Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

v1ld posted:

Very sound advice on both board and drill. Open world can be frustrating when everyone else zips over to the objective and it's all done by the time you get there. All that affinity wasted too, since you were nowhere in range.

I finally uninstalled the game yesterday when doing a spring clean in my games. Don't think I'm jumping back in for a while as I haven't played in months, but not done with the game either. This looks like a year of change for DE in terms of dev/release practices so it's not a bad time for a break I think. (I hope it's a year of change, something has to give!)

But nightwave season 3 starts in two days! It will be great!

That's what I am telling myself anyways..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

threelemmings posted:

Yeah a few months ago I started after a gap of like five years and here's my open world advice: do Venus first, until you get the skateboard you can use anywhere, level to buy the sunpoint mining drill, then stop immediately. Then go to earth and do the bare minimum to get materials for the archwing launcher. Don't do any more open world until it is built, at which point you are free.

I did try for a while with just the k drive, did thermia fractures and some ghoul stuff but it was painful.

The above makes sense.

A couple of other hints

1) POE can be tough at night if you don't have spoiler mode. Cetus can be pretty tough at any time, even for a well equipped frame.

2) A max duration zephyr is a decent alternative to @threelemmings's advice if you skip right to the harder PoE bounties. Basically, you superman between bounties. Turbulence keeps you alive and tornado protects the objectives.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

slow_twitch posted:

But nightwave season 3 starts in two days! It will be great!

That's what I am telling myself anyways..

‘It will be different this time...”

edit: real talk I want another umbra Forma.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Thermia fractures are without a doubt the mission I've had the most outright team failures on. And I've played through Scarlet Spear a ton, and have a recent enough experience of leveling up from scratch. I have never seen this.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

mortons stork posted:

Thermia fractures are without a doubt the mission I've had the most outright team failures on. And I've played through Scarlet Spear a ton, and have a recent enough experience of leveling up from scratch. I have never seen this.

Let me guess, rad procs

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

smallmouth posted:

‘It will be different this time...”

edit: real talk I want another umbra Forma.

After taking a break i do legit feel like playing Warframe a bunch now. Fully prepped for nw3 disappointment tho.

Anyone wanna post their god killer end game saryn build? Using one from way back in the thread but feel like dumping a few more forma into my favorite kill frame..

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

mortons stork posted:

People put in more coolant cells than they can handle. I've survived 4 but I was playing Wukong aka Mr Immortal.

Is there any reason to do fractures if you are maxed?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

temple posted:

People put in more coolant cells than they can handle. I've survived 4 but I was playing Wukong aka Mr Immortal.

Helping lowbies and masochism, but I repeat myself.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

temple posted:

Only if you want to fight the exploiter orb but are somehow out of thermia.

Or helping others.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

There's also scanning a jackal eximus but that's beyond masochism.

Blain
Mar 6, 2008

I don't use the Umbral Forma I've got because the supply is so constrained. I guess it's partly me being a hoarder and partly that lenses encouraged me to only use weapons and frames which had them installed, which made the game feel less freewheeling and fun.

And I don't really expect much from Nightwave. There will be some story bits that won't really change anything. I'd love to be wrong here, but the previous Nightwaves have felt like interesting footnotes at best. There will be a new reward cycle for a new Umbral Forma and maybe a mod or two worth playing with. And there will be an event at the end which is actually a bit novel for a weapon. And if I'm lucky, DE will go light enough on the event grind that my last involvement with the season won't be negative.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

temple posted:

My experience with 4x fractures is 3 people going off and exploding on the other side of the planet when 25 points are missing from objective completion and me getting blown up subsequently.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Blain posted:

I don't use the Umbral Forma I've got because the supply is so constrained. I guess it's partly me being a hoarder and partly that lenses encouraged me to only use weapons and frames which had them installed, which made the game feel less freewheeling and fun.

oh hey there, it's me!

I feel NW in general is in a decent enough place as far as catching up is concerned. My opinion is probably invalid though, I just had a blast yanking grineer all over the place as mag in a defense sortie

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Blain posted:

In the same boat bud. Every time I form something I desperately want to use it too.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

mortons stork posted:

drop Amesha's bubble on it

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

mortons stork posted:

The lack of matchmaking for it combined with almost no reason to replay it if you've maxed it makes it so bad
I didn't play it when it first released and now I'm still not maxed because it just isn't fun.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

If you can get a group together do a 4-canister fissure and make sure you have at least a Slowva and a frame that can purge Radiation procs like Oberon, Hildryn, or have a Nezha hoop everyone. Maybe have a Frost, Gara, or Limbo to keep the canister safe too. Once you've got your Opticor Vandal then you can pretend fissures don't exist.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I slogged through thermia fractures solo with Gara, not sure if thats feasible or a good idea but I had no problems getting the opticor vandal. Took awhile but I got it

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

And Tyler Too! posted:

Limbo to keep the canister safe

except when the limbo-immune enemies show up, because gently caress you

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Railjack Revisited Part 1 is launching tomorrow, 'hopefully early morning'. Stream right now is going to go over the patch notes.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

BMan posted:

except when the limbo-immune enemies show up, because gently caress you

im not sure the nullifier dudes even appear if you keep alert status down as much as possible. only nullifier you need to worry about is the fissure itself but that just requires you check on it.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Iretep posted:

im not sure the nullifier dudes even appear if you keep alert status down as much as possible. only nullifier you need to worry about is the fissure itself but that just requires you check on it.

No, the miniboss enemies just straight up ignore the rift

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
After spending hours in the Simulacrum, I think I've gone back to my old thinking that the Lanka is the best gun.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Now, try using it in missions and report back.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Tylana posted:

Now, try using it in missions and report back.

Look, the one shot he gets on that MOA is going to do a lot of damage.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

spoiler https://i.imgur.com/H2orSjY.jpg

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

How come the cool loading screen with the view from behind your landing craft comes up so rarely? I've had it literally twice in six months. Is it tied to anything in particular?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Is the Itano circus actually usable in the veil now?

dsagent
Mar 30, 2017
Hmm... Tempted to Umbral my Titania. I was saving for Nidus Prime but I barely use him.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Pipski posted:

How come the cool loading screen with the view from behind your landing craft comes up so rarely? I've had it literally twice in six months. Is it tied to anything in particular?
If it's the one i think you mean, that might only show up rarely if you return from certain nodes on earth or certain relays.

No, i don't know why it's that limited/rare either.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Ok just did a bit of testing, Warhead no longer boosts Seeker Volley, but it doesn't need it cause it loving SLAPS now holy poo poo.

dsagent posted:

Hmm... Tempted to Umbral my Titania. I was saving for Nidus Prime but I barely use him.

She doesn't need it, with the amount of DR she can get she can survive fine on shieldgating alone

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Nalesh posted:

Seeker Volley loving SLAPS now holy poo poo.
finally the railjack i wanted :toot:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I couldn't play for a couple weeks and today every drop seems to have a cloud of sparkles around it. That's new, right?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

quote:

Fixed the decoy created by the “Ruse” Kuva Lich ability having a red HUD marker. To avoid confusion of who the real Kuva Lich is, this additional marker will no longer appear. 

I mean... isn't that the whole point though

Guilty
May 3, 2003

dsagent posted:

I would save the umbral forma for someone who really benefits from having ability strength. Titania wouldn't be my first option.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

dsagent posted:

I jammed an umbral forma into Titania Prime as soon as I built her and don't regret it. Reclaiming the 8 capacity from Intensify is nice for build flexibility and she's always been one of my most used frames.

This is what I ended up with. I swap the Redirection and Stretch slots with a variety of stuff like Razorwing Blitz, Natural Talent, Streamline, and Rush. My regular Titania build was 5 forma with zero flexibility, in comparison.

In general, I think Umbral Forma are more useful as one offs to enable stronger or more flexible builds on frames that want to make use of the extra strength from Intensify. Only a handful of frames benefit from slotting armor and the bit of extra health you get from Umbral Vitality is pretty low impact.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I'm still tempted to Umbral my Frost, especially after finally actually pumping him up for Scarlet Spear.

Axegrinder
Jul 26, 2004
Sometimes sarcasm can help us think more clearly.
Good new from the patch notes:

quote:

Fixed the Ocucors energy tendril that can home-in on enemies not being affected by Multishot.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Who would you say is the better Oplink defender? Limbo, Frost, or Vauban? My fashionframe with all three is strong, and while my Mesa is the destroyer of worlds, there simply aren't enough defenders. I saw someone with a Hydroid who perfectly complimented my Frost -- my Snow Globe stopped bullets while his ability to summon Urotsukidōji, the Overfiend took out most of the melee units.

I was honestly surprised Hydroid was useful, and if I had Hydroid Prime I'd potato and forma that sumbitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

FunkyFjord posted:

I'm still tempted to Umbral my Frost, especially after finally actually pumping him up for Scarlet Spear.

I did this and now I must have another for him.