Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea but Trump is just at war with himself and the media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Some children apparently suffer from an hypothetical kiddie covid which shares symptoms with a thing called Kawasaki (?) disease.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm a wartime poster

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Trump's a wartime poser

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

r u ready to WALK posted:

A few million deaths will have been worth it if it finally means the end of all these loving open seating landscape office layouts

Yeah, I for one won't get excited about going back to the office until I get my own 200sf office, a couch for napping, unrestricted internet access, access to tinker on my bicycles and motorcycles whenever I need a little downtime, a mame arcade and my dog hanging out under my desk. WFH for life!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Withnail posted:

Yeah, I for one won't get excited about going back to the office until I get my own 200sf office, a couch for napping, unrestricted internet access, access to tinker on my bicycles and motorcycles whenever I need a little downtime, a mame arcade and my dog hanging out under my desk. WFH for life!

...or a typical software startup.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Withnail posted:

i recommend going into advertising & marketing, the one i know has all that plus has a skate half pipe out in the back

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Rad-daddio posted:

...or a typical software startup.

Yeah, well I work for an aerospace/defense contractor. Hail Satan. No dogs allowed.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

OMFG FURRY posted:

people who have wealth don't look at hard labor/blue collar jobs and ask how hard can it be, they know how hard it can be, thats why they don't want to do it. they ask 'whats the lowest amount i can pay someone to do this work for the most gain'. thats capitalism 101

This is why 65% of new businesses fail. They don't get consulting on this level. You should charge for this stuff.

I'd have gone out there and thought "Just pay whomever whatever the gently caress to do anything", but you're saying I shouldn't. This is news, BIG news.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Hopper posted:

And who exactly would step up to say " this may be a pandemic and state of emergency, but mr. Trump you can't just declare yourself president like that"?

The Governors of New York, California, Washington, and Oregon, for starters.

But hey, enjoy your paranoid delusions.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I really hope my wife doesn't get to work from home forever eventually when this is over. I love her obviously, but as a shift worker getting a weekday free to myself to hang around and chill in my underwear all day is literally the only benefit to shift/night work.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i loving hate that motherfucking piece of poo poo

e: not your wife

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Mozi posted:

Lmao

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
lol at the meat packing plants saying they can't open because all their employees are too sick to work

they literally have no one to run the plants

president is dumb enough to think beep boop executive order fix everything

beep boop wrong again dumbo

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Wifi Toilet posted:

I’m sure meat plant workers are specialized enough that the government won’t break their union and replace them with untrained scabs. They’re certainly more important than say, air traffic controllers.

A large amount of any given plants workforce is unskilled too-expensive-to-replace-with-robots labor or worthless managers that shouldn't exist. When you get down to the USDA/FDA certified inspectors that take temperatures/weights or the people directly running/maintaining the machinery that are taught over years how to handle ancient esoteric machines the company refuses to replace then you can't really just throw someone in there.

So I have a feeling the National Guard will be sent in or something and you'll have idiots plowing out raw/undercooked/unfrozen meat full of metal shavings because the one worker that knew the metal detector doesn't properly reject at line speeds above 200 patties per minute or something.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Mozi posted:

Ahaha

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Philthy posted:

lol at the meat packing plants saying they can't open because all their employees are too sick to work

In the dicksucking factory of my day, coughing and gagging were encouraged

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

If you’re WFH and have some free time, go read The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the meat must flow

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

unpacked robinhood posted:

Some children apparently suffer from an hypothetical kiddie covid which shares symptoms with a thing called Kawasaki (?) disease.

Yeah that's correct.

E: Withdrawing my lovely joke about keyboard demo settings.

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Apr 29, 2020

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Disco Pope posted:

Yeah turns them into boat engines and keyboards. My son is stuck in Samba mode and we dont know when it will end.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Rectal Death Adept posted:

A large amount of any given plants workforce is unskilled too-expensive-to-replace-with-robots labor or worthless managers that shouldn't exist. When you get down to the USDA/FDA certified inspectors that take temperatures/weights or the people directly running/maintaining the machinery that are taught over years how to handle ancient esoteric machines the company refuses to replace then you can't really just throw someone in there.

So I have a feeling the National Guard will be sent in or something and you'll have idiots plowing out raw/undercooked/unfrozen meat full of metal shavings because the one worker that knew the metal detector doesn't properly reject at line speeds above 200 patties per minute or something.

I don’t think Trump or many people in general can conceive of a problem that can’t be Superstar Captain-of-Industry Capitalismed away

Machines are off? TURN THEM ON!

They don’t see the people’s problems because they have always seen people as the problem

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

It's funny that the earth is healing because humans are getting hosed. Now we can't even slaughter as many animals either. If I was a religious man, I'd say this was divine providence, an act of a higher power to subdue humanity and show us the error of our ways

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

loving lmao

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I Unironically hope every last meat processing and meat producing farm goes bankrupt and meat is unavailable for a long time.

It's the number one thing killing this planet, it's bad, Jim.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Disco Pope posted:

Yeah that's correct.

E: Withdrawing my lovely joke about keyboard demo settings.

I thought it was loving funny lol

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Withnail posted:

Yeah, well I work for an aerospace/defense contractor. Hail Satan. No dogs allowed.

lol, I do freelance design for a medical device company and that place is like a kennel sometimes. I don't know how they even answer phone calls with all the barking.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
You dumbies that want the meat closed will be singing a different (a morbid) tune when you are overrun with chickens everywhere going bacaw and pecking the ground because we, as a whole, have decided to stop killing them.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Plant MONSTER. posted:

You dumbies that want the meat closed will be singing a different (a morbid) tune when you are overrun with chickens everywhere going bacaw and pecking the ground because we, as a whole, have decided to stop killing them.

And so the beak shall inherit the earth

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Son of Rodney posted:

I Unironically hope every last meat processing and meat producing farm goes bankrupt and meat is unavailable for a long time.

I will hunt and eat chubby republican children in the playgrounds of the wasteland.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Cacafuego posted:

If you’re WFH and have some free time, go read The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism.

So apparently this book says some govts use crisis times to push unpopular policies unopposed.

But every time I ask Americans why they don't oppose their government more it's usually a mix of "it's impossible", "it's too dangerous" and "I actually love leopards eating my face".

So I have a distinct feeling there's much more to the picture than just "disaster capitalism"

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 29, 2020

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Maybe with all those roosters around I’ll get back to a good sleep schedule! :haw:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

There are smalltown children living near meat processing plants smelling clean air for the first time. No, that isn't your imagination, little Axel, the wind isn't supposed to smell like a 5 year old fart from a 4 year old carcass.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Rad-daddio posted:

I will hunt and eat chubby republican children in the playgrounds of the wasteland.

good way to get prions which is a good way to get brain holes which is a good way to become republican B)

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Fartbox posted:

the earth is healing

No it's not.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I finally watched this video that someone posted a few days ago. It's loving terrifying. It's about coronavirus misinformation and the media outlets pushing it.

Rush Limbaugh can eat a loving dick. That's gotta be one of the most dangerous people in the entire country. I mean, I knew he was bad but I never really thought about all of the damage he's doing. He's the voice of the right. Whatever they say, he said it. Those dumb, easily refutable arguments, he made them.

I loving hate these people with a passion. From the bottom of my heart. I hate them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRFbwjwQ4VE

edit: I really loving hate them and it affects my daily life.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

unpacked robinhood posted:

Can we call it Kid VID???

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Philthy posted:

The cool thing about, for example, the Smithfield class action suit https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/smithfield-foods-sued-over-working-conditions-missouri-during-coronavirus-n1191796 is that very little media is reporting the fact that the suit isn't seeking money...

Associated Press posted:

The lawsuit doesn’t seek monetary damages but is asking for an injunction to force Smithfield to comply with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and public health guidelines.

And the President is literally seeking to protect the companies from suits of this nature across the board.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Time_pants posted:

Can we call it Kid VID???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Rodney posted:

top five maybe

Professor Shark posted:

I don’t think Trump or many people in general can conceive of a problem that can’t be Superstar Captain-of-Industry Capitalismed away

Machines are off? TURN THEM ON!

They don’t see the people’s problems because they have always seen people as the problem

I've worked most of my life in various kinds of manufacturing. It would be pretty on brand for Trump to be the new manager that comes in with galaxy brained ideas.

"Why is this production line running 40 units per minute."
"Because these two machines are bottlenecks that can only run that fast, after extensive modifications/aftermarket parts. The STS is rated for 25 and is currently running 60% over capacity and somehow stable."
"So you are saying it's speed can be increased. Give me 60 units per minute by the end of the week"
"It doesn't work that way, you'll start having more downtime because the machines will tear themselves up and have extremely inconsistent runs"
"Are we going to have a problem here? I don't like "Can't Do" Workers."

"WHY IS THAT MACHINE NOT RUNNING"
"Because it's failed 37 quality checks in a row at the camera"
"MAKE IT RUN"
"We are attempting to fix the printer that is causing every unit to be rejected from the line"
*speaking in a mock mentally challenged voice* "HIT THE BUTTON AND MAKE IT GO"

So yeah. Throw mass foodborne illness on top of covid19 as people who don't know what they are doing try to run the balls off of 1980s era machinery to keep up with some outrageous quota Trump is going to decide on. We need to output 50,000,000 chicken wings in 1/4th the time as usual to prove AMERICA IS BACK TO WORK and MANUFACTURING IS STRONG. What do you mean they are raw?!? What do you mean they have buckshot in them?!?!?!

Rectal Death Adept fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 29, 2020