Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

Edit:
Ah hell terrible snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

good thing we all got ppe and are ready this time

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Dear United States of America,

What in the actual gently caress?

Yours truly,

The Rest of the World.

P.S. Suck my dick you fuckman.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

put me in for 469,696

we'll make it to nearly the end of the month before we stop reporting, big jumps in the middle before the suppression efforts get underway

optimistically, western pact states "soft" close borders by the end of the month

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

empty whippet box posted:

it doesn't inhibit the spread of the virus so you can stop hoping for that right this very second if it'd help. continue pretending it does if that helps though.

it makes perfect sense when you consider the fact that our government is controlled by russian assets who are being used to cause as much death and economic destruction as is possible

Pretending helps. Thanks.

Otherwise, I would have to assume our state leadership is deliberately cruel and aiding the spread of the virus and deliberately causing the deaths of thousands of Texans because they figured out that the deaths are happening largely in poor and minority communities who have been systemically denied healthcare and our callous and deliberately cruel system.

It can't be that.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Put me down for 132500, but there's going to be multiple counts because red states are absolutely going to suppress just like is happening in Florida. Realistic estimates will place this at 200k.

Hell, I bet blue states will do it too purely to enable them to reopen without riots.

Atoramos has issued a correction as of 05:01 on May 1, 2020

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

vermin supreme administration timeline making me jealous

kater
Nov 16, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

it doesn't inhibit the spread of the virus so you can stop hoping for that right this very second if it'd help. continue pretending it does if that helps though.

if primary spread is droplets then it pretty much has to inhibit spread except desertland just makes people all sweaty and clamor for ac so it'd be a good idea to make sure things like shopping districts are closed.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

My Gimmick Name posted:

optimistically, western pact states "soft" close borders by the end of the month

Newsom will finally get to be president of something after all.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

My Gimmick Name posted:

put me in for 469,696

we'll make it to nearly the end of the month before we stop reporting, big jumps in the middle before the suppression efforts get underway

Lol no, Florida is already suppressing, no way we make it a month of bad news before those efforts increase. Try days.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
At 101 entries the median guess is now 169420. The wisdom of the crowd is good folks.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
You can only keep that poo poo under wraps for so long. Doctors will start leaking to the press when the bodies start piling up.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
posting to post

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Computer Serf posted:

:pwn: i want to believe

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

You can only keep that poo poo under wraps for so long. Doctors will start leaking to the press when the bodies start piling up.

Sure, and what press is going to report it? And how many other false indicators will be spread through social media? Good luck getting that signal through the noise, or figuring out which numbers are the accurate ones.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

what is there even to do, every day I wake up somebody I know or love or respect is slain, it's not going to sotp for months, how does one adjust to that?

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Atoramos posted:

Lol no, Florida is already suppressing, no way we make it a month of bad news before those efforts increase. Try days.

lot of other states i'm figuring haven't gotten their poo poo together in complete suppression but yeah texas and florida and probably georgia aren't going to be reporting much past this week

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1255943250692771843?s=20

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

e: not original, but still my guess

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
142,069 official deaths

However the number of deaths above the long term average will suggest the real figure is somewhere in the order of 696,969.420

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Outrail posted:

Yours truly,

The Rest of the World.

Yeah what the gently caress is going on over there lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

just gonna put Buckethead's discography on repeat to fall asleep to and hope that solves all my problems, will report back

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

CODChimera posted:

Denny’s is open for business is what

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Zeroisanumber posted:

How the gently caress do you keep that place open by presidential order?

Who are they going to get to work there? Prisoners?

They'll threaten their workers with homelessness or maybe charge them with disobeying the defense production order.

Once the actual workers are all dead or incapacitated they'll use prisoners or illegal immigrants from one of the ICE detention centers.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

CODChimera posted:

for the world to progress into this century america must be left behind

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

CODChimera posted:

white supremacy plus right wing anti-intellectualism, white americans are going full white brazilian

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Put me down for 107K.

My money is on the poo poo not really hitting the fan until June.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Why not just leave your car to the rats at this point?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

0 because nobody died OF covid they died WITH covid

3 million dead WITH covid, however

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I'd scream 'DO SOMETHING!' but we already know that the void is no help

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

open for busin—
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1256070118234304514?s=20

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Outrail posted:

Yours truly,

The Rest of the World.

lol like we totally had our poo poo together before and weren’t just obscenely lucky

P.S. suck your own dick you coward

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Atoramos posted:

Sure, and what press is going to report it? And how many other false indicators will be spread through social media? Good luck getting that signal through the noise, or figuring out which numbers are the accurate ones.

We've kept a somewhat clear-eyed view of what's going on, so good information is still getting out.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

CODChimera posted:

nm, just coughing and dying. hbu?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

also my 269k prediction bakes in the death counts "dropping" due to chud states retroactively declaring covid deaths as "not covid" deaths

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

DEATH

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/dumbandawful/status/1255979461612314626

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

corona spared mr rand and the dipshit uk pm she will forever harm us