Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1255602792003260419

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"Fuming", that's a bingo

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hey maybe he means he wants to quit.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

lollllllllll

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
hey i don't know who's changing the forum titles but less letters makes them harder to click!
*isolation increases*

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

haveblue posted:

Smoking beats this easily

Smoking beats 59k people in 5 months, but smoking doesn't beat the like 40K people in the last 20 days

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

The Sean posted:

"The okay sign is just a normal sign people make."

Sometimes it is, which is why it's also used for the other thing, but that's really besides the point.

Also that's how it got the name you just used, dolt

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Wilbur Swain posted:

It's another corporate circle jerk, so devoid of content or meaning that it's baffling to me what he thinks he's accomplishing by staging these. Here's a link so you can watch too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHDEX6Ui_7g

The way to understand Trump is to think of a heroin addict, and then replace heroin with any form of personal or public attention/praise.

Trump is like an addict stuck in a halfway house against their will- he spends every moment of every day thinking of ways to get high and doesn't have any capacity for any kind of coherent plan or strategy beyond acquiring the next hit.

He's an old addict spinning out of control- and if he doesn't feel like please press conferences are getting him enough attention he will inevitably do something that forces people to pay attention/react to his blathering again.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Without a vaccine how can you say the virus is going to go away?

"It's gonna go! It's gonna leave! It'll be gone!"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Trump is still literally wishing away the virus.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Prester Jane posted:

The way to understand Trump is to think of a heroin addict, and then replace heroin with any form of personal or public attention/praise.

That's why I laughed when he canceled his "press conference" for two days because I knew he would come crawling back. He knows he will be mocked, but he's dying for his next fix. He needs to stand in front of a camera while people are forced to treat him like he is a Big Powerful Man no matter how worthless he is.

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

What these open the country types don't get is that the numbers are as high as they are with an unprecedented nationwide shutdown and social distancing. How the hell is this comparable to anything else? What do they think the numbers will be like without a shutdown?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Who's going to play trump in the inevitable movie about this, now that Brian Dennehy is no longer with us.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

booseek posted:

What these open the country types don't get is that the numbers are as high as they are with an unprecedented nationwide shutdown and social distancing. How the hell is this comparable to anything else? What do they think the numbers will be like without a shutdown?

Strap the gently caress in because we're going to find out.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Jewel Repetition posted:

Things aren't looking good for the Democrat party

Please tell us this time how the Democrats will be screwed then.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

booseek posted:

Some know that it’ll be higher but don’t care. Most are idiots and can’t add 2 + 2 and realize that the only reason why the deaths are “only” at 60k (on the way to 100k) and the hospital system didn’t collapse is because of the lockdown so they go “hey this isn’t as big a deal as hyped up why did we close down at all?!”

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Willo567 posted:

Please tell us this time how the Democrats will be screwed then.

That’s his only post in this thread.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
https://twitter.com/benwikler/status/1255604241361711105?s=20

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

And still nobody is saying the strategy to improve polling is to actually do his drat job or let the experts do theirs.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

Prester Jane posted:

Trump is like an addict stuck in a halfway house against their will- he spends every moment of every day thinking of ways to get high and doesn't have any capacity for any kind of coherent plan or strategy beyond acquiring the next hit.

He's an old addict spinning out of control- and if he doesn't feel like please press conferences are getting him enough attention he will inevitably do something that forces people to pay attention/react to his blathering again.

I get that, and maybe he's getting his fix by having all these CEOs be nice to him. But it's such lousy optics that it just reminds me how out of touch he is.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Some know that it’ll be higher but don’t care. Most are idiots and can’t add 2 + 2 and realize that the only reason why the deaths are “only” at 60k (on the way to 100k) and the hospital system didn’t collapse is because of the lockdown so they go “hey this isn’t as big a deal as hyped up why did we close down at all?!”

Then they'll respond to the sudden spiking of the second wave by saying "guess quarantine didn't work, oh well, these deaths are all unavoidable better keep on trucking."

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Definitely cruising to victory in November. Well oiled machine, working hard, thank you!

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

"If we lose 65,000 people..." he's still using that number as the upper estimate of death toll. We'll hit that by Saturday.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/benwikler/status/1255604241361711105

cool man

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Pants Donkey posted:

Feb 4 2020
Having more meetings with the president this month. Not looking forward to it, but that’s the job. I miss my horse.

Feb 10 2020
The president...bit me today. He claims it was a joke, but what kind of joke is that??? Cannot wait for things to go back to normal.

Feb 17 2020
My hair is starting to fall out in places. Weird to happen now, very weird. Maybe no one will notice if I kinda...comb it over?

March 12 2020
Finally got my own shipment of Diet Cokes in. drat virus, slowing things down. I hope the president didn’t notice me taking from his stash.

March 25 2020
Feel so drat weird lately. Very weird. Nobody has ever felt as weird as I am right now. President says I look great. Guess it’s fine.

April 5 2020
Fake news try take hamberder. Bad news. Very bad. Most unfair to me.

Bigly.
Tasty.

god bless, holy poo poo

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Ika posted:

And still nobody is saying the strategy to improve polling is to actually do his drat job or let the experts do theirs.

There isn't a single person around him that would tell him he has to just shut the gently caress up.

He wouldn't believe them if they did

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

It means he just wants to go golfing and hang out with the bootlickers at his court in Versailles Mar-A-Lago

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

So this would be argument nr....what..... 3239138534856293490394 of "why a system built upon decorum and pinky swears is loving bullshit"?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

BigglesSWE posted:

So this would be argument nr....what..... 3239138534856293490394 of "why a system built upon decorum and pinky swears is loving bullshit"?

Also argument 2.13x10^5 that "lame duck periods are bullshit"

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

SocketWrench posted:

^ I know, but I hold fuckwits like this partially responsible for selling the bullshit that "it's just the flu" and "lock downs are fascism!"

620,000 is the CW death toll

I am going to admit my ignorance, I thought the Union/Confederate KIA/MIA was 200k. Still, staggering!

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

BigglesSWE posted:

All organized systems of power are based on decorum and pinky swears.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Mooseontheloose posted:

I am going to admit my ignorance, I thought the Union/Confederate KIA/MIA was 200k. Still, staggering!

KIA is about 200k I think but you had twice that from disease, accidents, and so on both in the field and POW camps. And maybe another 100k civilian deaths, free and slave, caused by the war.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The fact that you use the conservative propaganda wording of “Democrat Party” makes your analysis... suspect.

i hear that he might have dropped an article in a tweet or two, once, too, meaning any rape allegations against the Democratic Party's candidate can be safely discarded as... oh, what was the Biden campaign's delightful rephrasing of "she's lying and even if she wasn't, who cares," again?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/majorityfm/status/1255572804893839363?s=20

I want more than $1,200 god drat it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wilbur Swain posted:

"If we lose 65,000 people..." he's still using that number as the upper estimate of death toll. We'll hit that by Saturday.
The NYT had an article showing that the overall recorded death toll in 8 states is 50% above normal, so if you look at those numbers we have undercounted COVID deaths by about 9-10K nationally

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

where's my part of society where I am safe at home but still working from home and doing my best to keep my head above water because I am being paid less than usual right now but still expected to get by because I'm still employed and can't collect more than I make in 2 weeks per week via unemployment benefits?

how much will capitalism have to collapse before we just get a ubi and things improve drastically?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Fritz the Horse posted:

the irony is that PJ herself basically fits the definition of a "narrativist" within her own goddamn framework

I'm not going to copy/paste the whole thing but these are the first few of her "Benchmarks for Narrativism"

I feel like much of this is just observable by looking at how Trump and Chuds go about their daily business every day since 2015 and looking at the patterns of behavior even just with poo poo he and Jared Kushner have said today. Like I've just sort of come to the same conclusion myself without reading any specific take on it.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Kale posted:

I feel like much of this is just observable by looking at how Trump and Chuds go about their daily business every day since 2015 and looking at the patterns of behavior even just with poo poo he and Jared Kushner have said today. Like I've just sort of come to the same conclusion myself without reading any specific take on it.

I wrote the up the benchmarks for Narrativism about 2-3 months before Trump rode down the escalator, he wasn't even on the radar as a potential candidate at the time.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Do you think we can get Trump to actually do this if we say what a great idea it is and how bad his campaign manager is on twitter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Random Stranger posted:

Do you think we can get Trump to actually do this if we say what a great idea it is and how bad his campaign manager is on twitter?

What you do is tell Donald Trump that his campaign manager is starting to steal his thunder, and you do that by talking about the campaign manager and ignoring Donald Trump.

MSNBC and CNN could literally get anyone they want in the Trump Administration fired (at anytime they felt like) if they just used this tactic.