Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
everything elon musk has worked on

EVERY SINGLE THING

has had the goal of being able to serve protected ogliarchs that do not want to interact with The Poors

Paypal: send money without having to talk to a filthy bank teller or western union teller
Tesla: drive around without having to talk to a filthy gas station attendant
Starlink: Get internet in your lodge without having to let a filthy cable guy in
SpaceX: Escape the planet full of filthy poors
Hyperloop: provide high speed rail that's not vulnerable to the filthy poors Sherman's Necktie-ing the tracks
Grimes: gently caress a pop star without having to interact with filthy fans of good music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

likewise those all have some notable flaw, like the cars themselves killing the owners, or the hyperloops being instantly decompressed by a slight seal malfunction that happens when the autodoors detect a person while in motion (gonna guess on this one)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

I presume theyre all technology that will kill the user like some 90s x files episode

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the original pitch for hyperloop was to literally melt bedrock using *waves hands* some extreme source of energy so that when it cooled and re-solidified it'd be a vacuum seal. Definitely a person with a phd in plate tectonics or at least a bachelor's degree in geology was on that team. Yep.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
idk I feel like pretty much all of musks post-PayPal exploits have just been him buying toys for himself but then trying to business-ize it because of his ego

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Jonny 290 posted:

the original pitch for hyperloop was to literally melt bedrock using *waves hands* some extreme source of energy so that when it cooled and re-solidified it'd be a vacuum seal. Definitely a person with a phd in plate tectonics or at least a bachelor's degree in geology was on that team. Yep.
all of his ideas are straight out of the covers of popular mechanics magazines from the 1970s and 1980s

e: or sf novels of the same era. grizzled asteroid miners, pressurized domes on mars, cities in space - its just bog-standard niven/heinlein stuff

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
nuclear powered tunnel borer

*buys a used sewer tunnel borer and runs it over spec until it breaks*

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Honestly every day that elon musk wakes up is a blessing, because it's another day that he proves that you do not give The Ideas Guy power and money and CEO positions.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Is there anything to all of this?

https://twitter.com/montana_skeptic/status/1255812204064059393

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

FMguru posted:

all of his ideas are straight out of the covers of popular mechanics magazines from the 1970s and 1980s

e: or sf novels of the same era. grizzled asteroid miners, pressurized domes on mars, cities in space - its just bog-standard niven/heinlein stuff

not only that, it's the exact same "gently caress yeah science!" hand waving they used to gloss over the whole "this doesn't actually work, we don't have the know how or materials to do this, it will never make any kind of financial sense at any scale, ever, to do"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

he spent 8 years getting a physics bachelors that's almost the same thing i'm sure

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

has had the goal of being able to serve protected ogliarchs that do not want to interact with The Poors

Paypal: send money without having to talk to a filthy bank teller or western union teller
Tesla: drive around without having to talk to a filthy gas station attendant
Starlink: Get internet in your lodge without having to let a filthy cable guy in
SpaceX: Escape the planet full of filthy poors
Hyperloop: provide high speed rail that's not vulnerable to the filthy poors Sherman's Necktie-ing the tracks
Grimes: gently caress a pop star without having to interact with filthy fans of good music

all of these are correct except for one

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/ExtraSmallRobin/status/1255800047154925569

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

i mean, he's right, probably, but no one gives a poo poo.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

graph posted:

all of these are correct except for one

yea grimes has a filthy heart

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

idk I feel like pretty much all of musks post-PayPal exploits have just been him buying toys for himself but then trying to business-ize it because of his ego

i'm just now realizing that he probably had his ego deeply wounded from being thrown out of paypal and has been trying to 'show them' how mistaken they were ever since

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1255995063773073410

ol musky now approvingly retweeting james okeefe (right wing "journalist" who regularly falsifies evidence)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

he really really really needs to be right about covid being a nonissue and it's just not going away

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

infernal machines posted:

he really really really needs to be right about covid being a nonissue and it's just not going away

maybe he should call it a pedophile

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

FMguru posted:

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1255995063773073410

ol musky now approvingly retweeting james okeefe (right wing "journalist" who regularly falsifies evidence)

he's a right wing "idiot" who regularly spouts false statements so it seems pretty normal to me

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Sagebrush posted:

it's trump's brain but with science buzzwords instead of business buzzwords

this is worse... this is biden's brain. at least trump would land a random soundbite for chuds to repeat

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Vomik posted:

this is worse... this is biden's brain. at least trump would land a random soundbite for chuds to repeat

Trump said, yesterday, and I quote

"[The W.H.O.] is a pipe organ of China"

Pipe organ

He said pipe organ

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

theflyingorc posted:

"[The W.H.O.] is a pipe organ of China"

Hit it, Mao!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

elon said in the conference call that tesla would hit its estimate of 500,000 cars shipped in 2020 despite his car factory being closed for 3 months, is there some weird out clause where this isn't material misrepresentation because he's so dumb he believes this to be possible so it's not technically lying?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

qirex posted:

elon said in the conference call that tesla would hit its estimate of 500,000 cars shipped in 2020 despite his car factory being closed for 3 months, is there some weird out clause where this isn't material misrepresentation because he's so dumb he believes this to be possible so it's not technically lying?

It's that the sec can't touch him because they moment they call him out as a liar it'll cause the stock price to crater, harming investors.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

rich rebuilds owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqpVWvwV-Ds

his model x is a piece of poo poo

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Jabor posted:

It's that the sec can't touch him because they moment they call him out as a liar it'll cause the stock price to crater, harming investors.

fraud never harms investors, nor do ponzi schemes, you heard it first here at SEC

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

A CEO smoked meth for three years. Here's what happened to his brain.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

qirex posted:

‘weird out clause’ being a toothless and gutless regulatory arm. jonny is right- there aren’t rules anymore

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1256199225727221760

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Very good

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Oh that's where the Musk defenders are (in the comments)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

they mad tho

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

mad, bad, and dangerous to know

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Jonny 290 posted:

everything elon musk has worked on

EVERY SINGLE THING

I mean, yeah: he's literally an Souf Eefrican Boer?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

:elongate:

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

yeah elon is just having a normal friday

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1256239815256797184?s=20
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1256239554148724737?s=20

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
wow Elon is finally forming all those shell corporations his friends/lawyers/wealth managers keep telling him to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I've seen... share prices on fire off the Megafactory Gate.