Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

irpoweroutlet posted:

I feel like I should email this to a reporter. it’s from a longer company FAQ posted internally

most people work for this company do so in very public facing positions

I find it insane that they want you to work if a family member has tested positive, or am I reading this wrong?

uhh gently caress yes

this policy will get a lot of people sick and dead dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

lmbo

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

BRB, gonna go to the shutdown Goodwill I got mine from and yell for my $4.99 back.

hell yeah get it son

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

irpoweroutlet posted:

I feel like I should email this to a reporter. it’s from a longer company FAQ posted internally

most people work for this company do so in very public facing positions

I find it insane that they want you to work if a family member has tested positive, or am I reading this wrong?

I mean go ahead and report it to the media, but companies now know the Republican party is on their side to absolve them of any liability for reopening.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Agrajag posted:

uhh gently caress yes

this policy will get a lot of people sick and dead dude

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
so people are definitely interacting more now socially out of spite, in the reopened states right, like everything is just sardine packed record crowds

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Gallup, nm just had the mayor and gov work together to block all roads into it

I'm betting it's to keep indians from the nearby reservations from getting to the hospital

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

euphronius posted:

36k new cases just today???

lol

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

snoo posted:

Cum
O
V
I
D

Now this is the content I like

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mycomancy posted:

I am absolutely loling at all these goons not understanding how exponentials work.

From March 1 to April 1 deaths doubled every 2.45 days. From April 1 to now, they doubled every 9.03 days. The difference? April saw actual attempts to contain the virus, and both the case numbers and the death count slowed.

By my calculations, if the doubling time stays what it is, by May 31 we will have 695,157 deaths. If our doubling time drops because of *waves arms gesticulating wildly* it goes up very fast.

So, here's my guess.

Doubling time: 6 days
Death count on May 31 for the United States: 2,293,629

Edit: the growth of total cases is usually pretty close to the death growth rate, March's being 2.69 days per doubling (nice) and April being 12.97.
If I'm right and the 6 days per doubling is correct we'll see ~40 million cases on May 31.

If I posted this I'd get probed for doomering

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Steve Yun posted:

I’m told half the people walking around in Tokyo still aren’t wearing masks?
I wouldn't know; I'm pretty far from Tokyo. Haven't been there in almost 2 years now except transiting through from an international flight.

Around here, I'd say 80% or so are wearing masks. The ones who aren't, I don't know if they just ran out or if they're just being obstinate. Some old folks are just refusing to adapt to either masks or social distancing.

The Abemasks haven't reached us yet, or at least I haven't gotten mine. It sounds like they're having trouble with the distribution, and either way the biggest cities are first priority.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

come on baby!! double every 4 days! daddy needs a new lung! *cugh couh*

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
ok, I emailed a reporter from a throwaway email. I sent the whole thing so they know it’s legitimate. any other way of getting this out there that is somewhat difficult to track back to me?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

each email had a custom hashtag. you'll be ousted,, drawn and quartered

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Rabbit and squirrel are great survival protein. You don’t even need a weapon to hunt them, just some wire to make snares

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

mycomancy posted:

I am absolutely loling at all these goons not understanding how exponentials work.

From March 1 to April 1 deaths doubled every 2.45 days. From April 1 to now, they doubled every 9.03 days. The difference? April saw actual attempts to contain the virus, and both the case numbers and the death count slowed.

By my calculations, if the doubling time stays what it is, by May 31 we will have 695,157 deaths. If our doubling time drops because of *waves arms gesticulating wildly* it goes up very fast.

So, here's my guess.

Doubling time: 6 days
Death count on May 31 for the United States: 2,293,629

Edit: the growth of total cases is usually pretty close to the death growth rate, March's being 2.69 days per doubling (nice) and April being 12.97.
If I'm right and the 6 days per doubling is correct we'll see ~40 million cases on May 31.

:thunk: quoting to look back on around May 31

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool
https://twitter.com/LEBassett/status/1047525081713467393?s=19

A PISS TAPE IS REAL HAT.

In the wild. Didn't a goon in the trump thread make these?

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

shovelbum posted:

so people are definitely interacting more now socially out of spite, in the reopened states right, like everything is just sardine packed record crowds

pent up demand, bigly

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

shovelbum posted:

If I posted this I'd get probed for doomering

What's wrong with doomering? Its reality

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

reality has a doomer lean

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
In case you are bored

here is they city of dallas' response to people who need money

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10AMaijnBk-HdzhTjIEPrFHuhoyIoUEmZ/view

The important bits are rent is normally due on the 3rd and this program starts accepting applicants on the 4th.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Also it says you can't get money if you have gotten federal assistance from the cares act and I don't know if the 1,200 counts but lol if it does

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Cum
O
V
Infections
D

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Coatlicue posted:

A PISS TAPE IS REAL HAT.

Yes.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Inceltown posted:

Cum
O
V
Infections
D

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Coatlicue posted:

A PISS TAPE IS REAL HAT.

pancakes I think

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Coatlicue posted:

A PISS TAPE IS REAL HAT.

:eyepop:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

RandomBlue posted:

pancakes I think

Yeah it was pancakes

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

so should I quit smoking or what I’m getting mixed messages

kater
Nov 16, 2010

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

hey remember to tell your dad you will die if you eat nothing but rabbit meat

what’s this about

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Chris Hayes still hasn't worn that hat lol

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Grondoth posted:

lol

I routinely think about how Bush could've rode this poo poo to an eternal presidency and yet it's actually hurting Trump, it's amazing

how is it hurting trump

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Grondoth posted:

lol

I routinely think about how Bush could've rode this poo poo to an eternal presidency and yet it's actually hurting Trump, it's amazing

His polling in his party is ~90s % and his fans are leading extremely successful and increasingly large/frequent pro-virus protests that have reopened half the country OP

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

Gallup, nm just had the mayor and gov work together to block all roads into it

I'm betting it's to keep indians from the nearby reservations from getting to the hospital

https://twitter.com/DanBoydNM/status/1256294264209682432?s=20
https://twitter.com/ABecenti/status/1256391426327207936?s=20
https://twitter.com/Bewickwren/status/1256376468759818247?s=20

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

Frog Act posted:

so should I quit smoking or what I’m getting mixed messages

UV light through a magnifier to light a bowl of tobacco sprinkled with aquarium rucks ripped through a 7’ bong filled with bleach is the CDC standard

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

rump buttman posted:

UV light through a magnifier to light a bowl of tobacco sprinkled with aquarium rucks ripped through a 7’ bong filled with bleach is the CDC standard

does the cdc offer any guidance on filling the neck of the bong with ice? i assume bleach ice?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Grandma show yourself.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

someone get him an account
https://twitter.com/SamCowie84/status/1256326858737475584?s=20

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

kater posted:

what’s this about

rabbit meat has almost no fat so if your diet only includes rabbit meat for your meat, you can get protein poisoning and die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

CODChimera posted:

What's wrong with doomering? Its reality

Shovelbutt was getting concern trolled hard itt a day or two ago about his "mental health" lol