Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

hahahahaha my work is reopening to the public TODAY the manager is such a sack of poo poo and the barrier for customers/employees is a loving CARDBOARD TRIFOLD WITH SOME CLEAR VINYL AS A WINDOW

AAAAAAAAAAAAA A AAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Charlz Guybon posted:

It's a genius idea that has cut the cost of rocket launches by 75-80%

(It hasn't)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

snoo posted:

hahahahaha my work is reopening to the public TODAY the manager is such a sack of poo poo and the barrier for customers/employees is a loving CARDBOARD TRIFOLD WITH SOME CLEAR VINYL AS A WINDOW

AAAAAAAAAAAAA A AAAA

wash your hands

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
Had an appointment to see if I need surgery to correct a surgery I had last year (not with the same butcher who screwed up the last time). The receptionist who sees customers as well as the screening nurse wore masks but the nurse who took me back and the practitioner didn't wear masks. I overheard them talking about a patient who was still waiting to hear the results of their covid test. If I don't have this surgery I will most likely get an infection in my old surgical site. At least I wore a mask brought my own pen and hand sanitizer. I'm in TN so I hope I can get the surgery before we peak again.

I'm crack pinging so hard right now I think I'll dehumanize and face to my own bloodshed and just quarantine myself in the house from my family as best I can when I get my surgery.

:shepface:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

snoo posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAA A AAAA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1255380013488189440

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Doc Fission posted:

Morning COVID fam. I am an Asian person who doesn't like the Vietnam comparisons because way more Vietnamese people died in the war than Americans so there's some weird presumption of priority there if I think too hard about it. However the phrase "a 9/11 every day" will always be funny so I would like it if people stuck to that

It's just how the empire thinks about their wars. Like two million people died in the Iraq war but only a few thousand were American so idiots think it's no big deal

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

90s Solo Cup posted:

Just found out doggos have the equivalent of red-green colorblindness.

Someone should copy/paste the human spectrum and label it as the spectrum some animal with really sophisticated eyes can see. But since it would be a human reading the image they'd only be able to see the normal human colors. I think that would be a pretty good gag.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:stoked:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1255473872079650816

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

yeah i'm probably estimating too low but the difference between our half assed strategy of oh hey everybdoy, just claim you're jogging and you don't have to stay at home, ever vs Full Death Now but Swedenly is just millions die slowly vs even more millions die quickly

anyways

my local rabbi was steaming mad about this, first thing i saw on social media this morning

Why the gently caress is BdB the one talking about this. He's lost all credibility, have one of the actual scientists he sidelined speak instead.

He needs to shut the gently caress up and just go to the gym.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Charlz Guybon posted:

Uh...what happened to Spain?

Worldmeter shows +2,706 new cases and +301 deaths yesterday, but they're already at +4,771 cases and 453 deaths today.

probably statistical noise look at 7day or at least 3day averages to avoid this as well weekend fluctuations

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1255222814652665857?s=20

Sir Tonk has issued a correction as of 15:07 on Apr 29, 2020

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The thing that no one is talking about, and which is also very, very funny imo:

America has almost 850,000 STILL ACTIVE cases

Only barely 15% of people who have officially caught Corona over the past two months have officially recovered from it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
We will reopen and never close again. It will suck but at least I can get a good burger now.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

fun tweet to send back to 2008

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/sangerkatz/status/1255491597216681984

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Only barely 15% of people who have officially caught Corona over the past two months have officially recovered from it

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

that's just one of the Qultists, they're harmless

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

snoo posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAA A AAAA

direct all coughing and sniffling customers to your manager

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lol lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/DeItaOne/status/1255501015736082453?s=19

Reminder this doesnt work and was proven by the pharma that makes it lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad my wife's office declared that they're working-from-home until July, and I'm enough of a do-nothing computer toucher that I can declare myself as working-from-home of my own accord, because the government's probably going to relax the lockdown after May 15 and I'm pretty sure we're going to have a second wave because we can't even do 8k daily tests yet and the "general quarantine" is still going to re-open malls and spas and barber shops and clothing stores.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Thoguh posted:

That's the goal. Use this emergency to dismantle government

Shock Therapy, baby! We're gonna do it.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

they tag their stock symbol in that tweet in case anyone was wondering what the point of distributing medication that doesn't work was

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

I'm wrong at least as often as Elon Musk is, and correct far more often.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I got my stimulus check today (Tennessee resident), same week the state's opening back up

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

At a 5% death rate that's anothe 42.5k dead baked into the numbers at this point.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Also Gilead ending up canning the clinical study for the medicine.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Gonna be bizarre by May's end when the new Chud talking point is why suddenly most of them are sick and are dropping dead and how it's all the 'LIE-berals' fault because whatever.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao makes me think why Philly got hit so hard during the 1918 pandemic due to allow the liberty bond parade to continue as planned.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Gonna be bizarre by May's end when the new Chud talking point is why suddenly most of them are sick and are dropping dead and how it's all the 'LIE-berals' fault because whatever.

They'll blame elite coastal cities for prolonging this pandemic by shutting down instead of letting it burn out, and that's why it spread to their communities

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

LionArcher posted:

so will we ever get another check after the $1200? I mean come on we need at least another $2,000 a month for the summer

Lol

Lmao

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

we're going to re-open alright fine gently caress you too
at least tell everyone to keep wearing masks out of an abundance of caution or something

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

R0 5.47

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

i guess we're about in that period where everyone who got the coronavirus around Easter starts dying, huh?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Ebola Roulette posted:

Had an appointment to see if I need surgery to correct a surgery I had last year (not with the same butcher who screwed up the last time). The receptionist who sees customers as well as the screening nurse wore masks but the nurse who took me back and the practitioner didn't wear masks. I overheard them talking about a patient who was still waiting to hear the results of their covid test. If I don't have this surgery I will most likely get an infection in my old surgical site. At least I wore a mask brought my own pen and hand sanitizer. I'm in TN so I hope I can get the surgery before we peak again.

I'm crack pinging so hard right now I think I'll dehumanize and face to my own bloodshed and just quarantine myself in the house from my family as best I can when I get my surgery.

:shepface:

Excellent post/username combo

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

etalian posted:

Also Gilead ending up canning the clinical study for the medicine.

gilead pump-and-dump coming on STRONG

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1255482228450222085?s=20

this study has no placebo control and only compares a 5- and 10-day course. both had the same effect and the most common complication was respiratory failure.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

becomes a seasonal thing that mutates constantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Pompeo is doing a news conference where he implies the covid was engineered by the chinese and he wants inspectors let into the Wuhan virology labs.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 15:34 on Apr 29, 2020