Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for being annoyed my girlfriend has started dressing "weird" recently?

poor girl. Penis is both plentiful and low in value. Why settle ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My (34F) boyfriend (39M) wants to fine me $500 for lying about masturbation

quote:

For context, boyfriend and I have been together almost 2 years, and have lived together 1.5 years

A few weeks ago (4-6ish) I agreed to tell my bf ahead of time if I was going to masturbate. I did this because he got really upset when I used my vibe in the past, but I'm not willing to give up masturbation entirely. I thought telling him ahead of time was a reasonable compromise.

I did something stupid. Monday night I masturbated in the shower while he was asleep. I texted him afterwards and let him know I used my vibe. However, I previously agreed to tell him beforehand. I went back on my promise, and thus I lied to him.

Now he is FURIOUS. He didn't speak one word to me yesterday. I apologised so many times Monday night after he woke up and read my text. I am honestly sorry I lied.

This morning, I asked how we could repair the relationship, and he says I need to suffer negative consequences, since I'm the one who lied. He suggested a fine of $500 which *increases (Edit: I said doubles when I first posted this) every time I lie. We have separate finances, if that matters.

I dismissed the fine out of hand, since I think fining your partner is crazy. He said I needed to come up with a negative consequence instead, since I didn't like his.

I think my transgression, while wrong, was relatively minor. I think I should be able to apologize and move on with no further consequences. He said that I should be punished, which is a flag for me. I have a tendency to overreact though, so maybe I'm wrong?

I'm worried that I'm being dismissive of his feelings and solution because I don't like them. Is he being reasonable? What do other couples do when one partner lies? Is there a scale for the seriousness of lying? Or is any lie enough to break trust this seriously?

ETA: Here's a screenshot of the text I sent him. http://imgur.com/gallery/F8OhElr

well why not posted:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Holy poo poo Reddit is like 50% on the side of the parents.

Pretty sure 50%+ of Reddit users are bootlicking conservative morons who side with "authority" figures like parents, so why is this surprising in any way at all?

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

She needs to start saving up to send them in a retirement home in Florida (ny).

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kuiperdolin posted:

She needs to start saving up to send them in a retirement home in Florida (ny).

Maybe a nice vacation to Paris

Texas

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

well why not posted:

I knew there’d be one right after but not like this lmao

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

DemoneeHo posted:

Still don't understand why these crazy idiot fools don't feel like the most blessed lucky dudes in the world to have ridiculously horny girlfriends who masturbate all the time... and instead feel threatened by their partners???? Don't they understand their horny girlfriends want their sad tiny penises more often when they're ultra horny??????

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

tbh I assume everyone on line is American and therefore a high chance they’re insane conservative christians. also way fatter and goonier than you’d imagine.

He probably thinks her J/Oing is a waste of horny that he could’ve used to cum. horny is also very cheap and plentiful so again, why settle?

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Silly Burrito posted:

Texas

That'd be doing them a favor, the real one is a shithole.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For ditching my brother on the side of the road and refusing to drive him anywhere else?

quote:

Hi. I'm a dad to a teenage girl who really adores musicals. (Currently, her favorites are Beetlejuice, RENT, and Something Rotten! I believe.) I've come to enjoy some of these musicals, even if they're not exactly my thing. It means I can bond with her over things she likes. Usually, when we're in the car together, I let her play songs from these musicals. This still counts, even when I have others in the car (My little girl outranks my friends, my coworkers, and whoever else. Unless it's her grandpa.) Although I have her turn it down a bit, out of respect.

Well, a few months back, I'd picked my daughter up from school when I got a call from the parking lot, from my brother. He pretty much begged me to come get him from work. I said okay, even though I don't really get along well with him in the first place.

My daughter got in the car and started playing music (RENT). I headed to my brother's workplace, and picked him up. Here's issue #1.

My daughter was in the front seat. My brother came over to the car and opened the front door, and snapped at my daughter to get in the back seat. Before I could interfere, my daughter got in the back. Oh well, it's whatever.

5 minutes into the ride, issue #2 occurs.

He pulls out a cigarette and starts smoking, flicking his ashes out the window, and into my daughter's face. I told his to stop, he's upsetting Daughter, and I'm trying to quit smoking. He grumbles, and, after telling him to stop several times, puts out the cigarette.

Issue #3.

He turns off my radio and says "No one wants to listen to this {F-slur} poo poo, Abby."

This, of course, leads to my daughter getting upset and starting to cry. I pulled into the shoulder and pretty much told my brother to "gently caress off, he can walk home."

We got into a fight, I left, me and my Daughter got shakes and went home.

Apparently, after this, my brother went to a bar, got wasted, hid out at a friend's house for a day and a half. His wife was pissed at me, but I explained the situation, and she forgave me.

A week later he called me up and asked me to pick him up from work. I said no, on account of his behavior the other day. He hung up on me...

Then vanished for four days...

And then showed up at the very end of his son's birthday party, drunk and stoned, and got into an argument with his wife. I herded up my family and left. Most of my family since this point has given me poo poo for it, as they're still on and off arguing. I just want to know, Am I the rear end in a top hat for all this?

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

DemoneeHo posted:

Why is it imperative for this guy to get his leather slings, dragon dildos and pup hoods delivered to his sister's house under her name?

Yeah, i can get why an older gay is being very reserved and private about your sex life. But the mailman don't give a poo poo. They have seen worse than your bespoke assless chaps.

This was a few pages but mods name change please?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA For ditching my brother on the side of the road and refusing to drive him anywhere else?

Next time he asks for a ride just run him over with your car.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I was on the dad's side until the album in question was RENT

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

call center manager posted:

This can't be true. Considering this is a person who is likely in their early 20s, by that age it would be exceedingly difficult to learn two modern Greek standards as well as ancient Greek - ancient Greek that's good enough to actually read the Iliad, no less (keep in mind that "ancient" Greek wasn't a standardized language and could be anything between Aeolic, Ionian, Attic and Koinè Greek). It's a nice story but they overdid it on the language bit. I would have believed it if they'd just picked one variety of Greek or claimed they'd been tutored in ancient Greek for 6 years, otherwise this would mean this person would have sacrificed all their free time to learning various varieties of Greek from, say, age 13 to age 21. If that is the case, however, it would be an extremely lovely joke for the family to pull on this kid.

Source: I studied ancient Greek from age 13 to 18, at least three hours in class and three hours outside of it, and I couldn't understand a paragraph from the Iliad I hadn't analysed before to save my life.

e: Athens is okay, Whorelord. There are much more interesting things to see and do in Greece than Athens.

Yeah I caught that too, she says she’s 17. I’m guessing she “knows Greek” the same way weebs “know Japanese”.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Look RENT sucks rear end but teens love it. The bigger issue is why everyone is blaming Dad here for his brother who just vanishes for days when he doesn't get his way??? Whaaat

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Smirking_Serpent posted:

OP should just stab him to death next time his brother asks to be picked up from work.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah the fact that the brother got to go on a fugue state for 4 days without contact with anyone caring except to blame OP is a family dynamic thats about as healthy as Charles II of Spain

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

big dyke energy posted:

Look RENT sucks rear end but teens love it. The bigger issue is why everyone is blaming Dad here for his brother who just vanishes for days when he doesn't get his way??? Whaaat

Because "you know how he gets when he's upset, why would you make him upset, he's faaaaamillly", most likely. Also because dad is a reasonable person who can be talked with, and brother is an angry jerk who turns to alcohol when he's crossed.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
OP getting the blame explains a lot about why the brother is like that

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Still don't understand why these crazy idiot fools don't feel like the most blessed lucky dudes in the world to have ridiculously horny girlfriends who masturbate all the time... and instead feel threatened by their partners???? Don't they understand their horny girlfriends want their sad tiny penises more often when they're ultra horny??????

It's about control. He doesn't want a GF who likes to screw him, he wants a GF who NEEDS to screw him.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Texas

We'd love to have them in Cairo

Illinois

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

A nice trip to Las Vegas

New Mexico.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
AITA for not making a big deal about my friend transitioning

quote:

A little personal background I'm not exactly what you'd call an emotional person, I don't hide my emotions or push them down I just don't feel much to begin with.

Moving on to a little background on our history, I've been friends with "L" for just shy of twenty years, we met at the beginning of middle school and got along great right away. Seemed like in just a week we became best friends, and hung out all the time, we basically spent all summer together, outside all day and playing ps2/Xbox all night. It got to the point he trusted me enough to where he came out to me first about a year later and asked me how i felt about him now. I basically just told him nothing changed in my mind about how I saw him, and that it was cool, nothing much more than that.

Fast forward to about 5 years ago, we live in different states now and have basically remained friends through battle.net and steam even so at this point were each others longest friendship. I was dating my now wife and he was dating a nice guy "D" but would talk to me about transitioning and I told him I honestly don't know much about it but go for whatever makes him happy in the long run. Recently she has moved back fully transitioned with her now fiancé "D" who was offered a better job and we met up once they settled in. I didn't think much of it again much like the decades ago I just saw the person I met all those years ago. I congratulated her and obviously changed my pronouns but I still call her L as it still works for the name she now has (didn't change much at all..think of me calling her M after changing her name from mario to maria).

She still loves games so the other day I come over with my original Xbox, 4 controls and halo 2 to hit her with some nostalgia, D is hyped and we're hooking it up together while she's kinda just down on the couch. I ask her what's up and she basically tells me she's upset I didn't make a bigger deal about her transition. She expected me to flip, make a big deal over her and start seeing her differently and act different around her since she's now a woman. I try to tell her I care but not sure why I'm supposed to treat her any differently, She just kinda huffs and goes into their bedroom. D kinda just shrugs at me not knowing what to say before going to see her. I just kinda head out and let D borrow my xbox as he asked quietly before I left.

I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do or say to her, I tried calling but she didn't answer, just sent her an apology text and she replied that she'll talk to me later. AITA for not being different around my friend or hyping it up more? I'm not sure what I did wrong.

I had always thought that that was the endgame of the LGBT rights movement - being able to be fully honest about who you are with those around you, and having them calmly accept it and everyone get on with their lives.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
who ARE these people who WANT loving drama and poo poo when they come out? my friends who just went "ok cool, thanks for letting me know" and then switched pronouns and never had another loving discussion about it are my fuckin lifesavers. the last thing i want is to have to make a big loving deal about my goddamn identity with people. it's an alien impulse to me

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Maybe L had a longtime crush on the OP and was hoping to get a little action on it now that she's a woman? Or maybe she's just the center-of-attention type and expects everyone from her old life to like throw her a personal congrats-on-your-transition celebration the first time they see her. I'm also baffled just what her expectations are here.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 30, 2020

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Barudak posted:

I was on the dad's side until the album in question was RENT

I know, right? Put on some Avenue Q, come on!

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I saw this one on twitter

Everyone there seems to think “oh it’s just her way of keeping a diary, she’s an analyst!” But that’s like, some loving stalker poo poo. Dude obviously shouldn’t have peaked behind the curtain, but if I found out my girlfriend had compiled a CIA level dossier on me complete with a pro/con list I’d be a bit upset.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Julius CSAR posted:

Everyone there seems to think “oh it’s just her way of keeping a diary, she’s an analyst!” But that’s like, some loving stalker poo poo. Dude obviously shouldn’t have peaked behind the curtain, but if I found out my girlfriend had compiled a CIA level dossier on me complete with a pro/con list I’d be a bit upset.

Licarn posted:

Turns out it's not the violence or the wars that attract sociopaths, it's the spreadsheets.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The Computer Wore Birkenstocks

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Julius CSAR posted:

I saw this one on twitter

Sounds like the dude is perfectly happy with the relationship otherwise. Some people just loving love spreadsheets, you know? Second possibility is that she is a philosophical zombie, like from blindsight, in which case he is dating something that is taking great efforts to look like a caring and loving human, but is just following arbitrary rules they don't understand.

blindsight by Peter Watts posted:

Both of you would've helped me out that day. And maybe he would've got there with good ol'-fashioned empathy while you had to cobble together some kind of improvised flowchart out of surplus parts, but that just makes your accomplishment all the greater. 

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
Update from the Man Who Hates to Stare at Ducks

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Important things like finance, politics, or gaming.

Just shoot him into the goddamn sun and be done with it

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I (F 22) Am an Embarrassment to my Husband (M 23)

quote:

Hello! I can't help but feel unworthy of having my marriage with my husband. When we had first gotten together, he had a friend who would constantly intervene in our relationships, going so far as to fabricate lies about me cheating on my husband (who was my husband at the time). He would go around my husband's place of work, telling people he was only marrying me so he could live off base (my husband is in the military). I've never met this man before in my life, and I can't think of anything that I could've done to have earned that kind of hostility from him. My husband assures me that he's no longer friends with him and that his "pal" had only made up such things because he was upset to no longer have a friend to go partying with. Still, it hurt me quite a bit. He would come home, irritated because of what his coworkers would say on base. This was the first instance where I didn't feel good enough to be with my husband.

Another, of many, was when I was attending a party with my husband. I was nervous as hell -- the people going were a bunch of his coworkers. Dumb as it may sound, I thought this was my time to redeem myself? And in turn make my husband feel less stressed? I was fixing my husband a drink and brought it out into the garage for him when one of our mutual buddies asked if I wanted to do a keg stand. I thought everyone had done it, because everyone was pressuring me into doing it. In all honesty, I'm supposed to be comfortable declining, but I felt like I couldn't say no with all that pressure. So, I did a really quick one. I was barely off the ground. My first and only one, ha. I felt immediate embarrassment having all those eyes on me, and I skirted my way back inside when the attention had shifted elsewhere.

My husband was pissed. He told me that none of the other wives had done the keg stand and that I embarrassed him by participating. I felt so inferior. Yet he told me he, and nearly everyone else, did one? It sounds so childish looking back on it now to be so anxious over this, but knowing that he's embarrassed by me when I do everything I can to make him proud -- cleaning, working, going to school, cooking, being faithful and cherishing him -- hurts. A lot. I love this man to death, but I feel like he was being a bit hypocritical. I had no idea the other wives didn't do that. I would never, ever intentionally do something that I thought may embarrass him. I'm sorry this post is so long. Am I in the wrong here? How can I overcome this sense of shame and embarrassment? And sorry if this is a stupid post, haha.

Thank you for reading!

TL;DR - My husband is embarrassed of me, even though I try my hardest to take care of him and not embarrass myself. How do I get over this shame?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

keg stands are a man's work

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Man when I was in the military a dude’s wife or girlfriend doing a keg stand or beer bong was just kinda SOP at our parties. What an uptight weirdo.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
They're 22 and in the military it's embarrassing that anyone there didn't do a keg stand.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Invisible Clergy posted:

Update from the Man Who Hates to Stare at Ducks

gently caress this guy.

I went to a cider mill with my girlfriend last year and there was a creek behind the mill that was full of ducks.

I was so loving happy, they were pretty chill and let me walk right up to them.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Shared life experiences? Ugh, what is this irrational bullshit you're constantly preoccupied with! I only communicate about important things, like my latest CoD killstreaks.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i'm excited just thinking about those baby ducks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (F 22) Am an Embarrassment to my Husband (M 23)

Someone post that pasta about being an air force wife again. OP clearly hasn't read it.

RubberLuffy posted:

gently caress this guy.

I went to a cider mill with my girlfriend last year and there was a creek behind the mill that was full of ducks.

I was so loving happy, they were pretty chill and let me walk right up to them.
My fiancee gasps when something bad happens to the main character in a movie we're watching even if she's specifically seen it before and knows Marty McFly will be fine. It's adorable. gently caress this guy forever that he's so irony poisoned he can't understand when someone else Experiences an Emotion.