Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Unoriginal Name posted:

They should, but not you, apparently

Nah, come on. Tell us what conclusive evidence there is that Joe Biden raped Reade.

You don't have any. All you have is a bunch of conflicting accounts from people from Reade's past, each of whom were carefully coached before they talked to the media.

Look, if Reade testifies under oath like Dr. Ford did, I will 100% believe her just like I believed Dr. Ford. So far though, the entire thing looks to have been designed to linger for the longest amount of time without any actual resolution, because whoever is behind the story knows that it will fester amongst both conservatives and disillusioned bernie bros. We are seeing the evidence of the latter in this very thread.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

enraged_camel posted:

"Alleged" rapist. Unless, of course, you believe in guilt before actual proof?

"Alleged" rapist.

It is quite literally incredible how quickly you tankies are willing to accept right-wing propaganda simply because your guy got crushed.

this is bad

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I swear to God I'm not posting under two accounts and doing a bit, I wouldn't be this obvious about it

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

yea, that was what i got in response!

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

enraged_camel posted:

Nah, come on. Tell us what conclusive evidence there is that Joe Biden raped Reade.

You don't have any. All you have is a bunch of conflicting accounts from people from Reade's past, each of whom were carefully coached before they talked to the media.

Look, if Reade testifies under oath like Dr. Ford did, I will 100% believe her just like I believed Dr. Ford. So far though, the entire thing looks to have been designed to linger for the longest amount of time without any actual resolution, because whoever is behind the story knows that it will fester amongst both conservatives and disillusioned bernie bros. We are seeing the evidence of the latter in this very thread.

“I feel like doing x. Should I?” “Yeah”Is all that happened for one guy.
It was dumb for that guy to answer but it does not mean that writer carefully coached every witness.

Especially since we have a witness(plus another possibly)who came independently without Tara asking her.

Rockit fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Apr 30, 2020

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

enraged_camel posted:

Yeah, I’m sure women are just jumping at the opportunity to be the next Dr. Ford :rolleyes:

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

enraged_camel posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Unoriginal Name posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you

Stop dodging and answer the question.

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Stickman posted:

Yeah, I’m sure women are just jumping at the opportunity to be the next Dr. Ford :rolleyes:

Tara is on the record willing to go under oath.
The problem is being able to do that on something past the statue of limitations.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

enraged_camel posted:

Stop dodging and answer the question.

was there a question in your weird denialism?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

and it left enough of an impression that you decided to copy/paste it, evidently

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
like maybe you should.describe what exactly you think #BelieveWomen is all about

i'll give you a hint, it's not court testimony

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

enraged_camel posted:

Now's the part where you tell us how what you've posted here is different from what that friend of yours wrote, even though it's almost verbatim.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Majorian posted:

Now's the part where you tell us how what you've posted here is different from what that friend of yours wrote, even though it's almost verbatim.

look, women are like Armenians, they pretend to have suffered horrible things at the hands of people enraged camel identifies with, just to hurt them, all the time. possibly due to the influence of some malevolent outside power trying to humiliate him.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Unoriginal Name posted:

like maybe you should.describe what exactly you think #BelieveWomen is all about

It's actually about ethics in political journalism.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Rockit posted:

Tara is on the record willing to go under oath.
The problem is being able to do that on something past the statue of limitations.

That's good, but I'm not very optimistic about what would happen to her. I don't like the implication that women need to put themselves through Dr. Ford's ordeal before we'll believe them.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 30, 2020

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

look, women are like Armenians, they pretend to have suffered horrible things at the hands of people enraged camel identifies with, just to hurt them, all the time. possibly due to the influence of some malevolent outside power trying to humiliate him.

i feel like possibly there's some non-racist way you can make this argument, but idk it's DnD in 2020

Raskolnikov38 posted:

this forum would be less tiresome if the facade that liberals care about anything other than getting trump out of office (so that they can go back to brunch) was dropped

You come into a place you literally never post and are making assumptions about what people here believe that have zero basis in reality.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Apr 30, 2020

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

If you think about it

At least Biden keeps the rape and child cages separate, so he might not be as bad as Epstein.

Low bar to clear, but makes u think.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Rockit posted:

“I feel like doing x. Should I?” “Yeah”Is all that happened for one guy.
It was dumb for that guy to answer but it does not mean that writer carefully coached every witness.

Especially since we have a witness(plus another possibly)who came independently without Tara asking her.

Wait there are witnesses now?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Delthalaz posted:

No.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Majorian posted:

That's... pretty straightforward? At the time I had that conversation with said friend, Dr. Ford had already given her testimony under oath, and Kavanaugh's defense had very clear and obvious gaps and contradictions that shed doubt on what he was claiming. That's when the American Bar Association and the Jesuit Magazine came out against Kavanaugh. Which my friend still did not think was good enough, and went on that tirade, and declared that the only evidence he was willing to accept was actual "hard" evidence like a video or a photo showing the assault occurring. So I got frustrated and posted the email that you quoted.

Unoriginal Name posted:

I already described it: believe all women, take their accusations seriously and do your due diligence by investigating thoroughly.

It doesn't mean "believe everything they are saying immediately and without any further question, and start calling the accuser a 'rapist'".

You understand that, don't you?

Stickman posted:

That's good, but I'm not very optimistic about what would happen to her.

O_o what actually think would happen to her?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
To reiterate:

Herstory Begins Now posted:

It appears that a lot of people have confused 'both sides are full of terrible people' (which is an exceptionally true statement about washington politics) with 'both sides are the same on a policy level' (which is an exceptionally stupid statement about washington politics)

If anyone here is actually trying to make the claim that trump's policies are better then oooooooh boy aint that some poo poo

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

They are in Valhalla, Shiny and Chrome.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Delthalaz posted:

Not direct witnesses, but her neighbor (a longtime Biden supporter) came forward a couple days ago and said "Yeah, Tara told me about it in the mid-90's."

enraged_camel posted:

That's... pretty straightforward? At the time I had that conversation with said friend, Dr. Ford had already given her testimony under oath, and Kavanaugh's defense had very clear and obvious gaps and contradictions that shed doubt on what he was claiming. That's when the American Bar Association and the Jesuit Magazine came out against Kavanaugh. Which my friend still did not think was good enough, and went on that tirade, and declared that the only evidence he was willing to accept was actual "hard" evidence like a video or a photo showing the assault occurring. So I got frustrated and posted the email that you quoted.

It really sounds to me like there's no amount of evidence short of a video or a photo of Biden sexually assaulting someone that you will accept.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Apr 30, 2020

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

enraged_camel posted:

O_o what actually think would happen to her?

She'll face death threats, be harassed for years (probably longer), and very likely suffer in her personal and professional life?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

The evidence against Joe Biden seems if anything a little stronger than the evidence against Kav. I mean, in addition to contemporary testimony we have copious video evidence of Joe publicly being an enormous creep to women.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Majorian posted:

It really sounds to me like there's no amount of evidence short of a video or a photo of Biden sexually assaulting someone that you will accept.

enraged_camel posted:

Look, if Reade testifies under oath like Dr. Ford did, I will 100% believe her just like I believed Dr. Ford.

Do you not know how to read, or what?

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Sure is hard picking out which rapist should be president.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Stickman posted:

She'll face death threats, be harassed for years (probably longer), and very likely suffer in her personal and professional life?

Yes, most likely, and I hate that.

But I want to go back to what you said:

Stickman posted:

I don't like the implication that women need to put themselves through Dr. Ford's ordeal before we'll believe them.

So what is your suggestion, then?

Keep in mind that a sworn testimony does not have to be a public spectacle like Dr. Ford's. It can happen behind closed doors, in front of a grand jury (for example).

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1255599243840159747

This devastating. DEVASTATING. I don't know how ol' Donny Trump will recover from this :sad:

:cripes:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Because I am a very enlightened and good poster, I am not asking the rape apologist to elaborate further. Instead I'm just screenshotting these posts for later reposting when they age like the warm piss they are

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

enraged_camel posted:

I do, I just don't believe you, given the tenor of this conversation. You've sounded about as close to a Kavanaugh defender as you possibly could.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Majorian posted:

I do, I just don't believe you, given the tenor of this conversation. You've sounded about as close to a Kavanaugh defender as you possibly could.

Wait, there are people here who are unironically calling Joe Biden a rapist, and you are blaming me for the "tenor" of the conversation?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
This is the weirdest banme I've seen in awhile.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Its weird having a mental breakdown over a sex pest rapist. What a strange hill to die on.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

enraged_camel posted:

Wait, there are people here who are unironically calling Joe Biden a rapist, and you are blaming me for the "tenor" of the conversation?

I really never thought I'd see :decorum: brain demonstrated so plainly.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I really never thought I'd see :decorum: brain demonstrated so plainly.

Right?!

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Lol, the circling of wagons by some posters around Biden in here with regard to his history of sexual assault is so loving pathetic. These shitlibs are so goddamned desperate to be rid of the most immoral president in modern history that they've completely selling out whatever progressive values they claim to have.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

enraged_camel posted:

question: why do you put so much faith in our justice system when it has failed us so many times before? like, there's an example right there that you mentioned as part of your bullshit means-testing demands: dr. ford did exactly that and got worse than nothing for it. why do you feel that tara reade should be subjected to the same before you "believe" her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Or maybe some of us understand that the country as a whole is not cspam and rose twitter and we need to build up a ground movement in the states and locals to change the way that the federal goverment looks. And that electing the orange shithead for 4 more years is going to cost many of us our healthcare and lives and possible start a war because he poo poo himself this morning and blamed (insert asian or middle east country)

For people that progress to be progressive you are wildly unable to look past your own group and ideals. There is more to the world and to this country then the echo chamber you keep your head in. You need to look at the local levels to enact an actual change, and because we don't have a literal propaganda arm in fox news and the koch brothers it builds slowly. We have seen the effects that a buildup and network can cause in Virginia, and it should serve as the bedrock for what we do across the country, not this idiotic and stupid attacking that is going on because people can't comprehend that the majority of the country does not think the way you do.