Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Are there messages by that CSPAM mod who went on a top secret mission to befriend nazis in there and if so post them so we can laugh at him

dunno about ppj but they definitely mention SA a bit, lol

https://whispers.ddosecrets.com/discord/search?query=something+awful&server_id=

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

It was a whole thing, and it was funny as hell because perpetual failure machine that is the goon project lives on even in 2020. Basically he pretended to be a nazi who was pretending to not be a nazi and befriended a bunch of nazis and would meme with them and I think would give out information about SA users and let the nazis decide how to moderate the SA forums so that he could be their friends for some weird moderator reason.

My understanding is that they thought they were doing secret double agent undercover work for the forums to try and figure out who the nazis were on here but in actually just kept on probating and banning whoever the nazis told him to so that he could gain their trust, but he never found out anything about the nazis

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Isn't that how Dickeye got perma'd?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
imagine 4 mods at the edge of a cliff

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
There was just a huge poetry to the most centrist, most liberal mod on the forums being a nazi collaborator

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

It was a whole thing, and it was funny as hell because perpetual failure machine that is the goon project lives on even in 2020. Basically he pretended to be a nazi who was pretending to not be a nazi and befriended a bunch of nazis and would meme with them and I think would give out information about SA users and let the nazis decide how to moderate the SA forums so that he could be their friends for some weird moderator reason.

My understanding is that they thought they were doing secret double agent undercover work for the forums to try and figure out who the nazis were on here but in actually just kept on probating and banning whoever the nazis told him to so that he could gain their trust, but he never found out anything about the nazis

Nazis are so easy to play that it takes a goon to gently caress it up and get played

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
basically I imagine PPJ strolling up to the nazis and doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoCnwJm1iBo

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

And the only goon nazi who got banned was some random dude who revealed himself after the scandal got public, calling out PPJ for being an ineffectual spy and claiming they were on to him the whole time. ymmv on that last point, but given how stupid the whole thing was, it's believable.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DemoneeHo posted:

And the only goon nazi who got banned was some random dude who revealed himself after the scandal got public, calling out PPJ for being an ineffectual spy and claiming they were on to him the whole time. ymmv on that last point, but given how stupid the whole thing was, it's believable.

Yeah more people got banned for embarrassing the mod team than for being nazis

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
It's a valuable lesson that SA does a service by reminding us. However high, however low, the worst crime you can commit is embarrassing someone more powerful than you. In the real version that kid that called the emperor naked would have been burned at the stake.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

i promise if i ever become an Undercover Mod then i won't do anything like that, but i will use a lot of stupid gadgets to foil various enemies of CSPAM

maybe hire duran duran to make some theme music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUX2Mj4SN7o&t=118s

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
think of all the goon spy gadgets you could develop:

+ explodey mountain dew game fuel can
+ fanny pack that hides rocket boosters, allowing you to jump over objects
+ cheeto dust cloud dispenser
+ a super-car with all kinds of features except in the form of a mid-2000s imported asian budget hatchback

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

+ a super-car with all kinds of features except in the form of a mid-2000s imported asian budget hatchback

this reimagining of Get Smart is lookin real good imo

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol, thinking about a Fiero with a Countach body kit

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol, thinking about a Fiero with a Countach body kit
gotta come up with various catchphrases to make it exciting. i'm thinking "time's up, muffin heads!"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
hulk hogan meat shoes

for...guard dogs?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Radiohead t-shirt that secretly is also a radio

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SatansOnion posted:

this reimagining of Get Smart is lookin real good imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7KMMxAQp8I

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

i promise if i ever become an Undercover Mod then i won't do anything like that, but i will use a lot of stupid gadgets to foil various enemies of CSPAM

maybe hire duran duran to make some theme music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUX2Mj4SN7o&t=118s

A Bond movie did a "look at my booze disbelievingly" bit? That joke was old when people still communicated by wireless telegraph.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Dmitri-9 posted:

A Bond movie did a "look at my booze disbelievingly" bit? That joke was old when people still communicated by wireless telegraph.
The pigeon doing a double-take (by clumsily running the film backwards and forwards) is the real hacktacular gem here.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Some people love Roger Moore (and he had a tight Twitter game) but I never liked his Bond much.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I liked his Bond but not the movies (Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only excepted).

Dalton and Lazenby are the dudes I feel real bad for.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I liked his Bond but not the movies (Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only excepted).

Dalton and Lazenby are the dudes I feel real bad for.

Lazenby legit had a great Bond Movie and Diana Rigg was the best anti-Bond Girl ever.

Dalton was a good actor who needed the scripts that Daniel Craig got, but unfortunately he got poo poo with Joe Don Baker.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

Dalton was a good actor who needed the scripts that Daniel Craig got, but unfortunately he got poo poo with Joe Don Baker.

quote:

Joe Don Baker

quote:

Bond movie

quote:

Joe Don Baker

*looks at booze disbelievingly*

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Exhaustive list of code words for everything but they are all anime or 40K references

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Mary Annette posted:

Not only has he been in one Bond movie, he's even been in three

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

How did ppj get found out

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mary Annette posted:

The villain of The Living Daylights and Felix Lighter for two of the Brosnan movies.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

brugroffil posted:

How did ppj get found out

He posted the discord pics himself

Someone have the thread

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zeroisanumber posted:

Lazenby legit had a great Bond Movie and Diana Rigg was the best anti-Bond Girl ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LWqzDKgnjs

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Mary Annette posted:

Joe Don Baker was in Goldeneye, one of the best ones imo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Feldegast42 posted:

Someone have the thread

When FYAD imploded over their bigotry, it really brought a lot of ugly poo poo to the surface.

Then they went with "let's pretend to be ironic nazis!" and, what do you know, turns out there were real ones there all along.

Somehow.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Feldegast42 posted:

Someone have the thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909802&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

and then he shared around his collected data after he got banned

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3910162

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zeroisanumber posted:

The villain of The Living Daylights and Felix Lighter for two of the Brosnan movies.

He wasn't Felix Leiter, he was his own character called Jack Wade.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Dmitri-9 posted:

That's actually the second time, as I recall. First time was Bond coming out of the Mediterranean in his waterproof car in The Spy Who Loved Me, and then the third time at a ski resort in For Your Eyes Only.

Same actor, too.

Zeroisanumber posted:

I still love Licence to Kill because it's a more personal story and a 180 from what came before. I know it's mired in the late '80s drug war action movie bullshit, but I don't care. I'm a sucker for "Bond gets personal" movie, and they adapted the veneer well.

Dalton is also still the best thing about Hot Fuzz (and that's a long, long list).

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

mojo1701a posted:

Dalton is also still the best thing about Hot Fuzz (and that's a long, long list).

Hard agree. This is one of my favorite visual gags ever

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

mojo1701a posted:

Same actor, too.

this makes it own imo

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Hard agree. This is one of my favorite visual gags ever

i thought this was powers boothe for a solid 6 years after seeing this incredible movie. today i can't remember why.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://twitter.com/LibertyHangout/status/1256352137128423424?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chud Shrek, scorned