Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Argue posted:

drat... I just watched the most recent film in the Maglevs in Love series, and I couldn't believe it when Maglev Mike took that relationship off the rails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I have avoided spoiling this game but after seeing Stiches the real life living sewn up bear who loves bugs and making them into golden covered statues. AC is starting to hit too close to home.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

closed!

Chronicler of Dongs fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 29, 2020

Undocumented Gamer
Jan 9, 2019

Junkie Disease posted:

I have avoided spoiling this game but after seeing Stiches the real life living sewn up bear who loves bugs and making them into golden covered statues. AC is starting to hit too close to home.

My vote for best AC neighbor. Stitches for the win.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Martytoof posted:

Man I give up on catching that hellish Tuna. I caught a blue marlin but the tuna evades me. I've probably crafted like two hundred fish foods now only to keep catching those C+ pieces of poo poo

the marlin is the harder one by far tbh. tuna is probably twice as common i think

even big fish island takes forever to get a few for a statue

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I AM THE MOON posted:

the marlin is the harder one by far tbh. tuna is probably twice as common i think

I have seen only two of those fish

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

Looks like I have a meteor shower happening tonight. If I want to help other people get star fragments, what's the most time efficient manner to go about it?

I have set up a fenced in walk from the airport entrace to the top left part of the map- What other steps do I need to take?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Bioshuffle posted:

Looks like I have a meteor shower happening tonight. If I want to help other people get star fragments, what's the most time efficient manner to go about it?

I have set up a fenced in walk from the airport entrace to the top left part of the map- What other steps do I need to take?

Wow do I just not have nice stuff or why go to all this trouble

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Undocumented Gamer posted:

Yeah he's never leaving my island :colbert:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Tatsuta Age posted:

Wow do I just not have nice stuff or why go to all this trouble

preservation of flowers, junk you have laying around on the ground, keeping people from taking longer than needed on the island, etc.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Bioshuffle posted:

Send all your stuff to me, I'll hold on to it until the event is over

Only way to make sure it's safe

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chronicler of Dongs posted:

0KYDN - Teddy's making the plain wooden shop sign

Thank you! Your museum setup is really nice.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Anyone have food turnip prices? My friend spiked at 500+ today but it was in the morning while I was at work so I couldn't sell them

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged
golem-android is both beautiful and dangerous.

Mr. Crane posted:

Uhm Uhm Uhm .... Turnips is 660 on my island y'all!! I won't have this running for very long periods at a time but I can share it up a few more times before I'm out.

https://turnip.exchange/island/c4599dd0

This bugged out somehow, I'll throw it back up soon

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

love when I'm up next in the queue and the turnip site just says "Oh Dang!"

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Manuel Calavera posted:

Fox Hollow is OPEN with Turnips selling for 326! Kicks is also here! Native fruits are cherries.

If you wanna leave me tips. Please leave them in the corral to the right of Nooks. Prefer arcade, bar, or kitchen furniture, hybrid flowers, purses, or ofc bells. Not essential but definitely appreciated. Please do not touch my flowers arranged for hybrid growing.

https://turnip.exchange/island/cede45ed

I will be sitting idle betwixt Nooks and the Museum.
(I'll be less busy than the rich folk)

Nice island! I wanted to revisit and buy the 1m tiny crown, but the turnip exchange website is being glitchy and not working for me - is your place still open?

e: nvm, working now :shobon:

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 29, 2020

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

thank ya

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Bioshuffle posted:

Fill it with pittraps

_____!
May 2, 2004

Thanks a bunch! I love how your island is layed out. The Zen garden is dope. I kept trying to leave a message on your bulletin board but I didn't want to prevent people from getting in and out.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I AM THE MOON posted:

Did you bring bait for that or?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Bioshuffle posted:

You can see shooting stars from anywhere on the map, no need to go to the north. You could just pen them in right at the airport if you're going to be paranoid about it

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

runchild posted:

Y’all love gold poo poo, right? Well how bout some literal golden poo poo, cause Stitches is DIYing Golden dung beetles on my island. First house on the right after the Great Wall of Bugs.

Kicks has some good stuff too, but be quick so it doesn’t hold others up too much.

Dodo code: J22V2 CLOSED

DIYs by the entrance are free to a good home. If you’re feeling generous I left a pile of watering cans over by my primary flower breeding zone (west side of the island, over the bridge) and would appreciate some visitor bonus. Maybe even hit the white pansies by my house if you’re feeling extra.

He’s still going, but nobodies here so I’m gonna close the gates (just close, not kick folks who show up) in about 15 minutes. Times up.

runchild fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 29, 2020

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Hey, Drake left me his train set on the way out! What a nice duck. I would miss him more if I didn’t have two other lazy villagers.

On a related note, did somebody mess with Kitt on my island while I was at dinner? I had set Nibbles’s catchphrase, but now Kitt is using the same catchphrase. I double-checked, and Nibbles’s did indeed get set. Is Kitt in general just broken as poo poo?

raven77
Jan 28, 2006

Nevermore.
3Q0D3 - Kicks is my special visitor, with Jester’s Shoes and a few other things. I don’t remember what’s at Nooks or Ables, but you’re welcome to buy anything there you want.

It’s also Coach’s birthday; feel free to bring him a jock-focused present!

Also, Sly is giving out diys for plain wooden shop signs.

^^^^ Your villagers will randomly pick up each other’s catchphrases; it’s annoying, but it happened in New Leaf too.

raven77 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 29, 2020

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Double Punctuation posted:

Hey, Drake left me his train set on the way out! What a nice duck. I would miss him more if I didn’t have two other lazy villagers.

On a related note, did somebody mess with Kitt on my island while I was at dinner? I had set Nibbles’s catchphrase, but now Kitt is using the same catchphrase. I double-checked, and Nibbles’s did indeed get set. Is Kitt in general just broken as poo poo?

Villagers just randomly copy custom catchphrases from each other without any input, it's pretty annoying.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Straight White Shark posted:

Villagers just randomly copy custom catchphrases from each other without any input, it's pretty annoying.

like 80% of my villagers are now saying "chungus" nonstop

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Manuel Calavera posted:

Fox Hollow is OPEN with Turnips selling for 326! Kicks is also here! Native fruits are cherries.

If you wanna leave me tips. Please leave them in the corral to the right of Nooks. Prefer arcade, bar, or kitchen furniture, hybrid flowers, purses, or ofc bells. Not essential but definitely appreciated. Please do not touch my flowers arranged for hybrid growing.

https://turnip.exchange/island/cede45ed

I will be sitting idle betwixt Nooks and the Museum.
(I'll be less busy than the rich folk)

QUOTING MYSELF BECAUSE I DIDN'T SEE.

:frogsiren: ABLE'S HAS THE TINY MILLION BELL CROWN :frogsiren:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Mr. Crane posted:

Uhm Uhm Uhm .... Turnips is 660 on my island y'all!! I won't have this running for very long periods at a time but I can share it up a few more times before I'm out.

https://turnip.exchange/island/c4599dd0

This seems to be closed now if anyone else is in queue.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I've STILLLLL never ever ever had a villager ask me to teach them a catchphrase

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

ALFbrot posted:

You can see shooting stars from anywhere on the map, no need to go to the north. You could just pen them in right at the airport if you're going to be paranoid about it

Really? I thought you had to go all the way north to see them. This will make my life so much easier- thank you!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

unmeidestiny posted:

Turnips are at 548! It's rainy and Kicks is also here.

https://turnip.exchange/island/729cc62f

thanks for opening up, left you a 99k bag on my way out

raven77
Jan 28, 2006

Nevermore.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I've STILLLLL never ever ever had a villager ask me to teach them a catchphrase

You have to talk to them a lot; I’ve only changed two villagers’ catchphrases and I talk to them daily, 5 or 6 times a day.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Straight White Shark posted:

God drat it. I don’t want my villagers to randomly shout “cash prizes” if they’re not a squirrel.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Oops miss quoted, its for the 660 one
its getting idle warnings when im at #2

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 29, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Twiggy bringing up a good point.

https://twitter.com/mmmossy/status/1255601898087780353

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Half of my island is now saying Jive Turkey or Hella. At least it happened to spread to somewhat appropriate villagers

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Meteor shower happening in the Village. Celeste is here. Dodo Code: Closed.

There are cherries, fossils, bunny day items and recipes on trash beach to the east that you can grab. There are also items for cataloging. While we're here, I can also craft you a golden toilet. Just bring the required 6 gold nuggets to my secret beach. :wink:

If you shake a tree, take whatever falls out with you, please. Isabelle is already angry enough with me without a million apples littering the island.

If you want to do me a solid, water my flowers with the provided watering cans. There are some some rarely watered spots like the patch behind my house, but pretty much the entire island is covered in flowers by this point. Go nuts.

Also, please talk to my villagers. I love it when they're like "Since meeting Dr Cool, I've thought a lot about Ramen Isle." (Lolly the Cat) :3: I've noticed that they start spilling gossip after a few interactions, but only if you say you don't know me.

Poque posted:

like 80% of my villagers are now saying "chungus" nonstop

Yeah, Axel has been spreading "not myself" like it's - well, whatever. It seemed clever at the time. :shrug: I guess that's pretty much catchphrases irl, though. Once everybody is copying them, they just become irritating.

edit: strange typo
edit 2: On second thought, I don't know if that works.

And More fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 30, 2020

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Thanks for the nice comments! :3: I usually only put my codes in the discord but I'll start putting them here more often too.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i told clay, my lazy dirtbag hamster villager, to start saying "maaaaan", and now vesta, my very nice and sweet sheep villager has turned into a very nice and sweet stoner sheep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Undocumented Gamer posted:

Stitches was the very first villager I met on a mystery island.

Though because of this, he lives in a log cabin with a dirt floor. I have been gifting him colourful wood block furniture to replace his rustic logs. Just gave him a toy box from the Cranny today.

Reeeaaally wish we could gift villagers with rugs, floors and wallpapers....