Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Jose Oquendo posted:

You can watch Comet streaming for free on their website. The website and the app both show it as MST3K.

I wonder why it doesn't say it on Dish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Tonight's viewing is Kitten With a Whip.

"A man like you contributing to our delinquency!"
"BUT YOU'RE THIRTY."

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Failson posted:

So Elusive!

Also remembered the other made-for-TV-movie/Pilot: Code Name: Diamond Head

Joel's "Boom mic - big time." druing the dinner scene in Mitchell is one of my favorite's.

12 to the Moon has two great ones: the guy trying to sneak out of the first moon shot (maybe intentional? Since there were moon people?), and the really long wide shots that show where the set ends "You can see the Cyc lights!!" They just didn't care.

I wonder how many of those were exposed by the films being the 4x3 version.

Especially if they were just doing a quick and dirty job, a boom might be in the shot but it would have been matted out in theaters.

And let's be honest, who would have thought that Mitchell would they be shown on TV?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

As you know, Comet shows MST3K. I have it on Dish, but it rarely shows the movie as being MST3K. Do you have Comet? If so, what does your program guide say?

"Economically made"!

My guide says MST3K. It airs Friday nights, if that helps.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

"And the search for wood ends in complete triumph."

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Cemetry Gator posted:

And let's be honest, who would have thought that Mitchell would they be shown on TV?

To be fair, Mitchell does have the ambiance of a 1970s TV movie that got shown once in prime time, then was forever relegated to the CBS Late Movie slot, right along with episodes of Banacek, Kojak, and Barnaby Jones.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mitchell really does feel like 'I bet we could take the lumpy dude from Walking Tall to series.'

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Mitchell really does feel like 'I bet we could take the lumpy dude from Walking Tall to series.'

You can almost see the 1970s TV Guide "Fall Lineup" ad, with Mitchell coming on at 10, right after the jiggle sitcoms.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sydney Bottocks posted:

You can almost see the 1970s TV Guide "Fall Lineup" ad, with Mitchell coming on at 10, right after the jiggle sitcoms.

Jiggle sitcoms?

Tell me more...

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Jiggle sitcoms?

Tell me more...

I think the MST3k episode "Angels Revenge" explains it so much better than I ever could. :v:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

When I was a youngin Comedy Central's T&A Matinee and USA's Up All Night were important cornerstones of one's edited for basic cable jiggling.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/mini_bubbly/status/1252319565058621443

Gah! Switch to your surlpnls! It's a birdemic!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Ted, you take Havana.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

TL posted:

Ted, you take Havana.

Imagine being Castro and seeing this force swarming towards ya... :rolleyes:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Just stopping by randomly to say I'm really glad I got to see Joel riff one more time, let alone live, during his farewell tour.

He's so much better at improv/live stuff. I mean I know the deadpan delivery on taped scripted segments is on purpose, but still.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joel is a delight on Twitter. He was highly amused to learn he was referred to as "the sleepy-eyed guy" in Time Chasers.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Imagine being Castro and seeing this force swarming towards ya... :rolleyes:

:ussr: Get...real...beard.

(can you believe there's no cuba emote)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

:eng101: We take the beaches at midnight.

:v: At 12:15, we're captured.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Just watched Time Walker aka Being From Another Planet on Tubi, I don’t know how I missed this episode for so long was it some sort of rights issue? Either way this episode is great- I love any 80s horror movies that make their way onto MST3k.

PS gotta love the film production company FVI’s laziness in repacking these poo poo movies with new title screens

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster is not a "poo poo movie" :colbert:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

HannibalBarca posted:

Sorry mostly poo poo movies

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

HannibalBarca posted:

It doesn't even have alien cockroaches building a theme park to kill Godzilla so I say to you it is barely a Godzilla movie at all!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Important double post!

https://twitter.com/JoelGHodgson/status/1255519374112444425

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

WeaponX posted:

Just watched Time Walker aka Being From Another Planet on Tubi, I don’t know how I missed this episode for so long was it some sort of rights issue? Either way this episode is great- I love any 80s horror movies that make their way onto MST3k.

PS gotta love the film production company FVI’s laziness in repacking these poo poo movies with new title screens

quote:

Beginning in 1987, the new FVI got into the legally questionable practice of acquiring the rights to show clips of movies, and then using "clips" which consisted of the movies almost in their entirety with the "FVI treatment"—replacing the music, releasing them under new titles with new opening credits sequences—and then claiming the copyright to those elements.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

But will REVLAR be there

He's a cop that doesn't play by the rules!

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Dawgstar posted:

It doesn't even have alien cockroaches building a theme park to kill Godzilla so I say to you it is barely a Godzilla movie at all!

It actually was reworked from a script originally featuring King Kong, now that you mention it.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Davros1 posted:

Beginning in 1987, the new FVI got into the legally questionable practice of acquiring the rights to show clips of movies, and then using "clips" which consisted of the movies almost in their entirety with the "FVI treatment"—replacing the music, releasing them under new titles with new opening credits sequences—and then claiming the copyright to those elements.

That explains why the opening sequence to Pod People is just clips from another movie entirely.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr. Fowl posted:

That explains why the opening sequence to Pod People is just clips from another movie entirely.

The Swamp Thing versus the Sweet Thing!

I think RiffTrax actually got around to doing that movie at one point.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Dawgstar posted:

Yup, The Galaxy Invader.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

There's been a walnut uprising.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im excited for this and its probably one of my favorite just, like, movies MST3k ever did.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Will this be Emily Marsh’s first time as a main performer?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Stranded in Space uses footage from Prisoners of the Lost Universe, another one RiffTrax got to eventually.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Splint Chesthair posted:

Stranded in Space uses footage from Prisoners of the Lost Universe, another one RiffTrax got to eventually.

Oh that's the movie where the guy in the flannel shirt gets beaten up by giant Aang from The Last Airbender until flannel man kicks Aang in the junk and then Aang explodes for some reason!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Barudak posted:

Im excited for this and its probably one of my favorite just, like, movies MST3k ever did.

Moon Zero Two has a lot of good ideas. It's an okay movie that I feel is an edit away from being a fair-to-good movie just to improve the pacing a bit.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Will this be Emily Marsh’s first time as a main performer?

Oh man they've already got her in a jumpsuit? That's great, she was a treat during the stage show :)

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Does anybody know if Emily's character name of Crenshaw is a reference to something? I know Mike just kept his last name on the show, but both Joel and Jonah had famous sci-fi castaways as their last name.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
It's cool that you can create a solid 80% of the MST3k experience completely remotely, that's a neat thing that I'm sure many entertainment properties envy right now.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

rydiafan posted:

Does anybody know if Emily's character name of Crenshaw is a reference to something? I know Mike just kept his last name on the show, but both Joel and Jonah had famous sci-fi castaways as their last name.

Obviously she's related to Old Man Crenshaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Being From Another Planet also features Ben Murphy! Now a sensitive 80's kinda hero. And despite the closing bit (which is still funny), it's nowhere near the worst movie they had done.

I am very excited about this! The live cast was wonderful, and revisiting Season 1 episodes is a great idea.