Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Midjack posted:

He’s a loving dickhead and deserved everything that happened to him.

Sealab 2021 was a long, long time ago, wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It was. He’s a sex pest and beyond that generally just an rear end in a top hat IRL.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I have trouble believing that someone who made ranting about who the main character was in a kingdom hearts sequel part of his show is slightly unbalanced you guys.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Midjack posted:

He’s a loving dickhead and deserved everything that happened to him.

What did he do?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I was at the first PAX, where MC Chris performed, opening for Frontalot

He transitioned from hyping the audience up about the idea they could all just to out and kill some jocks to something about cumming out his window onto grandmas outside

PAX is open to all ages

MC Chris was not requested a second time

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Hesh wants sex!

I guess art imitates life.

gently caress it I stuck at math and this didn't matter

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Apr 29, 2020

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Well then, in that case there's no alternative to forcing people to die in meat processing plants for minimum wage. Even as someone who eats meat, it's amazing the extent that people would prefer that (other, poorer) people die for their dietary preferences instead of eating some lentils.

The reasonable alternative would be to keep the plants open and enforce a strict set of health and safety guidelines with frequent compliance monitoring.

joat mon posted:

How about we make the changes to get that extra capacity to the people who need the calories before we change everyone to a vegetarian diet?
I mean, I'm happy the sun has an excess capacity of photons without any changes, but let's help people not freeze to death before we make them take the Great Leap Forward to solar.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

The reasonable alternative would be to keep the plants open and enforce a strict set of health and safety guidelines with frequent compliance monitoring.

Yes, but how will Purdue make a strong profit on $3/lb chicken if there isn't a human fricassee machine standing shoulder to shoulder so that they can process 100 birds a minute?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It seems the peeps that were involved in the Iranian missile attack are getting purple hearts.

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1255288949544714240?s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If we include brain damage then trump actually earned his

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

If we include brain damage then trump actually earned his

I’m 100% convinced that, contingent on two things happening (trump winning re-election and coronavirus going strong through a significant portion of his second term), chuds are going to start demanding Purple Hearts if they catch covid because it will be a “war” on an invisible enemy so that trump can be a wartime president.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Woofer posted:

I’m 100% convinced that, contingent on two things happening (trump winning re-election and coronavirus going strong through a significant portion of his second term), chuds are going to start demanding Purple Hearts if they catch covid because it will be a “war” on an invisible enemy so that trump can be a wartime president.

:negative: Oh god, you're right

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
These types are the loudest to whine about stolen valor too

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Woofer posted:

An element of the Mechanized Infantry of the MAGA Army engages the Invisible Enemy. Artist's Reproduction, 2020.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Milo and POTUS posted:

These types are the loudest to whine about stolen valor too

Can't remember if I stole this here or elsewhere

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

i always skipped his lovely raps in the show, dude suuuuuuuucks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I was his roadie for a year

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Tactical Kappa sweater

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

"I listen to nerdcore sometimes" - eh... probably a huge dork
"I own nerdcore records" - definitely a huge dork, probably a conversation I want to back out of
"My favorite music is nerdcore" - has no concept of art, music, poetry, or probably human interaction

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Milo and POTUS posted:

Volunteer or did he pay you?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

sorry about ur luck

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

egyptian rat race posted:

Can't remember if I stole this here or elsewhere

this guy has never, will never know the touch of a woman without the aid of a sex worker

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Onion on IG had a headline-
Tactical Vest Sold Out In XXXL

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Stultus Maximus posted:

It looks like the DPA is being invoked to shield Tyson/Perdue et al. from liability because of the unsafe conditions they created in the plants. :911:

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

US Berder Patrol posted:

this guy has never, will never know the touch of a woman without the aid of a sex worker

so you're saying he'd fit right in, in the military?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

LingcodKilla posted:

Volunteer or did he pay you?

I payed him

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/Politidope/status/1255525782392393728

Honestly though the % was going to be higher

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’d have a really hard time taking that question seriously and just put down the dumbest answer

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

LingcodKilla posted:

I’d have a really hard time taking that question seriously and just put down the dumbest answer

Yeah you'll always get 5-10% saying yes on a yes/no question of I HAVE PRIED OUT MY EYEBALLS WITH A SPOON JUST TO LOOK BEHIND THE MIRROR.

But an actual positive development, it looks like remdesivir made it through a placebo-controlled trial and it actually helped. Not a bullshit company-run trial either, it was government-run.

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1255532403021549568?s=19

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Wait wasn't there a leak saying that the drug basically does nothing like a week ago?

Edit: yeah here

https://time.com/5826618/remdesivir-leaked-data-who-website/

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Yeah you'll always get 5-10% saying yes on a yes/no question of I HAVE PRIED OUT MY EYEBALLS WITH A SPOON JUST TO LOOK BEHIND THE MIRROR.

But an actual positive development, it looks like remdesivir made it through a placebo-controlled trial and it actually helped. Not a bullshit company-run trial either, it was government-run.

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1255532403021549568?s=19

Isn't Trump saying he believes in something/someone a kiss of death?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
The news of this Miracle Drug made The Number go up so pipe down your heresy before The Market hears you.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

More info:

https://twitter.com/OneKindOfBlue/status/1255527833759289345?s=19

I also trust pharma companies as much as the white house

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Defenestrategy posted:

Isn't Trump saying he believes in something/someone a kiss of death?

The operating assumption is that absolutely everything that comes out of the president's mouth is complete bullshit, medical issues being no exception. The difference here is that there's an actual, concrete study coming out, properly run, properly designed, backing up the bullshit. Fauci is also vouching for it.

Basically, remdesivir doesn't appear to be another hydroxycloroquine. Up until now, there have been hints of the drug working on poorly-designed, fast studies. This study (once published) is basically saying, scientifically, that the poo poo works. The data will determine if it's a huge benefit, good benefit, or just a little benefit. It's not ideal, as I've read that Gilead can only make about a million doses in the the year and it's IV-administered, but it's beats the gently caress out of nothing.

That study is really rough because they didn't have enough people and the study more or less had to be terminated because of that lack of people (not that they all died). That trial was run in China, this trial was run in America, and likely wasn't run with the drug company's involvement.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 29, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The NIAID study is the one we're waiting for later today

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hot Karl Marx posted:

More info:

https://twitter.com/OneKindOfBlue/status/1255527833759289345?s=19

I also trust pharma companies as much as the white house

It's about time we got a new title and before the end of the month, too

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

I said it the first time too lol

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Milo and POTUS posted:

"This is a great success story, and I think that's what really needs to be told."

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1255520309916172289?s=19

https://twitter.com/darth/status/1255513469631291394?s=19

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

I swear that's straight out of business school, declaring a failure as a massive success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

https://twitter.com/mikememoli/status/1255532622761123844?s=19

I'm loving here for Fauci giving Brad Pitt acting tips.