Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

im sure this child will grow up not hating the government in an extreme way at all

what a hosed up society we live in. no wonder aliens have stayed hands off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Philthy posted:

No one is going to go near movie theaters for the next two years anyways.

Open a drive in. Problem solved.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Charlz Guybon posted:

Open a drive in. Problem solved.

drive in movies will come back from the death

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Elon replying seriously to a right wing grifter is very 2020

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

LionArcher posted:

so will we ever get another check after the $1200? I mean come on we need at least another $2,000 a month for the summer

They're talking about a stimulus in the form of a payroll tax cut, so it wouldn't apply to the unemployed not on a payroll, would be minimal for the average worker and would starve existing social programs like social security and medicare.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
With all the people applying for snap I wonder if it will run out of money, but probably not as it is more or less a subsidy for farmers

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

The_Franz posted:

They're talking about a stimulus in the form of a payroll tax cut, so it wouldn't apply to the unemployed not on a payroll, would be minimal for the average worker and would starve existing social programs like social security and medicare.

That’s quite a list of upsides, from a republican perspective.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

imagine looking at elon musk and the things he has said and done and still thinking "this man is great; this man is my idol"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

BattleMaster posted:

imagine looking at elon musk and the things he has said and done and still thinking "this man is great; this man is my idol"

americans are trained from birth to revere the wealthy as living gods

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Celexi posted:

drive in movies will come back from the death

I just read about a drive-in cinema in Vienna, Austria that's been closed for decades and is planning on reopening soon.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

South Africans; noted proponents of freedom and civil liberties.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

Where's that comic where a guy who's great at one thing is revealed to be a moron at others.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Charlz Guybon posted:

Where's that comic where a guy who's great at one thing is revealed to be a moron at others.

what is elon musk great at aside from inheriting a blood emerald fortune and using it to buy existing businesses and paying for puff pieces that say "elon musk is actually iron man and singlehandedly did everything those businesses he bought did even before he bought them"

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Charlz Guybon posted:

There is absolutely nothing than Elon is or ever was great at

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Huffing rear end

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
my wife got a text from her manager asking what her availability is for may and if she has any requested time off during the month

Indiana is set to reopen in a few days so she's almost certainly gonna have to go back to work and be exposed to idiots who just HAVE to yell at retail workers to feel something

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
according to worldometers russia has now more active covid cases than spain

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Dumb Lowtax posted:

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Just found out doggos have the equivalent of red-green colorblindness.

The_Franz posted:

A payroll tax cut would do gently caress all for anyone needing supplemental income right now and benefit companies looking for yet another way to shave off their tax obligations, right?

90s Solo Cup has issued a correction as of 11:10 on Apr 29, 2020

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

he didn't do anything other than spit out a half-baked idea that a team of actually competent actual engineers had to figure out how to implement

it's a dumb idea but they have to appease him so he doesn't screw up the stuff the business is actually good at

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

what if anything did elon musk personally have to do with that

what skills or talents did he employ to make that happen

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

BattleMaster posted:

he didn't do anything other than spit out a half-baked idea that a team of actually competent actual engineers had to figure out how to implement

it's a dumb idea but they have to appease him so he doesn't screw up the stuff the business is actually good at

The real key to any company's success is making sure the boss doesn't screw it up to where it no longer makes money.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Ah yeah, I think remember you from the TSLA thread now. How obnoxious

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

a helpful bear posted:

Elon replying seriously to a right wing grifter is very 2020

he understands buying things with blood better than most americans

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

is the elon thread locked?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

90s Solo Cup posted:

A payroll tax cut would do gently caress all for anyone needing supplemental income right now and benefit companies looking for yet another way to shave off their tax obligations, right?

Yep pretty much. Payroll tax cuts don't mean anything for the 20% of Americans who don't have a job.

:chaostrump:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

hey now elon musk successfully won that defamation case against the guy who rescued those thai kids trapped in a cave, who he called a pedo guy because he laughed at musk's dumbass plan to build a child-murdering submersible

if you were drunk enough that could plausibly be considered a skill

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Eh, just highlights what a bad concept jury trials are.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

It's a genius idea that has cut the cost of rocket launches by 75-80%

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Impkins Patootie posted:

is the elon thread locked?

no? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862673

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

COVID has unsurprisingly come to the Danish refugee concentration camps and the authorities' response was to put a sign on the door to rooms with suspected infections (they can't get tested) urging others to stay away from them. They share bathrooms and are forced to eat together.

Just a total disregard for their lives, not sure what else I expected.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Charlz Guybon posted:

It's a genius idea that has cut the cost of rocket launches by 75-80%

Reusable rockets aren't his idea and were already being worked on with public funds.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
here's a picture of Elon launching a golden calf into low earth orbit while naming its balls mammon

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1255452535722254343

https://youtu.be/5ccp-lEmoAE?t=49

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

That's a lot of bad numbers. Should open up

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/InquirerBiz/status/1255408164968771590

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/costareports/status/1255343826308382720

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

this is probably a good time to repeat this fun fact: the lead authors of that stanford antibody study and the USC one had BOTH written op-eds for the WSJ in early march decrying any potential lockdowns as unnecessary days before that NBA player tested positive and everything blew up