Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Did no one really take Trump aside and be like, "this is loving embarrassing, what the gently caress is wrong with you? There is a loving painting of Abraham Lincoln behind you, and you are the president of the U.S., serving guests in the White House, FAST FOOD. So again, I ask you, what the gently caress is wrong with you?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

GolfHole posted:

im really tired of this covid thing

Take this negativity elsewhere, this is the thread where bad things are hilarious and good

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No loving joke, I had a gag reflex when watching this.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
So much mayo. Soooooooooo much mayo.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Did no one really take Trump aside and be like, "this is loving embarrassing, what the gently caress is wrong with you? There is a loving painting of Abraham Lincoln behind you, and you are the president of the U.S., serving guests in the White House, FAST FOOD. So again, I ask you, what the gently caress is wrong with you?"

Someone probably did, and was immediately fired by him.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Burt Sexual posted:

Idk wtf this is about, but I had to check out your post,history to see context. Holy 180 Batman lol

i am concerned that we might see a relaxing of standards at meat processing plants due to the executive order that they remain open that could possibly lead to me once again finding a toenail or thumbnail in prepackaged meat

and yeah i thought this was gonna be like the ebola scare at first but i was dead wrong

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pitdragon posted:

i am concerned that we might see a relaxing of standards at meat processing plants due to the executive order that they remain open that could possibly lead to me once again finding a toenail or thumbnail in prepackaged meat

and yeah i thought this was gonna be like the ebola scare at first but i was dead wrong

Ebola's big scary thing is that it has a super high mortality rate right?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Trump burger feast is like the only goofy charming thing he's ever done

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

I said come in! posted:

high mortality rate and there didn't used to be a vaccine for it, plus the particular way it kills you is by basically liquifying your insides

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Bleusilences posted:

Alberta is truly the Montana of Canada.

"Montanada."

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I said come in! posted:

No one will even question a middle-manager at an Arbys, let alone the President.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Ebola is a horrible horrible virus but the one good thing about it relative to this fucker is that you're not infectious until you're super-sick. None of this asymptomatic carrier or ambiguous symptoms bullshit.

A Wild Animal
Dec 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Donald Chump

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Zugzwang posted:

Ebola is a horrible horrible virus but the one good thing about it relative to this fucker is that you're not infectious until you're super-sick. None of this asymptomatic carrier or ambiguous symptoms bullshit.

you can have positive viral loads in your semen after recovery with ebola.

so its a toss up

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001

I said come in! posted:

It got its scary cultural cachet because it was described in The Hot Zone, which was a huge bestselling book, like it came straight out of a death metal song.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

shovelbum posted:

The Trump burger feast is like the only goofy charming thing he's ever done

People will leave empty McDonalds cartons on his grave for the rest of time.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Edit: nothing to do with the coronavirus. I continue to hope I don’t get it!

bort fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 30, 2020

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaFRheiGED0

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

No one will even question a middle-manager at an Arbys, let alone the President.

Karen would question a manager... but she STILL won't question the president apparently.

Big Beef City posted:

There will be no raises, there will be no revolution in working from home, there will be no new attendance policies or service levels.

For serious, I'm an IT person who got my first taste of work from home and I'm about 110% as effective as I was in the office. If they ever insist I come back, I'm straight quitting. They're just gonna have to deal with me never showing up in person again, one way or the other.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

might as well squirt some cooking oil onto a napkin and jam it down your craw

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

lurker2006 fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Apr 30, 2020

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Big Beef City posted:

Here's a picture of them with a different dog.

Look at the dogs face. You tell me what that dog has seen.

Their faces all look slightly off, like someone ran it through Content Aware Scaling but paused the gif after a few frames

Derpies posted:

This is literally the only photo ive ever seen with Trump looking happy too.

Oh is that what his face is attempting? It looks like he stubbed his toe really hard and is trying not to cry.

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues

Big Beef City posted:

Here's a picture of them with a different dog.

Look at the dogs face. You tell me what that dog has seen.

It's like they just took a bunch of individual photos of each family member, composited them together and put it all in front of the first Getty Images result for 'study'.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Why is the daughter holding her mouth slightly open

Why does big Chungus in the back-middle not know how to smile

What happened to the one on the left, what happened to his face

The girl in that picture is Huckabee sanders, right? Good lord, she lost all happiness and delight in her life as she got older

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

In every Huck family photo you will see a dog.

You will never see the same dog twice.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Why didn't they do as second take? If they did, how awful were the other takes? So many questions...

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

I said come in! posted:

No, because he only hires yes men and the whole government and country are complicit in it's upcoming collapse.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It's just a flu, bro

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1255786751651647488

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

sweet thursday posted:

It's crazy the hilarious jokes you come up with when you finally have the time, you know?

yeah i know, right?

like for example

knock knock

who's there?

covid-19

covid-19 who?

um...

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
one of the best things coming out of this is watching blue state people revolting against their lovely authoritarian leaders lmao, reading this thread and all of the brrrr trump and brrrr republicans is just really fascinating.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
btw does anyone else have issues w/ twitter embeds not working? for me it seems to cycle between everything working, then it just loads in the twitter text only and none of the visuals, then it doesn't load the embed at all. then it just starts working again at some point

this is related to covid

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Mozi posted:

btw does anyone else have issues w/ twitter embeds not working? for me it seems to cycle between everything working, then it just loads in the twitter text only and none of the visuals, then it doesn't load the embed at all. then it just starts working again at some point

this is related to covid

Is that on mobile? mobile has never worked right for me. On pc it's all just twiter links

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Mnoba posted:

one of the best things coming out of this is watching blue state people revolting against their lovely authoritarian leaders lmao, reading this thread and all of the brrrr trump and brrrr republicans is just really fascinating.

i'm sorry can you rephrase this in the form of a comprehensible sentence?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

ilmucche posted:

Is that on mobile? mobile has never worked right for me. On pc it's all just twiter links

no i'm on chrome on a pc. doesn't seem related to ublock or that sort of thing

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Mozi posted:

no i'm on chrome on a pc. doesn't seem related to ublock or that sort of thing

Oh, I don't know if I've ever seen twitter embed the whole tweet as opposed to links.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

It’s too bad one of the trucks wasn’t able to refrigerate properly. It’s really putting a lot of pressure on funeral homes and crematories that just aren’t designed to store that many bodies. There’s a particularly big problem with New York simply not having enough crematories at the best of times because you are not allowed to have a crematory that is not attached to a cemetery. Bodies get shipped out of state to be cremated all the time.

Funeral directors have to pay out of their own pocket for the extra body storage they need and they’re taking a huge financial cut due to not being able to make money on things such as funeral services, caskets, etc...

It’s a really rough time for the funeral industry right now, and we don’t even know how dangerous it is to embalm Covid-19 victims. A medical examiner recently died of Covid-19, but it’s unclear if he contracted it from a body he worked on. Cremation is the least risky way to deal with the bodies.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Zero VGS posted:

For serious, I'm an IT person who got my first taste of work from home and I'm about 110% as effective as I was in the office. If they ever insist I come back, I'm straight quitting. They're just gonna have to deal with me never showing up in person again, one way or the other.

yeah they'll just deal with it by hiring someone else after you quit

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Nessa posted:

It’s too bad one of the trucks wasn’t able to refrigerate properly. It’s really putting a lot of pressure on funeral homes and crematories that just aren’t designed to store that many bodies. There’s a particularly big problem with New York simply not having enough crematories at the best of times because you are not allowed to have a crematory that is not attached to a cemetery. Bodies get shipped out of state to be cremated all the time.

Funeral directors have to pay out of their own pocket for the extra body storage they need and they’re taking a huge financial cut due to not being able to make money on things such as funeral services, caskets, etc...

It’s a really rough time for the funeral industry right now, and we don’t even know how dangerous it is to embalm Covid-19 victims. A medical examiner recently died of Covid-19, but it’s unclear if he contracted it from a body he worked on. Cremation is the least risky way to deal with the bodies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wjO1TP_quI

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Nessa posted:

What’s the most risky way to deal with the bodies?

Also :lol: at the idea that even in death, a corpse is still making money for people. So much so, that it is referred to as an industry. How has capitalism not yet created a disassembly line (:smuggo:) set to the tune of Powerhouse for the funerary industry to ensure the most cost effective disposal of American corpses? Surely, there’s a way to monetize that?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
because that's less profitable than selling add-ons and doing whatever the family wants for a commensurate fee

when i die i want my ashes to be made into a slurry and put in one of those golden corral fountains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Mozi posted:

i'm sorry can you rephrase this in the form of a comprehensible sentence?

Mnoba posted:

I can translate! *hands you a picture of a diarrhea*

That's what he said