Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

Today iowa partial reopens 77 of 99 counties.

Today iowa posted it's most confirmed cases of 740.

May is really going to be opening the bloodgates for most of the US landmass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/EyesLeftPod/status/1256038171449503744

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

old beast lunatic posted:

Yup, The amount of lovely human beings and level of their shittyness is the most profoundly depressing thing I’ve ever experienced. I mean I know I’m not alone here. Just feels good to point it out.

the last five years have essentially completely destroyed my faith in humanity, utterly unironically

Starks posted:

I’ve been to Modoc too. my advice is to steer clear of the chicken coop behind Rose’s Bed and Breakfast.

why, what did you do?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

400,000 dead by the end of may

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is the hoax over yet

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

still confused as to why the obungler was giving hot mess elon a massage

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
So like 1/3rd of the deaths in the US are in NYC alone. Presumably it got started and was spreading in NYC weeks before anywhere else. So the high number of deaths there I'm guessing is just that city being further along the curve. Meanwhile the rest of the country is only just now catching up and getting to the point where it's nicely scattered throughout the general population, ready to explode everywhere if you give it half a chance, and they're opening everything up for business because it was all a Chinese hoax? Is that right?

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Is the hoax over yet

yes its time to get bCAK TO WORK

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Pussy Boss posted:

400,000 dead by the end of may

That's pretty grimdark

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1256217984944738307

Lund wants histoplasmosis in addition to covid-19.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Often Abbreviated posted:

So like 1/3rd of the deaths in the US are in NYC alone. Presumably it got started and was spreading in NYC weeks before anywhere else. So the high number of deaths there I'm guessing is just that city being further along the curve. Meanwhile the rest of the country is only just now catching up and getting to the point where it's nicely scattered throughout the general population, ready to explode everywhere if you give it half a chance, and they're opening everything up for business because it was all a Chinese hoax? Is that right?

:yeah: it rules

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yep! The only real hope now is that we had a really bad read on it initially and it's been spreading like crazy to the point that most people have caught it and it just turns out the CFR is barely above influenza. There's nothing to support this hope, but it's the only one we've got.

All the stuff that needs to be in place to make re-opening work isn't there. Anywhere you can't just go and get a test because you want one is somewhere that it is not safe to reopen and those places are also the ones currently re-opening

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I honestly feel that Trump is, at least temporarily, and by temporarily that could mean literally like 36hrs or something, trying a toned down approach to his "OPEN UP!" rhetoric. For example in his response to that Mitchell guy, Trump said the U.S. did the right thing not to do what Sweden did. And here in this tweet he is refraining from calling the Gov of Michigan an out of control dictator stealing freedom from people, but instead is saying that they should "cut a deal"

This could mean he is actually freaking out about a prolonged outbreak across the U.S.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
What?! I CaNT BELIEVE THIS?!?! how?!?!?! Surely not GEORGIA?!?!

https://twitter.com/ajc/status/1256248545520373760?s=21

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
We don't have the PPE to adminster enough tests to figure out where we are on the curve much less track/trace Taiwan style and test the entire populace daily or whatever

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I really wish theyd figure out a way to do the test without having to trash an N95/face shield/pair of gloves/goggles/gown/booties for every single test or whatever

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

because it was all a Chinese hoax? Is that right?

close.

It is a Chinese communist (chicom) attempt to destroy are freedom.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I honestly feel that Trump is, at least temporarily, and by temporarily that could mean literally like 36hrs or something, trying a toned down approach to his "OPEN UP!" rhetoric. For example in his response to that Mitchell guy, Trump said the U.S. did the right thing not to do what Sweden did. And here in this tweet he is refraining from calling the Gov of Michigan an out of control dictator stealing freedom from people, but instead is saying that they should "cut a deal"

This could mean he is actually freaking out about a prolonged outbreak across the U.S.

Not the first time it happened. Trump gets really loud and proud about an idea concerning COVID and then eventually dials down and will even flip around when doctors tell him 'Absolutely not and we got papers to explain why' long enough. He's a professional jam wriggler.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

our last, best, hope is that its just the flu bro

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Garbage workers are more heroic than every US troop put together

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

i've had some of these csgo tournaments on in the background during quarantine and noticed poo poo like "the air force plays of the game" lol

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Al-Saqr posted:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Al-Saqr posted:

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

lmao @ overwatch being one of the games

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

shovelbum posted:

I really wish theyd figure out a way to do the test without having to trash an N95/face shield/pair of gloves/goggles/gown/booties for every single test or whatever

we are leading the world in Testing!

other countries are jealous of our Testing!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ChristsDickWorship posted:

i've had some of these csgo tournaments on in the background during quarantine and noticed poo poo like "the air force plays of the game" lol

There's a massive arcade game / competitive e"sports" thing here every year called Replay FX. Last year the Army put on a big show with a giant gaming truck, dudes in dumbass gaming jerseys, the works.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Aren't most military first person shooter video games tools for military recruitment anyway?

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I've been to Modoc County. If there is a place where the old west still exists, it's there. People at a sandwich shop in Antioch were fascinated by me just because I was an outsider.

The only thing I know about Modoc is they have a lot of mole rats

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Mons Hubris posted:

The only thing I know about Modoc is they have a lot of mole rats

those little bastards are genetic freakshows i love them

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Al-Saqr posted:

What?! I CaNT BELIEVE THIS?!?! how?!?!?! Surely not GEORGIA?!?!

https://twitter.com/ajc/status/1256248545520373760?s=21

at least the corpses will look great with their recent haircuts

Calypso
Sep 28, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Saucer Hovers posted:

those little bastards are genetic freakshows i love them

sir, turn your monitor on

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.
280,000 by the end of this month.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Bert Roberge posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1256217984944738307

Lund wants histoplasmosis in addition to covid-19.

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

lmao trump's approval hit a record high

this is why David Foster Wallace checked out voluntarily

whats the point of living in this poo poo world full of assholes and dumbasses

I grew up thinking I was dumb, but not this dumb

where are the adults this could’ve been solved in March

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

isn’t it in the Bible that 144,000 are going to heaven or something?

I’d change my predicted deaths answer but rn 144k deaths by Covid seems optimistic