ginger beer and playing command and conquer

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I'm harvesting a sweet potato patch on Friday and very excited about that

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Jestery posted:

I'm harvesting a sweet potato patch on Friday and very excited about that

I'm waiting for my pumpkins to finish ripening so I can pick them.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

I finally got part of our garden bed under control, heaps of organic matter and worms, ready for planting. Got some mulch from Aldi today too. Just in time for the coldest May since the 60s lol loving great.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

I lay on the couch with a tummy ache after eating pizza and drinking beer

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Isaac posted:

I still listen to JJJ, repeating “oh shut the gently caress up” to my radio every 2 minutes

I switched to JJ, music is better and the some of the old JJJ presenters are still on it.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Im happy for your creature comforts Isaac. Do you have an ensuite?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

tardwrangler posted:

Im happy for your creature comforts Isaac. Do you have an ensuite?

I didnt get the ensuite room but I think my rooms better. Got enough room for my office and a seperate deck to smoke on

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Isaac posted:

I didnt get the ensuite room but I think my rooms better. Got enough room for my office and a seperate deck to smoke on

Your life has changed so dramatically. I'm happy for you.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:frogsiren: my switch arrived last night :frogsiren:

It owns bones. Glad I got it. Loving playing Diablo 3 again and smash bros is fun too.

Going to be teaching my 60+ parents how to play this afternoon. That will be interesting.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Switch smash owns,I made my Mrs get it when she got a switch

She's become addicted to fortnight though so I don't know if I should tell her it's for babbys

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

The virgin Burt and the Chad NVJ

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Nonviolent J is receiving jobkeeper benefits for 9 different jobs.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
nvj sells the family jewels

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mix-Lot-Of-Blocky-Stuff-Deceased-Estates/324145966204?hash=item4b789aec7c:g:mP4AAOSwWBNeW0Sy

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lol my 58 year old mum is playing a crusader in Diablo 3. Hopefully she'll work out how to use more than the A attack soon. :haw:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Tired: Working on the bed
Wired: Working on the toilet

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Lolie posted:

I'm waiting for my pumpkins to finish ripening so I can pick them.

I got gifted a large homegrown pumpkin yesterday. Cut it up. Roasted it with Hemp Seed Oil. Made soup.

It has multiple layers of flavour complexity.

Really loving good.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Outrail posted:

I switched to JJ, music is better and the some of the old JJJ presenters are still on it.

^^^

Quoted for loving truth.

Maybe we are getting old?

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Carth Dookie posted:

:frogsiren: my switch arrived last night :frogsiren:

It owns bones. Glad I got it. Loving playing Diablo 3 again and smash bros is fun too.

Going to be teaching my 60+ parents how to play this afternoon. That will be interesting.

Heck yes D3 is so much fun on switch. I played alot of Mario Tennis and Mario Kart with mama last year and she kicked my rear end in both, lots of fun definitely recommend. Also tennis has a motion control mode thang where you swing the remotes and it's an absolute blast.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Blow posted:

^^^

Quoted for loving truth.

Maybe we are getting old?

You're only old when technical adults start looking way too young to fit the definition. So maybe yes.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

wish i'd bought an electronic vape sooner

:350:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Brand? I've been looking at the pax3, but I don't want to spend the money.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Isaac posted:

I didn't get the en-suite room, but I think my room's better. Got enough room for my office and a seperate dick to smoke on!

Fixed.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

naeka posted:

Heck yes D3 is so much fun on switch. I played alot of Mario Tennis and Mario Kart with mama last year and she kicked my rear end in both, lots of fun definitely recommend. Also tennis has a motion control mode thang where you swing the remotes and it's an absolute blast.

my mum has flatly refused to play mariokart or tennis. She's up for smash bros though and a D3 co op campaign. :3:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

i'm in my early 30s and still like JJJ but i'm one of those special weirdos who actually likes "diverse" types of music that doesn't include TOOL and A Perfect Circle.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Tired: Working on the bed
Wired: Working on the toilet

broke: working from home
woke: moving into the office while it's abandoned
bespoke: moving into the office and running a second business from the premises selling "new" tyres

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

I just subscribe to the Triple J new music playlist on Spotify and go through it every now and then in case there's some good new music I missed. Means I don't have to listen to some of the insufferable presenters.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Fists Up posted:

I just subscribe to the Triple J new music playlist on Spotify and go through it every now and then in case there's some good new music I missed. Means I don't have to listen to some of the insufferable presenters.

Yeah that's the way to do it I reckon.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Community radio is where it's at. PBS in Melbs is amazing, so much weird poo poo and stoned presenters playing random records from their collections.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

There's a channel in Sydney like that, FBI radio. The first time I listened to it was with the Mrs in her car and guillotine by death grips was on so I was sold

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

New Web Casting Spider pic.

This is the loving definition of patience.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Blow posted:

New Web Casting Spider pic.

This is the loving definition of patience.

:2bong:

*Coughs*

Yeh man

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Jestery posted:

:2bong:

*Coughs*

Yeh man

Umm dude. I took like 12 photos.

This one is pretty loving good.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

On the topic of bugs we have a boarder in the coleas.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Megabound posted:

Wednesday my dudes...

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Megabound posted:

On the topic of bugs we have a boarder in the coleas.

Is that a Locust?

Dude.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

It's a Mantis, maybe a nymph. I don't know enough about mantids to say for sure.

They're also on the 2nd floor on a balcony near no other plants, so I suspect we'll get to watch them grow, which I'm super excited about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Outrail posted:

Brand? I've been looking at the pax3, but I don't want to spend the money.

arizer solo 2, but it's not really much cheaper than the pax. it seems much easier to clean than the pax. It's also little bigger/chunkier than other portable models, which gets you a bigger battery and stronger heating element.