Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How are u posted:

Does anybody have a round-up of stuff on how Jordan Peterson is a lovely right wing grifter and not an intellectual titan?

Nathan Robinson's takedowns are always a good place to go: https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/03/the-intellectual-we-deserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
e: wrong thread

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Phone posted:

He’s dead, who cares

I've discovered an old FB friend is a Jorp fan and I figured I'd ask?

Groovelord Neato posted:

Nathan Robinson's takedowns are always a good place to go: https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/03/the-intellectual-we-deserve

Thanks!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

How are u posted:

Does anybody have a round-up of stuff on how Jordan Peterson is a lovely right wing grifter and not an intellectual titan?

his most important piece of advice is "clean your room" and "set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world"

grown man who is extremely concerned about Disney princesses or what the gently caress ever

his super smart argument that launched him to fame was taken apart by a comedian in 30 seconds
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/nekgvk/watch-comedian-jim-jefferies-finally-shut-up-jordan-peterson

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Be precise in your speech.

That's not what I meant!

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Ague Proof posted:

That's not what I meant!

See also his academic work.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ague Proof posted:

That's not what I meant!

Lol right

"All I said was enforced monogamy, you're the one who assumed that meant force!"

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

VitalSigns posted:

grown man who is extremely concerned about Disney princesses or what the gently caress ever

Well, the vice-president of the United States once wrote an op-ed about how Mulan was evil for teaching that girls can be soldiers.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
His daughter had to take him to Russia because you can’t get revolutionary medical treatments like “scramble his brain into a loving coma” in restrictive countries like the US

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

VitalSigns posted:

his most important piece of advice is "clean your room" and "set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world"

his super smart argument that launched him to fame was taken apart by a comedian in 30 seconds
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/nekgvk/watch-comedian-jim-jefferies-finally-shut-up-jordan-peterson

He is nothing to worry about anymore. His brain is fried and he is a vegetable.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Feldegast42 posted:

He is nothing to worry about anymore. His brain is fried and he is a vegetable.
Thank god

Died of red meat poisoning

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
maybe he didnt eat enough meat in his pure meat diet.

Also didnt take enough weird technically sfw pics with his daughter

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

His daughter probably killed him to take his money, because he raised her to do that kind of thing

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

His daughter probably killed him to take his money, because he raised her to do that kind of thing

Seems like this was his stupid idea to start with. He could've just checked into a super high end detox facility he's rich as gently caress. I'm pretty sure he wanted to Milwaukee Protocol himself clean and found out nobody respectable would do.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Pirate Radar posted:

His daughter had to take him to Russia because you can’t get revolutionary medical treatments like “scramble his brain into a loving coma” in restrictive countries like the US

So I had to look this one up.

https://newrepublic.com/article/156829/happened-jordan-peterson

This is kind of a bad article because the author doesn't appear to understand addiction any more than Peterson or crazy daughter, but *holy poo poo*. They did loving "deep sleep" therapy on him. That poo poo fucks people up severely. There was a notorious mental hospital near me that in the 1960s and 70s specialized in this poo poo, and a very high percentage of the patients ended up basically epileptic semi-vegatables.

Kinda curious about what sort of damage he aquired out of this.

edit: https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg12917500-400-nightmare-on-chelmsford-sydney/

duck monster fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 1, 2020

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

Seems like this was his stupid idea to start with. He could've just checked into a super high end detox facility he's rich as gently caress. I'm pretty sure he wanted to Milwaukee Protocol himself clean and found out nobody respectable would do.

what?

and put his life in the SJW-controlled medical establishment that believes dangerous lies like "trans people exist and aren't just lunatics and perverts"?!

Are you mad, their hostility to science could kill him. Unlike the God-fearing Eastern Orthodox doctors who aren't afraid to cure homosexuality with electroshock therapy

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

VitalSigns posted:

what?

and put his life in the SJW-controlled medical establishment that believes dangerous lies like "trans people exist and aren't just lunatics and perverts"?!

Are you mad, their hostility to science could kill him. Unlike the God-fearing Eastern Orthodox doctors who aren't afraid to cure homosexuality with electroshock therapy

Don't they still lobotomize people in Russia?

checks Hmm, nope. Never was a big thing over there, apparently.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

duck monster posted:

So I had to look this one up.

https://newrepublic.com/article/156829/happened-jordan-peterson

This is kind of a bad article because the author doesn't appear to understand addiction any more than Peterson or crazy daughter

lmao

quote:

Media reports have claimed that Peterson is suffering from addiction, but have offered no evidence to support the claim. If Peterson were addicted, you’d expect see signs of loss of control over his drug use, which might include buying drugs on the street; “doctor-shopping”; unauthorized dose increases; and drug-related problems with work, family, or the law.

Most people consider you addicted to something if you can't stop taking it without going through withdrawal. What a dope. Also christ they put him in a coma for over a week.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 1, 2020

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Thank god

Died of red meat poisoning

Ironic to have been made a vegetable by too much meat.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Feinne posted:

Ironic to have been made a vegetable by too much meat.

:shuckyes:

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Jurgan posted:

Well, the vice-president of the United States once wrote an op-ed about how Mulan was evil for teaching that girls can be soldiers.
Whaaaat

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

From that article

quote:

Harry Bailey, the doctor who developed the treatment in New South Wales,
once said that the drugs put a patient’s mind on holiday. The drugs, he
said, have very beautiful chemicals that allow us to produce very stylish
results in
people’s mental functions.

It's weird to see pure Trump speak that isn't from him.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

What a complete and utter dweeb.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mike Pence, raised Catholic, somehow never heard of one of its most famous saints.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Noted lib, Sean Hannity.

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1257482269092020224

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to be incredibly curious to see if they make him walk that back later.

Or a hasty series of clarifications, maybe.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Surely there's a way to reconcile masturbatory overthrow-the-government fantasies with respecting our fine upholders of law and order.

"What we really mean to say is that it's not okay to threaten police with your paramilitary cosplay as long as the police are *checks notes* upholding a uh... *checks notes again* a CONSTITUTIONAL order from the governor!"

"And while the governor claims his order is constitutional, we interviewed a man who carries a copy of the US Constitution in his pocket, and he disagrees!"

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Another option is "Of course it's unacceptable to threaten an office of the peace, but people are getting desperate, getting scared and wanting to assert their rights as Americans, so it's understandable. They're not just some thugs, you know." That second sentence is important because otherwise they've just supported the Black Panther Party, and they wouldn't want there to be any confusion.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Shifting the narrative after all that sweet polling shows how everyone hates these armed morons.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

PT6A posted:

Me, a Fox News commentator: "people aren't dead unless I see their corpses in person."

It's actually a huge problem. Once you start getting comfortable ignoring credible reports of deaths, it's a really quick step to poo poo like genocide denial.

Good thing we aren't in the situation then where there are known child concentration camps and the public has long since lost interest. That would just be bad.....

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Minenfeld! posted:

Shifting the narrative after all that sweet polling shows how everyone hates these armed morons.
There was already some Republican operative or organizer from one of the earlier protests who was like "hey guys, can you please put the Confederate flags away?"

The tone of it was like trying to thread the needle of "I'm not saying it IS bad, I'm just saying it LOOKS bad."

They gotta keep the crazy at a carefully-controlled dosage to maintain that plausible deniability.

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

It was all a long game to prove to everyone that women truly are agents of chaos.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

Which kind of dragon does that make her?

Dielectric
May 3, 2010

OneEightHundred posted:

There was already some Republican operative or organizer from one of the earlier protests who was like "hey guys, can you please put the Confederate flags away?"

The tone of it was like trying to thread the needle of "I'm not saying it IS bad, I'm just saying it LOOKS bad."

They gotta keep the crazy at a carefully-controlled dosage to maintain that plausible deniability.

Oh, it's even better than that. It was the WI GOP treasurer, and he had this to say:

"Ok folks, I implore you, please leave Confederate flags and/or AR15s, AK47s, or any other long guns at home," Brian Westrate wrote in a private Facebook group, The New York Times reported. "I well understand that the Confederacy was more about states rights than slavery. But that does not change the truth of how we should try to control the optics during the event."

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dielectric posted:

Oh, it's even better than that. It was the WI GOP treasurer, and he had this to say:

"Ok folks, I implore you, please leave Confederate flags and/or AR15s, AK47s, or any other long guns at home," Brian Westrate wrote in a private Facebook group, The New York Times reported. "I well understand that the Confederacy was more about states rights than slavery. But that does not change the truth of how we should try to control the optics during the event."
Christ, I missed the last part when reading this a week ago

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Waving confederate flags is certainly an imaginative way to protest your state's right to quarantine.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

So Wohl and Burkman are trying their old gift again. Their target this time was Fauci.

Standard procedure:

• find someone willing to lie for money and accuse their target of sexual harrassment
  • film their "story "
  • profit!

Buuuut....

Their paid liar had second thoughts about it, and spilled the beans. And included a recording of her phone call with them where she changes her mind. They counter with "So what if 400,000 people die? 200,000 are elderly, the other 200,000 are the bottom of society. You got to clean out the barn. ... It's a positive thing, for God's sake!"

How are these fucks not in jail?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

MrUnderbridge posted:

So Wohl and Burkman are trying their old gift again. Their target this time was Fauci.

Standard procedure:

• find someone willing to lie for money and accuse their target of sexual harrassment
  • film their "story "
  • profit!

Buuuut....

Their paid liar had second thoughts about it, and spilled the beans. And included a recording of her phone call with them where she changes her mind. They counter with "So what if 400,000 people die? 200,000 are elderly, the other 200,000 are the bottom of society. You got to clean out the barn. ... It's a positive thing, for God's sake!"

Well you can't put people in jail for being awful people and also breaking several federal laws. But also black people can be executed in the middle of the street for jogging. Weird country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

MrUnderbridge posted:

Why we may not have declared it formally, American society has created a de facto aristocracy. Simply put- the laws that apply to the little people simply do not apply to the aristocracy.

America doesn't have rival political parties, it has rival management teams competing for control of America Incorporated LLC.