Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gripweed posted:

You don't have to pick your favorite rapist. You can refuse.

Will that lead to a rapist not taking charge? If so, please, by all means, explain how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RBA Starblade posted:

Will that lead to a rapist not taking charge? If so, please, by all means, explain how.

if a violent, racist, rapist is an inevitability then you can just opt out of participation.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

VitalSigns posted:

Is it relevant.

If the argument is "Biden didn't do it", Trump raping women has no bearing on whether Biden has assaulted women.

The only way it's relevant is if Democrats get free passes to rape based on how much Trump has raped, so probably the reason it's not brought up is people don't feel comfortable making an argument like that

What you're seeing from both candidates and their supporters is basically the normalization of rape. That it's actually good and cool to attack rape victims by shaming them for speaking up and questioning them when they do in fact have very good evidence.

Joe Biden is profoundly weird and touchy, especially on young girls. He's on camera, eyes closed, blissfully smelling the hair of young women and girls. He's creepy as gently caress and that's what he does in public. Less Uncle Joe, more Uncle Touchy.

I think that it's a positive thing for men to like kids in a non-creepy way because men are half of the biological process of making them and ideally, in a heterosexual relationship, would spend time raising their children. But gently caress if people like Biden creeping on children doesn't just gently caress it up for everyone by being a goddamn pervert creep on literally loving children, holy poo poo. Don't touch children like a child molester would. Don't compliment a fourteen year old's breasts. Don't rape people. And somehow we have not just one, but two presidential candidates who do this poo poo. Trump with Epstein and Joe Biden with being constantly on camera creeping on children.

The only thing I want Joe Biden to do is to get pushed out the loving airlock. I want his near corpse to be used as reaction mass and we can get the gently caress away from this rapist creep faster. This man who wants to reach across the aisle to work with the republicans, who are rapidly becoming Nazis.

Joe Biden cannot die fast enough nor can his enablers. Fire them into the sun. Feed them to velociraptors. Anything so long as Satan can finally claim his own once more.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 2, 2020

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

RBA Starblade posted:

How will voting for a rapist lead to a rapist not taking charge? If it won't, why do you hold others to a higher standard than yourself?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Eminai posted:

How will voting for a rapist lead to a rapist not taking charge? If it won't, why do you hold others to a higher standard than yourself?

I do not, I am under no delusion about the possible outcomes of our actions.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

RBA Starblade posted:

If there's no option for a non-rapist, don't participate. Don't support a rapist. Vote third party or not at all.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

My vote won't matter regardless, Biden isn't going to be elected by one vote in a red state

If your argument is that my vote doesn't matter, why do you want me to vote for a rapist so bad, just for fun? No.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Yeah, they let you vote in all the other races, even if you don't vote for President!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gripweed posted:

If there's no option for a non-rapist, don't participate. Don't support a rapist. Vote third party or not at all.

You didn't answer the question.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Just don't vote for any rapist whatsoever.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RBA Starblade posted:

what the gently caress do you want here? Right, no non-rapists running for prez, poo poo sucks, we hosed around and found out. So just don't vote for either then, who gives a poo poo?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

RBA Starblade posted:

If a rapist is inevitable, the least you can do is not be part of the reason why. Because right now, you are part of the problem. You are dead set on picking the best rapist and giving him your support. You can not bemoan the outcome if you actively work to make it happen

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If a rapist is inevitable, then no action I take, or do not take, will impact that, by definition. I'm going to aim to minimize the damage then, instead.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it's literally just that vine. When there's drama you can always just walk awaaaaaaaaay~

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

RBA Starblade posted:

No. Also you won't be voting for a rapist. So, morally...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RBA Starblade posted:

If a rapist is inevitable, then no action I take, or do not take, will impact that, by definition. I'm going to aim to minimize the damage then, instead.

the rapists are both the same damage, you cannot minimize it, it sucks but that's the position we're in, vote downballot and support non rapist progressives

relax-o-vision
Feb 21, 2007

Gripweed posted:

You feel it is morally acceptable to support a rapist for president. You are in no position of moral superiority here.

I fully accept that I will be morally compromising myself by casting a vote for a rapist. I just want to make it clear that you are compromising yourself every bit as much by allowing nazis to flourish. There is no option here that does not have an immoral outcome, least of all doing nothing.

sexpig by night posted:

what the gently caress do you want here? Right, no non-rapists running for prez, poo poo sucks, we hosed around and found out. So just don't vote for either then, who gives a poo poo?

Neo-nazis give a poo poo that you will be letting them rule.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

relax-o-vision posted:

I fully accept that I will be morally compromising myself by casting a vote for a rapist. I just want to make it clear that you are compromising yourself every bit as much by allowing nazis to flourish. There is no option here that does not have an immoral outcome, least of all doing nothing.

oh yea, better vote for the other guy who's history is full of white supremacy and violence against people of color then

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm about 4 years past caring about the difference between the guys who want to put me in a camp and the ones who think the camp should have a tether-ball court and a woman/LGBTQ+ friendly hiring policy.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

RBA Starblade posted:

I do not, I am under no delusion about the possible outcomes of our actions.

You're under the delusion that one of the possible outcomes of your actions is that your vote will decide which rapist becomes president of the United States. It won't. In the end, all your vote will decide is who you see in the mirror November 4th. I know I'll see somebody who didn't decide to reward a rapist with power over nearly every person he comes into contact with.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

relax-o-vision posted:

The Democratic Party is the one letting them rule, if they wanted the votes of people who don't vote for rapists, they'd not nominate a rapist.

I'm not responsible for the DNC's decision to help Nazis into power, go yell at them

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Biden has a long and storied history of being a racist, so I don't think he'll do anything about white supremacists writ large.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I'm not voting for a rapist. There is no justification for voting for a rapist. I'll either vote for a candidate who has never committed a rape, or I won't vote at all. But I will not use the tiny little inconsequential power of a vote I have to put a rapist in the whitehouse.

Then dont vote for either, just vote down ballot you brain dead miracle

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Parrotine posted:

Then dont vote for either, just vote down ballot you brain dead miracle

I mean, yeah, that's what everyone is advocating.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Gripweed posted:

Sometimes you just gotta walk away from Omelas. (Flipping the bird while you do it is optional, of course.)

relax-o-vision
Feb 21, 2007

Syenite posted:

Biden has a long and storied history of being a racist, so I don't think he'll do anything about white supremacists writ large.

It doesn't actually matter whether Biden does anything about neo-nazis. They don't see him as one of their own, unlike Trump. He doesn't represent them. Trump's mere presence in the white house is, in and of itself, the condition which enfranchises neo-nazis.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A point of that story was walking away from Omelas did not fix the monstrosity it was built upon.

Eminai posted:

You're under the delusion that one of the possible outcomes of your actions is that your vote will decide which rapist becomes president of the United States. It won't. In the end, all your vote will decide is who you see in the mirror November 4th. I know I'll see somebody who didn't decide to reward a rapist with power over nearly every person he comes into contact with.

If you don't vote do you see a void with the winning rapist within?

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 2, 2020

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

RBA Starblade posted:

Not voting is acceptance of the status quo, a rapist in charge, or not caring what the outcome will be which is a rapist in charge.

There is no escape I'm afraid.

Who is the incumbent, and what has he done?

Or we hold elections and tally votes? the gently caress are you talking about with this incumbent poo poo like election is predetermined, it's like voting nihilism

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

relax-o-vision posted:

It doesn't actually matter whether Biden does anything about neo-nazis. They don't see him as one of their own, unlike Trump. He doesn't represent them. Trump's mere presence in the white house is, in and of itself, the condition which enfranchises neo-nazis.

I think you'll find Biden represents the interests of the neo-nazis quite, what with being a white male segregationist in charge

e: who exports minorities in record numbers and cages children to boot

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Unoriginal Name posted:

Or we hold elections and tally votes? the gently caress are you talking about with this incumbent poo poo like election is predetermined, it's like voting nihilism

Of course it's not predetermined, but I see no outcome in which a rapist does not take change of America as of now. Do you? Please, tell me how, then.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

RBA Starblade posted:

Of course it's not predetermined, but I see no outcome in which a rapist does not take change of America as of now. Do you?

Yes, that why I'll be writing in non-rapists until one wins

Being unable to visualize the possibility of positive change is why I called it nihilism

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Unoriginal Name posted:

Yes, that why I'll be writing in non-rapists until one wins

Being unable to visualize the possibility of positive change is why I called it nihilism

How are you planning on writing in more than one there?

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
What a fascinating moral dilemma, to vote for the lesser of two rapists or not vote at all and abdicate all responsibility for the outcome. I wonder how long this debate will continue. Six months?

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
It's always funny to me how being "friends" with Obama made everyone forget how much racist poo poo Biden has done.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wilbur Swain posted:

What a fascinating moral dilemma, to vote for the lesser of two rapists or not vote at all and abdicate all responsibility for the outcome. I wonder how long this debate will continue. Six months?

I'm going to guess four years and six months.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Wilbur Swain posted:

Four months after the election, minimum.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

generic one posted:

You two remember in 2005 when Dubbya put forward an initiative to privatize Social Security?

Do you remember he couldn't do it? Just like pre-Clinton republicans couldn't gut welfare, and Trump couldn't dump the ACA. To get rid of benefits it helps tremendously to have Democratic buy in.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

relax-o-vision posted:

I was going to sympathize with you earlier because militia members just occupied the perimeter of a historically black cemetery in my town and I'm pretty pissed, but hoo boy have you been high on your horse, and I'm not entirely sure why since you don't seem to understand how nazis operate. Like, the Weimar Republic, do you think that dissuaded the Nazi movement from advancing? Ineffective liberal governments are actually the perfect spawning ground for fascism because it gives them a credible enemy and establishes a credible failure to inspire behind. Right now nazis feel enfranchised, sure, but also a weird mix of content and weirdly dissatisfied with Trump, that he "doesn't go far enough." I don't think there's any point in keeping Trump in office to keep nazis in that form of limbo because I think meta-decisions like that about politics are pointless. But assuming this nazi thing gets better with an inarticulate rapist in office? How do you think Trump came to power? Or what has lifted up Bernie as high as he got? The ineffectual administrations of people like Biden that are making people angrier and angrier and angrier. You're mad about these occupations? Wait until you get the outright overthrow. And who's going to stop them? Biden will legislate antifas rights away to counteract this poo poo because he couldn't stand them protesting him. The cure to nazis isn't the guy who makes student debt non-dischargeable, y'know? It's like voting for the Treaty of Versailles in an attempt to stop the Kristallnacht.

relax-o-vision
Feb 21, 2007

Unoriginal Name posted:

I think you'll find Biden represents the interests of the neo-nazis quite, what with being a white male segregationist in charge

e: who exports minorities in record numbers and cages children to boot

Neo-nazis do not think Biden represents their interests. They see Trump as their avatar, and every day that Trump is in power is a day that neo-nazis are represented and enfranchised on the global stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

relax-o-vision posted:

Neo-nazis do not think Biden represents their interests. They see Trump as their avatar, and every day that Trump is in power is a day that neo-nazis are represented and enfranchised on the global stage.

I do not concern myself with opinions of nazis, especially about nazism