Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Farm Frenzy posted:

its kinda the nick land nightmare marxism thing except you dont have to convince yourself that the bourgeoisie are gonna become posthuman AI geniuses

CestMoi posted:

this is basically just Nick Land's accelerationism, except he destroyed his brain with amphetamines so thinks all this stuff is Good
https://twitter.com/RhizzoneDotTxt/status/591084615890116608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

dead gay comedy forums posted:

attributing mystic properties to capital while not adhering to messianic revolutionary beliefs is low-tier reactionary error

if you are getting at that point, go all the loving way into communard mysticism

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

lol

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

:pusheen:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

congrats to matt bruenig for costing ben domino and his vampire backers a bunch of money in legal fees
https://twitter.com/kelseybolar/status/1255306696987226112?s=20
https://twitter.com/kelseybolar/status/1255309766802452480?s=20
https://twitter.com/kelseybolar/status/1255314177964507137?s=20

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
maybe you should just use the name if you’re going to typo the lovely no-vowels one

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Worshiping Maloch is easy these days as you just use capitalism as tribute and you feed a horde of infinite grief for a spot in an eternal army in the great abyss. See YOU on the other side *wink*.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Siljmonster posted:

he needs to play Morrowind

matt ranting about morrowind politics would loving rule

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

ive just realised that weirdly i worked my way backwards. so i started on twitter, got an invite for rhizzone, and found somethingawful/c-spam from there. yet its only tonight i actually read some LF posts lol. maybe next week i will discover MSN messenger.

the rhizzone is good btw, i don't post on there as much but it has some great threads.

twitter->anywhere is actually forward, anything is better than that trash so it makes sense

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol owned

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Crankit posted:

I thought you came here from drowned in sound?

i lurked here for a while but decided to join cos the guys who visited drownedinsound turned out to be super cool

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

lol norwegians are intensely christian - less so these days, but norwegian christianity is influential and hard-core enough that it produced the entire scandinavian black metal scene as backlash

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

what happens the next time a rich white man breaks the law :'(

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

V. Illych L. posted:

lol norwegians are intensely christian - less so these days, but norwegian christianity is influential and hard-core enough that it produced the entire scandinavian black metal scene as backlash

Also pretty sure my great great grandfathers didn't believe in Odin.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Really wish we could get back to ye olde days of Yor and Oduinn, like in the Marvel movies.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

i say swears online posted:

matt is actually asking suggestions on which games to stream. he wants something easy, clear, minimization of reading. people are split between katamari damacy, papers please and ff7

matt riffing on the plot of ff7 with zero prior cultural knowledge would be hilarious

Where do I send my suggestions?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

Where do I send my suggestions?

to eight hours ago

if you see him live spam him with it and ruin chat I guess

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Grevling posted:

don't get me wrong, død over kvitekrist etc, but come the hell on

i've caught up to trueanon's posts about the democratic primaries and my god it's so refreshing to hear someone eloquent and funny explaining this basic stuff, their warren episode is an A+ introduction to marxist political theory

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Grevling posted:

Heathens.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

this is sus missed for me this ep, idk if it's maybe cos the show in question is quite old now. they ended up talking abt justified for the last half cos there just wasn't much to the slap to riff with.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

dead gay comedy forums posted:

attributing mystic properties to capital while not adhering to messianic revolutionary beliefs is low-tier reactionary error

if you are getting at that point, go all the loving way into communard mysticism

Well of course. If capital is the demiurge, and the capitalists the high priests and servants of Moloch, that implies there must be an opposite. As Moloch was created from the sum of the will of the bourgeoisie, a blind drive towards accumulation at all costs, perhaps God is the collective manifestation of mankind's better nature. Where Moloch is the will to dominate, to treat other people as tools to be used, then God is our drive to cooperate, the hatred of injustice, the will to liberate ourselves and our fellow humans.

Thus, the class struggle is not just physical, but spiritual. A holy crusade, and we communists are the faithful. Thus, Karl Marx was God's prophet, sent to light the way to liberation and to the fulfillment of mankind's promise.

But even if we are to fail, and the dialectic is broken once and for all, we can say at least that while our bodies were slaves to capital, our minds and souls remain free and we remain faithful to the true God, the god of love and fairness, of cooperation and justice, while the minds and souls of the capitalists are in the thrall of Moloch. I think you could call that a kind of spiritual salvation.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Matt should obviously play Alpha Centauri. What is this Elder Scrolls poo poo, what is the matter with you people

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Atrocious Joe posted:

congrats to matt bruenig for costing ben domino and his vampire backers a bunch of money in legal fees
https://twitter.com/kelseybolar/status/1255306696987226112?s=20
lol
https://twitter.com/DavidBahnsen/status/1255331169895358465
'everything that mildly inconveniences the forces of capital is terrorism'

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

holy poo poo these couple of trueanon eps are solid gold and everyone on the american left should listen to trueanon ep 37 and 38

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
have the chapos streamed disco Elysium yet like they said they would

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

it gets funnier

https://twitter.com/craigcalcaterra/status/1255453029693825030?s=21

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
mr hamburger, esquire

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Small business owners don't deserve free speech imo

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

A Russian troll farm posted:

Well of course. If capital is the demiurge, and the capitalists the high priests and servants of Moloch, that implies there must be an opposite. As Moloch was created from the sum of the will of the bourgeoisie, a blind drive towards accumulation at all costs, perhaps God is the collective manifestation of mankind's better nature. Where Moloch is the will to dominate, to treat other people as tools to be used, then God is our drive to cooperate, the hatred of injustice, the will to liberate ourselves and our fellow humans.

Thus, the class struggle is not just physical, but spiritual. A holy crusade, and we communists are the faithful. Thus, Karl Marx was God's prophet, sent to light the way to liberation and to the fulfillment of mankind's promise.

But even if we are to fail, and the dialectic is broken once and for all, we can say at least that while our bodies were slaves to capital, our minds and souls remain free and we remain faithful to the true God, the god of love and fairness, of cooperation and justice, while the minds and souls of the capitalists are in the thrall of Moloch. I think you could call that a kind of spiritual salvation.

if you just gnostic'ed the hegelian master/slave principle, bravo

send to Matt to relieve his burdened spirit

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

mr hamburger, esquire

I know people with this last name :ohdear:

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Speaking of Matty B Stats, he unveiled a new troll argument on his own podcast this week, anyone remember what it was?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

I know people with this last name :ohdear:

my fav hamburger is neil

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

where is mr christman streaming these games? on instagram?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i have only ever seen him play pinball and was forced to assume that is all he plays

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

:sickos:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Xeni update: she was preyed upon by Lemmy and GWAR as a child, but still thinks they wanted to hang out because she was a cool 14 year old.
https://twitter.com/goodatsexguy/status/1254517440844754944?s=20

if true, this has gone from funny to sad

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

matthew twitchman

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Atrocious Joe posted:

Xeni update: she was preyed upon by Lemmy and GWAR as a child, but still thinks they wanted to hang out because she was a cool 14 year old.

if true, this has gone from funny to sad
Edit: GWAR was still being formed when she was 13 and Brockie was living in a dairy factory at the time, so I guess it's possible.

Halloween Jack has issued a correction as of 17:49 on Apr 29, 2020

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

In honor of profoundly owning the libs, I submit that matt breunig should hereby be the default matt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

i have only ever seen him play pinball and was forced to assume that is all he plays

I can only see Matt playing old rear end Gottliebs from the 60s and complaining about the cacophony and din of solid state tables

(the hell was he playing, anyway?)