Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

droll posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with these people

Low-info voters and businesspeople (not mutually exclusive). I once overhead a product manager talk to another about how "awesome" Bloomberg's social media campaign was

E: also when canvassing I saw a few people that told us they were voting for him because they saw his ads and that was all they knew about him, again low-info

America Inc. fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

CPColin posted:

IN THE HEARTLAAAAAND

For those of you who don't get this reference, here's Stater Bros old tv and radio ad that they ran constantly in the late 80s and early 90s. Give it a listen (they cut it down to the "in the heartland" part for the radio).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUyPULZXOec

My friend works for Stater Bros and if you call their corp office they still play this poo poo on a loop.

BTW even when Stater Bros ran this poo poo, there wasn't a lot of rural in the IE. It's complete cornpone garbage.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

whenever this poo poo opens back up again come on down to avila's and party things down with me

from a safe 10 foot distance, course

Hell yeah, I'm down. Can't wait to scarf down some tacos & beers.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Zuul the Cat posted:

Hell yeah, I'm down. Can't wait to scarf down some tacos & beers.

We'll have pizza, and margarita shooters!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

We'll have pizza, and margarita shooters!

nobody

has margaritas with pizza

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Rah! posted:

nobody

has margaritas with pizza

lol my family does all the time when we're together, my dad makes both fantastic margaritas and fantastic from scratch pizza, it is a good combo.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Another "margaritas and pizza" family chiming in.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Another weirdo family checking in

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

......I've had margaritas with everything.

You could even have a margarita and a margherita, why would you give up that chance.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, what am I going to do, say no to a Margarita?

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
A good west coast IPA tends to go best with pizza imo because I like strong flavors on my pizza, but I would certainly gently caress with a nice salty margarita and a thin crust pizza on a hot afternoon.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
Counterpoint: IPAs are bitter and gross.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

droll posted:

Yeah, it's insane how dominant they are on the beer scene. I am not a fan of them either and they are EVERYWHERE.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

WOWEE ZOWEE posted:

Low-info voters and businesspeople (not mutually exclusive). I once overhead a product manager talk to another about how "awesome" Bloomberg's social media campaign was

E: also when canvassing I saw a few people that told us they were voting for him because they saw his ads and that was all they knew about him, again low-info

This. I saw ~5-6 Bloomberg ads per day every day while on the internet. It was hilarious, and a waste of money in many ways, but I can see where it would affect people who didn't pay a lot of attention.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

Dirk the Average posted:

This. I saw ~5-6 Bloomberg ads per day every day while on the internet. It was hilarious, and a waste of money in many ways, but I can see where it would affect people who didn't pay a lot of attention.

It did answer the question "Can you win the nomination riding solely on people who aren't paying attention?"

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yeah, it's insane how dominant they are on the beer scene. I am not a fan of them either and they are EVERYWHERE.

Trust me when I say worse than not liking IPA's at all is specifically not liking Hazy IPA's. Every fuckin' IPA on the planet now is hazy to the point that half of the loving breweries don't even bother label them as hazy, so unless I'm grabbing something I know is more crisp it's a loving coin flip if I'm going to end up pouring murky, muddled garbage "beer" or something actually refreshing.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOq0T980x8E

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
#opencalifornianow is currently trending on Twitter, I prepared myself for the worst but after scrolling through a couple pages I only actually saw two tweets that were pro re-opening. The rest was a deluge of people saying re-opening now would be loving stupid. :unsmith:

Good to see the idiots are well in the minority for the time being even if the media is seemingly doing everything it can to signal boost them.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

There is going to be another rally in Huntington Beach on Friday. I know that some of the parking garages are closing and disallowing access during that time

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Yet another reason to be glad you're living in California and not some other state:

https://twitter.com/ScottImmordino/status/1255231572233551872

There it is. Go back to work or lose your unemployment. Mitch McConnell is pushing for immunity from liability for employers whose employees get Corona on the job, that's his untouchable "red line" for signing off on the next Corona relief bill.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1255256656079982600

I am so, so, so glad I live in a big blue state.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Come out to the East Coast, where there's plenty of boring sweet beers available.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

droll posted:

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

FMguru posted:

Yet another reason to be glad you're living in California and not some other state:

There it is. Go back to work or lose your unemployment. Mitch McConnell is pushing for immunity from liability for employers whose employees get Corona on the job, that's his untouchable "red line" for signing off on the next Corona relief bill.

Now we just have the problem of the people in those states fleeing here as plague-ridden refugees. I hope President-Governor Newsom has a plan for that inevitability.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

FMguru posted:

They're sacrificing millions of workers on the alter of capitalism during a plague because...

Meanwhile the Sanny Franny authorities have extended Shelter-in-Place through May.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

droll posted:

They're sacrificing millions of workers on the alter of capitalism during a plague because...
Because Number Must Go UP!

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

droll posted:

Meanwhile the Sanny Franny authorities have extended Shelter-in-Place through May.

They know the value of a human life, and it is more cost effective to open things back up.

I believe it was around $10m give or take.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

e.pilot posted:

They know the value of a human life, and it is more cost effective to open things back up.

I believe it was around $10m give or take.

It's $7.50/hr, plus payroll taxes to rent a human life.

When one breaks, rent a new one.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

jetz0r posted:

Ah yes, the Amazon model.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

jetz0r posted:

The sims2k crazyman that made the PERFECT ENGINEERED LAYOUT (Magnasanta) commented that his dystopia had a perfectly balanced amount of death-due-to-industry-pollution and birth and this is hitting pretty close, tbh.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

FMguru posted:

Holy poo poo, they want people to die. They want people to die to sacrifice on their bloody altar to Mammon. These people are depraved. :gonk: Sick!

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
That underlies a more basic point that we should just have UBI instead of the stupid UBI with strings attached we have with unemployment. Being unemployed for any reason should not be a death sentence.

And also these Republicans are evil as hell. Seriously, it's hard to get a new job already and then they decide to screw workers to the maximum degree with this poo poo.

America Inc. fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Apr 29, 2020

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

quote:

McConnell made case to his colleagues today about including in any package provisions to shield businesses from lawsuits, saying that liability reform is "the thing that relates the most to regular people,” per sources on call. Later on Fox, he reiterated that as his “redline”

Like, why even lie about that? It's so ridiculous. We all know why you're doing it. Even the most gullible "regular person" would just be confused. What's the point? Just say you refuse to pass anything that doesn't excuse businesses from liability and let the unsaid "because gently caress them kids" linger in the air.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

droll posted:

FMguru posted:

Because Number Must Go UP!

You should look up McConnells wife. And her father. And her sister. And McConnells campaign funding.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Still Dismal posted:

I approve of this because it's about drat time the rest of the country started defining themselves in relation to us, as is right and proper.

Tallahasse, the Riverside of the southeast.

Camden, the Fresno of the East Coast.

Camden (74,000 pop) is more like the Delano (53,000 pop) of the East Coast.

Boston is the Fresno of the East Coast.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
The counties that more or less form the racist north breakaway state want to get out of lockdown apparently as they don't have "too many cases" (they don't test anyone).
The majority of the economy there being agriculture( the rich farm owners would like to go back to the restaurant please, drag the service workers back to work forcebly).

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Kenning posted:

Is there Massachusetts thread? I'd like to see reactions :allears:

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Kenning posted:

Camden (74,000 pop) is more like the Delano (53,000 pop) of the East Coast.

I'm not sure if there really is a California equivalent to Camden, NJ. Camden has incredible poverty and is incredibly run down and depressed.

Calling Camden the 'Fresno of the East Coast' is almost as Californian as that one time in this thread where one guy said that Fremont experienced the horrors of 'white flight' when the white factory workers left Fremont to the Indian and Chinese tech workers.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

silence_kit posted:

I'm not sure if there really is a California equivalent to Camden, NJ. Camden has incredible poverty and is incredibly run down and depressed.

Calling Camden the 'Fresno of the East Coast' is almost as Californian as that one time in this thread where one guy said that Fremont experienced the horrors of 'white flight' when the white factory workers left Fremont to the Indian and Chinese tech workers.

Well there's Richmond in the Bay Area, but Richmond is still in no way nearly as economically depressed.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Well there's Richmond in the Bay Area, but Richmond is still in no way nearly as economically depressed.

Lake County? Too small?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

HelloSailorSign posted:

Lake County? Too small?

Too rural and ravaged by wildfires, not a fair comparison. Not that the Lake County residents are truly and properly hosed.