Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Willo567 posted:

Are game developers in Japan equipped to handle work from home? There was a recent Sakurai Famitsu column where he stated that they were still working on the Smash DLC while teleworking.

i would imagine it depends on whether their employer equipped them to handle work from home, unless japan has some kind of national ministry of telecommuting that i don't know about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Al-Saqr posted:

the link is a 404

I fixed it

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Lonely Mountains: Downhill is coming to switch on the 7th. On the surface it's a mountain biking time trials game, but the way the mountain is designed it almost plays a bit like a platformer with some exploration elements.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

fit em all up in there posted:

Hey if you backed the wonderful 101 Kickstarter and did a physical copy, they’re expecting delays. They are gonna give out steam codes so you’ll still be able to play along with everyone who did digital.

Oh sweet. I’ll take that.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/officialDannyT/status/1255586768327344128?s=19

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

my guy looks choomed out of his gourd, aka the perfect state to enjoy the pressure free atmosphere of animal crossing

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

When I said directs were being delayed because of the virus I was laughed at. This is outrageous.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Yeah I think the very obvious assumption is that the direct is delayed because the games that would go in the direct are delayed, not because Nintendo can't manage to make a video.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

No more Directs but at least Spelunky 2 might release this year. I'm on pins and needles for confirmation of a Switch port.

Also

Yoku's Island Express is on sale again, for the new switch owners in the thread who might not have bought it already.

Hand of Fate 2 is 60% off too, the first one was pretty good so I'm gonna buy it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Afro posted:

my guy looks choomed out of his gourd, aka the perfect state to enjoy the pressure free atmosphere of animal crossing
He's been sober for 50+ years.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
More Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition changes:
  • The Quest screen has been revamped, and information is presented in a clearer way.
  • If you set a Quest as Active Quest, then you will be guided to your destination.
  • You can enlarge the map to get a better look at where you need to go.

• The Colony 6 reconstruction quest has been made more convenient.
  • You can check how much money and what kind of materials you need for reconstruction straight from the Menu screen.

• You can see the Affinity Chart from the Menu screen, seeing details about the various people you’ve met during your journey.
  • Those details are recorded in their Profile.
  • You can see the hours they are active, the places they can be found at, items you can trade with them, and more.

• Fashion Gear allows you to choose what your characters look like at all times.
  • You will keep the stats of the “main” equipment even while wearing different looking gear.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The Silver Snail posted:

No more Directs but at least Spelunky 2 might release this year. I'm on pins and needles for confirmation of a Switch port.

Also

Yoku's Island Express is on sale again, for the new switch owners in the thread who might not have bought it already.

Hand of Fate 2 is 60% off too, the first one was pretty good so I'm gonna buy it.

I would kill for Spelunky 1 on the Switch at this point.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Relic Hunters Zero Remix is on sale for prepurchase, and comes out on 5/7. I enjoyed the game on Steam; it's a fun shooter with couch co-op. I'm looking forward to seeing what updates they've made since the last time I played.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ragequit posted:

• The Quest screen has been revamped, and information is presented in a clearer way.
  • If you set a Quest as Active Quest, then you will be guided to your destination.
  • You can enlarge the map to get a better look at where you need to go.

• The Colony 6 reconstruction quest has been made more convenient.
  • You can check how much money and what kind of materials you need for reconstruction straight from the Menu screen.

• You can see the Affinity Chart from the Menu screen, seeing details about the various people you’ve met during your journey.
  • Those details are recorded in their Profile.
  • You can see the hours they are active, the places they can be found at, items you can trade with them, and more.

• Fashion Gear allows you to choose what your characters look like at all times.
  • You will keep the stats of the “main” equipment even while wearing different looking gear.

A major problem I had with the original is someone's I would take quests and do the objective but then not be able to loving find the questgiver to complete the quest.

It sounds like they've improved that somewhat, but if an NPC has a quest then their active hours should be loving 24 hours

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ragequit posted:

finally, i won't have to move heaven and earth so that sharla can keep more than 15% of her legs covered

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Any game that has items to equip should also have transmog on top.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Some visuals of the new map/quest stuff.

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/1255738656330899456

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

A major problem I had with the original is someone's I would take quests and do the objective but then not be able to loving find the questgiver to complete the quest.

It sounds like they've improved that somewhat, but if an NPC has a quest then their active hours should be loving 24 hours

it’s been a while since I played it but I thought the quests auto-completed? or is that just certain kinds of quests?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

romanowski posted:

it’s been a while since I played it but I thought the quests auto-completed? or is that just certain kinds of quests?

From what I recall, basic fetch quests like "get 5 monkey butts" or whatever auto-completed, but none of the other types did.

It's been like a decade since I last played though.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the way I remember it like 9 out of 10 side quests involved collecting monkey butts and I may have just stopped bothering with side quests altogether as a result

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There are some quests where certain steps are like "Go talk to X" and I couldn't find them

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I did all of the side quests last year when I did my replay of the Xeno series. Most of them are just busy work you accept while you're doing whatever and when you get the 5 bear asses you get a pop up saying "GREAT! Here's your reward."

The new quest stuff should make it a lot easier to find and get them now though, because there's so many of them and some are even timed to specific events (fortunately the game indicates this).

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I was playing the 3DS version and it was kind of rough, I didn't get much farther than the area after Guar plain, colony base something or other. So I'm really looking forward to the new version. Hope I can finish Trials of Mana by then.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I managed to get past the goofy anime characterisation of Xenoblade 2 but it was its chronic BigTown problem that finally did me in.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

What’s a good SD card that’s bigger then 128 gigs ? Looking for more space.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

fit em all up in there posted:

What’s a good SD card that’s bigger then 128 gigs ? Looking for more space.

this is the best value https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-400GB-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B074RNRM2B/

but amazon has a problem with fake memory cards so when you get it, run h2testw on it before you use it to make sure you didn't get a counterfeit with only like 2gb of usable space. if you don't want to spin the amazon warehouse roulette you can go to like best buy or something but they're a lot more expensive there, and they sell slightly different skus so they don't have to price match. above 400gb the price starts to increase a lot faster than the storage so it's not really worth it, and i think the absolute biggest you can get is only 512gb anyway

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
All those changes in Xenoblade are good if a little to vague in what they do

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Weedle posted:

this is the best value https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-400GB-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B074RNRM2B/

but amazon has a problem with fake memory cards so when you get it, run h2testw on it before you use it to make sure you didn't get a counterfeit with only like 2gb of usable space. if you don't want to spin the amazon warehouse roulette you can go to like best buy or something but they're a lot more expensive there, and they sell slightly different skus so they don't have to price match. above 400gb the price starts to increase a lot faster than the storage so it's not really worth it, and i think the absolute biggest you can get is only 512gb anyway

Best buy will price match anything shipped and sold by Amazon and you don't have the counterfeit problem

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Len posted:

Best buy will price match anything shipped and sold by Amazon and you don't have the counterfeit problem

Weedle posted:

they sell slightly different skus so they don't have to price match

best buy (and maybe other brick-and-mortar retailers?) stock micro sd cards have slightly different branding (usually "plus") to the ones sold by amazon so they can get around the price matching clause. sandisk has "ultra plus," samsung has "evo plus," etc.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Newegg has sales once in awhile on cards. I got a 400GB from them for $40 a 2 months ago.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cactus posted:

I managed to get past the goofy anime characterisation of Xenoblade 2 but it was its chronic BigTown problem that finally did me in.

What does that mean

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Weedle posted:

best buy (and maybe other brick-and-mortar retailers?) stock micro sd cards have slightly different branding (usually "plus") to the ones sold by amazon so they can get around the price matching clause. sandisk has "ultra plus," samsung has "evo plus," etc.

I know goons love to shop exclusively online

But no?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0758NHWS8/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_1aZQEbM80QD98

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ultra-plus-256gb-microsdxc-uhs-i-memory-card/6346823.p?skuId=6346823

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
you know why i love to shop online is because when you grow up in hawaii best buy, wal mart, and target all advertise price matching on all their signs and ads, but in store refuse to price match "because this policy only applies to stores in the united states" (:chloe:)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What? This is proving their point.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

amazon:

best buy:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

American McGay posted:

What? This is proving their point.

I can't read

But also the retail drones don't care enough and have price matched for me in the past

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

The White Dragon posted:

you know why i love to shop online is because when you grow up in hawaii best buy, wal mart, and target all advertise price matching on all their signs and ads, but in store refuse to price match "because this policy only applies to stores in the united states" (:chloe:)

Likewise here in Canada they'll often claim that price matching only applies to online retailers that use a .ca address, even though a lot of the Canadian stores use .com.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

'HOLA HHA'

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

I guess I should know by now, but how does Xenoblade Chronicles 2 compare to the first one? I loved, or grew to love, almost everything about the first. The accents, the insane tutorials for systems I never understood, the huge world, the lore, and that giant level 80 gorillas are in the same location as tiny level 1 bunnies. I also loved that gaining even one level meant you were significantly stronger, so it mattered more.

I played through the entirety of XCX but was largely disappointed. Slow, empty world. MMO systems but without any other people. Plot that I didn't care about. Silent protagonist. I did like the giant robots but not enough to excuse the rest.

I know XC2 is extremely anime, but how much does it bleed into everything else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Price matching is extremely ymmv but it's always designed to be anti-consumer.