Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

BaDandy posted:

Sephiroth was already kind of single minded. This is the guy who actually stayed in a basement for days reading nothing but research books and papers. They keep saying that he has a strong will too and that probably comes with the single mindedness.

Like, realistically speaking, Cloud is the one who had to kill him like three times, once in the mental landscape place in the lifestream. And Cloud was super focused on him the first time around. He was obsessed with researching Jenova because that's the only thing he has a connection to that he knows of, and now it's Cloud, one of the few people left who knew him from before Nibelheim.

I'm wondering if Zack being possibly alive will mess with that dynamic, considering that Zack and Sephiroth were on actually decent terms before Nibelheim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

cloud being so far the only one with jenova cells able to resist their influence probably drives a lot of that motivation

literally every member of SOLDIER has jenova cells and is mostly fine

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

cock hero flux posted:

literally every member of SOLDIER has jenova cells and is mostly fine

where they all at then

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Kitase says no huge plot changes for future parts

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Roche is fine, yes.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Weird BIAS posted:

Roche is fine, yes.

Fine as hell

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

FAUXTON posted:

Fine as hell

I think we should petition Nomura to upgrade Roche to love interest pronto.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Weird BIAS posted:

Roche is fine, yes.

He seems a bit team killy. I mean I understand some people are into that but it's still a little worrying.

The only other named SOLDIER is Kunsel yeah? Stood in a hallway, talked to Zack sometimes? He seemed... functional.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Caidin posted:

He seems a bit team killy. I mean I understand some people are into that but it's still a little worrying.

The only other named SOLDIER is Kunsel yeah? Stood in a hallway, talked to Zack sometimes? He seemed... functional.

Roche only hates cops because they pull him over when he's speeding

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Caidin posted:

If being team killy sabotages his chances of getting laid I get the feeling he'd tone it back.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Flopsy posted:

If being team killy sabotages his chances of getting laid I get the feeling he'd tone it back.

He treats his sex partners like he treats his bike.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

I believe this about as far as I can throw Kitase.

I mean, it's possible, sure, that things will literally go 1:1 with the original game and all the beats exactly the same, but it would be genuine creative cowardice if so.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Jetrauben posted:

I believe this about as far as I can throw Kitase.

I mean, it's possible, sure, that things will literally go 1:1 with the original game and all the beats exactly the same, but it would be genuine creative cowardice if so.

He didn't say it would be 1:1 exactly the same.

quote:

"We’re not drastically changing the story and making it into something completely different than the original. Even though it’s a Remake, please assume the story of FF7 will continue as FF7 always has from here on out."

That basically means, "expect all the major plot beats from FF7", which still allows them to mix things up to a degree. Which is what I've been expecting.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Schwartzcough posted:

He didn't say it would be 1:1 exactly the same.

That basically means, "expect all the major plot beats from FF7", which still allows them to mix things up to a degree. Which is what I've been expecting.
https://aitaikimochi.tumblr.com/post/616804865416527872

here is the full interview with other details

quote:

—If we follow this Remake’s story, then the next installment might have major changes compared to the original, right?

Kitase: I’ve talked about this extensively with Nomura, but I’m sure fans of the original are expecting to revisit familiar locations and scenes, so we have strong feelings to not stray away from that. From here on out, we’re not drastically changing the story and making it into something completely different than the original. Even though it’s a Remake, please assume that FF7 will still be FF7 as usual.

Nojima: For me, I create scenarios that follow the general flow of the original story but with the assumption that the way things are presented or how events occur might be slightly different.

—Lastly, do you have any messages to the fans who have played the FFVII Remake?

Nojima: I’m sure that they had a lot of fun playing it and might have doubts on what will happen from here on out, but please remember those doubts you had since you’ll probably find your answer in future installments.

Nomura: This was a very popular game in the past, and since we are remaking it, the amount of attention it had garnered even before it was released was high, and there are many who voiced their concerns about the game too. However, those concerns did not affect our staff as we put in our all to create this work, and we just hope that people will be interested in it. The base for the Remake has been successfully established with the first installment, so we hope to meet your expectations in the next installment too! However, personally, I think there might be some who think “Since this is the Remake, I don’t need to play the original game anymore and just play the Remake instead,” but I want to prevent people from doing that. The original and the Remake are two separate entities. So even if you play FFVII Remake, I would also like you to play the FFVII original game afterwards as well.

Kitase: In this first installment, I think we were able to figure out the exact direction and shape we would like to take with the FFVII Remake. Within the Remake, many hints were strewn along, and we would like fans to get excited and think about on what exactly will happen in the next installments. The theories posted on the internet do reach us, and I think that type of communication between the fans and us will help in creating a story together for all to enjoy.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
last thing kitase says is interesting. square do seem to pay attention to what fans say and modify their games based on that, post release anyway

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Confirmed Kitase lurks this thread.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
hey kitase here’s a few things is think should be patched

add a scene with them talking about sephiroth

barret: who is this loving guy that stabbed me
cloud: hes in soldier he should be dead...
tifa: *worried face and anime noises*
aerith: the flowers tell me he’s totally evil
red 13: explain when we’ve escaped, we gotta go now

playable red 13 it’ll make the lab section less boring

the second sewer part sucks rear end, less chasing the stupid gremlin thing

increase robot arm speed by 500%

materia loadout

cheers mate

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If they do end up making and paid DLC for this I bet it'll be Red XIII based. They could make him playable during the sections he's present for and add a bunch of combat challenges for him. Maybe a side chapter too but I don't know when or what that could be.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

stev posted:

If they do end up making and paid DLC for this I bet it'll be Red XIII based. They could make him playable during the sections he's present for and add a bunch of combat challenges for him. Maybe a side chapter too but I don't know when or what that could be.

No. I'd expect Zack Bombing Run if ANY DLC and I honestly hope there's none.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I noticed something when replaying Chapter 8. Aerith’s “shortcut” through the highway isn’t shorter at all!

stev posted:

They could show how he got caught I guess.

I’m not sure there’ll be any DLC though. Wouldn’t that just delay the next part?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

RatHat posted:

I noticed something when replaying Chapter 8. Aerith’s “shortcut” through the highway isn’t shorter at all!

It isn't, but it exists to show Cloud there'll be a way through Sector 5 and 6 in the future when Shinra is poking around Wallmarket.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Onmi posted:

It isn't, but it exists to show Cloud there'll be a way through Sector 5 and 6 in the future when Shinra is poking around Wallmarket.

She just wanted to play with the robot hands.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

RatHat posted:

Wasn’t the main point of taking the “shortcut” that they would avoid Wall Market?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Onmi posted:

I wouldn't be surprised by a "here's 100 more VR/Colliseum challenges" DLC, nor would I honestly mind playing that.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Onmi posted:

Yeah, I want them to focus on getting the next installments out rather than DLC at this point.

Agents are GO! posted:

I wouldn't be surprised by a "here's 100 more VR/Colliseum challenges" DLC, nor would I honestly mind playing that.

OK, I would be 100% in board with that. I can't imagine it's a huge effort even if they add different techniques and attacks. But of course I'm not a game dev, so I could be one of those "How hard could it be?" idiots here when it's insanely complicated behind the curtain.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It just occurred to me that there's no ultra difficult optional superboss in this game on the level of the weapons.

Or does Bahamut count as that (I doubt I'll ever bother levlelling up all my magic materia to get to it)? Is it on the same level as the superbosses in other FF games?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I never did all the VR battles stuff but isn't there a really hard final boss fight for doing everything?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

stev posted:

It just occurred to me that there's no ultra difficult optional superboss in this game on the level of the weapons.

Or does Bahamut count as that (I doubt I'll ever bother levlelling up all my magic materia to get to it)? Is it on the same level as the superbosses in other FF games?

I thought the vs. Top Secret mission in the Shinra VR was challenging. Bahamut in that hits like a ton of bricks (which is different than Chadley's challenge for the summon Materia), also Bahamut summons Ifrit so there's that too.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Proteus Jones posted:

I thought the vs. Top Secret mission in the Shinra VR was challenging. Bahamut in that hits like a ton of bricks (which is different than Chadley's challenge for the summon Materia), also Bahamut summons Ifrit so there's that too.

Also you can't use items in that one (you can use items in the regular bahamut fight)

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
One flaw with the remake is that Jenova doesn't have an eyeball on its titty

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Toebone posted:

Yeah lack of eyeball titty is disappointing, but they really nailed that Eldritch Horror Outside of Time and Space vibe.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm really looking forward to vincent because his triangle mode is probably transformations and also because the rest of the cast is going to constantly give him poo poo.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Can you even call it an eldritch horror if it ain't got squid eyeball titties?

Also hey..hey Kitase....upgrade Roche to love interest and make him a party member. Yeah I said it.

(Honestly the reason I love this character so much is because I was already a major fan of his voice actor beforehand and his adorable excitement over the role/crush on Cloud makes me happy for him.)

And hell while I'm listing wishes for content expand Rufus and the Turks plot line and let us play as some of them.

Honestly I'd be down with two perspectives being played in game. One from Shinra and one from Avalanche.

And let Aerith beat Sephiroth's rear end with a folding chair.

....I think that's everything.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Aerith descends from the sky in the Forgotten Capital and plunges a steel chair into the back of Sephiroth’s head.
Sephiroth kneels over, the light quickly leaving his eyes, he dies silently.
Aerith looks up at a shocked Cloud and smirks.
The black materia falls off of Sephiroth’s body and bounces into the waters below as the choir of Those Chosen By The Planet kicks in with perfect timing

Augus fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 30, 2020

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Augus posted:

"HEY SEPHIROTH, WHY DON'T YOU TAKE A SEAT?"
Aerith descends from the sky in the Forgotten Capital and plunges a steel chair into the back of Sephiroth's head.
Sephiroth kneels over, the light quickly leaving his eyes, he dies silently.
Aerith looks up at a shocked Cloud and smirks.
The black materia falls off of Sephiroth's body and bounces into the waters below as the choir of Those Chosen By The Planet kicks in with perfect timing

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Toebone posted:

she does, but it exists in the sixth dimension so we can't perceive it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm going to be upset when Aerith gets dead. I never really cared before outside of "cool thanks for permanently killing my healer, game", but she's definitely my favourite character alongside Barret and it's going to be very trying.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

JBP posted:

I'm going to be upset when Aerith gets dead. I never really cared before outside of "cool thanks for permanently killing my healer, game", but she's definitely my favourite character alongside Barret and it's going to be very trying.

make barret your healer

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Anybody can heal in the OG. Just put the materia on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osd16ILchHs