Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Those are TOMY Commandrons!

https://www.actionfigurepics.com/2011/03/wayback-wednesday-tomy-commandrons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the article, DoctorWhat, it's nice to know my brain's not always a liar and they actually WERE from McDonalds

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

This is LEGIT

I was just thinking about him after seeing The Basics video about Optimus. I loved the art on the Dreamwave books back in the day.

I’ve been watching videos about Power Master Optimus Prime, and I think I had the original one from a flea market that was missing pieces. Didn’t know back then that the trailer combines with him. I’d like to add one to my want list, but I’m still waiting on my unemployment money to come in.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So is Baba consistently tacking on shipping or just for bigger stuff? Heat Death looks amazing and his price is good, but the shipping is still free.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Edit: Oh Snap! POW! ZOOM! WHAMMO! This was sitting on the porch!

FTFY

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

I had a few if these as a very young kid and were possibly my first transforming robot toys, I picked up the whole set on eBay a few years ago and heartily recommend them because they're adorable

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I knew someone here would come thorugh. This has been a thing that's bugged me for at least 30 years now. Thanks dude.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Oh man I remember those little dudes. I'm sure they're down in my parents' basement somewhere.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phy posted:

Lotta people on TFW complaining about his left knee falling apart, so watch for that. Fanstoys is issuing a screw to replace the poorly-set rivet responsible.

That's the only beef I'm aware of so far though

Yeah but I have to make another order to get the drat screw. Which is stupid.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Whelp, I got my Newage Jazz, Shockwave, and Starscream in. They are fantastic; especially Starscream! Went ahead and put in an order for Megatron and the Coneheads as well. That's going to tap me out for a bit, but I'm over the moon with these!

Also, got TFC Sinnertwin in the same shipment. He's also really great and I'm probably going to build Abominus now, so I'm going to have to start ebaying somethings...

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Yeah but I have to make another order to get the drat screw. Which is stupid.

What, like, they won't ship you the screw unless it's in a box with another toy? That's dumb as hell and I'm sorry about that. But you may be lucky and have a good one, so, here's hoping.

I gotta figure out something to buy off Amazon to get free shipping on Sideswipe, who, in retrospect, I absolutely shoulda grabbed. I may be turning into a Lambros guy. Meanwhile I also seriously need to finish RG Tallgeese* and pick up the RG Nu and Sazabi, cause modelling is also fun.

*It is my considered opinion that when speaking of Tallgeese, one omits the article, as one does when talking about Concorde. IE it's not The Tallgeese, or A Tallgeese, it's Tallgeese. I don't expect this to stick but I'm gonna keep doing it cause it's fun for me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It is dumb as poo poo. Baba bent over backwards to get me replacement parts from TFC about two years ago so I'm spoiled by good service.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's still loving wild that her character is named Michaela Banes.

Unrelated, is Cyberverse any good? Guessing it's not nearly as interesting as Prime. Also wondering if Rescue Bots is worth a lazy watch.

Actually ended up liking cyberverse a little better than prime. It takes a bit to get started but it draws a lot more from idw than you'd expect.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Feels good, man

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Magic posted:

Feels good, man
you got one too? man it's just the most fun drat figure. soon as I finished my heavyarms kai I had him wielding the giant chaingun and drum magazine(though the belt feed fell apart again so I didn't include that)

and hey rhyno, remember that OSKO predaking, I forget the name, maybe it was a KO feral rex, with the absurdly, stupidly huge sword that nothing can possibly hold because it's a quarter pound and a foot and a half long? turns out Apollo can sorta hold it, he can't quite hold it by the hilt(it's too big even for his gorilla mitts to hold) but he can hold it with the thin detailing at the base of the blade at least :v:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
A prequel is the works, but it’s not exactly clear to what. It would seem to cover similar ground to the Netflix show.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That explains so much.

https://twitter.com/protoman/status/1255686864008286209

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I suddenly like that toy a lot more

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lol I completely forgot there had ever been the first MP Megatron

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Also, a gallery of the other Scorponok.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
man, both scorponoks look fantastic.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

You Beast Wars fans have some interesting standards.

Anyway, Spinout is a boring name, they should call this guy

BLOODSTREAKER

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Knormal posted:

when it comes to show accuracy he's basically perfect

outside of lacking the slimy shininess of course

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Honestly I don't see the appeal at all for Show Accuracy when it comes to Beast Wars for the most part, show has aged very badly visually, like near unwatchable at this point

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Knormal posted:

BLOODSTREAKER

Tiny baby gun.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly I don't see the appeal at all for Show Accuracy when it comes to Beast Wars for the most part, show has aged very badly visually, like near unwatchable at this point

Hi, yes, this is the thread dedicated to a toyline that constantly breaks the 300+ dollar barrier to recreate a limited budgeted 1980s cartoon series where no one looked the same twice and some times you just had multiples of the same fucker running around, how are you

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

He’s not wrong though.

But I wasn’t a fan of Beast Wars in the first place. Primal and Megatron are a bat and gator to me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gary Chalk > Peter Cullen.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Knormal posted:

BLOODSTREAKER
Still hoping they do a Toy Version Sunstreaker in yellow (but, like, with the cartoony head still, cause this toy-version bonce is ginormous). His car mode really needs the black-lined windows. e: or i could just keep appreciating Sunstorm!

Rhyno posted:

I have Garry Chalk's autograph on the original Gorilla Primal that my parents got me for my 16th birthday. (The autograph came later. It's a bit of an embarrassing memory, it was my first time meeting anyone at a con and I was super tongue tied). I should probably dig that sucker out!

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Burkion posted:

Hi, yes, this is the thread dedicated to a toyline that constantly breaks the 300+ dollar barrier to recreate a limited budgeted 1980s cartoon series where no one looked the same twice and some times you just had multiples of the same fucker running around, how are you

Beast Wars was a work of art compared to G1 on every level, and visually there was a massive improvement each year as they introduced more complex lighting and particle effects along with more detailed models and fluid animation. With the exception of the movie, G1 looked like it was melting most of the time. Parts of the show are certainly dated but to say it doesn't hold up when the vast majority of Transformers cartoons are barely animated is hilarious

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Knormal posted:

BLOODSTREAKER

As a homage to Literally The First Transforming Car Robot I kinda want this but I already have the MP39 mold.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Tighclops posted:

Beast Wars was a work of art compared to G1 on every level, and visually there was a massive improvement each year as they introduced more complex lighting and particle effects along with more detailed models and fluid animation. With the exception of the movie, G1 looked like it was melting most of the time. Parts of the show are certainly dated but to say it doesn't hold up when the vast majority of Transformers cartoons are barely animated is hilarious

During the time it aired I was really impressed with the graphics of the show and found the animal to robot transformations great. It wasn't until years later that I saw the Japanese beast wars. Optimal Optimus is still one of my favorites because of how wacky the whole thing was in the show.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
The thing is

Why scorponok

They don't do that many predacons to begin with. If they have to do just season 1 characters then even terrorsaur would be more interesting.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Hemingway To Go! posted:

The thing is

Why scorponok

They don't do that many predacons to begin with. If they have to do just season 1 characters then even terrorsaur would be more interesting.

Probably because their engineer came up with a transformation scheme.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Leo?!?

Knormal posted:

BLOODSTREAKER

:rock:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
OH LOOK WHO ISN'T THE SAME HEIGHT AS FORT MAX

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

G1 but not Prime. Peter got to act more in the latter.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hello!

Rhyno posted:

OH LOOK WHO ISN'T THE SAME HEIGHT AS FORT MAX

Highly inaccurate! Scorponok should be at least half that size!

Knormal fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I am tremendously excited to start The Life Aquatic with Seacon Zissou.