Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

John_A_Tallon posted:

There's already hiccups in the milk supply chain. They've been throwing out milk because they couldn't ship it.

Who is throwing out milk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
They're dumping thousands of gallons of milk because they can't get rid of it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Reminder that there are two separate food supply chains. With all the restaurant closures there's a shitton of oversupply.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
They all laughed at me.

When I was plowing meat mountains into my face to the point where I was terrorized nightly by meat sweats and red meat shits they laughed.

When I ate seven beef and cheddars in one meal they laughed.

When I ate 50 McNuggets in a single sitting they laughed.

"How can you stand to eat so much meat?" They Asked. "How can you spend 25% of all your time on the toilet?"
'
"To tell my grandchildren the stories of when we had unlimited cheap meat at our fingertips." I said. "I want to remember this and take advantage while I can."

Well the joke is on them because I will die alone. It's probably the meat scent.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nessa posted:

My uncle just started messaging me about how the meat packing plant in our province was shut down because 3 people had a cold and how this cannot go on, Bill Gates created the virus to forcibly vaccinate us all, etc...

Yeah, it’s not because 3 people had a cold. It’s because 759 workers caught Covid and one of them DIED. It’s also caused the worst outbreak in the province with over a quarter of our cases directly connected to it.

I don’t think I’ll even respond to my uncle cause it will just make me mad.

Tell your uncle that Bill Gates infected you with a nanomachine virus that has effectively turned you into the terminator and though you will not murder him (he's family, after all) you will shoot him 73 times in the kneecaps like in that scene at the end of T2.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Now's a good time to tick "Take a bath in milk" off your bucket list.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Today was my wife's first day back at work and I'm not sure which viewpoint I'm more salty about:

a) she was the only manager asked to come back and spearhead the effort to re-open adoption & foster programs (animal shelter). Obviously she's exposed more & will continue to be exposed as they allow more public interactions but hopefully New York will continue to shut that poo poo down into June.

b) I'm still working from home full-time for at least two weeks but more likely into the summer and stuck at home trying to do this with a 3.5yo and 1yo. It's been six hours, the weather sucks, the weather sucks for the next several days in fact, I've already used way too much TV and snacks to get them to shut the gently caress up and get out of my hair, this is impossible.

I wonder if I can use FMLA to stop working for a couple months

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Iron Crowned posted:

I was hoping this was a clip from Babylon 5

probably would have been better

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

How is it "funny" that the Earth is healing? There's nothing odd what so ever about the fact that it's doing better in some areas without people polluting as much. That's 100% entirely normal and expected, full-stop.

We will still slaughter those animals. They just don't get turned into food. The animals still get killed. Farmers can't afford to feed and handle their milch cows, ranchers can't afford to tend their meat stock. Those animals don't live for free. They don't cost anything dead. They don't get processed for free. Guess what happens. They don't go live on a farm upstate in retirement.

Congrats on being a vengeful atheist mocking the people you're smarter then in the rest of your sentiment, I suppose. You nailed it.

Have you ever considered taking a valium, my man?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Hitting up Costco this weekend for some motherfucking BEEF. :colbert:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

They're dumping thousands of gallons of milk because they can't get rid of it.

"They" who?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Don't worry the US just passed 60,000 deaths, there's no way the UK will ever close the gap now :patriot:

Oh 6%, I really lowballed when I said 3% earlier

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mozi posted:

probably would have been better

I would have watched the whole thing

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

xcheopis posted:

"They" who?

Have you tried looking this information up yourself instead of arguing?

e - like literally google "dumping milk" you loving rube

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Xenocides posted:

My friend who was stuck on a ventilator due to lung blood clotting was able to have surgery and survived. Still have not heard for sure if it was COVID. If I had it like I thought it was a mild case and only lasted two and a half days.

I am in Texas and we are gearing up to open up. My job fell under essential services (one of our divisions makes ventilators and PPE) but fortunately the company is acting sanely. The few people who have to be in the office are vital to keeping things going and no one wants to risk an infection in that group. They also gave us two weeks of coronavirus PTO time if your immediate family or anyone you care for got sick. I think they will have me keep working from home. Part of me wants to go back. All the fun parts of my job are troubleshooting problems with equipment in the office but I should probably stay home.

Downside they finally hired someone to take over about two-thirds of my job that was supposed to move to another part of the state so I have to try to transfer almost a decade's worth of knowledge to some poor sap in a series of Skype sessions. This will be fun.

In local coronavirus news the mayors of Fort Worth and Dallas are trying one-up each other in their press briefings, we picked a fight with Colorado. Cases are on the rise and we open in two days. A judge and a bunch of other people are urging people to still stay home as much as possible. The governor appears to believe we can start extensive contact tracing in two days to stamp this thing out despite our still limited testing capability. Uh-huh, sure.

Don't worry bro we are just going to contact trace the, uh, whole 1% or less that we have tested. No problemo

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Rolo posted:

I’ve been low key thinking of quitting all red meat for the last few months. Outside of the occasional burger or burrito I don’t really eat it or keep it at home anyways.

Chicken is so easy and tuna is like right there ready to go.

Don't do it. I went that same path. I said to myself Oh I'll just eat chicken and sardines. Then one day it was just sardines. And..and now the only animal product I eat is cheese.

To be fair, I wasn't a person who ate meat 3 times a day before stopping.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

xcheopis posted:

"They" who?

Dairies.
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/15/business/milk-dumping-coronavirus/index.html

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!

Omnikin posted:

Today was my wife's first day back at work and I'm not sure which viewpoint I'm more salty about :

a) she was the only manager asked to come back and spearhead the effort to re-open adoption & foster programs (animal shelter). Obviously she's exposed more & will continue to be exposed as they allow more public interactions but hopefully New York will continue to shut that poo poo down into June.

My sister is the Foster Coordinator of one of the largest non-profit humane societies in PA. They never stopped. The boardmembers took a voluntary 25% pay cut across the board, they dropped everybody to exactly 30 hours, salary and hourly, so that nobody lost health insurance Or their jobs, and they're working 10 hour days to minimise the number of people present at a time to abide by social distancing guidelines.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Chinatown posted:

Hitting up Costco this weekend for some motherfucking BEEF. :colbert:

:same:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Chinatown posted:

Reminder that there are two separate food supply chains. With all the restaurant closures there's a shitton of oversupply.

People probably aren't eating less though, they're just eating at home more. That food that was going to restaurants now needs to go to grocery stores so John Doe can buy it and make a terrible chicken piccata out of it.

If that second supply chain was completely shut down it'd probably result in less food waste though. But it isn't completely shut down due to carryout/delivery.

And are people eating more because they're at home all day or are they eating less because most people are lovely cooks and are they eating less because they're no longer getting served 1800 calorie appetizers at Outback?

Lot of questions. We need answers.

Should I send my wife to Costco to buy $4,000 worth of meat only to discover I only have room in the freezer for $2,200 of it?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Omnikin posted:

Today was my wife's first day back at work and I'm not sure which viewpoint I'm more salty about :

b) I'm still working from home full-time for at least two weeks but more likely into the summer and stuck at home trying to do this with a 3.5yo and 1yo. It's been six hours, the weather sucks, the weather sucks for the next several days in fact, I've already used way too much TV and snacks to get them to shut the gently caress up and get out of my hair, this is impossible.

I wonder if I can use FMLA to stop working for a couple months

this poo poo kind of sucks bc altho animal shelters are nice in normal times im not sure how theyre really essential in an existential pandemic

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bird with big dick posted:

And are people eating more because they're at home all day or are they eating less because most people are lovely cooks and are they eating less because they're no longer getting served 1800 calorie appetizers at Outback?

Dear god! YOu can't shut down the Bloomin' Onion factory! You will regret this!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
God Bloomin Onions are terrible, just buy onion rings you idiots

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!

shovelbum posted:

this poo poo kind of sucks bc altho animal shelters are nice in normal times im not sure how theyre really essential in an existential pandemic

The animals in the shelter still need food and walkies and meds. And the animals outside the shelters don't stop loving/being injured/abused.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Should I send my wife to Costco to buy $4,000 worth of meat only to discover I only have room in the freezer for $2,200 of it?

A whole frozen pig in a box is only $150 from the business center

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Iron Crowned posted:

God Bloomin Onions are terrible, just buy onion rings you idiots

what about the time they put ribs on top of it

edit: and fries

Bob Morales fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 29, 2020

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Rolo posted:

I’ve been low key thinking of quitting all red meat for the last few months. Outside of the occasional burger or burrito I don’t really eat it or keep it at home anyways.

Chicken is so easy and tuna is like right there ready to go.

I loving love tuna melts. Any tuna melt. Even the worst tuna melt on the planet is still delicious.

Right before the roni hit I bought a case of that Wild Planet sustainable mercury free no dolphin tuna off Amazon before realizing they also sold it at costco. Need to get some more maybe does anyone know if the fishing industry is getting hit as bad as the pork anus industry

necroid
May 14, 2009

sustainable mercury free no dolphin tuna

lol

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

i am harry posted:

A whole frozen pig in a box is only $150 from the business center

Yeah I'm not driving all the way to Fairfield to buy a pig in a box.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Its true theres a picture of a fish on the side with a speech bubble saying it is.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Omnikin posted:

:lmao:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Blaise330 posted:

Oh 6%, I really lowballed when I said 3% earlier

Depending on which orange spin you’re listening to, the death rate either

A) is much lower (it’s not at all a dangerous virus!) and the percentage only looks high because we haven’t tested enough people

B) is only high because we’re doing such a beautiful and accurate job with tests on every street corner, and other nations with their lower case and death numbers are just not as good/accurate as us

Either way we’re doing a tremendous job and it’s time to go back to work :umberto:

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

A good article:
https://www.salon.com/2020/04/29/jared-kushners-princely-arrogance-set-back-the-coronavirus-response-by-weeks-report/

Choice quotes:

quote:

And as the outbreak grew, so did Kushner's influence.
"Jared is running everything," one former White House official told Sherman. "He's the de facto president of the United States."

quote:

"I told Jared that if Trump won a second term, he wouldn't have to worry about running again. And you can really help people. Jared just looked at me and said, 'I don't care about any of that,'" a New York business executive who met with Kushner at the White House last fall told Sherman. "I wanted to tell Jared, 'You don't say that part out loud — even in private.'"
A source close to Kushner said that he had "no recollection" of that remark. 

quote:

"Pence lives in mortal fear of being booted off the ticket," a Republican who heard the comments told Sherman. "Trump constantly reminds Mike that he almost didn't choose him."

Explains Pence's lack of mask at the Mayo Clinic. Doesn't want to do anything to break the thin ice he's apparently on.

quote:

Fox News host Tucker Carlson drove to Mar-a-Lago to warn the president to take the threat seriously during this time. Kushner pushed back, urging Trump not to declare a national emergency because it "would tank the markets," a source familiar with the situation told Sherman. A person close to Kushner denied the claim.

Lol when Tucker Carlson is the voice of reason.

quote:

"Jared is bringing conspiracy theories to Trump about potential treatments," the Republican said.

quote:

Kushner also dismissed pleas from governors about severe shortages of ventilators as the caseload grew.
"I have all this data about ICU capacity. I'm doing my own projections, and I've gotten a lot smarter about this. New York doesn't need all the ventilators," Kushner said during a White House meeting, according to a participant.

Pretty scary article. Definitely worth a read.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Nothing gets hit harder than the pig anus industry. Nothing.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Is this an end-level boss in an 80ties arcade game?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"We Take a Slammin and Keep on Cannin'" has been the Pork Anus Industry motto since March 4th, 1897, the same date that William McKinley was sworn in as president, and for good reason.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Some dairy farms are dumping their excess, some are feeding calves, and some aren't dumping at all.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

xcheopis posted:

Some dairy farms are dumping their excess, some are feeding calves, and some aren't dumping at all.

We know. Look.
The reason that people are being terse with you about this is that we went through like a 4+ page discussion about this exact thing in this very thread several days ago and don't feel like doing it again now that you're getting caught up, ok?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

"We Take a Slammin and Keep on Cannin'" has been the Pork Anus Industry motto since March 4th, 1897, the same date that William McKinley was sworn in as president, and for good reason.

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
milk milk lemonade

around the corner trump is made