Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

It's roguelike survival MOBA chess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

D1E posted:

The FIRST person to quote this post and reply with their choice will get a PM with the STEAM key for that game:

Option 1 - Jurassic World Evolution
Option 2 - XCOM2
Option 3 - Chess Ultra

To be clear - I have all of these games already and one choice remaining, so YOU pick which one you want and I'll claim it for you.

I'd happily take option 2 if you still have it.

No prob, thanks anyway!

Terminally Bored fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 1, 2020

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Terminally Bored posted:

Option 2 if you still have it.

Sorry :(

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Also I've actually been looking at Gladius for a while now. It looks like a pretty fun game, but there is a hefty amount of DLC for it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Also I've actually been looking at Gladius for a while now. It looks like a pretty fun game, but there is a hefty amount of DLC for it.

The DLC is at least stuff like new factions, and while I was a bit down on the game I will say it’s fantastic at making factions play like totally different games in the same ruleset. I would recommend trying the game, seeing if it’s for you, and if it is, buying a faction or two you think sounds fun.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Don't buy the monthly if you only want XCOM 2, wait for a good price on the whole collection https://isthereanydeal.com/game/xcomiicollection/info/
Otherwise you'll be buying the expansion separately anyway since the base game runs like crap without it.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Chess is basically the original MOBA prove me wrong.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the original moba was the defense of the ancients use map settings map in warcraft 3 i'll take my prize in steam bucks

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Uhh I believe you mean aeon of strife for starcraft

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Shoutout to Griefor for the XCOM 2 key. Didn't really like the prequel as much as the original X-Com so let's see how this one fares. Cheers!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

GrandpaPants posted:

Chess is basically the original MOBA prove me wrong.
it's not even the original chess

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Just play Mahjong Soul. It's the Golden Week, after all.

People wanted to know what's in the Humble Monthly before buying the bundle, so the monkey's paw obliged. I preferred the old one because there were always two or three games I really wanted to check out, now it's just dregs.

Blattdorf fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 1, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mahjong's a lot of fun once you realize that it's like any card game in that there's luck-of-the-draw involved. I didn't get that when I was learning for some reason, got pretty frustrated :eng99:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/epyoncf/status/1256290773802287105

I really should take this out for a spin, see how it's come since its earliest releases.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Cowcaster posted:

yeah, it's worth noting that once i found out that speed bonuses nearly trumped everything else for S ranks i would just run full tilt through missions with the automatic grenade launcher gibbing everyone and i don't think i ever came close to maxing out demon points. the scale is something like: kill a person, 10 demon points. build a nuke, 50,000 demon points.

Yep, and decommissioning one is like -50,000 demon points. And you don't have to build one yourself. You can steal one from an FOB (may not be that easy to do these days). But the only thing that gives you mega-demon points is something you can undo immediately.

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

Neovers? 0YADR-?8RPM-YENJR
XC0M 2 2GD6A-BHR45-LW?JE
XC0M 2 Resistance Warriors ?NXV7-ALMXX-H78Y4

Objective Action fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 1, 2020

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

neoverse is gone

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Objective Action posted:

XC0M 2 2GD6A-BHR45-LW?JE

Thanks for XCOM!

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Objective Action posted:

XC0M 2 2GD6A-BHR45-LW?JE
I took Neoverse, thanks! Good timing too, I need a break from losing at Dream Quest.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I can't imagine being a person that dislikes Monster Hunter World. I'm not trying to insult anybody, it's just extremely good and ticks all the right boxes for me

I enjoyed it but I have zero desire to play it ever again

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Did they fix Jedi FO? I remember reading that it was kind of buggy at launch. Speaking of, it's 40% on Steam but 50% on Origin.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

*ead Island Definitive Edition: G6*YT-96PLY-KQHY4
Pathologic *lassic HD: MAR*N-0DXZ7-G30XR
*ook, Serve, Deli*ious! 2!!: VG*F5-HZW0T-2YBZY
Endless Legend Class*c Ed*t*on: KTC3F-Q*R3K-T27W2
Endless Legend: Tempest *LC: LAZQ4-3MHXJ-6LJM*
Sl**ping Dogs: Definitive Edition: L253C-*XYYI-P0BCG

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Armor-Piercing posted:

Pathologic *lassic HD: MAR*N-0DXZ7-G30XR
*ook, Serve, Deli*ious! 2!!: VG*F5-HZW0T-2YBZY
Endless Legend Class*c Ed*t*on: KTC3F-Q*R3K-T27W2
Endless Legend: Tempest *LC: LAZQ4-3MHXJ-6LJM*
Sl**ping Dogs: Definitive Edition: L253C-*XYYI-P0BCG

Thank you

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Armor-Piercing posted:

Thanks for Misleading Trailer: Definitive Edition. I had a lot of fun playing with friends on the 360 but haven't played it in years, looking forward to smashing zombies with oars.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Thanks for CSD2!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mordja posted:

Did they fix Jedi FO? I remember reading that it was kind of buggy at launch. Speaking of, it's 40% on Steam but 50% on Origin.

It's still a bit janky but I had no major issues playing through it a few weeks ago. My main complaints were about camera issues, and a single large enemy teleporting around and killing me in glitchy ways.

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

Mordja posted:

I'd say the movement is sometimes a bit glitchy but I saw no outright crash bugs when I played through in March.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Caligula Effect: while I enjoyed my first 49 minutes with it, holy poo poo you have to talk to EVERY NPC at least 3 times to hear unique dialogue from them, and that applies to literally all of them. Who thought this was a good idea?! :psyduck:

e: some more in-depth thoughts:

- The opening of this game has extreme pacing problems. Zero showcasing of the day to day life, it opens with WHAMMO the main character can see glitches in the matrix, he talked to vocaloid god, and he's now a member of the Go-Home Club. Now fight while talking to NPCs.

- Gameplay looks like a neat variant on jrpg combat and I look forward to trying it in harder modes and such. Normal mode could remain too easy.

- Very anime. So anime. I don't mind but wow is it anime.

Of the two Digimon Cybersleuth is the better game, but I don't mind because they're both clearly PS2 RPGs that just happened to come out on the PS Vita.

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 1, 2020

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Hitman 2: FF2RF-ZA3DE-0P*W5
Battletech: *IIKI-FNIMB-GNP9J
Turok 2: F2N*4-GIIQM-F2ZB4

As a penance I actually did play through Turok 2 remastered and I enjoyed it, it has a decent enemy variety and they do some clever things, a good soundtrack, lots of weapons, the only real bad part is the levels can be too long and some of them a bit too mazy.(just follow a guide for lair of the blind ones and save yourself the grief) The Nightdive remaster has freed it of it's biggest technical issues so in short, game good, if you like retro shooters or hated it back in the day give it a shot.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 1, 2020

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Hub Cat posted:

As a penance I actually did play through Turok 2 remastered and I enjoyed it, it has a decent enemy variety and they do some clever things, a good soundtrack, lots of weapons the only real bad part is the levels can be too long and some of them a bit too mazy.(just follow a guide for lair of the blind ones and save yourself the grief) The Nightdive remaster has freed it of it's biggest technical issues so in short, game good, if you like retro shooters or hated it back in the day give it a shot.

Hey champ, I snagged Turok 2. Cheers!

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Gladius is quite good.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Hub Cat posted:

As a penance I actually did play through Turok 2 remastered and I enjoyed it, it has a decent enemy variety and they do some clever things, a good soundtrack, lots of weapons, the only real bad part is the levels can be too long and some of them a bit too mazy.(just follow a guide for lair of the blind ones and save yourself the grief) The Nightdive remaster has freed it of it's biggest technical issues so in short, game good, if you like retro shooters or hated it back in the day give it a shot.

Thanks for Hitman 2!

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Caligula Effect: [lots of insightful observations]

I'd love it if you continued to post a few more thoughts as you go deeper in and the sale continues. REALLY on the fence on this one.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Of the two Digimon Cybersleuth is the better game, but I don't mind because they're both clearly PS2 RPGs that just happened to come out on the PS Vita.

This is my favorite part of playing some lower budget jrpgs in the last few months like Atelier or Trails games. Lackluster graphics and sometimes mechanics, lots of charm.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Memnaelar posted:

I'd love it if you continued to post a few more thoughts as you go deeper in and the sale continues. REALLY on the fence on this one.

Will do, I'll make a point of playing it.

Have you played either Persona 1 or Persona 2 - either Innocent Sin or Eternal Punishment? Neither game has amazing gameplay, both have lots of dialogue and interesting plots, and they're part of what convinced me to pick it up - I know I'm down for the writer's brand of wackiness and I'm willing to put up with jrpg nonsense to get there.

e: Though nothing in Caligula will ever top sunglasses hitler being a major boss. Innocent Sin is such a masterpiece of a game.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Look Sir Droids posted:

Yep, and decommissioning one is like -50,000 demon points. And you don't have to build one yourself. You can steal one from an FOB (may not be that easy to do these days). But the only thing that gives you mega-demon points is something you can undo immediately.
disposing of a nuke is -1000 dp, not 50k lol. disarming ten is -30k but youre still deep in the hole

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Tonight, We Riot

quote:

A REVOLUTIONARY CROWD-BASED RETRO BRAWLER
In a dystopia where wealthy capitalists control elections, media, and the lives of working people, we’re faced with two choices - accept it or fight for something better.
https://items.gog.com/tonight_we_riot/GASSED.mp4

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mordja posted:

Fallen Order isn't really so much buggy as it is retro. It has some bugs but the way it plays and the way animations and stuff are done has a very sort of, mid-late 2000s feel to it, which is I think what more people tended to object to. When you parry you snap into the animation, when you attack you kind of slide into the motion if you're a little too far away. Not in a bad way necessarily, it's still a very nice looking and smooth playing game and things like Batman and Mordor both do the same, I just couldn't get the feeling out of my head that someone had slapped a really nice graphical mod over the crazy animation blending of Jedi Academy.

It didn't impact my enjoyment of the game, it was still really solid but I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was tickling that part of my brain.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

il serpente cosmico posted:

Jedi: Fallen Order just went on sale (40%) off. Worth it? I suppose if I'm itching to play it I could just subscribe to EA's service for a month and then cancel and save some money.

Do the Origin route. It's $15 and immediately unsubscribe--and it shouldn't take that long, like maybe a 15- hr game, maybe 25-ish if you really go heavy on the collectibles (don't, they're bad and backtracking sucks in the game). It's not exactly worth $30 but isn't a complete ripoff either.

quote:

I played nu Star Wars and honestly, it's less than the sum of it's parts. If you really want to play it, you can signup for Origin Access for $15 and unsubscribe. It's a bunch of individual elements that are fairly competently done, but it doesn't come together well and sort of feels messy. Also story is loving stupid as poo poo (as one would not be surprised to encounter because lmao at Disney letting anyone do anything interesting with a licensed Star Wars title, but still very disappointing).

It is also the most "video gamey" game i've played, and that's not really a good thing. It's like a bunch of things that just shout "VIDEO GAME!" but don't fit coherently very well. Donkey Kong 64 bouncing on lily pads in nonsensical levels, lots of sliding down ramps, weird cable cars, giant puzzles that are just giant puzzles, lots of things just placed because video game. And while even though some of those elements are fun in the moment at times, it just stands out like a sore thumb and feels very awkward. Crash Bandicoot levels make more loving sense. And lots of pointless and skippable backtracking that was included for the sake of padding but nothing is changed on the backtracking. "Hey i hope you remember this chest that you can't open now, but you can open 5 hrs from now when you get a tool to open them, in the exact same area! too bad!". Like at least in Metroid you're unlocking poo poo to get to new areas like vent-balls and grappling, this is just "you can't open this chest now!! backtrack later for a skin!!" and it's insulting and dumb.

it really falls apart if you look at it any in sort of light other than "duhhh turn ur brain off!!" mindless escapism to distract yourself from hellworld, which hey, is perfectly fine, but it's also disappointing because TItanfall 2 was such an extremely good and coherently executed game start to finish. I didn't hate FO, it was entertaining and fun in the moment, but I got busy one week and stopped playing 90% through and just never thought about even picking it up again because it's just also not 'good' either in any sort of reflection hindsight

If you aren't in it for the Star Wars theme and more in it for the gameplay, I would instead recommend The Surge 2. It was insanely addicting for me with lots of things to explore, unlock, and fight. Combat was meaty but not stupidly hard and it had a lot of challenge and deflection with directional parrying/dodging and limb targetting to get sweet blueprints. It's really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Man, I wasn't expecting a Hamilton reference in Gears 5