Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gripweed posted:

On the other hand, maybe if they ignore it it will just go away

https://twitter.com/llerer/status/1255603896397029379?s=20

And it is such a state that we have arrived at, as the true believers are currently busy doing their damndest not to post.

It's as putrid as it gets. Do not let them slide by this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Can't help but notice that the Biden Defense Squad has disappeared.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

is pepsi ok posted:

Can't help but notice that the Biden Defense Squad has disappeared.

What a coincidence, it's 2 AM moscow time :tinfoil:

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/1255526534372372480?s=19

Not his sharpest comic but I like that the guy's mask is literally coming off.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Mellow Seas posted:

Whether you’re willing to vote for Biden or not, this is all terribly tragic stuff. The political party that looked ready to turn a corner two months ago is doubling down on all of its worse instincts, and all some people can seem to muster is a “lmao”. It really makes it seem like some people are more interested in causing pain to people they hate, or being proved “right”, than trying to salvage anything out of this mess. I get that it’s probably a coping mechanism, and it’s really just limited to a few posters, but I don’t think it’s helping the quality of discourse.

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/746803108949409793

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Gripweed posted:

On the other hand, maybe if they ignore it it will just go away

https://twitter.com/llerer/status/1255603896397029379?s=20

An army of Trump surrogates on every news channel repeating "Joe Biden thinks he doesn't have to respond to sexual assault allegations because they don't resonate politically" over and over.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Mellow Seas posted:

What the gently caress is “finger licking good” about Biden, as of now Donald Trump’s only competition, being a rapist and acting like a typical accused rapist? I swear, the absolute glee people have about poo poo like that, or about Trump eventually winning and scorching the libs, is extremely grating.

Whether you’re willing to vote for Biden or not, this is all terribly tragic stuff. The political party that looked ready to turn a corner two months ago is doubling down on all of its worse instincts, and all some people can seem to muster is a “lmao”. It really makes it seem like some people are more interested in causing pain to people they hate, or being proved “right”, than trying to salvage anything out of this mess. I get that it’s probably a coping mechanism, and it’s really just limited to a few posters, but I don’t think it’s helping the quality of discourse.

Its still April and almost half the primary states haven't even voted yet. Biden would be extremely easy to shitcan at this point and the fact that they are doubling down behind him as their guy is freaking HILARIOUS. Like Obama makes a few calls and Biden is done, it would be super easy to do. Its extremely likely they'd even get Amy or Pete at a brokered convention. Instead people would rather scold that we need to drag Joe to the finish line or else suffer Trump, and its not a message that's going to resonate.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Mellow Seas posted:

It really makes it seem like some people are more interested in causing pain to people they hate, or being proved “right”, than trying to salvage anything out of this mess.

It's true, all they had to do to earn my vote is cause pain to the people I hate (capitalists), but they made their choice. Oh well.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

think about it! two years were spent by liberals screaming about how a vote for Bernie Sanders was a vote for misogyny and hatred! and then, the -instant- the threat from the left was gone, they immediately threw everything they pretended to believe aside, and told all those suburban republican white women they claim will vote democrat ~aaaaany~ day now "yeah no you're gonna sit down, shut up, and vote for the rapist. anything else would mean you'd been brainwashed by russians."

Thank God that Biden didn't tell the woman he raped that she'd have trouble winning an election against Trump in 2020. Then the Democrats would have nobody to run!

It's hilariously loving stupid and 100% on-brand for these shitheads. Biden could end his run and the Democrats might actually win the white house in 2020. But he won't. This isn't a serious plagiarism scandal, it's just a little rape and that's presidential these days.

gently caress Biden. gently caress the Democrats. They've done more to assure a Trump victory than Trump has.

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Doctor Teeth posted:

lol that gets selectively applied and you know it. where was this "different meaning" with kavanaugh?

You are both right and wrong there.

Wrong because I do recall it was there at least a little with kavanaugh but the standard means you get to dog whistle people with different standards and just say "Investigate this now".

You're right because de facto this standard effectually gets treated like "I'm neutral but i'm very concerned about this" while still letting them buy into the apologia the standard was made to defuse .

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1255615811621924870

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I’m going to be annoyed and disappointed by a lot of headlines over the next few months that begin “BREAKING: Democrat Joe Biden” and don’t continue with “drops out of Presidential race”.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

I dunno if I think it’s funny exactly, because it’s so cynical and horrible, but a part of me is like “okay, yeah, good” the more they continue to show their dumb asses the better. I’m not so cynical as to think this won’t turn off more normie libs and not just pinko commie lefties like me.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Mellow Seas posted:

What the gently caress is “finger licking good” about Biden, as of now Donald Trump’s only competition, being a rapist and acting like a typical accused rapist? I swear, the absolute glee people have about poo poo like that, or about Trump eventually winning and scorching the libs, is extremely grating.

Being sad about it means that it was close enough that its failures hurt you, and at this point the party has pushed me so far away and made itself so explicitly opposed to my politics, my morals, my ethics and my understanding of how the world should work that I'm too distant. I can't sympathise with them anymore; they're like monsters, elementally opposed to me and what I believe in. I can't help but laugh about the fact that this whole charade is now loving backfiring in such a massive, public manner. And yes, I take a bit of sadistic glee from the fact that a rapist is eating the goddamn curb in public.

Tragedy is one of my close friends getting a paper cut. Comedy is that child molester over there sliding on his own discarded banana peel into an open sewer drain.

Let me emphasise, this is not a final situation. Biden could die, or quit, or be kicked out of the party, or be primaried out, or in any other way be gotten rid of. A new candidate with actual answers to the problems the world faces could be chosen, and the democrats could apologise for so publicly backing a rapist. The dems could still bring the left back into the fold. There are still possible ways forward.

But the only truly good thing about this election, as it stands, is that at least one rapist is going to get stomped out of ever showing up in the news again.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1255625376962883589?s=19

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Lessail posted:

What is hurting the quality of discourse is that Joe Biden is the Democratic nominee for president
He's not, though! There is no Democratic nominee for president yet!! This is the appropriate time to be discussing nominating someone else!!!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

By October Biden’s going to come out against abortion

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

bobjr posted:

You misspelled "August".

Seriously the moment the convention is over he's just going full right pivot, it's gonna be something to see.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

I laugh at all this, because if I weren’t, I’d be crying all the time

Outside of applying to be a delegate (which I’ve done) and hoping the convention is online still online, there’s sweet gently caress-all we can do. Just bombard the media with “hey, look at this!” about Tara’s story? The Biden camps argument is “it didn’t happen, and even if it did, it doesn’t matter”. The people that rightfully argued against Kavanaugh are saying Tara’s allegations or Russian-motivated bullshit.

we’re all stuck in a situation where none of us want this, were at the point where we’d accept anyone as long as it’s not biden, but none of us have the power to change anything

I’m a passenger on the Hindenburg, and I guess if I’m going down in a fireball, I’m going to laugh the entire time

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 30, 2020

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

bobjr posted:

Biden has been against abortion consistently, from decades ago and to the present. No surprise, considering he's a loving rapist who does not respect women.

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747
https://mobile.twitter.com/randygdub/status/796229362643152896

Prophetic

Grooglon
Nov 3, 2010

You did the right thing by calling us.
The "Biden voters love rape" line of discussion here feels really... dude-ish.

Here's the thing: the vast majority of all powerful men have had a "grab her by the pussy" moment where they used their power to assault or forcibly coerce a woman to engage with them sexually. That includes politicians, CEOs, journalists, celebrities, whatever. You know the phrase "no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism"? Well I think most women have accepted that there is no such thing as ethically pure voting, particular in a country where any woman who runs (at any level) has to get past a tidal wave of misogyny.

Like, for me to exist in the world in a way that never puts a dollar in the pocket of a sexual assaulter or never helps a rapist gain more power would pretty much require me to live in a tree in the woods and eat leaves. As a woman and a sexual assault victim (a long time ago, but I include it here for context), I cannot adequately explain how much that fact sucks, but also we kind of have to learn to live with it to be part of this society.

Now, I'm not saying you have to vote for Biden -- I voted for Bernie at the state level and am still not sure what to do about November -- but not voting for Joe Biden is not some kind of magic bullet that absolves you from participating in a sexist society, and in turn voting for him is not the same as slapping an 'I <3 rape' sticker on your jacket. Women have had to plug their noses and vote for the gropey rear end in a top hat who is least likely to gently caress and gently caress over their daughters for .. well, ever since we got the right to vote.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

They seem to be veering more sexist and classist than racist.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Grooglon posted:

Women have had to plug their noses and vote for the gropey rear end in a top hat who is least likely to gently caress and gently caress over their daughters for .. well, ever since we got the right to vote.

Prominent Democratic women and women's groups aren't just plugging their noses, they're actively down-playing the allegations and undermining Reade's credibility.

Now, I don't think every woman who supports Biden is pro rape. I imagine most of them (and most voters in general) are just ignorant of the facts.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Grooglon posted:

not voting for Joe Biden is not some kind of magic bullet that absolves you from participating in a sexist society,

Wow I agree that would be a lovely argument, good thing nobody's ever said anything of the sort.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Grooglon posted:

Here's the thing: the vast majority of all powerful men have had a "grab her by the pussy" moment where they used their power to assault or forcibly coerce a woman to engage with them sexually. That includes politicians, CEOs, journalists, celebrities, whatever. You know the phrase "no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism"? Well I think most women have accepted that there is no such thing as ethically pure voting, particular in a country where any woman who runs (at any level) has to get past a tidal wave of misogyny.

Like, for me to exist in the world in a way that never puts a dollar in the pocket of a sexual assaulter or never helps a rapist gain more power would pretty much require me to live in a tree in the woods and eat leaves. As a woman and a sexual assault victim (a long time ago, but I include it here for context), I cannot adequately explain how much that fact sucks, but also we kind of have to learn to live with it to be part of this society.

Now, I'm not saying you have to vote for Biden -- I voted for Bernie at the state level and am still not sure what to do about November -- but not voting for Joe Biden is not some kind of magic bullet that absolves you from participating in a sexist society, and in turn voting for him is not the same as slapping an 'I <3 rape' sticker on your jacket. Women have had to plug their noses and vote for the gropey rear end in a top hat who is least likely to gently caress and gently caress over their daughters for .. well, ever since we got the right to vote.

This attitude is how nothing changes and was already warn out and tired when it was used to attack abolitionists for boycotting Southern Cotton.

You obviously find it acceptable if your leaders rape, since you continue to accept them as leaders. I do not.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Grooglon posted:

Biden voters love rape

No-one has said this.

We're not saying that Biden voters are positive about rape or that they support it, just that they accept it in their politicians. The same way that Trump voters aren't necessarily themselves pro-racism or anti-women, just that they accept it in their politicians.

If they truly didn't, there wouldn't be a question.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Grooglon posted:

people who admit that biden is a piece of poo poo rapist but will vote for him anyways because they think the other rapist is worse are a tragic case but i don't hate them. most of biden's supporters aren't such people though and just <3 rape and rapists, which is why they are also fans of the clintons

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Grooglon posted:

I'm really tired of liberals telling me that things may not be ideal, but we have to do the best with what we have. Because we don't. We really loving don't.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
"The only moral raping is Joe's raping." -- Joe Biden supporters.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Grooglon posted:

but not voting for Joe Biden is not some kind of magic bullet that absolves you from participating in a sexist society, and in turn voting for him is not the same as slapping an 'I <3 rape' sticker on your jacket. Women have had to plug their noses and vote for the gropey rear end in a top hat who is least likely to gently caress and gently caress over their daughters for .. well, ever since we got the right to vote.

If we want the problem of powerful men raping women and getting away with it, we can start by not voting for rapists. It's not going to immediately solve the problem but it's far preferable to holding my nose for a rapist that supports absolutely none of my values (including not raping women).

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 30, 2020

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Grooglon posted:

So what about the whole white supremacist thing

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Ok so what if the candidate is both a rapist and a horrible loving racist warmonger. Am I still morally obligated to vote for him?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

I don’t blame most people who feel like they have to plug their noses and vote for the better rapist (as long as they’re not trying to guilt trip me into doing the same). I’m way more pissed at the people who made them feel that way, not the least of which being the rapist himself Joseph Robinette Biden

I do wish those people would not vote for him though and would stop buying into the Democrats self-serving, self-perpetuating myth of pragmatism

misadventurous fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 30, 2020

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

uhhhh, guys? All this talk of not wanting to line up behind a rapist? Uh, yeah, seems a little dudeish to me! That’s the tea, sis!

i got owned
Apr 10, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He's definitely a rapist though.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

misadventurous posted:

I don’t blame most people who feel like they have to plug their noses and vote for the better rapist (as long as they’re not trying to guilt trip me into doing the same). I’m way more pissed at the people who made them feel that way, not the least of which being the rapist himself Joseph Robinette Biden

I do wish those people would not vote for him though and would stop buying into the Democrats self-serving, self-perpetuating myth of pragmatism

Yeah that about sums it up for me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Guys I am not happy with the state of the 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary.