Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I really got to post my kids levels tonight. Yesterday he hit me with a hilarious (though extremely primitive) troll level and a gag level after that that had me laughing out loud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I don't know if this is supposed to be the place for entirely random recommendations, but here is a super world that I found just going through the browser in Course World, made by someone who I don't know:

Super McMeaty World
0J2-QHD-7NF

40 levels that are very well made and high quality. I'm about halfway through and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Casey Finnigan fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 30, 2020

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Two of the big mario maker streamers (dgr and carl sagan) ended up randomly playing my level in multiplayer, which surprised the heck out of me when I saw it pop up in a youtube video! I went to my profile to see if they left a like but it doesn't even show they played it. Do multiplayer plays only get recorded in the "multiplayer versus matches played" stat and not the normal list of players?

Also, what makes your level get played in multiplayer? All my levels have like 1 or 2 plays in multiplayer, and that one has 24 plays for some reason.

Norton fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 30, 2020

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Correct. Multiplayer plays aren't real plays.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Norton posted:

Also, what makes your level get played in multiplayer? All my levels have like 1 or 2 plays in multiplayer, and that one has 24 plays for some reason.
People playing the level in multiplayer and voting "i like it"

among with other factors like its difficulty and tags, but basically it's first about getting lucky, and then about having a level suitable for multiplayer.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Thanks guys. I never even thought about how my levels would be in multiplayer. Balancing and designing for multiplayer comes with constraints I hadn't really considered until now.

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
Candy Cruiser - HV3-HB0-QTG - My world needed something besides castle stages and there were all these new parts kicking around. So this one was win-win

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm free. I have 17 new levels in my 8 world game. I'll be putting it up tomorrow (as in literally uploading it) so I'm glad to finally be done with that. I think the difficulty is kinda all over up and down, but I also feel like the levels are all fun enough to keep people entertained.

I want to dive into Goon Made levels but I think I'm going to need to take a Mario break once everything is posted because it's all I've been doing for days when I'm not doing chores or random junk :unsmith: I'd be really, really honored if anyone managed to play it let alone beat it.

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

And More posted:

I've completed your first two worlds, and your levels are a lot of fun to play. They're a lot more challenging than I expected, though, at least for a standard level progression. Particularly the aggressive fish in rising/falling water and the icey dropping platforms in an autoscroller were very tricky. I like that you make optional rooms actively puzzle-y/challenging, but I kinda doubt many people will try to do them more than once.

Forktoss posted:

Thanks for this! I've seen these in the thread, but I never got around to playing them all in order. Some stages are maybe a bit long for my tastes, but overall they have been really good so far. Well done!

Thanks! Yeah, one of the reasons I wanted to add challenge rooms was to force myself to trim levels and re-use ideas that were too difficult for the main stage.

And heard on difficultly progression. At least I can say it evens out around world 5 :banjo:

Also, I left some comments on some of y'alls worlds! Malefic Mire was a lot of fun - I really liked the last stretch.

Maxxim
Mar 10, 2007

You're overcome by an indescribably odd sensation...!
I saw the new update and felt like making a level.

Lemmy's Laser Lair 9XQ-X7Q-6WG

I planned for it to be on the harder side of things, but I don't really know where it ended up difficulty wise. It's much easier for me to tell when it's straight platforming.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Who is Weird Gay?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

punk rebel ecks posted:

Who is Weird Gay?

John Waters.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

well tonberi, it took 200 deaths and all my switch's battery, but your poison frog course now has a clear, leaving it at a 0.25% clear rate.

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

Phantasium posted:

well tonberi, it took 200 deaths and all my switch's battery, but your poison frog course now has a clear, leaving it at a 0.25% clear rate.

:frogc00l: Congratulations and thanks for sticking it through, hope it was fun!

Maxxim posted:

I saw the new update and felt like making a level.

Lemmy's Laser Lair 9XQ-X7Q-6WG

I planned for it to be on the harder side of things, but I don't really know where it ended up difficulty wise. It's much easier for me to tell when it's straight platforming.

This was a little tight, but the coins showed the proper path and it was a lot of fun!

tonberi fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 1, 2020

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Made my first autoscroll and first airship level, intended for the end of a future world. I'm proud of the boss fights, have no idea how to evaluate the rest.

Dropship Danger
F62-01F-MCG

If it sucks I have no problem revising so let me know.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Made my first autoscroll and first airship level, intended for the end of a future world. I'm proud of the boss fights, have no idea how to evaluate the rest.

Dropship Danger
F62-01F-MCG

If it sucks I have no problem revising so let me know.

I got the first clear! Yeah, it's definitely pretty tough, and the section before the first checkpoint was a little long. The boss fights are clever, and they're tough too. Getting hit by a stagger while on the conveyor belt during the first boss fight could be disastrous, so it kept me on my toes! The main part of the level seemed a little slow. Did you try the faster scrolling settings, maybe with fewer enemies?

Edit: If you decide to revise it, another note: there was a spiny shell which fell on me from out of sight in the first part of the level, just as you start to go up. If possible, try to avoid dangers that you can't see coming. And have fun designing!

DorianGravy fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 1, 2020

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

DorianGravy posted:

I got the first clear! Yeah, it's definitely pretty tough, and the section before the first checkpoint was a little long. The boss fights are clever, and they're tough too. Getting hit by a stagger while on the conveyor belt during the first boss fight could be disastrous, so it kept me on my toes! The main part of the level seemed a little slow. Did you try the faster scrolling settings, maybe with fewer enemies?

I did not! I'll give that some test runs.

Maxxim
Mar 10, 2007

You're overcome by an indescribably odd sensation...!

Just finished playing through your levels. Wrote down whatever quick thoughts I had about each:

Forgotten forest
Platforming was good, and I liked how you made use of multiple levels. The water was a bit strange since there was really only one solid place to get back up if you fell in, and it was quite far back in the level.

--

High noon
A bit high on the boss density - it didn’t seem necessary to have two (and also boom boom hanging out). The constant key door -> pipe transitions seemed a bit jarring, I think you could’ve reduced the number if you moved certain sections to the sub world. What was the point of the p switch? Aside from removing platforms ahead of you it didn’t seem to do much.

Probably could’ve used a checkpoint after the first boss.

--

Acrobat forest
Was a bit long for no checkpoints - after the mole key section would’ve been good. It wasn’t much of a forest (I didn't see any trees), but it worked as a sky level. You did well with indicating where to go; I don’t think I had any leaps of faith

Similar to the previous one, I think both key sections detracted from the level pace and it would’ve been just as good a level (or better) if those sections were skipped.

--

Escape from ghost house
The dead end after jumping along the platforms (right before the boo ring) was a rude death. Other than that, things worked pretty well, though waiting for the platforms was a bit slow. Gotta go fast.

Was there a proper way to kill bowser at the end, or is damage boosting the way to go? As a side note, I’m not really a fan of necessary items (shoes) coming out of blue pipes - ther're so slow and I’m impatient.

--

Chutes and ladder
Cute idea for a theme. Here’s a shocker: wasn’t a fan of having two boss fights. The pokey one was pretty good - it fit well with the theme. I would’ve moved the pokey to Bowser Jr's spot and have no mid boss.

At the beginning of the level if you go off to the right you can manage to see the mid point and the pokey boss arena. If you draw a vertical line of ground that covers the entire column that’ll force the scrolling to stop and the camera won’t show it to you. Figured that might be useful if you want to keep that stuff hidden.

There was a gap next to the first check point and you could fall down all the way to the pipe past the second checkpoint. I can't tell if that's an accident or an easter egg. Or both.

--

Bad bros of winterland
The fight gets pretty trivial if you manage to spin jump on top of them, but otherwise reasonable boss fight.

--

Larry’s lair
Way too chaotic for my taste - ended up just being a game of “keep grabbing the fireflower and use invincibility frames”

--

Trouble in winterland
I liked it! The bloopers felt a bit out of place, but maybe that’s just my historical bias of seeing them in water and sky levels.

--

Mt wart
Felt a bit weird that the mechakoopa was the boss at the top - spike seems a lot more wart-like. The climb was good.

--

Snowfall hills
Too many enemies for my tastes - basically just damage boosted through the whole thing.

--

Ludicrous Lemmy
I was a bit confused trying to figure out the intended way to beat him. Throw snowballs, throw mechakoopas, or bounce on his head? Climb the mechakoopas to toss an object or bounce on the ball? Jump up and go around behind him or stay down by the original pipe?

Was a decent challenge and was much easier if you were patient; which makes it a pretty good boss fight (just a rough one for speed running)

--

Hillside invasion
Liked the platforming. A couple of times I tossed the giant red mechakoopa into the pit by accident, and then you don't get the key. Wasn't a huge issue since there was a checkpoint right there, but felt a little odd.

--

The Blue Wizard's Jungle Gym
I just stood above the door and nothing hit me. I liked the concept of partial checkpoints since you could drag the mechakoopas up if you had trouble.

--

No Man's Land
I guess I'm a bit of a broken record at this point: boss fight etc.

Platforming was good, but overall it felt a bit quick.

---

Overall/summary: We clearly disagree about the importance of boss battles. Not a huge deal, just not my cup of tea. I liked most (all?) of your platforming sections, and your level decoration/aesthetics definitely got better as you got more experienced. This is also somewhat personal preference, but I'd suggest making use of the scroll stop more by filling in a complete vertical line. You tend to have a lot of level transitions (usually due to the boss battles), so I'm left thinking "what's over that way?" - I think it'd be more clear that you must transition now if you had the scroll stops.

That said, I like being able to occasionally skip a section or two by jumping across the gap so maybe leave it as-is.

tonberi posted:

This was a little tight, but the coins showed the proper path and it was a lot of fun!
Thanks! That sounds about in line with what I was hoping.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Maxxim posted:

Just finished playing through your levels. Wrote down whatever quick thoughts I had about each:

I was wondering who the guy was that got all of the speed records!

Maxxim posted:

Forgotten forest
Platforming was good, and I liked how you made use of multiple levels. The water was a bit strange since there was really only one solid place to get back up if you fell in, and it was quite far back in the level.

--

High noon
A bit high on the boss density - it didn’t seem necessary to have two (and also boom boom hanging out). The constant key door -> pipe transitions seemed a bit jarring, I think you could’ve reduced the number if you moved certain sections to the sub world. What was the point of the p switch? Aside from removing platforms ahead of you it didn’t seem to do much.

Probably could’ve used a checkpoint after the first boss.

--

Acrobat forest
Was a bit long for no checkpoints - after the mole key section would’ve been good. It wasn’t much of a forest (I didn't see any trees), but it worked as a sky level. You did well with indicating where to go; I don’t think I had any leaps of faith

Similar to the previous one, I think both key sections detracted from the level pace and it would’ve been just as good a level (or better) if those sections were skipped.

--

Escape from ghost house
The dead end after jumping along the platforms (right before the boo ring) was a rude death. Other than that, things worked pretty well, though waiting for the platforms was a bit slow. Gotta go fast.

Was there a proper way to kill bowser at the end, or is damage boosting the way to go? As a side note, I’m not really a fan of necessary items (shoes) coming out of blue pipes - ther're so slow and I’m impatient.

These were all very early levels. As you've noticed I began adding checkpoints and had less jarring transitions since. Of all these my favorite is Acrobat Forest.

Maxxim posted:

Chutes and ladder
Cute idea for a theme. Here’s a shocker: wasn’t a fan of having two boss fights. The pokey one was pretty good - it fit well with the theme. I would’ve moved the pokey to Bowser Jr's spot and have no mid boss.

At the beginning of the level if you go off to the right you can manage to see the mid point and the pokey boss arena. If you draw a vertical line of ground that covers the entire column that’ll force the scrolling to stop and the camera won’t show it to you. Figured that might be useful if you want to keep that stuff hidden.

There was a gap next to the first check point and you could fall down all the way to the pipe past the second checkpoint. I can't tell if that's an accident or an easter egg. Or both.

Didn't know about the gap thing. I personally like the boss battles, but as you notice I replace the usual two with one instead.

Maxxim posted:

Bad bros of winterland
The fight gets pretty trivial if you manage to spin jump on top of them, but otherwise reasonable boss fight.

I really like this fight. But yeah I go back and forth whether or not to put them as a "mid-boss" or a "final boss" in my world map. Currently they are a final boss, but I think they are just a tad bit too easy. But on the other hand the clear rate says otherwise.

Maxxim posted:

Larry’s lair
Way too chaotic for my taste - ended up just being a game of “keep grabbing the fireflower and use invincibility frames”

You have to jump on Larry's head to kill him. The fireflower is for the wizards. I don't think I will use this boss fight in my map. I love the concept but the execution is off. I'll probably do another version of it.

--

Maxxim posted:

Trouble in winterland
I liked it! The bloopers felt a bit out of place, but maybe that’s just my historical bias of seeing them in water and sky levels.

Thanks!

Maxxim posted:

Mt wart
Felt a bit weird that the mechakoopa was the boss at the top - spike seems a lot more wart-like. The climb was good.

The lore is that the Spoke is Wart's half son, but he is too scared to fight Mario headon, so he sends his "pet" mechakoopa to attack him while he tries to throw Mario of the cliff from afar.

Maxxim posted:

Snowfall hills
Too many enemies for my tastes - basically just damage boosted through the whole thing.

Yeah, I just liked throwing snowballs at things.

Maxxim posted:

Ludicrous Lemmy
I was a bit confused trying to figure out the intended way to beat him. Throw snowballs, throw mechakoopas, or bounce on his head? Climb the mechakoopas to toss an object or bounce on the ball? Jump up and go around behind him or stay down by the original pipe?

Yes.

Maxxim posted:

Was a decent challenge and was much easier if you were patient; which makes it a pretty good boss fight (just a rough one for speed running)

I was worried that this would be too challenging. But apparently people aren't have that much of a problem with it.

Maxxim posted:

Hillside invasion
Liked the platforming. A couple of times I tossed the giant red mechakoopa into the pit by accident, and then you don't get the key. Wasn't a huge issue since there was a checkpoint right there, but felt a little odd.

It's a very annoying thing with this game. A lot of enemies you have to kill them a certain way to get the key.

Maxxim posted:

The Blue Wizard's Jungle Gym
I just stood above the door and nothing hit me. I liked the concept of partial checkpoints since you could drag the mechakoopas up if you had trouble.

That is very surprising. I was worried that it was going to be too hard since I have to retry this a lot at times. And yeah the "partial checkpoints" is the key. If you focus on hitting the first mechakoopa on the head and then tossing it out of the ring first, then the rest of it is a near cakewalk.

Maxxim posted:

No Man's Land
I guess I'm a bit of a broken record at this point: boss fight etc.

Platforming was good, but overall it felt a bit quick.

Yeah. The "gimmick" is that you don't get any powerups or checkpoints. So it's a "short but sweet with a lot of margin for error" type of level.

Maxxim posted:

Overall/summary: We clearly disagree about the importance of boss battles. Not a huge deal, just not my cup of tea. I liked most (all?) of your platforming sections, and your level decoration/aesthetics definitely got better as you got more experienced. This is also somewhat personal preference, but I'd suggest making use of the scroll stop more by filling in a complete vertical line. You tend to have a lot of level transitions (usually due to the boss battles), so I'm left thinking "what's over that way?" - I think it'd be more clear that you must transition now if you had the scroll stops.

That said, I like being able to occasionally skip a section or two by jumping across the gap so maybe leave it as-is.

Thank you so much for the feedback and for playing my levels! Glad you enjoyed them!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I wanted to make a world using every spot open to me, but I didn't want to just throw up a bunch of old unrelated levels and call it a day- so I set out to make as many new courses as I could before my creativity died out. I put Animal Crossing mostly on hold and spent a LOT of my time trying to think of fun stage layouts and now that I'm done- boy do I not suggest a creative marathon to anyone else :v:

What you're about to get is some of my old stages that I still have a soft spot for. Some new ones that tinkered with the brand new update stuff. And a whole lot of brand new classic styled levels. Difficulty is kind of sporadic but I stopped stressing about it once I was told that game overs hold absolutely no meaning- so some stages are tougher than others but hopefully they're all around the same level.

Here's my big project :shobon:

Master List with all the codes

World - 1
Spike Top Sanctuary
Roys Mania Mine - NEW ( NST - J5K - JDF )
Cloudy Climb
Bonus: Rocket Ride - NEW ( 4DF - TD5 - SHF )
Wound Up Wendy - NEW ( 69Y - 8CQ - Y9G )

World - 2
Banshee Bog
Mario's Treetop Terror
Wiggler Woods - NEW ( 3F6 - T87 - 81H )
Jungle Crawl
Lava Piranha's Inferno Isle

World - 3
The Tomb of Lau Cleer
Cliff Climbers - NEW ( FDT -J2L - YWF )
Windswept Wasteland
Disco Desert
Mole Patrol Castle

World - 4
Green Gardens
Pipe Plaza
Canonball Canyon - NEW ( 73N - 3DT - 1FF )
Thin Air Dare - NEW ( HT3 - V0S - 3DG )
Lemmy's Molten Mushroom Base - NEW ( 52Q - QFX - HYF )

World - 5
The Cold Crossing
Snowball Blur - NEW ( KLP - TB1 - 94G )
Blizzard Bluff - NEW ( 5XR - QJ2 - MPG )
Crushed Ice Cave
Ice Over Oven - NEW ( RKR - WVB - NKG )

World - 6
Bone-Chill Blitz - NEW ( HMX - 004 - W1H )
The Black Tower
Coral Caverns - NEW ( 52N - WJ4 - 1PF )
Glitter Rock Gulch - NEW ( HY5 - 6D1 - XSG )
The Demon Lords Castle

World - 7
Mask Mayhem - NEW ( SJ6 - 1F3 - GQG )
The Turtles of Lava Lake - NEW ( 9SG - 327 - 5PF )
Ludwigs Lava Lift Lair. - NEW ( YV6 - 148 - 6XF )
Cosmic Crusher
Meowser's Big Battle

World - 8
Starlight Harbor
Starlight Falls
Starlight Sands
Starlight Drifts
Starlight Carnival

I ended up having to redo Wigglers Woods as despite thinking it was average it somehow had a 100% clear rate with 4 plays. I have no idea how that happened but hopefully it presents a better challenge now as I've never seen that happen before :v:

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I ended up having to redo Wigglers Woods as despite thinking it was average it somehow had a 100% clear rate with 4 plays. I have no idea how that happened but hopefully it presents a better challenge now as I've never seen that happen before :v:

I was the 4th player on that, haha. I saw it with the 100% clear rate & didn't want to break the streak when I played it last night. The only reason it's so high is probably because other goons from here follow you & cleared it with ease. Given how terrible 90% of the player base actually is, I'm sure the clear rate would drop dramatically over time.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Palmtree Panic posted:

I was the 4th player on that, haha. I saw it with the 100% clear rate & didn't want to break the streak when I played it last night. The only reason it's so high is probably because other goons from here follow you & cleared it with ease. Given how terrible 90% of the player base actually is, I'm sure the clear rate would drop dramatically over time.

Well fair, I guess it's just a bit harder now. Nothing too crazy but a bit more dangerous :shobon:

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Squirrely Skewer Spire

KDB-M3G-BDG

Become one with the squirrel suit & climb the spire. Don't get skewered on the way up! Who knew that squirrels can climb conveyor belts.

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

I've been playing entirely too much Super Quickie World, and went a little far with my next world... The idea is each stage is a few sets of three or four difficult challenges strung together.

634-PNP-68G - Super Totopi World

World 3: Skyzo Land
Sinister Skyway - 50W-MDT-JQG Use the cape to do a few tricks to complete this stage! A few hints: if you are flying and get hit, you can get invincibility frames. If you have flight speed and do a spin jump, you will stay stuck to any safe ceilings. If you spin jump on a regular turn-block, it will break. Up pipes are the best! Also, turtles in upside down shells do funny things. But beware, there is one "shell jump" at the end of this stage.
P's Cannon - TN2-LRP-9FF Use the cannon balls wisely to cross the first gap, and then bounce off of blasta mechakoopa shells for a while until another fantastic up pipe, which will take you to another section with some timed cannon ball jumps and the p balloon! What a fantastic item that is. Also oops I forgot to put any real reward at the harder to reach door at the end, uhhh pat yourself on the back if you make it there I guess? I mean, genius troll, yes that's it.
Cloud Corruption - MY8-VYK-SXG Normal jumps are boring, you should hold down when you jump to crouch. Also monty mole makes a come back here. Red coins are optional, but worth it. Oh yes, and, up pipe.
Roy's Ravagers - KGW-CMX-SBG Infiltrate Roy's airship and destroy him! While this is probably the easiest stage out of all of these, the koopaling battle is more terrifying than any koopaling fight I have made before!
Timefall - FWM-SGN-FHG Older stage that fits the theme so I'm using it as the shortcut. Good luck, Sam!

These stages are all extremely difficult, but they can be completed. Good luck!

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 5 PM PDT/8 PM EDT. I tried to get one level from everyone, but I did have to cut the list at some point, so I'll try to grab everything else on Monday. Of course, if you don't want to wait that long feel free to drop by and submit a level!

https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

1.Lemmy's Laser Lair
By: Maxxim 9XQ-X7Q-6WG

2. Some Cloud Level
By: Rupert Buttermilk MKN-H73-0BG

3. Why Do Fools Fall in Lava?
By: Lord Hydronium WW1-SHN-JBG

4. Morton's Siking Citadel
By: Darth Nat K40-2VT-X1H

5. The Stormy Old Armada
By: DorianGravy 9VH-RS5-2KF

6. toss and ride
By: Mooseontheloose PQ6-75F-PKG

7. Hammer Bro's Bad Business:
By: And More HY1-G1T-8VG

8. Micro World Returns!
By: Phantasium 5QJ-QCM-JQF

9. Fryin' Up
By: Gnome Enthusiast DR4-Y44-PWG

10. Galoomba Gardens Ghost House
By: Dog Nougat 44P-F5B-2MG

11. Larry's Lair
By: Punk Rebel Ecks QFY-78F-FPG

12. Ludwig's Lakeside Lair
By: Amppelix 67G-7DY-XDF

13. Headwear Havoc
By: Suspicious Cook V37-97N-MKF

14. Arctic Mole Assault Team
By: John Wick of Dogs D0Y KBW 52H

15. Boomerang Buttons
By: Orange Crush Rush 4VB-DSY-7XG

16. Passing Peaks
By: ThisIsACoolGuy BRF-1TX-SFG

17. 2-2 Miniboss Manor
By: Obama 2012 82R-FN6-9HG

18. Dropship Danger
By: Haschel Cedricson F62-01F-MCG

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I love that three people had the genius idea to alliterate the koopalings' names with lair... and we all chose a different koopaling!

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And we're live! Here: https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And stream complete! thanks to everyone who hung out with us tonight, it was quite a bit of fun!

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/608567578

Levels Played:

1.Lemmy's Laser Lair 00:20:00

2. Some Cloud Level 00:34:00

3. Why Do Fools Fall in Lava? 00:45:15

4. Morton's Siking Citadel 00:59:00

5. The Stormy Old Armada 01:07:00

6. toss and ride 01:18:30

7. Hammer Bro's Bad Business 01:42:00

8. Micro World Returns! 01:59:45

9. Fryin' Up***

10. Galoomba Gardens Ghost House 02:18:45

11. Larry's Lair 02:33:45

12. Ludwig's Lakeside Lair 02:40:45

13. Headwear Havoc 02:51:30

14. Arctic Mole Assault Team 03:05:40

15. Boomerang Buttons 03:11:00

16. Passing Peaks 03:17:30

17. 2-2 Miniboss Manor 03:28:00

18. Dropship Danger 03:42:30

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

OneMoreTime posted:

And stream complete! thanks to everyone who hung out with us tonight, it was quite a bit of fun!

Levels Played:

1.Lemmy's Laser Lair 00:20:00

2. Some Cloud Level 00:34:00

3. Why Do Fools Fall in Lava? 00:45:15

4. Morton's Siking Citadel 00:59:00

6. toss and ride 01:18:30

7. Hammer Bro's Bad Business 01:42:00

8. Micro World Returns! 01:59:45

9. Fryin' Up***

10. Galoomba Gardens Ghost House 02:18:45

11. Larry's Lair 02:33:45

12. Ludwig's Lakeside Lair 02:40:45

13. Headwear Havoc 02:51:30

14. Arctic Mole Assault Team 03:05:40

15. Boomerang Buttons 03:11:00

16. Passing Peaks 03:17:30

17. 2-2 Miniboss Manor 03:28:00

18. Dropship Danger 03:42:30

Thanks a ton for playing Some Cloud Level! There are actually a few more secrets you missrd, but that's ok, I kind of packed them in there. Also, to get to the door, there are invisible blocks on the other side of that grey tower to help you up; when designing it, I didn't even think about using the hammer bro as a way to access there, so thanks for that!

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

OneMoreTime posted:

Levels Played:

Thanks for playing my level! It's always good to see how things handle in the hands of someone new. When I was making the stage, I considered removing the POW block once I released it could one-shot the boss, but I decided that was fine. Now I'm really glad I kept it in, since people seemed to enjoy it.

For other people looking for feedback, seeing someone like OneMoreTime playing your level is great! (Although, keep in mind that OneMoreTime is much better than a lot of MM2 players, and some stuff that he gets through fine might frustrate other players.)

DarkLich posted:

Heck yeah, more Mario to play!

I've put all 32 SMV levels into their 8 respective worlds, which you can access with the above code! 4G4-S5H-LRF

These are the stages I released several months back, but they're all connected now for a seamless experience. Whether you're playing for the first time, or going back to collect the challenge coins, I hope you enjoy!

As part of building the world, I noticed I had about eight slots unused. Seems like a perfect excuse to build bonus stages for each of the 8 worlds!

Any interesting combinations you've discovered with the new toys yet?

I just beat world 6! That world 6 boss gave me some trouble, but I'm really enjoying myself so far. The last level of world 6 make me think of some kind of Dr. Eggman fortress. Despite some levels being a little on the long side (like someone else said), this is really, really good! The challenge is pretty much just right, and levels are varied and fun. The tilted lighthouse one was probably my favorite so far, probably because I enjoy a strong sense of location in levels. I'll come back for the later worlds at some point, but want to check out some other folks levels for now.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

My world now has two worlds!

RBK-FCF-3MF

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

punk rebel ecks posted:

My world now has two worlds!

There’s got to be a better name for this.

Super Mario World has 7 main worlds and 2 bonus worlds.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

there is a better name, nobody just wants to type out the full Super World

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Icy what's happening here. Let the power of cold, hard cash lift you up in:

Frozen Assets
3FL-3DQ-Y6G

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 2, 2020

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I wanted to make a world using every spot open to me, but I didn't want to just throw up a bunch of old unrelated levels and call it a day- so I set out to make as many new courses as I could before my creativity died out. I put Animal Crossing mostly on hold and spent a LOT of my time trying to think of fun stage layouts and now that I'm done- boy do I not suggest a creative marathon to anyone else :v:

What you're about to get is some of my old stages that I still have a soft spot for. Some new ones that tinkered with the brand new update stuff. And a whole lot of brand new classic styled levels. Difficulty is kind of sporadic but I stopped stressing about it once I was told that game overs hold absolutely no meaning- so some stages are tougher than others but hopefully they're all around the same level.

Here's my big project :shobon:

I'm playing through your world, and I just braved the deadly tomb of Lau Cleer, and I'm feeling all adventurous, and then there's a gift shop at the end!? It's like if, just after collecting some artifact from a dangerous tomb, Indiana Jones exited through a family restaurant. It made me smile. Nice level, and great worlds so far.

A question for everyone: when you get an idea for a level, what's the inspiration? Do you start with a particular set of challenges, a particular enemy you want to experiment with, a setting you want to develop, a story, or something else?

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

OneMoreTime posted:

I was at work so I couldn't drop by, but thanks for playing my level. :hfive:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Man this new update is awesome. I haven’t played since around launch so I wasn’t even sure what’s new and what’s just been added but so much cool new stuff. The world stuff is great, basically an in-game way to do playlists finally

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What kind of notifications do you get with the worlds? Does it tell you if someone has beaten one, or is it just the regular individual level notifications?

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

What kind of notifications do you get with the worlds? Does it tell you if someone has beaten one, or is it just the regular individual level notifications?

You don't exactly get "world" notifications, but you can generally tell how many people went through different parts of your world by looking at your level notifications. I think I'm getting most of my plays nowadays through my world.

Also, if you start playing your own world, you can press X to see Ninjis scattered around your map. From looking at how these are distributed, I think they indicate how many people stopped playing on or after a given level. I have the highest numbers on my first level and my last level--I guess that many of the people who liked my first level kept going to the end, while other people left after the first. This seems useful to know: if you have high numbers on one of the late levels (other than the last one), this might mean that level was too hard or less enjoyable, and people gave up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

Fryin' Up - D4R-Y44-PWG - How many times have I posted this one? I forget. Anyway, some of you probably haven't played it and if it's going to go in the thingie than I felt it needed a few tweaks.

This should've said "D4R" instead of "DR4", I regret the mistake please understand, ect.