Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

Work put up an inspirational message.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Phi230 posted:

I feel like storming government buildings and potentially shooting politicians is fundamentally different than something like charlottesville but I'm busy and don't wanna devote too much time to that idea

agreed, but Charlottesville definitely taught them that they can storm government buildings and threaten to shoot politicians

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

yeah i guess and that might be their goal but each time they try these shows of force it backfires in their face - in charlottesville in 2017 and since. each time, it buoys these vaguely liberal, national-security associated types moreso than antifa or whatever. i think it's part of a strategy of tension.

it didn't really backfire for the bundy clan. i mean they got prosecuted for a while and that one supreme dumbass got himself shot but most of them walked, right?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ChristsDickWorship posted:

it didn't really backfire for the bundy clan. i mean they got prosecuted for a while and that one supreme dumbass got himself shot but most of them walked, right?

a lot of them have minor trump admin positions lmao

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

whats is happening tomorrow ??

Apr 7, 2003

Impkins Patootie posted:

trump

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Impkins Patootie posted:

TROMUP

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

holy gently caress

No kidding, my country has a few million more people and about 250 deaths. Like total YTD lol. Good job.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

gonna own when like a dozen chud gunmen storm a state capitol, execute the governor, then get pardoned by trunp

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

blatman posted:

I mean, if you think other countries are going to trust those travelers to maintain quarantine, sure, but given how people are going full idiot over having to grow out their hair an extra quarter-inch while they binge FRIENDS reruns I don't see anyone trusting America ever again (dunno about Sweden though)

lol ofc we wouldn't trust them - we'll lock up anyone traveling from a hot country in a hotel room when they get here

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Charun posted:

quick rest of world q-

once this all dies down, and the virus is endemic to only the USA and Sweden, we'll just quarantine anyone coming from one of those countries for 14 days right? otherwise everything's pretty much back to normal?

France has all but openly declared its intentions to sacrifice its population for the economy. European countries are handling it better than the US but it doesn't seem like they actually have the stomach to see this thing through either

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

shovelbum posted:

a lot of them have minor trump admin positions lmao

pretty sure i remember someone finding connections to the vegas sniper too, but it might be hard to avoid a bundy connection as a gun nut in nevada

Apr 7, 2003

Spoondick posted:

gonna own when like a dozen chud gunmen storm a state capitol, execute the governor, then get pardoned by trunp

The GOP is a top down organization, no messages are disseminated by accident and Fox News pushes the message out to the voters. They’re pushing the “democrats are illegitimate” message and have been for months, and it doesn’t take a stretch to figure that’s what they’re pushing towards.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Paradoxish posted:

France has all but openly declared its intentions to sacrifice its population for the economy. European countries are handling it better than the US but it doesn't seem like they actually have the stomach to see this thing through either

It's not a lack of stomach, it's a desire for an immiserated and sick working class. The depression will be worth it to head of the gains we were starting to see in wages in some sectors due to low unemployment in the past year or so. The like total solution to this was a 1-2 month full lockdown followed by track/trace, some social distancing measures, and potentially a short recession. We would be done with this by now, no "strong stomach" required. It is the half-measures that are painful.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Thinking about calling in on Loyalty Day. Open my state will you!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah, the US response is particularly bad but outside of like New Zealand and South Korea and a couple others no country is really nailing this thing.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
A prolonged depression isn't a very smart way to shut down popular unrest imo

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
the black panthers did this and it made republicans support gun control

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

sincx posted:

well yeah

if you're already rich none of the rules apply to your kids, duh

see, e.g., d.j. trump, j.c. kushner.

h. biden

:getin:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Paradoxish posted:

A prolonged depression isn't a very smart way to shut down popular unrest imo

the popular unrest is FOR the people causing the depression thanks to fox lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thoguh posted:

Yeah, the US response is particularly bad but outside of like New Zealand and South Korea and a couple others no country is really nailing this thing.

those two are basically islands which helps

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

went out to get curbside alcohol pickup and lmao there's tons of traffic and people crowding around places with no ppe and the local paper's been reporting that it's basically over

we're gon die

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

shovelbum posted:

the popular unrest is FOR the people causing the depression thanks to fox lmao

state leaders need to call out the whitehouse being led by a senile weak cowardly poo poo instead of a smart strong daddy but they cant because in part a) would require admitting shits hosed which is yelling fire in a theater when no one else is admitting it and b) lol petty gently caress trump will cause them to be allocated even less of the already minimal support :sniff:

god drat america

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
No one who is allowed a gun is dangerous to the status quo. Pussies.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

local farmers market is opening up again this sat. they sent out a map of how to move through the aisles, the spacing, don't use cash, don't stop to chat, don't come if you're sick, wear a mask, don't touch produce, etc. lol. i might drive by just to snap pictures of how dumb it's going to really be.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Bulgakov posted:

state leaders need to call out the whitehouse being led by a senile weak cowardly poo poo instead of a smart strong daddy but they cant because in part a) would require admitting shits hosed which is yelling fire in a theater when no one else is admitting it and b) lol petty gently caress trump will cause them to be allocated even less of the already minimal support :sniff:

god drat america

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

sincx posted:

sounds like he's a document review contractor

probably the worst possible job in existence, even worse than the trash pickers in indonesia

To be fair it's about as difficult as mowing the lawn or driving on the interstate , where the main difficulty is not dozing off

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

wow 100 people thats half the seating capacity of the local golden corral :vince: PEOPLES MANDATE OPEN THE SPAS OBUNGLER NO MORE DEEP STATE

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Judakel posted:

The point of preschool is social skills. That kid is a future goon.

My 4 year old kid started crying when his 15 minute, once a week zoom call with his classmates ended. I don't get why these can't happen daily because every kid is so freaking excited for them. Today they just showed off their favorite stuffed animals but they were all delighted

I guess I have to reach out to the other parents to do this on our own but it really feels like the school is dropping the ball on this

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Really? I'd argue the opposite - outside of USA, Sweden and a couple of others, all countries are really nailing this thing

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

how exactly did charlottesville backfire on them again? they're doing the exact same poo poo three years later.

a huge chunk of the participants are in prison now lol

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Lpzie posted:

local farmers market is opening up again this sat. they sent out a map of how to move through the aisles, the spacing, don't use cash, don't stop to chat, don't come if you're sick, wear a mask, don't touch produce, etc. lol. i might drive by just to snap pictures of how dumb it's going to really be.

I'm very pissed off that they're opening in illinois. The whole point of them is to go mingle and stroll around slowly , it's a joke

Apr 7, 2003

Spergin Morlock posted:

a huge chunk of the participants are in prison now lol

That’s how fascism works though, the foot soldiers get sacrificed by the movement.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Work put up an inspirational message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiTpgKrUhzc

:skeltal:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

That’s how fascism works though, the foot soldiers get sacrificed by the movement.

Sometimes the leaders, too (see: Hitler and the Beer Hall Putsch aftermath).

Apr 7, 2003

We’ve already hit 2,000 deaths for the day and the local news is horny for reopening everything. This is beyond insane

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

mastershakeman posted:

My 4 year old kid started crying when his 15 minute, once a week zoom call with his classmates ended. I don't get why these can't happen daily because every kid is so freaking excited for them. Today they just showed off their favorite stuffed animals but they were all delighted

I guess I have to reach out to the other parents to do this on our own but it really feels like the school is dropping the ball on this

lol 15 minutes a week for an elementary school teacher who had the same kids every day that’s pathetic. I do an at least 3 hours every weekday.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

ArmZ posted:

haha grift machine go brrrr

:smugdon:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

my 5 yo has 90 mins a day of live zoom Kondergsrdetn plus more assignments on top of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

We’ve already hit 2,000 deaths for the day and the local news is horny for reopening everything. This is beyond insane

still thousands of positive cases each day in NY