Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I’ve been playing this game every day for a month and have never once had Kicks show up. I’ve gotten Saharah and Flick several times and Celeste a couples times and CJ is on his second visit now... but no Kicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

m2pt5 posted:

CLOSED

I have 6 inclines and 5 bridges, and I only just got 5 stars a couple days ago when I scattered hay beds around my island to increase the furniture count. Isabelle kept telling me "more decorations".

Thanks for letting me visit Koholint. I love how organised everything is. The egg is also amazing to see when flying overhead. Unfortunately, I think Stitches suspects something:

Also, stargazing with goons was fun:

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Opening up because Celeste is here and it’s Coach’s birthday. Extra DIY drop off/pick up is on the right-side beach.

I haven’t actually seen any shooting stars but the bird is here giving a recipe.

edit: new Dodo: CQK2X

Seymour Buttz fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 30, 2020

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Waffle! posted:

I don't think so. Rain is like a watering can, but free.

Celeste is visiting with a DIY for a Taurus bathtub. Please help yourself to my pile of free stuff!

FJBT6

Get off yer phone! :argh:

EDIT: I posted that and I got in.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

The internet tells me that Kicks shows up once a week once you have the Ables shop open, but that can’t be right, or I would have seen him at least twice by now. Huh...

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Seymour Buttz posted:

Opening up because Celeste is here, June is crafting traditional straw coats, and it’s Coach’s birthday. Extra DIY drop off/pick up is on the right-side beach.

I haven’t actually seen any shooting stars but the bird is here giving a recipe.

Dodo: KPK4T

Really loved/jealous of your town square

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Mr. Crane posted:

https://turnip.exchange/island/e81db91e

Turnips 660, got an hour before it strikes 10pm here.

Thanks so much for this!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeesh, I've got enough flowers that it takes 3 watering cans to get them all, and it's still not enough for 4 stars?!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Seymour Buttz posted:

Opening up because Celeste is here, June is crafting traditional straw coats, and it’s Coach’s birthday. Extra DIY drop off/pick up is on the right-side beach.

Dodo: KPK4T

Any chance you crashed? I tried to get in, then it gave me a Communication Error, then it says there aren't any islands with that code.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

New Leaf posted:

Any chance you crashed? I tried to get in, then it gave me a Communication Error, then it says there aren't any islands with that code.

Indeed I did, I was afk so thanks for the heads up.

Reopened with code: CQK2X

I’m assuming the error killed June’s crafting but Celeste should still be here.

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!

Mr. Crane posted:

9 minutes left, and I'm next in queue. I guarantee I'll make it to the door of Nooks just in time for the windows to darken. It is my destiny.

Whew! Made it with 2 minutes to spare. Tip is outside your house. Thanks for opening up!

TwoSheds fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 30, 2020

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mr. Crane posted:

Your queue was deleted.

Mauldoon
Nov 9, 2009

Mr. Crane posted:

Thank you for opening your island.

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged
golem-android is both beautiful and dangerous.

Mr. Crane posted:

Closed

Hope I was able to help y'all. Shops closed due to da clock shutting em down!! Thanks for the numerous gifts

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Mill Village posted:

Get off yer phone! :argh:

EDIT: I posted that and I got in.

Thanks to everyone for coming and taking stuff!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Alright I just dipped my toes into making designs myself and I did a drat good job on an ATCQ album

Time to make more album covers :bisonyes:

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

Mr. Crane posted:

Thanks! That was relatively pain-free, I left your tip behind the trash can near mable's.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Seymour Buttz posted:

Indeed I did, I was afk so thanks for the heads up.

Reopened with code: CQK2X

I’m assuming the error killed June’s crafting but Celeste should still be here.

Thanks! I watered flowers completely at random, especially the ones I didn't see sparkle.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Nessa posted:

The internet tells me that Kicks shows up once a week once you have the Ables shop open, but that can’t be right, or I would have seen him at least twice by now. Huh...

Do you play late at night? He leaves after the shops close, unlike other visitors

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Nintendo really needs to give us a way to access our house storage from the field.my house is all the way in the corner (away from the common folk) and I hate having to trek back and forth.

I just want crafting from storage
DQB2 had this and it's such a big QOL change that it's absurd a game would ever go back

Not having it adds nothing to the game design except a tedious step

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Not having it adds nothing to the game design except a tedious step

This is like half of the design decisions in this game, so this is kinda a weird place to draw a line. If I’m dying on any QoL hill it’s the “let in house crafting benches access inventory” one.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Mr. Crane posted:

Closed

Huge thank you

Catalina
May 20, 2008

How do I get rid of fake artwork?

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

nothing to the game design except a tedious step
:agreed:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Gadzuko posted:

Do you play late at night? He leaves after the shops close, unlike other visitors

I play throughout the day and am always out and about as soon as the shops are open. I should have run into him by now, I think. :confused:

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Catalina posted:

If nooks won't buy it, you can always use a trash can, and it will let you pick stuff from your pockets to just dispose.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

peepsalot posted:

If nooks won't buy it, you can always use a trash can, and it will let you pick stuff from your pockets to just dispose.

Thanks! The Nooklings won’t take it and I can’t seem to put it in the Recycling Box, so I’ll order a trash can from my catalog.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Catalina posted:

:confused:
You gotta own that poo poo. I'm devoting a whole level of my house to fake art, anything less means that sketchy mofo wins :arghfist:

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

I just realized Celeste is on my island right now. Not much else going on, but I left the gate open if anyone's interested: closed.

She's on the beach to the right of the airport.

e: Weird, got an error. Updated code.
e2: Closed for the night.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 30, 2020

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Can you only get one celeste recipe per day when visiting multiple islands? I'm on my 2nd celeste island and she's just telling me random stuff about shooting stars, but no DIY.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
^^^ I had the same thing with Celeste recipes

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 30, 2020

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

peepsalot posted:

Can you only get one celeste recipe per day when visiting multiple islands? I'm on my 2nd celeste island and she's just telling me random stuff about shooting stars, but no DIY.

Just talked about that on Inu Isle too. She’s at my island tonight and wouldn’t give me another.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Nintendo really needs to give us a way to access our house storage from the field.my house is all the way in the corner (away from the common folk) and I hate having to trek back and forth.

Pro-Tip: any cabinet you have placed on your island will connect to your storage; so you can wear then un-equip any clothing item to automatically send them to your storage or do the reverse to pick up clothing you wanted to wear without wasting inventory space; useful for when you get random clothing pieces from balloons and villagers

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Really hoping the may day update adds a storage shed of some sort.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Catalina posted:

I will gladly purchase this up off your hands

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Desperate Character posted:

Pro-Tip: any cabinet you have placed on your island will connect to your storage; so you can wear then un-equip any clothing item to automatically send them to your storage or do the reverse to pick up clothing you wanted to wear without wasting inventory space; useful for when you get random clothing pieces from balloons and villagers

Yeah I added a storage locker outside Ables, helps to remember which things i have already without running all the way home.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

fancy stats posted:

I just realized Celeste is on my island right now. Not much else going on, but I left the gate open if anyone's interested: B0J1Y.

She's on the beach to the right of the airport.

OMW - Holas is name, a hopefully cool gift is my game

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Sorry to anyone who just crashes trying to catalog some poo poo, reopened with a queue

Have:
Streetfighter arcade
Wall mounted 50 inch tv
Laptop
High end stereo

Looking for any electronic equipment, outdoor seating

Closing up

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 30, 2020

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

causticBeet posted:

Have Annalise crafting a Peach Wall in the northwest residential area - open for a bit if anyone wants to grab it. Also interested in cataloging outdoor seating or electronic items.

Have the following available to catalog:
- Streetfighter arcade
- High end stereo (Black)
- 50” wall mounted flatscreen TV
- Laptop (Red/Black)

Open for an hour or so.

Dodo code: 9SJ7G

omw that other place crashes a ton
bringing my den chair for you to cat

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalina
May 20, 2008

redcheval posted:

I will gladly purchase this up off your hands

Sure, it’s a fake Scary Painting. No bells necessary!
I didn’t realize there was a want for these, I can save them up for goons if that’s the case.