Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

MMF Freeway posted:

The only effect is that the "horn" on Snake's head gets bigger. Its actually quite hard to do naturally because during the course of normal gameplay you will be doing things that both increase and decrease your demon points. The exception is an endgame building project that anyone would definitely recognize as something a bad boy would do.

I am pretty sure decommissioning a nuke takes away a ton of demon points and will make you look normal no matter how many demon points you had. So you can make a nuke and immediately decommission it and your'e fine.

None of the naughty poo poo you do in the game is permanent. It may have been at launch, but they've changed a lot since then. Like Quiet isn't permanently gone. Even though I have still not been able to get her back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

il serpente cosmico posted:

Jedi: Fallen Order just went on sale (40%) off. Worth it? I suppose if I'm itching to play it I could just subscribe to EA's service for a month and then cancel and save some money.

I love it, but I'm a pretty big Star Wars fan, and more of a casual gamer. It's not hard (on normal difficulty at least), and when you unlock some of the abilities, you feel like an absolute bad rear end.
I'm currently doing a lets play of it if you wanted to see a 45 year old goon play it (poorly).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80e39HNCJrU&list=PLMTW2dM1DF0hQP-oS7PoetGWBfgYRVSLh

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I can't imagine being a person that dislikes Monster Hunter World. I'm not trying to insult anybody, it's just extremely good and ticks all the right boxes for me

I didn’t really dislike it per se, as much as I just wasn’t having a good time. Same with dark souls. It’s the kind of thing where I can see why someone would like it, and it seems like it should be my cup of tea, but some intangible factor stopped me from actually having fun. I didn’t hate it like I did something like Brink or RDR2.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

repiv posted:

They patched in a hidden way to remove demon status without grinding good boy points - when you reach the cap, a "refugee rescue" dispatch mission becomes available.

It requires high level staff and will likely kill many of them, and takes a full realtime week to complete, and only awards 10 GMP, but completing it resets your demon points to zero.

That's a pain in the neck - you'd think that once you're done with the storyline you'd be cut free of that business. I was particular about not being spotted and being almost entirely non-lethal (besides that mission on Mother Base, of course), it'd be nice to gently caress around with the lesser-used parts of the toybox without being punished for it.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

spincube posted:

That's a pain in the neck - you'd think that once you're done with the storyline you'd be cut free of that business. I was particular about not being spotted and being almost entirely non-lethal (besides that mission on Mother Base, of course), it'd be nice to gently caress around with the lesser-used parts of the toybox without being punished for it.
You really aren't, though. Maxing out the demon points takes a long time and is pretty hard to achieve without doing that one Mother Base project.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Jedi: Fallen Order just went on sale (40%) off. Worth it? I suppose if I'm itching to play it I could just subscribe to EA's service for a month and then cancel and save some money.

Worth it at that price imo. I bought it full price and wasn’t disappointed even though I played through it only once.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I went the Origin route. I think the game took me 20-30 hours to beat so plan accordingly: I stretched it out over two months so I wasn't actually saving much money over the sale price of the game.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I can't imagine being a person that dislikes Monster Hunter World. I'm not trying to insult anybody, it's just extremely good and ticks all the right boxes for me

I have over 600 hours in it but it’s not hard to see why people bounce off of it. almost no knowledge transfers over from other games that aren’t monster hunter, so there’s very little you can do to ease the transition into it. many weapon controls are complicated and unintuitive. it doesn’t really emphasize a huge number of mechanics and skills that are key to improving performance. many concepts are still completely opaque, such as how “affinity” is listed on every weapon but defined nowhere in the game and the relative value of elemental vs physical damage is impossible to calculate without outside knowledge. Most of all, the controls tell you what a weapon can do but not how to apply it, which leaves new players not understanding the importance of the 30-step process to charge the charge blade’s shield, the fact that insect glaive is toothless without red buff, how to parse the bowgun ammo screen, or the fact that bowguns being able to load 20 different kinds of ammo doesn’t actually mean you should use more than 2 of them on any given build.

All of this is worth overcoming because the cats are pretty great.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Another bad opinion from Cardiovorax, whoda thunk it! It's a very good Soulsy game, and it has some fantastic villains. One of the best Star Wars games.

I hate to go to bat for the guy but your very post at the top of the page should make anyone second and triple guess anything you say.

But serioulsy thats still a pretty high price for fallen order just get it on ea access

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

StrixNebulosa posted:

Wrong word gaffe aside, I agree with you - Disco Elysium is very very good, but I don't want to watch a tragic movie. I return to it now and then to play more and enjoy it, but especially lately I've been craving other things.

Anyways, humble choice drops today. PLEASE don't make me regret any of my recent purchases, I'm begging you.

I found DE to be surprisingly warm and empathetic. It's not like The Talos Principle, which had me feel :smith: for days. Kim is a real friend and he's real.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I wish Tales of Graces F was on Steam, they ported almost all of the rest of them :\

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

e: The two XCOM 2 DLC are XCOM® 2 + XCOM® 2: Reinforcement Pack and XCOM® 2: Resistance Warrior Pack

and Jurassic World Evolution + Jurassic World Evolution - Deluxe Dinosaur Pack

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 1, 2020

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the monster fighting itself is fine, maybe even great, but loot/infinite treadmill stuff in any game really, really turns me off.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

e: The two XCOM 2 DLC are XCOM® 2 + XCOM® 2: Reinforcement Pack and XCOM® 2: Resistance Warrior Pack

That seems to be a really lovely month.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The only things in there I want are Warsaw and Rise of Industry. XCom 2 is good but I already have that. 40k Gladius and Jurassic World Evolution are... eh. I own them and they aren’t bad but nothing I’d recommend going out of your way for. Horace looks like it’s completely up its own rear end.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

anilEhilated posted:

You really aren't, though. Maxing out the demon points takes a long time and is pretty hard to achieve without doing that one Mother Base project.

yeah, it's worth noting that once i found out that speed bonuses nearly trumped everything else for S ranks i would just run full tilt through missions with the automatic grenade launcher gibbing everyone and i don't think i ever came close to maxing out demon points. the scale is something like: kill a person, 10 demon points. build a nuke, 50,000 demon points.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
MO Astray is worth a pick.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

anilEhilated posted:

That seems to be a really lovely month.

Yeah, I'm a pretty big proponent of the "it's only twelve bucks you goober" argument when it comes to the monthly but this is the first time I've looked at it and really had a hard time justifying it. I think the only two games I was even tangentially aware of were X-Com and Heave Ho just because Achievement Hunter played it several times.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

StrixNebulosa posted:

Huh, wasn't Forager supposed to be in this month's bundle according to some leak?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
There's no way that game is as good as the mental image I got when I misread the title as NedVerse

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The only things in there I want are Warsaw and Rise of Industry. XCom 2 is good but I already have that. 40k Gladius and Jurassic World Evolution are... eh. I own them and they aren’t bad but nothing I’d recommend going out of your way for. Horace looks like it’s completely up its own rear end.

And upon looking at my steam library, I actually already own Rise of Industry. I think I’m gonna pull the trigger regardless and just give the keys for everything that isn’t Warsaw away so other people who want one thing out of here don’t have to pay.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Horace was a freebie on epic not too long ago. Don't forget to re pause friends.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
XCOM2 is of course outstanding, but I suspect that everyone who wanted is already owns it by now. The WH:Gladius title is soooo tempting, since it's 4x and has a native linux client (!!), but then it's a warhammer game so of course it'll be half baked rubbish, like they all are.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Samuringa posted:

There's no way that game is as good as the mental image I got when I misread the title as NedVerse

The Simpsons: Into the NedVerse

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCRTRsQ2W1U

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Serephina posted:

it's a warhammer game so of course it'll be half baked rubbish, like they all are.

Dawn of War 2 was great!

But yikes, what a dull bundle.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Terminal autist posted:

I hate to go to bat for the guy but your very post at the top of the page should make anyone second and triple guess anything you say.

Broken clocks can be right twice a day. :colbert:

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I can pause the monthly subscription as many times in a row as I want without losing the classic plan right?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

This post here is just to remind the thread that Ugly In The Morning is an incredibly good looking person, a scholar and a gentleman, and is a product of impeccable breeding.

(Thanks for the key mate)

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Sininu posted:

I can pause the monthly subscription as many times in a row as I want without losing the classic plan right?

I hope so, but I was sorta put off since the "pause a month" thing goes through like 5 confirmations and it makes it sound like you're canceling.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

I hope so, but I was sorta put off since the "pause a month" thing goes through like 5 confirmations and it makes it sound like you're canceling.

You can pause without cancelling the classic plan

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

And not a single shot of the UI, game modes, or what playing the game might actually look like.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

GreatGreen posted:

And not a single shot of the UI, game modes, or what playing the game might actually look like.

it's chess

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

GreatGreen posted:

It's chess

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

GreatGreen posted:

It's chess.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

The FIRST person to quote this post and reply with their choice will get a PM with the STEAM key for that game:

Option 1 - Jurassic World Evolution
Option 2 - XCOM2
Option 3 - Chess Ultra

To be clear - I have all of these games already and one choice remaining, so YOU pick which one you want and I'll claim it for you.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

GreatGreen posted:

Cowcaster posted:

it's chess

Samuringa posted:

It's chess

Mordja posted:

It's chess.
You might think that, and yet the most helpful steam review:

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

D1E posted:

The FIRST person to quote this post and reply with their choice will get a PM with the STEAM key for that game:

Option 1 - Jurassic World Evolution
Option 2 - XCOM2
Option 3 - Chess Ultra

To be clear - I have all of these games already and one choice remaining, so YOU pick which one you want and I'll claim it for you.

Option 1 - Jurassic World Evolution please

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Cowcaster posted:

it's chess

Samuringa posted:

It's chess

Mordja posted:

It's chess.

Oh right, kinda like how Tetris is just Tetris and there's only ever been one single version of that game too.

Good point.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

You might think that, and yet the most helpful steam review:

Thank you.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Option 1 - Jurassic World Evolution please

PM'd - thanks!