Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Siljmonster posted:

You never been to an Applebee's lol

why the gently caress would i go to applebees

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

empty whippet box posted:

Because you can in america.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I just compared the rate of reported deaths each day to historical battles and loving lol we're fighting and losing the battle of gettysburg every three to four days

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

overmind2000 posted:

I just compared the rate of reported deaths each day to historical battles and loving lol we're fighting and losing the battle of gettysburg every three to four days

This may come as a surprise to you, but the Battle of Gettysburg lasted 3 days.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Charlz Guybon posted:

This may come as a surprise to you, but the Battle of Gettysburg lasted 3 days.

Ah right, I meant over the course of every three to four days. Three to four days taken as a whole would have read better in my post

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

overmind2000 posted:

Ah right, I meant over the course of every three to four days. Three to four days taken as a whole would have read better in my post

I mean that it makes the comparison even more apt.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

overmind2000 posted:

four score and *fartz(*

they knew what they signed up for

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

I'm sure sudden deaths have plateaued, which will lead idiots into thinking "it's over" and everyone becomes infected and we learn long term this destroys your genitals and kidneys and eyes and everyone envies the dead.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

If we're using non-Civil War comparisons then every day is D-Day and every day and a half is the Tet Offensive. America is getting loving slaughtered

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

So I've been reading up on this coronavirus thing and I've got to say, it's not good folks. Not good at all.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Lol, given some of our governors that is quite the accomplishment.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1256083688284139521

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Xaris posted:

start? lol

buddy...

yeah anywhere with large-ish numbers of cases but low fatalities is very likely cooking the books. NY is probably the least dubious baseline and even NY is undercounting a lot, intentionally or no. NY is reporting a CFR of around 7.5%, really any states very much below that are probably hiding bodies.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
This guy was at sea for three months.

He kinda missed a lot.

https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1256099633736167424

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

REOPEN 𝒪𝓊𝓉𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝒮𝓉𝑒𝒶𝓀𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓈𝑒 NOW

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

tell that friend of a friend to kill himself

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

free all insane permabanned posters

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Man Musk posted:

REOPEN 𝒪𝓊𝓉𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝒮𝓉𝑒𝒶𝓀𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓈𝑒 NOW

Outbreak Steakhouse

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Flunky posted:

Outbreak Steakhouse

That's a solid username

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

hahahaha I'm so loving scared

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

snoo posted:

Don't worry snoo. Most people go through life not knowing what will kill them, at least you don't have that to worry about.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Are we seeing civil unrest anywhere in the US (chud parades excepted)? I feel like this timeline owes me some riots.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

snoo posted:

you'll be fine*

also it's pretty cool living through an actual historic moment in human history with neoliberalism being completely loving paralyzed, however much longer that may be. as my good pal jim morrison used to say, just break on through to the lmaoside

* terms and conditions may apply

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

ryanrs posted:

Are we seeing civil unrest anywhere in the US (chud parades excepted)? I feel like this timeline owes me some riots.

nah just chud parades. it might not be till lockdown number 2, or number 3. give it q4 2020 at least jeez

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Meanwhile it's snowing in Australia and a 40 foot wide sinkhole opened in Melbourne. Truly the end times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_s4vAoybKI

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Not that I'm hoping for riots, but it is kinda dispiriting that people aren't even getting agitated about the lovely federal response.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

ryanrs posted:

Not that I'm hoping for riots, but it is kinda dispiriting that people aren't even getting agitated about the lovely federal response.

lol what are they going to do, go pack up the kids n family filling up a tank of gas with their last meager $100 savings and drive 2000 miles from deadbelt, kansas to washington dc to camp out on the WH lawns?

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
In a dark way Im starting to feel like we mightve overreacted to 9/11. Its a rounding error compared to this

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

ryanrs posted:

The people smart enough to do that don't want to go outside into virus hell

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

In a dark way Im starting to feel like we mightve overreacted to 9/11. Its a rounding error compared to this

covid-19 ended jumbo jets in a way neither al-qaeda dhs nor swedish girls with yachts ever could have imagined. aircraft may evolve to be smaller and greener for the slim air travel that survives.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Inceltown posted:

So I've been reading up on this coronavirus thing and I've got to say, it's not good folks. Not good at all.

The environment has improved significantly in just a couple months of lockdowns, and this thing isn't going away for several YEARS.

The most marginalized of capitlistic society are disproportionately the 'essential' workers that are barely keeping society functioning. A few more months and we'll run out of these people, forcing significant social support improvements or a total collapse of society.

The worst parts of current society are significantly most at risk of infection and death, and most prone to ignoring warnings and spreading the disease.

It is actually very, very good.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Xaris posted:

lol what are they going to do, go pack up the kids n family filling up a tank of gas with their last meager $100 savings and drive 2000 miles from deadbelt, kansas to washington dc to camp out on the WH lawns?

It'll be a twitch riot

aight let's get guillotines in the chat let em know they hosed around and are bout to find out

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

FAUXTON posted:

It'll be a twitch riot

aight let's get guillotines in the chat let em know they hosed around and are bout to find out
these meat shortages are getting real bad, fortunately we can eat the rich for some prime rib :twisted:

ill start the wiki

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Cumulative deaths by May 31st guesses:

1-76:

77-147:

The median guess is, once again, 169420.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/305906786408480770

I will collect more guesses tomorrow. There's still until 07:00 GMT May 2nd to guess.

Notorious R.I.M. has issued a correction as of 08:50 on May 1, 2020

kater
Nov 16, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

dey got good chickn crispesrs

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/chubbyemu/status/1254966477964431362

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Cumulative deaths by May 31st guesses:

1-76:

77-147:

The median guess is, once again, 169420.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/305906786408480770

Itd be amazing if this ends up being an accurate predictor

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
My guess is zero, they'll delete the count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol 150% increase is the conservative end, sweet.

wait that is a doubling time of more than three weeks. even assuming new york ain't the crazy town no more, that's already wrong.

kater has issued a correction as of 08:53 on May 1, 2020