Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

You probably want to go for recoil reduction with the FAL. 7.62x51 kicks a loving lot; if you end up in CQC and need to full auto you want to be able to stay on target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Game is patching right now so I can't check the actual prices.
I think the FAL is quite costly to make nice and doesn't do half-measure that well. You might as well go all out and put the best poo poo on it or just use a cheaper .308.
Like you pay what 22k? to even have a railed dust cover.

As for grips I just use the Fortis or RK-2 for performance, Hera or Cobra Tactical for looks, RK-0 if I'm smashing a cheap grip on some trash gun.

Wooper fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Apr 27, 2020

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

The fal was 45K from fence with railed dust cover, railed forebarrel grip and some nicer pistol grip. So I thought to just sweeten it up a bit with a burris fastfire, austrian muzzlebrake and a grip.

If that is still bad I guess I should just disassemble the gun and sell it in Flea.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
That new after-round heal thing is interesting. Might have been the single round I played but if you don't do the heal option (about 7k) you go back to the hideout much weaker than before. After a single gunfight death I'd have about 20-30 hp on each limb once I got back to the hideout, now it was all 2s.

That audio video was pretty cool. It always seems like people can get right up on me and I don't hear a thing but I step on two pebbles and it's CRUNCH CRUNCH but from what I've read sometimes you hear things way louder than other players do which isn't great. Maybe they'll work on all that at once.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 27, 2020

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

You can get the FAL down to a ridiculous 70 recoil or something in that neighborhood. Which for sure isn't "light" by any means, but is ridiculous for a gun that can fire M80 rounds on fully automatic.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
FAL rules, everybody use it.

No actually don't, just give them to me.

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

ChesterJT posted:

That audio video was pretty cool. It always seems like people can get right up on me and I don't hear a thing but I step on two pebbles and it's CRUNCH CRUNCH but from what I've read sometimes you hear things way louder than other players do which isn't great. Maybe they'll work on all that at once.

The current audio has tons of dead spots. If someone is roughly 35-55 degree away from your face the sound can be up to half as loud or disappear. If you get a friend to run at a wall you can spin around and notice that at some angles/ distance it goes from audible to completely silent.

Essentially you need to always keep yourself 90 degrees facing away from whatever you want to hear.

You also hear significantly farther when facing forward than you do backward for some reason.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

twig1919 posted:

The current audio has tons of dead spots. If someone is roughly 35-55 degree away from your face the sound can be up to half as loud or disappear. If you get a friend to run at a wall you can spin around and notice that at some angles/ distance it goes from audible to completely silent.

Essentially you need to always keep yourself 90 degrees facing away from whatever you want to hear.

You also hear significantly farther when facing forward than you do backward for some reason.

PMC be like

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I love that THICC cases are down to 14mil already and dropping. Everyone just offloading all their stuff to afford the best tier loadouts. Next month should be fun, but I feel a little bad for any new players. M995 is up to like 2400 a round, which sucks because I sold 8,000 rounds a few days ago for not that much. It will probably keep getting higher, just like everything else. Just kind of curious to see where it stops.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL_oRThgbJw

New stuff I haven't seen mentioned here is:

.366 ammo buff, 9x39mm nerf, and a buff to pistol calibers (I don't know which one specifically or if its all the pistol calibers)
2-3 more rows going to be added to the stash for all account types
more recipes for crafting in the hideout

and most importantly, the wipe should be in less than a month

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
holy poo poo thermal sights

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

Very excited about the wipe and the changes.

I only started playing a few months back and my brother was pretty much already rich so he was dropping me stuff.

Excited to get a bit of the fresh wipe experience.

See you all on Discord for team runs.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Lmfao at the thermal buff. Like, why?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Zipperelli. posted:

Lmfao at the thermal buff. Like, why?

The gap between rich boys and plebs wasn't large enough?

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

The risk is still there for the rich. I have killed many rich people with just a Mosin and gently caress all else.

https://streamable.com/xebi9

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican

Mortlock posted:

The risk is still there for the rich. I have killed many rich people with just a Mosin and gently caress all else.

https://streamable.com/xebi9

Just a tip but if you hold alt and click on items in their inventory, it will automatically equip them for you. It has probably saved my rear end more than I know not spending that extra few seconds while looting.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I encountered a great bug last night where I was invisible to players and could not take damage from them but could damage them and take their poo poo.

I got killed by a scav while I was being super sloppy and careless trying to do the decontamination quest but, holy poo poo man this game has some ridiculous bugs.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Raymond's here, Raymond's here.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I encountered a great bug last night where I was invisible to players and could not take damage from them but could damage them and take their poo poo.

I got killed by a scav while I was being super sloppy and careless trying to do the decontamination quest but, holy poo poo man this game has some ridiculous bugs.

I had this once. Was on voice comms with my team and we ended up doing some kind of ouija board poo poo with one of them turning his flashlight on and off and asking me how many times he did it. They didn't believe I was in the room with them. I was totally invisible to AI too. Walked up to a Raider, shot him in the face, he didn't die. Then he could see me and immediately murdered me.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The invisible player bug has been in for months and months, since .9 or .10 I think.

live free or dont
Apr 13, 2012
Holy poo poo some of the item and ammo prices are all over the place now. Its cool To shoot scavs with M61 at 3k a bullet. GPUs are down to 130k sometimes.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

live free or dont posted:

Holy poo poo some of the item and ammo prices are all over the place now. Its cool To shoot scavs with M61 at 3k a bullet. GPUs are down to 130k sometimes.

people are selling off their graphics cards farms and going as sweaty as possible in the last couple of weeks till the wipe. Gotta burn through all those rubles you're not going to be keeping, after all.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Using the 9x19 SMGs is really just fishing for headshots, right? I was doing factory runs with the MPX and MP9 and was consistently dying having put 12 shots into the torso. :smith: Was using the blue tipped semi-expensive rounds? Luger-something? Around 350 rubles per.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Luger is high damage low pen so yeah either hit unprotected faces or spray down legs

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

A Kedr loaded with SP6 or SP7 will kill even the sweatiest of gearlords hilariously fast if you are shooting them in the legs. And those guns you mentioned would probably do even better.

Just go for the legs. You’re hosed in anything but close range encounters though.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

tokenbrownguy posted:

Using the 9x19 SMGs is really just fishing for headshots, right? I was doing factory runs with the MPX and MP9 and was consistently dying having put 12 shots into the torso. :smith: Was using the blue tipped semi-expensive rounds? Luger-something? Around 350 rubles per.

AP rounds are pricier but more consistent...its end of wipe so might as well go hog wild

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Galaga Galaxian posted:

A Kedr loaded with SP6 or SP7 will kill even the sweatiest of gearlords hilariously fast if you are shooting them in the legs. And those guns you mentioned would probably do even better.

Just go for the legs. You’re hosed in anything but close range encounters though.

Am I missing something here? The Kedr takes 9x18...?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I’m just saying high damage low pen bullets in an SMG (any smg) can shred legs really good.

Unless you mean me specifically calling for SP6/7?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I’m just saying high damage low pen bullets in an SMG (any smg) can shred legs really good.

Unless you mean me specifically calling for SP6/7?

Yeah, it was this.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

9x18 mm PM SP7 gzh?

Multiple guns have SP rounds, not just the VSS/VAL.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Galaga Galaxian posted:

9x18 mm PM SP7 gzh?

Multiple guns have SP rounds, not just the VSS/VAL.

Yeah, I think that was my gently caress up. I didn't realize SP7/8 came in anything other than 9x39.

Allllll the way down there at the bottom, but huh. Lookie there.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

As the wipe's coming up I figured I'd put together a little highlights package; I feel this gives a nicely rounded impression of my experience with the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcZc_dWSTK0

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Lemon posted:

As the wipe's coming up I figured I'd put together a little highlights package; I feel this gives a nicely rounded impression of my experience with the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcZc_dWSTK0

you probably figured it out as you went along, but to all newbies watching, please tap and don't spray those unmodded aks-u' s :)

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Famethrowa posted:

you probably figured it out as you went along, but to all newbies watching, please tap and don't spray those unmodded aks-u' s :)

Unless of course you want to clear the trees of local wild life.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I'm pretty excited for the audio changes in the next patch. So many times I've been sat in a bush listening to somebody get closer to me with no effing idea which direction they are coming from.

Could be a real game changer.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Jarf posted:

I'm pretty excited for the audio changes in the next patch. So many times I've been sat in a bush listening to somebody get closer to me with no effing idea which direction they are coming from.

Could be a real game changer.

Or hearing someone crunch around next to you on interchange except are they really next to you? Or in the garage/on the second floor?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

idiotsavant posted:

Or hearing someone crunch around next to you on interchange except are they really next to you? Or in the garage/on the second floor?

or having scavs walk up or down the stairs in dorms and not hear them till they yell at you

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
After the weight changes last month and the skill wipe going with them, I've heard a lot of complaints on how long it takes for players to get their strength & endurance back and I had a thought: Has anyone proposed adding an exercise/weight training area to the Hideout, which would give bonus XP to those two things once built? Seems like it would be reasonably straightforward to implement.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Doodles posted:

After the weight changes last month and the skill wipe going with them, I've heard a lot of complaints on how long it takes for players to get their strength & endurance back and I had a thought: Has anyone proposed adding an exercise/weight training area to the Hideout, which would give bonus XP to those two things once built? Seems like it would be reasonably straightforward to implement.

they already got that its the air filter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
A second tier of the firing range with a +30% to Combat skills would be nice.