Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

This shits actually kind of real right like Tylenol works by tanking the poo poo out of your empathy even for yourself idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Toph Bei Fong posted:

A friend of mine's grandma just caught this, and the she also has alzheimer's.

I'm having trouble imagining a fate worse than dying of this disease, confused and hallucinating, without even being about to understand what's going on.

tbf that's how all alzheimer patients die, this disease being news doesn't add some special feeling to dying of pneumonia

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

motedek posted:

looking good folks

you gotta love graphs that predict 90 degree turns based on nothing at all lol

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Antonymous posted:

the choices set upon in late april will only come to consequence in mid june, and june is going to be bloody. our only hope is that medical and burial infrastructure is in place by then

Burials? Where we’re going we won’t need... burials.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

My country is reopening with total abandon. Nobody look to the number of infected anymore.

Help!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

who ends up with higher deaths? texas or florida?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Toph Bei Fong posted:

A friend of mine's grandma just caught this, and the she also has alzheimer's.

I'm having trouble imagining a fate worse than dying of this disease, confused and hallucinating, without even being about to understand what's going on.

a goon posted in the previous thread about how their demented gran had corona but was convinced it was just a mild illness while talking all her friends she was seeing again

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

935 posted:

Edit/ do the thing where you throw out the wild answers then take the median and that will be the actual answer probably

Wisdom of the crowd

"One of the most cited examples of the Wisdom of Crowds involves a group’s collective ability to accurately guess the number of jelly beans in a jar. For each individual, however, predicting the number of jelly beans is very hard. People do their best to estimate, but it’s not surprising that most are way off. What is surprising is that when you have a large enough group, the average answer tends to be highly accurate – even more accurate than the best guesser in the group."

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Its already page 12, I can't keep up!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G487EDeXadA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exr-DOWJ3A0

I wish I wasn't so sad all of the time

I wish my heroes didn't keep dying

anyway, ttrmrmp

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

tttmrmrmrmpptr

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

shovelbum posted:

Put me down for a quarter mil

:what: you of all people I would have expected to be less optimistic than me

a.lo posted:

who ends up with higher deaths? texas or florida?

probably florida due to higher pop density and people churning, texas will be very bad in houston and probably dallas/ft. but florida's A1A is wall to wall party animals and it's springtime.

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 04:36 on May 1, 2020

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

My death assumption is 180k

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Flesh Forge posted:

you gotta love graphs that predict 90 degree turns based on nothing at all lol

my fav one of these is the one softbank used for wework on their earning's call

lol

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I'm gonna say 313,752

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Monday: Deaths down! We're over the peak! Thursday: Deaths up again! We're peaking!

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Good Citizen posted:

my fav one of these is the one softbank used for wework on their earning's call

lol

lol

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

im gonna go with 215k deaths but it wont look like we're gonna hit that until the last week of may. this also depends on florida not hiding their deaths from the official tally effectively.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

May is going to be really lovely if this thread is any indication

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

snoo posted:

I wish I knew how many ppl in my apartment complex aren't paying rent

im not paying rent

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

motedek posted:

looking good folks

so new york is trending back up?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

texas vs florida death match

Flesh Forge posted:

probably florida due to higher pop density and people churning, texas will be very bad in houston and probably dallas/ft. but florida's A1A is wall to wall party animals and it's springtime.

look at the maps of urban density, the atlantic and gulf coastlines of florida are basically giant cities

this is texas

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Moxie posted:

I think worst case is basically that most states didn't really get it yet, so the 3 week clock to mass death doesn't start till Saturday. Weekend of big spread, then another big weekend of spread, but deaths don't seem bad when all the govs in states with may 15th orders give up and open up too since everything seems fine down south

Then kaboom, incubation periods in Georgia and Texas and Iowa end just before memorial day , deaths skyrocket but not in time for people everywhere to notice and cancel their party plans

Frankly the only hope for Chicago/Illinois is a lot of deaths early in those states and the media going full bore about it

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Moxie posted:

we're ending this month with 4.5x as many sick as we started and no end in sight

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Flesh Forge posted:

texas vs florida death match

look at the maps of urban density, the atlantic and gulf coastlines of florida are basically giant cities

this is texas

wow lucky thing for these high population areas in states that are opening back up tomorrow that coronavirus has disappeared like a miracle

mastershakeman posted:

I think worst case is basically that most states didn't really get it yet, so the 3 week clock to mass death doesn't start till Saturday. Weekend of big spread, then another big weekend of spread, but deaths don't seem bad when all the govs in states with may 15th orders give up and open up too since everything seems fine down south

Then kaboom, incubation periods in Georgia and Texas and Iowa end just before memorial day , deaths skyrocket but not in time for people everywhere to notice and cancel their party plans

Frankly the only hope for Chicago/Illinois is a lot of deaths early in those states and the media going full bore about it

we will continue at ~2k deaths per day until about 3 weeks from now when we will accelerate to somewhere between 2.8k-4k deaths per day which we will stay at until it starts to slow down about 10 days after every state locks down again but harder this time, unless we just stay open, which case it will accelerate until about 10k deaths per day

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Live in Houston - here is to hoping heat and humidity inhibit the spread of the virus.

Prob doesn't help in A/C though so we're hosed.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

it's insane that we closed when like 100,000 were sick for fear of spread and now that it's about a million sick we think its time to open, america is insane

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

What are the odds Vegas strip is closed first week of June? I got a bachelor party and it seems like nobody wants to reschedule

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sab0921 posted:

Live in Houston - here is to hoping heat and humidity inhibit the spread of the virus.

it doesn't inhibit the spread of the virus so you can stop hoping for that right this very second if it'd help. continue pretending it does if that helps though.

Antonymous posted:

it's insane that we closed when like 100,000 were sick for fear of spread and now that it's about a million sick we think its time to open, america is insane

it makes perfect sense when you consider the fact that our government is controlled by russian assets who are being used to cause as much death and economic destruction as is possible

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I dont knowbwhy you are all worried. It is over. High score and last stage was reached. Anything past this is the kill screen.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Antonymous posted:

people just really wanna get back to work, they love working

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Moxie posted:

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

:pwn: i want to believe

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sab0921 posted:

didn't work for taiwan, singapore, ecuador, etc. don't count on it. hell comes 4 u

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

69k deaths

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Moxie posted:

I mean have we been wrong yet?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Antonymous posted:

we're ending this month with 4.5x as many sick as we started and no end in sight

lol there's always an end in sight

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

also I can't believe the op doesn't have any trump clips. that's a +1 for us being in hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Flesh Forge posted:

lol there's always an end in sight