Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Soviet Commubot posted:

File this under "unintentionally good". Posted by an old Army buddy who post a lot of pro-Trump thin blue line poo poo so I'm guessing it's some residual redneck hatred for cops, he's in his 60s, or some Deep State whatever nonsense.

This one is begging to have that Melheur tarp sniper shopped into the last frame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Soviet Commubot posted:

File this under "unintentionally good". Posted by an old Army buddy who post a lot of pro-Trump thin blue line poo poo so I'm guessing it's some residual redneck hatred for cops, he's in his 60s, or some Deep State whatever nonsense.

i was curious
Militarization of police
i don't know if they don't notice the only examples they give of the need for police escalation are minorities and leftwing groups in general but holy gently caress.

i do notice that it kind of skims over gun manufacturers literally advertising to the police and how two guns have continually been responsible for billions of spending and ramping up the police state.

but the answer is 1990:
"The "National Defense Authorization Act of 1990", section 1208 authorized transfer of military hardware from the Department of Defense broadly to "federal and state agencies", but specifically "for use in counter-drug activities" as this legislation was passed in the context of the War on Drugs"
because drugs. you were so scared of the pot that you handed barney fife the keys to a humvee you fucknuts.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

NatasDog posted:

This one is begging to have that Melheur tarp sniper shopped into the last frame

I went in a different direction.

:nws: https://imgur.com/zQA8BGM :nws:

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
This is their figurehead now? You know who else was confined at the end? :hitler:

There may some IQ depreciation side effects from this virus we haven't considered.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who is the random white dude?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Manuel Calavera posted:

Who is the random white dude?

Jeffrey Epstein

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Can't fault the line at the end because I'm pretty sure none of these things happened.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Can't fault the line at the end because I'm pretty sure none of these things happened.

I mean, sort of. It's true events plucked out of context then fluffed up to be even more awful looking. Like "closes all travel from China" isn't true - there were a shitload of exemptions - and, more importantly, it came a day after the first confirmed incident of community spread meaning it was too little far too late. DeBalsio's people did gently caress up the response in NYC and did poo poo like tell people to go to a parade, but that's not a quote. Barbot didn't frame it as a counter to Trump, just stated the (wrong) belief that somehow you couldn't get the virus from commuting. Pelosi did say it was okay to go to Chinatown, but that was because precautions were in place and it was a comment in response to suggestions that people should avoid the area because the virus originated in Wuhan, China.

Also all the NYC poo poo ~mysteriously~ leaves out everything the New York state government was doing and everything Trump wasn't.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
plus, i don't know, i'd assume the president of the united states of america has better, more current, and just in general more information than "nyc health council member"

i swear to christ "but he did it too!" is something you put a 4 year old in time out for trying.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

quote:

Just stop scrolling for a minute and look at this photo. This is NOT a political post by any means. This is simply something that everyone should stop and think about.
Can you imagine the weight this man is feeling right now? I have only a wife that depends on me daily, yet on some days my stress level is through the roof and I feel like the weight of the world is all on me. When he signed up for this role (without pay) He was willing to take on the job, but the magnitude of what we’re currently experiencing has got to be paralyzing. This is possibly the first time he has ever felt powerless over something. To some, nothing he does is ever right or good enough and i understand that, but do you ever wonder how he must be dealing with it all? When his head finally hits the pillow at night after press conferences, the scrutiny of the media, countless meetings, the endless negative and derogatory comments thrown at him, and constantly trying to defend himself and protect our country.
Does he break down and cry from all the pressure?
Is he scared and confused?
Is he even able to sleep?
Can he shut his mind off at all?
Or does he lay there and talk to God all night praying for strength and answers?
Whether he’s making you proud or not, look at this photo and ask God to soften your heart just a litte bit and lift this man up in prayer. He needs them right now more than ever. He is carrying the weight of OUR country on his shoulders and I don’t think anybody could or would want to be in his position right now.
Feel free to share this post and remind everyone to be kind(to everyone) and to pray for President Trump and for the entire world 🙏🏼❤️
As always... if you don’t have anything nice to say, there’s NO NEED to comment, just keep scrolling. No one wants to hear you crab or your negative comments at a time like this.
#istandwithourpresident

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
He looks like he ate ice cream too fast.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Given his diet and physical condition, I'm honestly surprised the stress of office hasn't caused a cardiac event or something

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

jivjov posted:

Given his diet and physical condition, I'm honestly surprised the stress of office hasn't caused a cardiac event or something

He is somehow the healthiest morbidly obese person on the planet. It's crazy. Really does show how much damage alcohol does.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The stress of the office doesn't get a chance to get to him because he does about 1/4 the number of hours in a day as other presidents and most of the hours he does work is leaving things for other people to do.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Medullah posted:

He is somehow the healthiest morbidly obese person on the planet. It's crazy. Really does show how much damage alcohol does.
and pence didn't get the rona despite touring a rona factory without a mask. i gotta say team trump looking pretty good right about now...

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

InsertPotPun posted:

and pence didn't get the rona despite touring a rona factory without a mask. i gotta say team trump looking pretty good right about now...

Doesn't it take awhile for the symptoms to show? Maybe Pence just doesn't know he has it yet.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

the_steve posted:

Doesn't it take awhile for the symptoms to show? Maybe Pence just doesn't know he has it yet.

He might be feeling a little horse.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
What will Pence do when Mother isn’t allowed into his hospital room and a lady healthcare provider walks in?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

borkencode posted:

What will Pence do when Mother isn’t allowed into his hospital room and a lady healthcare provider walks in?

I imagine he'll shriek and throw a bible at her.

But lol if you think he hasn't already made sure all his medical providers know that he'd rather die than be alone with a woman.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the tech bro thread has a robo nurse that has a feminine figure, where in the uncanny valley curve does Pence trigger?

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
More dispatches from Orange County:

San Clemente Life posted:

For those saying it is "just the beach", "can't you stay home" and "think about your community" well you are right, it is just the beach but it also represents the last straw. We want the beaches open and we want our community and neighboring communities open. Speaking of the community, that is exactly who we are thinking about. We are thinking about the families that have lost all their savings, the ones that are facing eviction and possible homelessness, the ones that have returned to their addictions because of the stress, the ones who have gone so far down the rabbit hole that they have taken their own lives, the children or spouse who are stuck with an abuser, the entrepreneur who has lost it all, the single moms who have has to quit their job to take care of their children. This pandemic has spread far beyond the ill and those who have unfortunately have lost their lives. Those other victims we are not hearing about or seeing them represented. This is not a red or blue issue but rather "a bigger picture" matter. There have been 44 unfortunate deaths in a county of 3 million. it is time that we get back to work, using caution and being smart and safe. I hope this post finds you all well, whatever view point you have...

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Why do they think it doesn't spread in Walmart?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Cause they get to stay open.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Right but that doesn't mean you can't get covid at Walmart

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Aaand with that it's friday night, time to return to some addictions.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

That’s the point you can still get covid at Walmart so why not just open up the hair salon? What’s the diff?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

VitalSigns posted:

Right but they are idiots who think that Walmart being open is a sign the powers that be think Walmart is safe, rather than Walmart being where many people get the food they need to live.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

VitalSigns posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yqw_f26SvM&t=36s

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Well at least they learned one thing: Government is essential. Business, not so much.

"Fine, we'll follow the will of the people. Walmart is henceforth closed, national guard enforcement." Checkmate land whales.

These are the same people that whine when the police strike and when they have to stand in line to renew their drivers license. Yet they stand in line at the movie theater, at Walmart, and probably every morning to get their $9 caffeiwhippechino. Amazing that a for profit isn't asked to hire more attendants yet a notforprofit is.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

VitalSigns posted:

They're terminally dumb.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

I traveled from Belgium to the USA in mid February and the “ban” from China wasn’t a ban. The officials looked at your passport for any stamps from China and if you had one you were quarantined for 2 weeks.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Did they give you instruments in quarantine so you could tell people you were at ban camp?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Orange Devil posted:

They're terminally dumb.

They're being sarcastic but fail to understand grocery stores et al being open is more like a concession than a confirmation of safety.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

Insane relative very upset about stay at home orders and rage forwarding his favorite posts from whatever batshit groups he's in

quote:

For the people demanding that the country to remain shut down, please answer these questions:

1) How many children should starve in order to make you feel safe?

2) How many families must go bankrupt in order to make you feel safe?

3) How many wives and children must be stuck at home with an abusive husband/father or husbands and children with an abusive wife, in order to make you feel safe?

4) How many business owners should lose everything they've worked for in order to make you feel safe?

5) With a report of how suicide hotline calls are up 831% as of the last week of April, how many people are you comfortable with committing suicide from hopelessness and financial ruin in order to make you feel safe?

6) How many people have to lose their jobs, their health insurance, their life savings, and most important precious time with their family and loved ones they will never get back to make you feel safe?

Come up with an actual number, don't just dismiss the questions. Come up with the number of people that you think should surrender their lives for YOUR feelings and YOUR safety.

Does it make you feel safer knowing that your unwarranted fear and panic are costing others their livelihoods and even their own lives?

Each time you demand keeping the country shut down, remember what it's costing OTHER people for you to sit in your house watching TV, swallowing the panic narrative, and hoarding toilet paper. So, how many times do the rest of us just sit back and not say anything for fear of being labeled "selfish?" And how many times can you say what you say before YOU become selfish?

Also, remember this - if the TV news had never told you to be afraid of this virus, you wouldn't have. You'd have never given it much of a thought. You'd have gone about your life as usual along with everyone else. You'd likely have never known there was a virus at all, you’d have thought that this was just another type of Flu. So, remember that all your fear and panic exists because you were TOLD to live in fear and panic. Regardless of whether things reopen or not, you still have the choice to stay home and not go places if you feel that is what is best for you and your family. So, do THAT if it makes you feel comfortable. I wouldn't think you were selfish if you did that. Please don't label me for NEEDING to get back to my life.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
"If the news didn't tell you to panic, you wouldn't have known there was a virus" is a hell of a hot take, given Covid's mortality rate

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

RagnarokAngel posted:

They're being sarcastic but fail to understand grocery stores et al being open is more like a concession than a confirmation of safety.

This is because they are terminally dumb.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

jivjov posted:

"If the news didn't tell you to panic, you wouldn't have known there was a virus" is a hell of a hot take, given Covid's mortality rate

"As long as I" *gasp* "don't listen to" *gasp* "MSNBC this isn't" *gurgle* "happening" *EKG flatline tone*

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

SixPabst posted:

Insane relative very upset about stay at home orders and rage forwarding his favorite posts from whatever batshit groups he's in

Sounds like a strong case for a social safety net.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

SixPabst posted:

Just change every sentence to be about guns and send it back.