Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Dogs are better than every other animal by a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The Lorde cover of Everybody Wants to Rule The World was in a trailer for something and it was so bad. Like, yes, it’s a song with dark lyrics. When you make it all grim you’re getting rid of the way they contrast with the actual music of the song. Tears for Fears songs seem to get covered that way a lot and it annoys me, I have a weird unironic soft spot for their stuff.

I've heard that cover and yeah its pretty awful, some of her original songs are pretty catchy but I've heard a couple of covers by her that were :wtf:

Mister Facetious posted:

Rick and Morty is a poo poo cartoon.

I watched it randomly on Netflix before all the memes and buzz around it and thought it was funny and very watchable, I laughed my rear end off at the intelligent dogs episode but I had my fill before the end of the first season. I can totally see why someone coming to it with any kind of expectation would be disappointed though.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Defying Gravity is not the best song in Wicked, For Good is.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Maigius posted:

Defying Gravity is not the best song in Wicked, For Good is.

I guess this is the thread for un-Popular opinions

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Therapy doesn’t work, it’s just a trick to take desperate people’s money. It is a decades long scam that we keep falling for because we can’t handle being sad.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"Things people who have never suffered severe PTSD/rape say for $300."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

As someone who wasted 12 years in a variety of therapy yeah, it's largely a scam for a lot of people, but there are circumstances where it's really helpful.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
In general it's pretty good for people to talk, imo. If you don't have anyone to talk to or the subject matter is too sensitive to talk with your friends/family about, then hiring a professional listener is probably good, if only to get someone to talk to and get stuff out there

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
My manager forwards us every episode of Jim from The Office’s Some Good News show, I guess he thinks we will find it inspirational? You guys that poo poo is unwatchable.

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day
Michael Scott is the most overrated character ever written.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yoohoo posted:

Michael Scott is the most overrated character ever written.

wrong, it's bubbles from trailer park boys

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

Rick and Morty is a poo poo cartoon.
I have no idea what the show is like but Rick and Morty fans are so incredibly annoying that I have no desire to find out.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

I'll never understand why anyone thinks Trailer Park Boys is funny.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'll never understand why anyone thinks Trailer Park Boys is funny.

weed helps

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

hawowanlawow posted:

season 1 Bubbles was funny

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'll never understand why anyone thinks any show I don’t think is funny is funny.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

See, this guy gets it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The "tier" ranking system, where games or movies or whatever are ranked god tier, great tier, good tier, and so on, has far more artistic integrity than a numerical ranking system.

The difference between great and good is obviously inexact and subjective. So by using those terms, the tiers system acknowledges the inexact and subjective nature of the entire endeavor of rating art. While a number pretends to be rigid and scientific. If you ask why someone rated something good and instead of great, they'll respond with an argument for why they think the thing is good but not great. If you ask why they rated something 7.6 instead of 7.7, they'll have no choice but to admit that there's really no difference between the two ratings but 7.6 just felt right. The number system breaks down at the slightest resistance

A thing is only in a tier in relation to other things of the same kind. The whole system is based on comparison. A god tier horror movie is only god tier in the tiers of horror movies. You aren't put in the absurd position of giving Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Babbette's Feast the same number rating as if you're judging them by the same merit.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Everyone else's pee is super gross. However, my pee smells fine

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

If I eat spaghettios, my pee smells exactly like spaghettios. Whatever makes spaghettios smell like spaghettios goes right though me, unchanged

phuo: spaghettios are good

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
The only thing British people online like to do more than tell Americans how terrible America is is to ignore their own systematic issues that are just as bad.
America loving sucks, and I'll be the first to admit it, but they sure to love to tell Americans they're all super racist when they're 90% white and they're most beloved politician of the 20th century was Vice-president of the British Eugenics Society and committed genocide against the Indians.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bread and cake are essentially same thing, therefore brownies are the best bread in the world.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hiro Protagonist posted:

The only thing British people online like to do more than tell Americans how terrible America is is to ignore their own systematic issues that are just as bad.
America loving sucks, and I'll be the first to admit it, but they sure to love to tell Americans they're all super racist when they're 90% white and they're most beloved politician of the 20th century was Vice-president of the British Eugenics Society and committed genocide against the Indians.

The British just want to die. As a nation they want to just collapse and be done with it. That's why they love Boris so much, they think he's the one to kill them all.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Hiro Protagonist posted:

You can extend that out to pretty much all of Europe.

Just mention Romani/G*psy and watch them pop a blood vessel and spout some absolutely hateful poo poo that wouldn't have sounded out of place in a 1930s Nazi rally.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

It’s no surprise Europe is one of the worst countries in the United Nations as it counts among its number, yes you guessed it, Bulgaria

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

oldpainless posted:

It’s no surprise Europe is one of the worst countries

More like old mapless.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What day does Brexit happen this year? Think I might try to head to England to catch it this time. Are tickets expensive? Is Scotland in it this year?

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
My unpopular opinion is that oldpainless should be made to explain their dislike of the Bulgarians. This isn’t their first, and probably not their last, post that pointed at Bulgarians as being problematic. Explain yourself oldpainless.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
I have never finished watching a Bon Appetit video.

It’s fairly telling that you never see anyone discuss/praise the actual recipes or techniques in their videos, they just form weird parasocial bonds with the chefs.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ghost emoji posted:

It’s fairly telling that you never see anyone discuss/praise the actual recipes or techniques in their videos, they just form weird parasocial bonds with the chefs.

Who actually watches cooking shows for the recipes?

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Tiggum posted:

Who actually watches cooking shows for the recipes?

I do. But it's also why I watch BA. The bits where they're refining the recipe while cooking is, as far as I'm concerned, part of the instructions. As for the people, it's like a reality show without the pointless drama.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

HairyManling posted:

My unpopular opinion is that oldpainless should be made to explain their dislike of the Bulgarians. This isn’t their first, and probably not their last, post that pointed at Bulgarians as being problematic. Explain yourself oldpainless.

They know what they did!

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
There's lots of problems with the EU and Bulgaria too, but at least both nominees for president of the EU, a position with little power as opposed to the insane system the US has, aren't senile rapists.

I thought we had #metoo? Some people even went to prison. Yet somehow both the current US president and his challenger from the opposing party are both rapists. What a great country you have over there.

doverhog has a new favorite as of 04:21 on May 3, 2020

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

doverhog posted:

There's lots of problems with the EU and Bulgaria too, but at least both nominees for president of the EU, a position with little power as opposed to the insane system the US has, aren't senile rapists.

I thought we had #metoo? Some people even went to prison. Yet somehow both the current US president and his challenger from the opposing party are both rapists. What a great country you have over there.

#metoo has been suspended indefinitely and if you don’t support your party’s chosen rapist you’re throwing your vote away.

Clone Farmer
Aug 28, 2006

ghost emoji posted:

I love watching the Gourmet Makes videos, and seeing common snack foods cause a lady mental break downs weekly. It's a fun roller coaster of emotions.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I mean, yeah. But we are no longer Hegemon. You folks are. And you just copied us and somehow became worse.

My personal unpopular opinion? I don't get why people hate Questionable Content. It doesn't appear to be hurting anyone and, whilst not being high art, seems to be quite a nice little comic.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/Devon_OnEarth/status/1257012462391525377?s=20

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Only people from Connecticut would be this arrogant.

The better call is to make the greater NYC area (cut off parts of Westchester, Southeast CT, and Northeastern NJ for it) its own super-state, and then divide the rest of NJ up into bits for Pennsylvania and Delaware respectively.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

mind the walrus posted:

Only people from Connecticut would be this arrogant.

The better call is to make the greater NYC area (cut off parts of Westchester, Southeast CT, and Northeastern NJ for it) its own super-state, and then divide the rest of NJ up into bits for Pennsylvania and Delaware respectively.

Big states are bad. What's the point of dividing a country into smaller administrative districts if some of those districts are big enough to be a country in their own right? No state should have more than ten million people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Uh oh someone from a tiny little state spotted