Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Shawne Merriman has been named in a lawsuit concerning the date rape death of a Playboy model in 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stix9501
Apr 29, 2020

Chichevache posted:

I think Newton's tweet font is more of an offense to the league than anything Kaepernick ever did.

It's not his fault he lives every reality from Cloud Atlas at the same time! Cam is a gifted individual. Why hasn't he been picked up? As a panthers fan, I loved him. He's an idiot, but he's philanthropic, and incredibly athletic. I think he's toast and the league insiders know his foot is less valuable than oil right now.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

TITANKISSER69 posted:

Shawne Merriman has been named in a lawsuit concerning the date rape death of a Playboy model in 2017.

Lights out

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Named as what, though.

Edit oh my

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2846422-tmz-ex-nfl-lb-shawne-merriman-sued-for-wrongful-death-of-kimberly-fattorini

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mahomes should just demand x% of the cap for 6 years or whatever

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

AndrewP posted:

Mahomes should just demand x% of the cap for 6 years or whatever

Seems like there’s a chance the cap goes down in the next couple years

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I'm honestly surprised more people havent negotiated X% of cap each year.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Has anyone run the numbers on Gronk’s contracts over the years? Gotta assume they average out to 6.9420% of the cap. Been playing the long game.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lots of serial drug rapist exNFL stars lately

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Somehow I'm not surprised that people that get into positions of power & influence end up being really lovely to other humans.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
So has anything come of it? That story is from July

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

pretty soon he'll be able to carry a picture of his nfl career with him

quote:

Falcons declined DE Takk McKinley's fifth-year option for 2021.

Coach Dan Quinn said that would be the outcome back in February, and McKinley confirmed it on Twitter Wednesday. Selected 26th overall in 2017, McKinley has recorded a meager 16.5 sacks across 45 games. He's missed just three career contests to date, but McKinley has dealt with significant shoulder issues. Atlanta signed Dante Fowler this offseason to be its new No. 1 edge rusher. McKinley is still in the 2020 plans, but he needs to turn it up a couple levels like Bud Dupree did in Pittsburgh last season.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm not saying they should keep him because, well, obviously. But why announce you're not picking up his 2021 option now if you're keeping him and we theoretically play games this year? I see no upside for either the player or the team.

There's not some cutoff coming up where they actually have to decide yet is there?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Grittybeard posted:

I'm not saying they should keep him because, well, obviously. But why announce you're not picking up his 2021 option now if you're keeping him and we theoretically play games this year? I see no upside for either the player or the team.

There's not some cutoff coming up where they actually have to decide yet is there?

There is. Teams only have until I think May 3rd to pick up the 5th year option.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

There is. Teams only have until I think May 3rd to pick up the 5th year option.

Huh, didn't realize it had to be decided a year in advance. I would have thought that would happen before the next league season.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1255546135613243393?s=20

so maybe that's 19 of 22 starters returning

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

a neat cape posted:

The story seems to have picked up steam lately with a lot of Kim's friends posting about it on IG and there was a story in the Daily Beast a few days ago but no movement in a legal sense according to what I could surmise from Google

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-disturbing-date-rape-death-of-kimberly-fattorini-ensnaring-ex-nfl-star-shawne-merriman-and-eli-wehbe

(Ps I am not a degenerate, I just have more time on my hands)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1255553012992544768

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1255553282522652672

Schefter out here doing Baghdad Bob work

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

But how will he be able to afford a jar of m&ms?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I assume he's just taking a pay cut for fun

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress Goodell.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Still overpaid.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mega64 posted:

Still overpaid.

He does his job of getting the fans to be mad at him instead of the owners pretty well.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

a neat cape posted:

The PDF was just made public a few days ago

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1255562909066727424?s=19

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He does his job of getting the fans to be mad at him instead of the owners pretty well.

Joke's on them, I'm mad at them, too!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

bye philip

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...for-4-2-million

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1255608565366165505

...oh

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Quaranteen

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Contract the Jaguars

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

So yeah.... he went full epstien on that year off?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

At least it was certain minors and not uncertain minors.

I'm sorry.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Why does it specify “certain minors”? To make
It clear he didn’t have sex with ALL the minors?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That’s why he washed out of the league

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, didn't realize it had to be decided a year in advance. I would have thought that would happen before the next league season.
You need to exercise the option a year in advance to even use it, but ultimately if you change your mind you’re not obliged to keep them for that year.

You can still release them without penalty assuming all the guarantees are already paid out.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Strobe posted:

Lol it sounds like they threw the book at him. "Having alcohol in a motor vehicle with the seal broken" and "having an open container of beer or wine in a vehicle" being separate charges seems really petty.

Don't drink and drive, kids, of course. But still.

The "alcohol" is specifically liquor, so the Patron. If they really wanted to be dicks, which they absolutely should do to people who drive drunk, they could have hit him twice on the second one, for each Corona.

Now I know why Rivers had two dozen kids. Free labor to change the bulbs in all those loving canlights.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why does it specify “certain minors”? To make
It clear he didn’t have sex with ALL the minors?

I don't actually know but my first assumption was it means he's alleged to have definitely known the girl(s) involved to be under 18?

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

I don't actually know but my first assumption was it means he's alleged to have definitely known the girl(s) involved to be under 18?

The statute says it applies to minor victims who are 16 or 17 years old. It is probably just to distinguish it from victims 15 years or younger.

"Certain minors" = those minors who are 16 or 17.

It's a stupid title.

That does mean, though, that he indeed did not have sex with ALL the minors. Fortunately for him.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

please don't make me laugh about child rape cause you just did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

gently caress