Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

##vote Ninth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Can we uh, ask Janet stuff?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I wanna be a scum

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Not so much of a "good" place is it, then...you hate to see it

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Merk is here... I don't think this is the good place...

##vote merk

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Janet, who is from the Bad Place?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

OFFICER LIGER posted:

Janet, who is from the Bad Place?
No not like that, like this!

Janet, can I have a list of all the people I should vote for?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
##vote sandwolf

I can't think of a game recently that I've been in with you that you haven't been scum.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Everyone. Its been a long time since I've played. I welcome you all, old friends and new friends, with open arms. Hello. How are you? I'm good.

I'm sure there has been a great deal of Mafia Forums Posting Innovation in my absence, but frankly, that's fake and I don't believe any of it. So I'm going to get Day 1 (historically the worst day) off to a start myself.

Everyone, please rank your ability at Mystery Solving with a number from 1 (one (I)) to 10 (ten(X)).

A small FAQ about this process.

Q: "Varinn, what the ║▌║▌║█│▌, why would I do this?"

A: Because you must. End of the question.

Q: "Can I use decimals?"
A: Absolutely ║▌║▌║█│▌ing not.

Q: "Wouldn't I want to lie about being a poor mystery solver to fool the villains, or pretend I was great so people will foolishly trust me?"
A: Yes. In fact, I'll bold this next bit because it's important, even though it ║▌║▌║█│▌ up my formatting. Please feel free to lie. Or don't. But everyone should assume any answer might be a lie. This is not about finding out your true Mystery Solving Skill. It's just future data points for those of us who are incredible detectives.

Q: "You're a genius, God I missed you."
A: Not a question, but thank you.

Q: "This is suspicious, you're going to use this to railroad a vote on someone today, we should vote for you."
A: Anyone who uses these answers as a vote reason should be punished with all available prejudice. The cruel justices of the universe will grind them beneath their heel, either now or in the future. This I believe. Also, don't vote for me. Obviously.

Anyway, I'm a 10/10. Of course. Let's begin.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I pride myself on never having failed at an escape room so...like...9/10

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

I pride myself on never having failed at an escape room so...like...9/10

Well...okay that's more puzzles than mystery....I don't know if I've ever successfully guessed the answer of a who-done-it....so maybe it's 3/10?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

zzyzx posted:

##vote Ninth

Hey sup ##vote zzyzx

Honestly too many people I want to joke vote this game.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

Hey sup ##vote zzyzx

Honestly too many people I want to joke vote this game.

You can vote them all in one post!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my mystery solving ability is like 2/10, which is great because it makes stuff like dangan ronpa way more exciting for me. i can never seem to guess the answers in advance.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

What the fork is this shirt?

##vote Varinn

11/10

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

it’s like you didn’t even read the faq jose

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Varinn posted:

Everyone. Its been a long time since I've played. I welcome you all, old friends and new friends, with open arms. Hello. How are you? I'm good.

I'm sure there has been a great deal of Mafia Forums Posting Innovation in my absence, but frankly, that's fake and I don't believe any of it. So I'm going to get Day 1 (historically the worst day) off to a start myself.

Everyone, please rank your ability at Mystery Solving with a number from 1 (one (I)) to 10 (ten(X)).

Q: "Wouldn't I want to lie about being a poor mystery solver to fool the villains, or pretend I was great so people will foolishly trust me?"
A: Yes. In fact, I'll bold this next bit because it's important, even though it ║▌║▌║█│▌ up my formatting. Please feel free to lie. Or don't. But everyone should assume any answer might be a lie. This is not about finding out your true Mystery Solving Skill. It's just future data points for those of us who are incredible detectives.

Q: "This is suspicious, you're going to use this to railroad a vote on someone today, we should vote for you."
A: Anyone who uses these answers as a vote reason should be punished with all available prejudice. The cruel justices of the universe will grind them beneath their heel, either now or in the future. This I believe. Also, don't vote for me. Obviously.

Oh poo poo I told everybody you died from farting too much.

I'm a solid 7/10 I think.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

and from the plumes of those farts I was born anew, stronger than ever

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
My mystery solving ability is a solid :stonk:/10. Like, object permanence still blows my mind sometimes.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Varinn posted:

it’s like you didn’t even read the faq jose

I've got a Mafia Brand to uphold, and reading posts ain't it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I’m here, so it’s definitely the best place

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i did rng to determine a single player who i'll pretend is confirmed town to me. it came up yuming, which sucks because i always think she's scum. but rules are rules. yuming is town i guess

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Varinn posted:

Lumpen changed their name?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Varinn posted:

║▌║▌║█│▌

If you scan this with a barcode reader it says "SCUM," FYI.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anyway I’m beet and I’m new to mafia

Hi all

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah i didnt read varinn's faq because of those weird black boxes

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

hambeet posted:

Anyway I’m beet and I’m new to mafia

Hi all

Hi beet. I'm also new to mafia! Let's be friends

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

how could you say this to me

imagine a small varinn will remember this pop up just appeared

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ive never liked this sort of ironic posting where you can always brush anything you said aside under the excuse of being a long-form performative joke
##vote varinn

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

yeah i didnt read varinn's faq because of those weird black boxes

You see black boxes ? interesting

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

CapnAndy posted:

No not like that, like this!

Janet, can I have a list of all the people I should vote for?
Also, that's two straight for games where I lecture Liger on how to behave on Day 1! I'm gonna go for 3

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Mr. Steak posted:

ive never liked this sort of ironic posting where you can always brush anything you said aside under the excuse of being a long-form performative joke
##vote varinn

Do not mistake this for irony, buddy. I’m dead serious. Everyone is forced to approach a single question whose answer ultimately doesn’t matter. This is how we take everyone’s base temperature.

or, if you prefer audio metaphors, we are taking the room tone

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Varinn posted:

Do not mistake this for irony, buddy. I’m dead serious. Everyone is forced to approach a single question whose answer ultimately doesn’t matter. This is how we take everyone’s base temperature.

or, if you prefer audio metaphors, we are taking the room tone

i still believe its easier to scum to hide behind weird poo poo posting, compared to posting like a human being.

harder to read your tone that way

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*for scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not that your posting isnt good and entertaining.

but this is not a game about being entertaining, and i am wary

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
You're being very hostile on day one :( why can't we all get along?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Varinn posted:

You're a 6.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

i still believe its easier to scum to hide behind weird poo poo posting, compared to posting like a human being.

harder to read your tone that way

Same, but for faux concern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'll leave it a mystery how good I am at solving mysteries.