Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/MattRedmore/status/1255809857493643267

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Hang on.

British journalist media is... bad...?!

Edit: also, what was deleted tweet?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Samovar posted:

Hang on.

British journalist media is... bad...?!

Edit: also, what was deleted tweet?

His next tweet was even worse:
https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/1255762672873869312

(Dunno what the deleted tweet was.)

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

prefect posted:

galaxy o'brien is one of our most combatative broadcasters too lmao

everything in the country is so fake

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

prefect posted:

this is loving enraging augh

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

"the one time my job matters, i won't do it"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

V. Illych L. posted:

We can report on how Johnny Foreigner fails, but Britane?!?!? Heaven forbid!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Deleted tweet was a new Tory MP saying it's ridiculous to talk about the number of deaths

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

people SHOULD be loving frightened
it's like sticking your fingers in your ears and going LA LA LA as if ignoring the bear trying to eat you will make it magically not exist

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

galaxy obrien isn't even some poncy liberal melt, he's the type who considers himself an attack dog journalist hunting for the truth.

and even he is immediately cowed by his own slave mentality the moment any reality loving pierces the viel in this stupid country.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm blocked by him for pointing that out

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Jose posted:

Deleted tweet was a new Tory MP saying it's ridiculous to talk about the number of deaths

https://twitter.com/JEGullis/status/1255795612366315521?s=20
https://twitter.com/JEGullis/status/1255804352771567617?s=20

Hillary 2024 has issued a correction as of 14:11 on Apr 30, 2020

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I was listening to a British podcaster who was guesting on one of my usual shows and he mentioned that in the U.K. there’s this extremely lethal sense of “politeness” regarding the bureaucratic responsibility for COVID deaths. They explained that regardless of your political leanings or loyalties, no one in the whole media sphere is willing to come out and say “Boris really hosed this up and the Tory’s are directly responsible for all these horrible yet easily preventable deaths!”

is this the case?

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Bust Rodd posted:

I was listening to a British podcaster who was guesting on one of my usual shows and he mentioned that in the U.K. there’s this extremely lethal sense of “politeness” regarding the bureaucratic responsibility for COVID deaths. They explained that regardless of your political leanings or loyalties, no one in the whole media sphere is willing to come out and say “Boris really hosed this up and the Tory’s are directly responsible for all these horrible yet easily preventable deaths!”

is this the case?

no, its because the media class is almost entirely tories. they would have no problem doing this if it was another party loving up

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

is this the case?

yeah we've already been through this with the austerity deaths. a report came out suggesting 100,000+ people had died because of huge cuts to social and medical care
but if you bring it up you're a fringe lunatic because if that had really happened someone would do something about it

same with grenfell etc, if you gently caress up bad enough you can't be punished because it'll put the country in a bad light

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
e;fb

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Everything is going to become unimaginably worse, and never get better again

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

prefect posted:

lol isn't this guy a dumb lib who hounded corbyn, nice work
I remember getting his vids recommended on youtube, along with jonathan pie's, at least one of them is loving gone

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Doctor Jeep posted:

lol isn't this guy a dumb lib who hounded corbyn, nice work
I remember getting his vids recommended on youtube, along with jonathan pie's, at least one of them is loving gone

he was Very Concerned about antisemitism and a big pusher of Remain

yuge rear end in a top hat

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
https://twitter.com/huwlemmey/status/1255817355025883138

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I mean it's called the Daily Sieg Heil for a reason. They literally supported the Nazis before WW2 kicked off. They are complicit in promoting racism and xenophobia and encouraging hate crime.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

he was Very Concerned about antisemitism and a big pusher of Remain

yuge rear end in a top hat

ah yes, the videos that were recommended were him by-your-logicking leave callers back in 2016 and then I cleared my history and it stopped, so the next time I saw him a copuple of years later he was melting down over corbyn and immediately went into my "smarmy shithead lib" box
the right wing press is vile but these smear merchants foam the runway for them every time

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
it's november and you're dragged out of your house by your neighbours and shoved in a giant effigy of Captian Tom. Your screams that you'll wear a poppy... all the poppies, next year, falling on deaf ears as they douse it in petrol

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Stoatbringer posted:

Oh he does, but the dunky hasn't been built yet that can restrain his superhuman jitler.

this thread is an education

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Barry Foster posted:

Everything is going to become unimaginably worse, and never get better again

But enough about your posting.

I can't wait to learn next week about how the government messed with the testing figures today to hit their target and no one mention it again.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008
fireworks in our street alongside the clapping for that real Hunger Games feel

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

how could anyone hate this sweet wholesome track suited jam man

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1255947034894483458

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

because of incredible stupidity and intellectual laziness

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

how could anyone hate this sweet wholesome track suited jam man

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1255947034894483458

Is he doing the "bring out your dead" monty python bit?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I know it's from earlier in the day but when everyone is praising Piers loving Morgan of all people as being the rabid pitbull of investigative combat journalism, can we please remember a few things: as editor of the Daily Mirror, he allowed heavily photoshopped pictures of British squaddies torturing Iraqis to run on the front page without checking the veracity of the source; has hounded Meghan Markle into areas that are approaching "creeping racist stalker" territory for the sole reason that she snubbed him at a party once; blamed Raheem Sterling getting a gun tattoo for the increase of knife violence in the inner cities of the UK; threatened to throw himself off Santa Monica pier if Arsenal sold Robin van Persie to Man United

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Gravy Jones posted:

it's november and you're dragged out of your house by your neighbours and shoved in a giant effigy of Captian Tom. Your screams that you'll wear a poppy... all the poppies, next year, falling on deaf ears as they douse it in petrol

https://twitter.com/tompeck/status/1255884138349039616

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Oh that's so good :lol:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I know it's from earlier in the day but when everyone is praising Piers loving Morgan of all people as being the rabid pitbull of investigative combat journalism, can we please remember a few things: as editor of the Daily Mirror, he allowed heavily photoshopped pictures of British squaddies torturing Iraqis to run on the front page without checking the veracity of the source; has hounded Meghan Markle into areas that are approaching "creeping racist stalker" territory for the sole reason that she snubbed him at a party once; blamed Raheem Sterling getting a gun tattoo for the increase of knife violence in the inner cities of the UK; threatened to throw himself off Santa Monica pier if Arsenal sold Robin van Persie to Man United

yeah the point is that hes insanely loving poo poo and a terrible person but is somehow the only media figure willing to break ranks over preventable megadeath
so that paints our media in an even worse light, not him in a better one.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Communist Thoughts posted:

yeah the point is that hes insanely loving poo poo and a terrible person but is somehow the only media figure willing to break ranks over preventable megadeath
so that paints our media in an even worse light, not him in a better one.

Agreed. Nobody except his idiot fans think he's now good, they're more shocked that nae other oval office is questioning the government at this point.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Oh that's so good :lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/pieandbeans/status/1255916158387212288

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
is Allison Pearson the dimmest person in British journalism?

there's some fierce competition out there, but I think she's a contender

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Honestly I doubt she's even in the top 10. There are a huge amount of real dim public schooled adults out there writing articles.

Edit: I was gonna say it was Dan Hannan, but he is less a stupid idiot and more an evil cockroach imo.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

George Galloway will be the next prime minister of those benighted islands. What a fitting fate, to be ruled over by a man who thinks he’s a cat

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

The government is on-track to meet their 100,000 tests a day target, by....including tests that haven't been carried out with kits that haven't been sent.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/story.aspx?storyCode=7027544

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I mean, I really dislike George Galloway as a person but I think I'd be ok with him as PM