Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/NYCMayor/status/1255309615883063297
this was probably not the best way to frame it tho

Yeah it's letting the ultra orthodox control the narrative, they've definitely spent huge time and money becoming "the true Jews" in the US and Israel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Apraxin posted:

holy poo poo the replies

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

france got it from belgium

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Thoguh posted:

Ultra orthodox jews are being assholes and refusing to comply with the restrictions in place.

We had this here in Australia as well, the Rabbis and community leaders went "Welp we're closing down the synagogues" weeks before before the official lockdown even started but a bunch of their members went "Well we'll just form minyans and do daily mass prayers in secret" which resulted in a bunch of police raids
https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/police-raid-ultra-orthodox-prayer-group-above-store-in-ripponlea-20200409-p54im0.html

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Apraxin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBUDyntqcUY

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The Australian government has been looking into this and their investigation revealed that the virus definitely evolved in nature, there's zero evidence that the Wuhan lab was the cause of the outbreak, it almost certainly spread from the wet market and they don't believe it was released intentionally.

Their conclusion: "You can't prove a negative so we still can't say that it didn't come from the Wuhan lab."
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...429-p54o5i.html

Yellow cakes everywhere.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hopefully getting the Roni becomes a chud badge of honor and the morons start culling themselves faster than they were.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

https://m.tiktok.com/v/6815758866769349894.html

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/DeItaOne/status/1255525581430706181?s=19

!!!!!!!!

OPEN HER UP. SOLVED

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the trial without a control group :stonk:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

what kind of chump science man uses control groups anyway this is 2020

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

cuomo getting the optics today

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Pennsylvania is IIRC the fifth most deaths in the country from this and the feds told us yesterday to not expect any more PPE from the national stockpile. It's sheer lunacy.

wolf doesn’t kiss trumlmmo rear end

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Charlz Guybon posted:

How does this make sense politically? I get him telling NY and CA to gently caress off, since he's an evil bastard that hates states that didn't vote for him, but PA was a key state in his election. Just giving up on it seems crazy.

this makes it more likely for PA to go red

it was going red 100% anyway.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My work provided Chic-fil-a for lunch today. Why is this supposed to be the best chicken sandwich ever? IT's pretty average IMHO

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

the trial without a control group :stonk:

🤑

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

Iron Crowned posted:

My work provided Chic-fil-a for lunch today. Why is this supposed to be the best chicken sandwich ever? IT's pretty average IMHO

it's because all their workers are white hth

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

it’s ideological as the sandwhichs hate gay People

you should not eat them and complain to your work for even thinking about buying it

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

wait, this is the study that pumped the market? e: it's not the study, turns out this is

the one whose most promising finding is

quote:

Although not statistically significant, patients receiving remdesivir had a numerically faster time to clinical improvement than those receiving placebo among patients with symptom duration of 10 days or less (hazard ratio 1·52 [0·95–2·43]).

[...]

In this study of adult patients admitted to hospital for severe COVID-19, remdesivir was not associated with statistically significant clinical benefits. However, the numerical reduction in time to clinical improvement in those treated earlier requires confirmation in larger studies.

poo poo guys wrap it up we did it

eighty-four merc has issued a correction as of 18:49 on Apr 29, 2020

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

twoday posted:

Interesting
Corona was introduced to Europe by unelected Eurocrats confirmed.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

euphronius posted:

it’s ideological as the sandwhichs hate gay People

you should not eat them and complain to your work for even thinking about buying it

It's too late, I already ate my free to me sandwich, do I hate the gays now? :ohdear:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

lol i mentioned not wanting kids to my parents again and was surprised that they agreed

but they agree because jesus is coming back, not because we live in hellworld specifically

things are going to go absolutely looney tunes by the end of this

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

they tried remdisivir in china back in January and stopped using it because while it did eliminate the virus in some patients, they ended up getting reinfected shortly after and dying of heart failure. too bad the whole world didn't read the first cspam roni thread.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

it absolutely doesn't show that lmfao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

It's too late, I already ate my free to me sandwich, do I hate the gays now? :ohdear:

this is pretty extreme reactionary error, comrade

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

get popeyes instead

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Iowa has another 467 cases but only in the problem counties. Open it up!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

this makes it more likely for PA to go red

it was going red 100% anyway.

rural PA chuds are completely fine with dying for Trump, they didn't vote for him to make their lives better anyway

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Good soup! posted:

get popeyes instead

I've lived 39 years without eating Chic-Fil-A, I think I can manage that one.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

BeefThief posted:

they tried remdisivir in china back in January and stopped using it because while it did eliminate the virus in some patients, they ended up getting reinfected shortly after and dying of heart failure. too bad the whole world didn't read the first cspam roni thread.

are il-6 inhibitors still the best/unobtainable approach, or has estrogen been working as an il-6 inhibitor-lite?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Good soup! posted:

get popeyes instead

my friends and i once got a free $50 order at popeyes because they gave us the food before taking the money and then disappeared from the window for a couple minutes

i wasnt driving, so i feel no guilt for eating that chicken

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

BeefThief posted:

Well the lying communist Chinese told me not the drink bleach so bottoms up.

- Americans

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

NofrikinfuN posted:

are il-6 inhibitors still the best/unobtainable approach, or has estrogen been working as an il-6 inhibitor-lite?

anecdotally from my reading of the thread, IL-6 inhibitors are the only thing that seems to be consistently working since most of the ARDS deaths are cytokine storm related. IANAD but I think MadJackal and some other ER goons have said that has been effective (along with venting people and putting them on their stomachs)

IIRC IL-6 inhibitors are prohibitively expensive too

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

haha love local governments pointing at low number of cases and that we are good to open er up when they're still only testing people with severe symptoms lmao

Google Butt has issued a correction as of 17:22 on Apr 29, 2020

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

NofrikinfuN posted:

my friends and i once got a free $50 order at popeyes because they gave us the food before taking the money and then disappeared from the window for a couple minutes

i wasnt driving, so i feel no guilt for eating that chicken

i rarely have fast food but yeah, I'd drive away if it was popeyes, poo poo is delicious in both the worst and best ways

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Zeriel posted:

How long until treump opens his golf courses and he catches the virus at the omelette bar?

Trump already had it, there’s a secret rich person cure which is why he Tom Hanks etc aren’t dead and the only celebs to die are working musicians

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

would u rather get covid-19 and end up on a ventilator or get shot in the head w/o brain damage?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

crack ping comes early today i guess

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

2 year drug sentence lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

mastershakeman posted:

It probably got sold on the black market and they don't want to admit it's empty

lol "sold" I see you are an optimist

Like two weeks ago they had a guy doing a press briefing saying that the national stockpile is giving it away to private companies for free so that they can sell it, and defending it as the best mechanism.