Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

500_000 or half a million

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Just bumped into my boomer neighbours while taking the trash out. They're just coming back from holidays at a friends farm to move down to their holiday house for a few weeks. Really hope the police catch them travelling and fine the gently caress out of them.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Doc Fission posted:

Amazon, Instacart, Target, Whole Foods, Walmart and FedEx. https://twitter.com/dmedin11/status/1255155787439185921?s=19

If you can just hit up a grocery you'll be fine.

Cool. Maybe we'll go to Kroger or Meijer. My wife doesn't wanna go to Fresh Thyme for some reason even though they've had everything we've needed for weeks and been clean/safe

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Lpzie posted:

truly the ends times: forced to stay at home, pretending to do work, and eating a lot of good foods. no other generation has suffered as ours has

a lot of people arent just sitting at home with a fake wfh job playing video games and baking bread but are dying for $7.25 an hour

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Charun posted:

also, holy poo poo, i didn't know this thread had that many posters in it

It gets thousands of posts per day?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

It gets thousands of posts per day?

Yes

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Flesh Forge posted:

lol at all you people thinking 100-150k, this should tell you something

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1256176541320568834

How many body bags would they normally be ordering?

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

posts directly proportional to death count

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

has anyone else not gotten their stimulus? it keeps saying I'm eligible, it will be updated with a date, etc, then once it said i wasn't eligible, then it went right back to saying they'd have a date soon. am I just not gonna get a stimulus? i never got my tax return from 2018 either so right now the government owes me $2000 and I feel like I will probably never see a dime of it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

gay picnic defence posted:

How many body bags would they normally be ordering?

i dunno but the point is, if trump's people think they might need 100k, the people like jared who have been all "we don't think you need that much" with respect to ventilators, testing supplies, everything else that costs money, then uh

we're probably gonna need a lot more than they're actually ordering.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Frog Act posted:

has anyone else not gotten their stimulus? it keeps saying I'm eligible, it will be updated with a date, etc, then once it said i wasn't eligible, then it went right back to saying they'd have a date soon. am I just not gonna get a stimulus? i never got my tax return from 2018 either so right now the government owes me $2000 and I feel like I will probably never see a dime of it

me and my dad have not

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

p.s. don't leave refund fuckups unsolved for too long. after 3 years it's gone for good, no backsies.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
More casualties than Vietnam just in April

https://twitter.com/LOLGOP/status/1256190165460148224

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
im not gonna make a prediction because i feel bad about entertainment somehow related to people dying but

if i were i would use the current italy deaths times 6 based on the difference in population size and the fact that the italy outbreak started maybe 3 weeks before the new york one and the prediction is for 4 weeks from now

that would be 27967 * 6 = 167802

169420 has a pretty good shot of being very close to the actual correct number

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/nwarikoo/status/1256058550406778880

Mr Ice Cream Glove has issued a correction as of 13:06 on May 1, 2020

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1255912691073454080?s=20

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

2020-69

Nice

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Put me down for 127500 cum deaths

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

538,710 deaths

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ForbesScience/status/1255292848762687490

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Frog Act posted:

I got my stimulus based on my 2019 return, but my ex husband got a double stimulus check for him AND me based off our joint 2018 return before we divorced.

Anyway, they're not sending you money you should have, and they sent out double money for me to two separate accounts. Now just watch them send me some notice of tax fraud or something for an error they made, and demand I pay some crazy amount in fees.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1256193615724007425

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1256195312965877760

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
put me down for 281,330 deaths at the end of May

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

put it in me

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

how often do you think he's just skulking around the west wing, randomly stopping in his tracks to shout "AOC!" to no one in particular?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Frog Act posted:

My insurance company gave me $50 over night

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

poty posted:

im not gonna make a prediction because i feel bad about entertainment somehow related to people dying but

if i were i would use the current italy deaths times 6 based on the difference in population size and the fact that the italy outbreak started maybe 3 weeks before the new york one and the prediction is for 4 weeks from now

that would be 27967 * 6 = 167802

169420 has a pretty good shot of being very close to the actual correct number
Pretty convincing, especially given that the Italian lockdown was more thorough. Christ...losing 100k in a month.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

kater posted:

lol 150% increase is the conservative end, sweet.

wait that is a doubling time of more than three weeks. even assuming new york ain't the crazy town no more, that's already wrong.

It hasn't even really hit, like, Chicago yet. Once it starts warming up, things are going to be interesting.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

facetoucher cat posted:

I figured out that I wake up around 4:30am/5am every morning when my husband goes pee then my cats wake up and then in turn wake me up because "FOOD TIME MOTHER" so obviously the only resolution is to have him start wearing adult diapers to bed

lol if you think cats need anything in particular to wake them up at 430 in the morning to start bothering you for the food they get at 7 am every single day

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
How many bodies could you hypothetically cram into one body bag anyhow?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Colonel Cancer posted:

How many bodies could you hypothetically cram into one body bag anyhow?

Dont forget these are American bodies we are taking about, so we had better hope they got the XXL body bags.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

AOC!

incredible

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It hasn't even really hit, like, Chicago yet. Once it starts warming up, things are going to be interesting.

haha yeah the virus dies in hot and humid climates! according to everyone in the south or something lol

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Read the local news page this morning and got genuinely pissed off for these kids.

Since they shut down the schools, graduating seniors won't really have a ceremony. So the local high school in the district put small signs in the lawns of graduating seniors to congratulate them. Well, one of these neighborhoods is an HOA and the HOA president fined the parents $100 for the sign. When the local news knocked on his door to ask for a comment he refused to come out and talk to them.

gently caress this guy and gently caress his dogshit HOA.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/business/status/1256200724171698177?s=20

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rynn posted:

Read the local news page this morning and got genuinely pissed off for these kids.

Since they shut down the schools, graduating seniors won't really have a ceremony. So the local high school in the district put small signs in the lawns of graduating seniors to congratulate them. Well, one of these neighborhoods is an HOA and the HOA president fined the parents $100 for the sign. When the local news knocked on his door to ask for a comment he refused to come out and talk to them.

gently caress this guy and gently caress his dogshit HOA.

very presidential

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

I remember one of my college professors going off about how HOAs are iron clad in their legal bounds as well. like you literally cant fight them.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1256201376276733953

cool. great

(doesnt mean they "feel sick" again or need to go to the hospital)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

dew worm posted:

I remember one of my college professors going off about how HOAs are iron clad in their legal bounds as well. like you literally cant fight them.

Nah they're not impervious. You just have to show up and vote, and only old people with a bunch of time on their hands do the board/officer stuff. But with an 80% vote they can be disbanded.