Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

Who would you say is the better Oplink defender? Limbo, Frost, or Vauban? My fashionframe with all three is strong, and while my Mesa is the destroyer of worlds, there simply aren't enough defenders. I saw someone with a Hydroid who perfectly complimented my Frost -- my Snow Globe stopped bullets while his ability to summon Urotsukidōji, the Overfiend took out most of the melee units.

I was honestly surprised Hydroid was useful, and if I had Hydroid Prime I'd potato and forma that sumbitch.

Limbo is best because you can leave toward the next point immediately. Frost is great for armor stripping (and in general. And by in general I mean stripping).

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Armor-stripping? Frost it is!

https://twitter.com/idiot_screaming/status/1256354848406155265/photo/1

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
It is hard to overstate just how much this patch improved Railjack and how remarkably low on bugs it is

guys railjack is fun now??? weird but true

I'm just hoping I can get a Turret Velocity to drop in a reasonable timeframe because that mod looks to be the key to making Apocs as good as I want them to be and I am excited by this prospect

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Screaming Idiot posted:

Who would you say is the better Oplink defender? Limbo, Frost, or Vauban? My fashionframe with all three is strong, and while my Mesa is the destroyer of worlds, there simply aren't enough defenders. I saw someone with a Hydroid who perfectly complimented my Frost -- my Snow Globe stopped bullets while his ability to summon Urotsukidōji, the Overfiend took out most of the melee units.

I was honestly surprised Hydroid was useful, and if I had Hydroid Prime I'd potato and forma that sumbitch.

Limbo and Vauban are the best, I was first on the limbo train because you can move quickly with a duration build limbo, but some dude on the official forums proved me wrong by posting a vid of him and his crew doing a 20 min run with a vauban and 0 damage to the oplinks. They're moving also just as fast as a limbo. The plus side is that vauban can also strip armor like frost.

Here's the vid he posted, his vauban build is at the end. He uses no forma: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5gJwYo6A3c

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Screaming Idiot posted:

Hydroid good, Rail Jack updates good.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Psion posted:

It is hard to overstate just how much this patch improved Railjack and how remarkably low on bugs it is

I'm just hoping I can get a Turret Velocity to drop in a reasonable timeframe because that mod looks to be the key to making Apocs as good as I want them to be and I am excited by this prospect

Yeah, the RJ update is really good, now all RJ needs is missions to run. And perhaps some corpus enemies too.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

FunkyFjord posted:

I'm still tempted to Umbral my Frost, especially after finally actually pumping him up for Scarlet Spear.

iirc isn't frost a frame that really takes advantage of all three umbral mods (i.e. abilities scale off armor and str)?

Harka fashion is on point

Quincy80
Jul 3, 2012
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1189247-warframe-revised-railjack-revisited-part-1-update-274/ Patch Notes for 27.4

First read seems positive. Railjack should be a lot more manageable now and Intrinsic gain has doubled and removing hazards grants 4x xp to previous. No more grinding for Zekti versions of Avionics, only one version of Avionics now. Avionics capacity costs reduced. Grineer fighters are now much weaker while guns are stronger.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

slow_twitch posted:

iirc isn't frost a frame that really takes advantage of all three umbral mods (i.e. abilities scale off armor and str)?

Harka fashion is on point

frost is pretty medicore these days beyond when you absolutelty need to have the best ranged defence bubbly in many places. so if you really like frost then umbra definetly helps him be tanky on top being a bubble machine.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
You fools! I slapped every umbral into Atlas Prime and now I can punch things slightly harder than before.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 14:37 on May 2, 2020

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Found my first rager in months of play, while doing fractures lol. It is testament to the average player being considerably more chill that it took this long.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oof, Vaub's fashion frame is so limited compared to even Mag. Poor buddy

What happens if you chuck sentients off the map using mag's pull or grendel's vomit? Do they just toddle back over to punch you in the face?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

My Vauban is fabulous.
https://twitter.com/No_X_in_Nixon/status/1256572932425314304?s=20

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Drop rates on the new quality of life avionics are absolutely cancerous.

Cruising Speed
Kosma Cutter 0.15%
Kosma Outrider 0.08%

Turret Velocity
Exo Outrider 0.07%
Gyre Outrider 0.1%
Kosma Outrider 0.08%

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I am amazed at the way DE insists we must eat miles of cardboard before we get to the cake every single time.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
None of those outriders are elite either, so that means farming Earth or low level Saturn missions instead of Veil where the tasty Mk III drops are?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Earth/Saturn/Veil should be Kosma/Gyre/Exo as those are the three tiers of Grineer for the three areas.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Raptor1033 posted:

Please do not say bad things about my steampunk dadbod knight.

Embrace the metal

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Chocobo posted:

Drop rates on the new quality of life avionics are absolutely cancerous.

Cruising Speed
Kosma Cutter 0.15%
Kosma Outrider 0.08%

Turret Velocity
Exo Outrider 0.07%
Gyre Outrider 0.1%
Kosma Outrider 0.08%

I know those are on the wiki as the drop rates, but I don't think that's the actual rate, I think they just copy/pasted what a "rare" and "common" drop rate were from the Before Times and assumed that was still true. Anecdotally, avionics were dropping a lot faster in every mission I played and it certainly didn't take long to get all the new ones.

Speaking of which, has anyone else had the issue where Zetki mark 3s just straight up don't drop in the Veil? Outriders drop the mark 2 and 3s consistently on Saturn and Earth still, but I ran a lot of Veil missions without seeing a drop at all, and that was happening back before the patches too.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Embrace the metal

No one can destroy the Metal
The Metal will strike you down with a vicious blow

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Uranium Phoenix posted:

I know those are on the wiki as the drop rates, but I don't think that's the actual rate, I think they just copy/pasted what a "rare" and "common" drop rate were from the Before Times and assumed that was still true. Anecdotally, avionics were dropping a lot faster in every mission I played and it certainly didn't take long to get all the new ones.

Speaking of which, has anyone else had the issue where Zetki mark 3s just straight up don't drop in the Veil? Outriders drop the mark 2 and 3s consistently on Saturn and Earth still, but I ran a lot of Veil missions without seeing a drop at all, and that was happening back before the patches too.

I was running a decent amount of veiljack last night and we noticed gian point specifically was not dropping many, if any, zektis.

We swapped over to a different veil mission and it began raining zektis, carcinoxes and reactors, everything but zekti shields really. Of course I forget which node because I was on engineer duty and not really paying attention to anything but resource levels.

Either way it seemed like the specific veil node played an unquestionably large part in determing our drop table.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

FunkyFjord posted:

I was running a decent amount of veiljack last night and we noticed gian point specifically was not dropping many, if any, zektis.

We swapped over to a different veil mission and it began raining zektis, carcinoxes and reactors, everything but zekti shields really. Of course I forget which node because I was on engineer duty and not really paying attention to anything but resource levels.

Either way it seemed like the specific veil node played an unquestionably large part in determing our drop table.

R-9 Cloud in particular seems to drop lots of Zetki shield generators. Ruse War Field seems to drop more Zetki reactors.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Hystrix riven. Hhhmmmm.

I really leaned into those hard geometric shapes for my Vauban look

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Uranium Phoenix posted:

you know you can just look these up on the web site where they publish the drop rates

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I honestly don't "get" fashionframe.

My prime frames usually use the non-ostentatious non-prime skin.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

The person who introduced me to the game never asked me of my customisation again after I sent them a screenshot of the game. I have no idea why.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

BabelFish posted:

R-9 Cloud in particular seems to drop lots of Zetki shield generators. Ruse War Field seems to drop more Zetki reactors.

Yeah, that was wild. We're all zetkids now.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Yeah, maxed out my zekti shields in like 4 runs. Went from having no engine and decent everything else before yesterday to best in slot shields, engines, reactor, and a variety of Max bonus zekti and Vidar weapons. Also millions and millions of credits and piles of titanium. Ow if only they made mutagen samples drop in space...

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Antigravitas posted:

The person who introduced me to the game never asked me of my customisation again after I sent them a screenshot of the game. I have no idea why.

Perfection

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Interior design is my passion

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
as a Linux user we can't expect much in the way of graphic design from you, it's okay

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Antigravitas posted:

monster

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Antigravitas posted:

Everyone should have a Hot Dog Stand frame.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Antigravitas posted:

If your frame doesn't look like a 90's Super Soaker you're not doing it right.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

It's melted crayons actually :colbert:

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

BMan posted:

you know you can just look these up on the web site where they publish the drop rates

Oh whoops, forgot about that. Well, RNGesus just loves me I guess.

BabelFish posted:

This worked out. Gian Point is great for everything but Zetki stuff, then, I guess.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
the pomegranatenno is too powerful and must be destroyed

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Antigravitas posted:

The green contrasts the red, the orange compliments it. This. Is. Fine.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Psion posted:

https://gfycat.com/fakeblackbream

I mean it is definitely more fun, but in one hour me and my friends got that dancing animation bug, an infinite warp tunnel that never actually loaded the map, and our big forward shield turning into a giant strobe light. There's still some work to do bug-wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Antigravitas posted:

Your frame is a hot dog, good choice.