Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I prefer the consistent super speed of chicken for bounties since I can’t rely on every bounty to conveniently let me proc my In-Geom but yeah Mundu’s is the truth just a very powerful and fast build all around and WAY easier to play. I feel like it’s the most forgiving to play in terms of positioning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
You can have both though? Cube gazing demise, echoing and wormwood. Drop rrog and Capt crimson, take krelm belt for more speed.

E: this is what I use https://www.diablofans.com/builds/107106-t16-spirit-chicken-bountys-s20-2-6-8

GTJustin fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 27, 2020

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Yea I’m doin munchicken because I love the chicken.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I was playing witch doctor all yesterday but I kinda gave up because I wasn't getting any legendary that really changed the way I play like aether walking fracture wizard. (I am new to diablo.) Spirit barrage and haunt are great, but everything else seems to require a lot of active effort. I don't want to turn enemy champions into chickens and focus them down, or charm them, or stun them, just none of that. I want them to die. Instantly. With witch doctor I died a lot on Torment IX and jesus, that's higher than I could I handle. Took me an age to move an inch.

I am looking for the easiest, dumbest win-button. I want to break the game. With the monk and wizard I felt like there were a lot of interesting builds you could go for to accomplish that and I was always experimenting between them. Witch doctor and necromancer I just couldn't get into. There were a few great abilities :haw: and then the other ones :ohdear:. I'm trying demon hunter now, seems p. good.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Sanctum posted:

I was playing witch doctor all yesterday but I kinda gave up because I wasn't getting any legendary that really changed the way I play like aether walking fracture wizard. (I am new to diablo.) Spirit barrage and haunt are great, but everything else seems to require a lot of active effort. I don't want to turn enemy champions into chickens and focus them down, or charm them, or stun them, just none of that. I want them to die. Instantly. With witch doctor I died a lot on Torment IX and jesus, that's higher than I could I handle. Took me an age to move an inch.

I am looking for the easiest, dumbest win-button. I want to break the game. With the monk and wizard I felt like there were a lot of interesting builds you could go for to accomplish that and I was always experimenting between them. Witch doctor and necromancer I just couldn't get into. There were a few great abilities :haw: and then the other ones :ohdear:. I'm trying demon hunter now, seems p. good.

Whirlwind barbarian and tempest rush monk are both super easy and powerful right now. You just run through mobs and everything around you dies.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Yeah I'm not playing Patterns Monk "correctly" and can still push GR95 exploding everything along the way.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Spirit Barrage Mundunugu WD, on TXII, enemies explode so immediately to Manitou that I often can only barely make out my locusts spreading from mob to mob before they explode. Every button you press makes you move faster. That is absolutely the build you want for WD

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Spirit barrage mundu with an in-geom in the cube got me through the boss rush with about a minute to spare, and I died on urzael because I thought the cutscene had triggered and he just stomped me to death instead.

I want to make a patterns monk next but I’m not sure they can match the level of zoom.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

Gaukler posted:

Spirit barrage mundu with an in-geom in the cube got me through the boss rush with about a minute to spare, and I died on urzael because I thought the cutscene had triggered and he just stomped me to death instead.

I want to make a patterns monk next but I’m not sure they can match the level of zoom.

It's about a push at t16 but they stay fast and stable a lot higher into speed GRs. Mun is excellent at fast lower-level runs up to about gr85 and slower runs in the 105+ range but that area in between those levels is much better for Patterns (or WW barb). The other upside for Mun is that you don't have to build a completely different set to do 120+ in groups like monk or barb do.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Today I learned you could re-roll enchantments more than just 1 time. I wonder what other basic mechanics I am missing. I gather that the loot you find is limited by how deep you've gone into the GR, since I'm suddenly finding new types of legendaries after pushing further in.

Figured out how to play online with the switch, so that's made things interesting. I'm guessing the playerbase on the switch is a little more casual than the PC players. First guy I played with went into GR56 and died right at the portal, I was sure he was gonna quit but he was a real trooper and stuck it through even though he died a lot. Since then I've just let other people pick the GR level and kinda hang back until I see their health drop then I clear a few screens real quick.

Piercing ray of frost seems... dreadfully underwhelming. I have 38% cold damage bonus whether I want to or not because it's just the best gear I have right now, but as far as pushing deeper the only method I've figured out is Manard's Heal + Wyrdward and lightning everything.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Is there anyone that can explain Sunwuko Set Dungeon to me? I have watched videos and I really don't understand the Decoy killing 20 guys at a time.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

Is there anyone that can explain Sunwuko Set Dungeon to me? I have watched videos and I really don't understand the Decoy killing 20 guys at a time.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/monk-sunwuko-set-dungeon-guide

Most likely you have too much damage, might want to take off rings and try again.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Sanctum posted:

Today I learned you could re-roll enchantments more than just 1 time. I wonder what other basic mechanics I am missing. I gather that the loot you find is limited by how deep you've gone into the GR, since I'm suddenly finding new types of legendaries after pushing further in.

Figured out how to play online with the switch, so that's made things interesting. I'm guessing the playerbase on the switch is a little more casual than the PC players. First guy I played with went into GR56 and died right at the portal, I was sure he was gonna quit but he was a real trooper and stuck it through even though he died a lot. Since then I've just let other people pick the GR level and kinda hang back until I see their health drop then I clear a few screens real quick.

Piercing ray of frost seems... dreadfully underwhelming. I have 38% cold damage bonus whether I want to or not because it's just the best gear I have right now, but as far as pushing deeper the only method I've figured out is Manard's Heal + Wyrdward and lightning everything.

The only thing that changes the types of items that can drop with higher GR levels is that once you clear gr70 solo, primal ancient items (ancients where all affix rolls are maximum value) unlock and can drop. They're about a 1 in 400 chance on any given legendary drop at that point. GR70 solo gives you one for free but no guarantees it'll be useful (or even playable by your class). For pushing deeper into GRs on any class, finishing a full 6 piece set and adding complementary legendary items in the rest of the slots will take you a long way. On wizard, the best performing GR solo builds seem to be Vyr's Archon (6p set and a whole bunch of other legendaries to go with) and Legacy of Dreams Hydra (uses the Legacy of Dreams gem that gives you massive bonuses for ancient items if you don't have any set bonuses equipped). Both of them get a lot of their defense from Storm Armor and the Halo of Karini ring's legendary affix that reduces incoming damage by up to 80% every time your storm armor shocks something 15 yards away.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I did it recently, really you want to nerf your damage down to where your sweeping wind can't kill the little guys, then spam dashing strike into a big crowd. You can easily get 2 decoy pops into a big wave and get 20-30 decoy hits.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Yeah, the numerous buffs to the sets over the years have turned the set dungeons into "how much do I need to nerf my damage so I can actually complete this thing". Especially for ones that are like kill 20 mobs at once with this one ability 10 times.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
It's weird, but it makes more sense to go for the set dungeons right when you have 6/6 pieces and maybe a couple supporting items rather than waiting to do it as one of your last checkboxes for the season.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

WarpedLichen posted:

I did it recently, really you want to nerf your damage down to where your sweeping wind can't kill the little guys, then spam dashing strike into a big crowd. You can easily get 2 decoy pops into a big wave and get 20-30 decoy hits.

I'm pretty sure this is my problem

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Made it through GR70 and for my primal ancient I got... a scoundrel token. :negative:

I'm at a weird point where I can get more raw damage using legacy of nightmares, but the utility I would give up from non-ancients with good powers makes it worth sticking to legacy of dreams. I'm hitting for up to 5000B so still instantly melting the riff bosses but they are definitely getting scary.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Oh my, I just tried a twister build with Ranslor's Folly and the range and force that mobs get sucked in whenever a black hole goes down with it is terrifying. I think I'll switch back to Event Horizon just because it's safer and since my fracture decoys spam black holes as well so at least they are soaking up projectiles. Because I'm doing a channeling build with etched sigil the focal point tends to be right in front of me as mobs are sucked towards the twisters emanating from me and then a black hole gets cast on the nearest enemy which instantly pulls everything into that black hole. Getting all mobs instantly sucked near you isn't great but also it's a really efficient way of killing everything. It seems like they aren't able to shoot projectiles at me when they are getting sucked in, which is what I like about it so much.

I also have no idea how much damage I'm doing because I switched to Sever. I think I'll try another GR70 and find out how effective this actually is compared to the meteor build I was using.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
1500 bounty mats into reforging these rings and...

the avg dmg or IAS trifecta that beats this just isn't gonna happen for me.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
What is the effect that causes mobs to be stuck in a resisting all damage state while they are being sucked into a black hole. Is it just that my fracture decoys are casting the black hole and it does 10% dmg? I am playing on a switch lite and this is a problem because my auto-targeting is largely outside of my control and if some trash mob is dying a lengthy death I am focusing on it instead of very deadly spear tossers just outside my visual radius (moving south-anything really sucks!)

I wish I had some way of actually communicating with other people on the switch. I've mostly been playing with this duo but I have all these 'friends' who I am unable to communicate with other than backstepping impatiently but staying clear of the rift because I respect their need to inventory.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Sanctum posted:

What is the effect that causes mobs to be stuck in a resisting all damage state while they are being sucked into a black hole. Is it just that my fracture decoys are casting the black hole and it does 10% dmg? I am playing on a switch lite and this is a problem because my auto-targeting is largely outside of my control and if some trash mob is dying a lengthy death I am focusing on it instead of very deadly spear tossers just outside my visual radius (moving south-anything really sucks!)

I wish I had some way of actually communicating with other people on the switch. I've mostly been playing with this duo but I have all these 'friends' who I am unable to communicate with other than backstepping impatiently but staying clear of the rift because I respect their need to inventory.

Black Hole in general is janky like that. The real fun is when it interacts even more poorly with other classes' crowd control skills and leaves mobs permanently stuck on 1hp, for example an elite or two on gr110+ so you don't get any progress orbs for killing them. The moral of the story is to avoid Black Hole in groups.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Today has been a good day for me and my Barb
Primal ring upgrade (3 primal drops within GR, only the ring was good)
Got my ancient legendary sword to finish off the Bul-Kathos set
Just about to ding paragon 800

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
I'm slowly slogging my way up through GR80. No more online mode after today because I am just getting robbed of companion buffs with a person that cannot help me and slows me down considerably.

I feel like I really need better rings and amulets because right now I'm using a legendary Halo of Karini with terrible stat rolls but it's still the only one I've found with at least 70% dmg reduction. Then I have a primal ancient ring and primal ancient amulet which do literally nothing other than have good stats and a socket. I'm still running a number of other non-ancient legendaries just because I need the utility they provide so I can Kanai the things I absolutely need to make this or that build work. Maybe I should try abandoning Legacy of Dreams once more and put on a full-set bonus hydra build because it's the only set-thing I've tried that works (also really boring.)

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Guess I'm crafting Crimson pants now.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...ort-studio/amp/

Diablo 2 Remaster. I will buy this, I will build and play a Druid and a Necromancer, and I will be done.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...ort-studio/amp/

Diablo 2 Remaster. I will buy this, I will build and play a Druid and a Necromancer, and I will be done.

Vicarious Visions did a great job with the Crash Bandicoot trilogy so a D2 remaster would be in good hands.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I wouldn't raise hopes after how absolutely mind boggling horrible the WC3 remake was.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I think it's a good rule of thumb to assume anything coming from Blizzard now is a trash fire. And then be pleasantly surprised if it's not complete garbage.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Expect nothing, be surprised.

Much like all my flavor of times.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Diablo 2 was always bad hth

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I wonder what dumb and useless cosmetic I'll end up with from wasting money on a preorder to game I only kind half heartedly want.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Diablo 2 was always bad hth
Yeah it's hard for me to remember a lot that makes me go "drat that was fun I miss that" beyond the first couple of play throughs. Just did nothing to make the loot grind fun and the higher difficulties were less hard and more mathematically unfair grinds.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

LethalGeek posted:

Yeah it's hard for me to remember a lot that makes me go "drat that was fun I miss that" beyond the first couple of play throughs. Just did nothing to make the loot grind fun and the higher difficulties were less hard and more mathematically unfair grinds.

The strategy around double and triple immunes once LOD dropped was fun, damage types being more or less interchangeable in Diablo 3 was a step back.

Then of course Hammerdins just became the default option because they could ignore most of those immunities.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Sanctum posted:

I'm slowly slogging my way up through GR80. No more online mode after today because I am just getting robbed of companion buffs with a person that cannot help me and slows me down considerably.

I feel like I really need better rings and amulets because right now I'm using a legendary Halo of Karini with terrible stat rolls but it's still the only one I've found with at least 70% dmg reduction. Then I have a primal ancient ring and primal ancient amulet which do literally nothing other than have good stats and a socket. I'm still running a number of other non-ancient legendaries just because I need the utility they provide so I can Kanai the things I absolutely need to make this or that build work. Maybe I should try abandoning Legacy of Dreams once more and put on a full-set bonus hydra build because it's the only set-thing I've tried that works (also really boring.)

Pls dont doxx me kthx

keseph
Oct 21, 2010

beep bawk boop bawk

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The strategy around double and triple immunes once LOD dropped was fun, damage types being more or less interchangeable in Diablo 3 was a step back.

Then of course Hammerdins just became the default option because they could ignore most of those immunities.

On the other hand, hard counters suck, especially when the counter was decided 40 game hours ago and fixing it requires rolling a new character and maybe not even getting to build around the spell you found so interesting the first time.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Oh yeah I remember running Act 5 D2 with my friends as a werewolf Druid and hitting those Physical Immune mobs the first time like “wow I literally cannot damage these enemies... that doesn’t seem fair or well balanced at all!” but luckily back then I had friends to play with.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

I am halfheartedly hoping the UI and gameplay tweaks come, otherwise rose colored glasses won't be enough. I think I would honestly like a tighter d1 experience than D2-redo.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If they allow you to respec more easily/freely, then I’ll put 30/10,000 hours into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah I remember trying D2 again a decade ago and finding out the hotkeys assign the skill to your right click instead of actually casting the skill. I don't know if I can go back to that. Also as a working adult, I'm not gonna play something without respecs.

And this as someone who played the poo poo out of it as a teen.